GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

4 hours ago, Padme said:

A release in one city only? That billboard has been up there for several days already. Not even one other city has a similar billboard yet?

Actually it's almost a month now.   A billboard like this promoting arelease doesn't make any sense really as noted there would (probably) be billboards in other markets.  And, there's not much money to be made off of a release anyway, so why waste money promoting it like this.  My thinking now is this is related to a show in the LA Forum, that's my final answer.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Actually it's almost a month now.   A billboard like this promoting arelease doesn't make any sense really as noted there would (probably) be billboards in other markets.  And, there's not much money to be made off of a release anyway, so why waste money promoting it like this.  My thinking now is this is related to a show in the LA Forum, that's my final answer.

I agree that's most likely the case. But there are people who still think a realese of a DVD and/or an album of some kind is possible.

Don't forget that the contract with Geffen finished with Chinese Democracy and that the management seems that they don't want to know anything else from them. I don't know how they would proceed about Appetite's material, basically about old songs, remixes, remastered songs, rights or royalties. 

46 minutes ago, RebecaCess said:

Don't forget that the contract with Geffen finished with Chinese Democracy and that the management seems that they don't want to know anything else from them. I don't know how they would proceed about Appetite's material, basically about old songs, remixes, remastered songs, rights or royalties. 

Um, wut?

56 minutes ago, RebecaCess said:

He's right, when Guns N' Roses signed up with Geffen, they signed up for 6 studio albums, the 6th was Chinese Democracy, Axl had been complaining about record labels and the way they do the things since nineties (I think). A remastered (or something like that) of Appetite implicate Guns N' Roses dealing with Geffen again. 

2 minutes ago, Fede said:

He's right, when Guns N' Roses signed up with Geffen, they signed up for 6 studio albums, the 6th was Chinese Democracy, Axl had been complaining about record labels and the way they do the things since nineties (I think). A remastered (or something like that) of Appetite implicate Guns N' Roses dealing with Geffen again. 

No, not right.  Axl said in this very forum in 2008 they were still under contract to Universal (which owns Geffen).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Padme said:

Is that billboard still there? Is there any other billboard some place else? We need a new picture :lol:

It's still there, yesterday Duff's daughter shared a video on her insta stories of the billboard ;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

And now, thanks to Steven, we know Fernando is planning something special for July. 

Massive letdown incoming. 

Whatever Fernando might be planning. I'm sure neither Steven nor Izzy were going to be part of it even before the recent interviews

• Like 2

I think the Los Angeles billboard means that they will announce both a 30th Anniversary AFD show and at least one LA area show for the end of the 2017 NITL tour.     

my predictions:

1 - There will be an Appetite 30 Year show - Friday night July 21, 2017  - at the Roxy, Whiskey, or Troubadour.

to be announced day of show…..

The anniversary of Appetite’s release happens to fall on a Friday night this year, exactly like the April Fool’s Troubadour show last year.   

I think it will be the current band line up and they will play the whole album all the way through.  maybe Izzy will guest for a song or two.   

2 - There will be at least one LA Area show at end of 2017 NA tour.   Likely at the LA Forum.

Based on the timing of previous tour announcements, this new 2017 Los Angeles show or shows will likely be announced as the European leg kicks off at the end of May which is about 4 months before an LA show after the Sept 8 San Antonio, TX date. 

when the 2016 NITL dates were first announced, Los Angeles was similarly not listed. 

the Los Angeles dates went on sale weeks later about 4 months before the show. 

another scenario is that they announce the Los Angeles Sept shows on July 21st at the same time they announce that evening’s 30th anniversary club show. 

all of this will help hype the upcoming 2017 NA american leg of the tour and help sell the remaining tickets for those shows which are still very available.  

12 hours ago, Racker said:

I think the Los Angeles billboard means that they will announce both a 30th Anniversary AFD show and at least one LA area show for the end of the 2017 NITL tour.     

my predictions:

1 - There will be an Appetite 30 Year show - Friday night July 21, 2017  - at the Roxy, Whiskey, or Troubadour.

The anniversary of Appetite’s release happens to fall on a Friday night this year, exactly like the April Fool’s Troubadour show last year.   

I think it will be the current band line up and they will play the whole album all the way through.  maybe Izzy will guest for a song or two.   

2 - There will be at least one LA Area show at end of 2017 NA tour.   Likely at the LA Forum.

Based on the timing of previous tour announcements, this new 2017 Los Angeles show or shows will likely be announced as the European leg kicks off at the end of May which is about 4 months before an LA show after the Sept 8 San Antonio, TX date. 

when the 2016 NITL dates were first announced, Los Angeles was similarly not listed. 

another scenario is that they announce the Los Angeles Sept shows on July 21st at the same time they announce that evening’s 30th anniversary club show. 

all of this will help hype the upcoming 2017 NA american leg of the tour and help sell the remaining tickets for those shows which are still very available.  

Here's the thing....this is very unlikely to be related to AFD at all as the logo is from the UYI era, of course that has been said in this thread several times.

13 hours ago, Racker said:

my predictions:

I would love for you to be right, however I doubt Izzy would guest and a big part of me would have massive respect if he doesn't join them. I personally can't think of anything more disappointing than Izzy on stage for AFD anniversary special with the curently line up, guesting.

The timing of this billboard is really odd, based on what you have said, then you would expect it to go up in May, to announce any new LA Dates at the end of the tour. @tsinindy all ready pointed out it is unlikely to be promoting AFD as it the UYI logo :shrugs:

Whatever it is, somebody is taking a gamble on a billboard effectively promoting nothing apart from the band name, maybe it will get an update soon, a clue to what's being advertised would be helpful.

yes, I agree with you Archtop that it seems to make more sense that the billboard would have gone up in May.   maybe they just want LA to know they haven't been forgotten :)

I would only guess it's related to the AFD 30th based on Adler's comments on the Trunk show that they have something special planned for the anniversary and that the exact album release date falls on a Friday night right before the NA american leg of the 2017 tour . 

• Like 1