GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

On 2/9/2017 at 11:24 AM, RebecaCess said:

Don't forget that the contract with Geffen finished with Chinese Democracy and that the management seems that they don't want to know anything else from them. I don't know how they would proceed about Appetite's material, basically about old songs, remixes, remastered songs, rights or royalties. 

It did? What's your source?  How do we know they don't owe the record company any more albums?

56 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

So- this billboard is still there on the Strip? And no others have been seen anywhere else?

Correct....I occasionally do twitter and facebook searches for GnR billboards and there have been none sighted anywhere else since this one was reported that I can find.  

• Like 1

Steven's comments were interesting, I'd think it a big coincidence if the billboard didn't relate to this in some way. I guess the billboard is Fernando's way of putting a teaser out there, I mean it's got to cost, so it's got to mean something.

I wouldn't be surprised at an LA club show to mark the anniversary, possibly with AFD5 as the whole thing could well be ending around then so less of a issue putting Steven and Izzy in there. Although as we know, things are rarely done exactly as we'd hope or would like in the GNR world so I wouldn't rule out another hybrid.

One thing I would be concerned about is the ticket demand for such a show, especially in a club. Best case scenario they did a number of clubs. Might have to join the fan club now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Carburetta said:

Steven's comments were interesting, I'd think it a big coincidence if the billboard didn't relate to this in some way. I guess the billboard is Fernando's way of putting a teaser out there, I mean it's got to cost, so it's got to mean something.

I wouldn't be surprised at an LA club show to mark the anniversary, possibly with AFD5 as the whole thing could well be ending around then so less of a issue putting Steven and Izzy in there. Although as we know, things are rarely done exactly as we'd hope or would like in the GNR world so I wouldn't rule out another hybrid.

One thing I would be concerned about is the ticket demand for such a show, especially in a club. Best case scenario they did a number of clubs. Might have to join the fan club now.

Hopefully going back to the Troubadour to finally do it the way it should have been done in the first place. It would give an excuse for Steven not to have to play stuff like November Rain because it's a club, and they can finally film and release that performance then because Axl isn't performing with a broken foot this time around. That's why I think the original Troubadour performance will not be released as DVD.

14 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Read the thread

I suppose I could advise you to do the same.  I am the person that posted about the So Fine single.  See below, ESPECIALLY the last 2 sentences.  :shrugs:

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, troccoli said:

Is it my or do the billboard colors remind you of this promo single from Brazil:

12SoBraPro-650x486.jpg

From what I have been told I think the actual billboard is closer to green but the pic posted make sit look yellow.  Not saying the ad has anything to do with UYI2, So Fine, Brazil, records, promo singles, or anything else.  Just thought it was a pretty cool coincidence.

13 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

a lot of people just ignored your advice

Yeah, I guess so.  Other theories I could understand but I really didn't think that me posting that would catch fire.  Anyways no harm intended and @tsinindy not trying to start anything, never had a problem with you and I think you are a good presence on this forum.  Should have phrased the responses I posted better.  All apologies man

• Like 1

9 hours ago, troccoli said:

Yeah, I guess so.  Other theories I could understand but I really didn't think that me posting that would catch fire.  Anyways no harm intended and @tsinindy not trying to start anything, never had a problem with you and I think you are a good presence on this forum.  Should have phrased the responses I posted better.  All apologies man

Got it, sorry...I just remember it having been discussed and then someone (you) saying something about it again, later like they hadn't read the whole thread :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 11:38 AM, tsinindy said:

Here's the thing....this is very unlikely to be related to AFD at all as the logo is from the UYI era, of course that has been said in this thread several times.

this was my first thought , but perhaps we are putting to much stock in this /?