GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

On 25/02/2017 at 0:48 PM, Archtop said:

I would love for you to be right, however I doubt Izzy would guest and a big part of me would have massive respect if he doesn't join them. I personally can't think of anything more disappointing than Izzy on stage for AFD anniversary special with the curently line up, guesting.

The timing of this billboard is really odd, based on what you have said, then you would expect it to go up in May, to announce any new LA Dates at the end of the tour. @tsinindy all ready pointed out it is unlikely to be promoting AFD as it the UYI logo :shrugs:

Whatever it is, somebody is taking a gamble on a billboard effectively promoting nothing apart from the band name, maybe it will get an update soon, a clue to what's being advertised would be helpful.

You would respect izzy for not playing? Izzy is only not playing because he wants more "loot". It's a nice and fuzzy idea that izzy is not playing because he has intergrity, but it's for the birds, he wants money. More and more of it. That's why he isn't there. Where is Izzy's reciprocal respect for the fans that defend him all day?  And praise him for his intergrity? You would think he would stop by and do an interview or something. I guess he's under a gag order, oh wait, no, he's not in GNR, maybe he doesn't care? Just like everyone says Axl, Slash and duff don't. Nah, not buying it, this is a man of integrity, I guess he's just busy.

• Like 2

On 02/02/2017 at 5:00 PM, DIST said:

It means you still gonna pay top dollar to see a shitty drummer ruin all GNR songs live.

Oh the poor fans. Frank ruined the songs for you? Grow a pair, seriously. You have Axl, Slash and Duff up there. If that's not enough for you to enjoy the show then I guess you aren't really that into GN'R. This doesn't make you a purist by the way, it makes you a pain. People complain about Axl worrying about every little thing on an album, you can't even enjoy a live show without doing the same thing. I feel bad for you, the band you love hasn't existed for 30 years, but still you wait and shit on everything else in between because you are special, you are a fan of the " real GN'R".

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

You would respect izzy for not playing? Izzy is only not playing because he wants more "loot". It's a nice and fuzzy idea that izzy is not playing because he has intergrity, but it's for the birds, he wants money. More and more of it. That's why he isn't there. Where is Izzy's reciprocal respect for the fans that defend him all day?  And praise him for his intergrity? You would think he would stop by and do an interview or something. I guess he's under a gag order, oh wait, no, he's not in GNR, maybe he doesn't care? Just like everyone says Axl, Slash and duff don't. Nah, not buying it, this is a man of integrity, I guess he's just busy.

Integrity by definition is the quality of being honest and have strong moral principles, in my opinion Izzy's tweet stating he would not be at the shows as they wont "split the loot equally" is the most honest response from any of GnR so far.

With out falling into the on-going forum debates about Izzy coming back full time, selling his shares, or wanting his shares back as I see no evidence of him asking for this, and Just by taking the one tweet as the state of affairs as Izzy sees it, why shouldn't he ask for an equal split of money if he believes he deserves it? He obviously offended by what was offered and yes thank you for pointing it out but I completely understand money is why he isn't there.

Do I feel Izzy should put aside what he feels is right and get out and play for the fans, supporters and defenders. I admit I was disappointed to begin with, but does Izzy owe me that, no of course not. Why should he explain his actions in an interview? look at Stevens recent press, do we gain anything from it other than more to speculate over. Unless the original five come together, an interview will always remain one persons version of events, which is open to debate by who chooses to believe them or not.

You say he doesn't care or respect the fans, I disagree.  His been busy, two cover song released on youtube and new songs released for download, I personally get more value from this than a guest spot on stage for rehashed GnR, but that's just me. 

So yes I respect his decision not to play with the current set up.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Oh the poor fans. Frank ruined the songs for you? Grow a pair, seriously. You have Axl, Slash and Duff up there. If that's not enough for you to enjoy the show then I guess you aren't really that into GN'R. This doesn't make you a purist by the way, it makes you a pain. People complain about Axl worrying about every little thing on an album, you can't even enjoy a live show without doing the same thing. I feel bad for you, the band you love hasn't existed for 30 years, but still you wait and shit on everything else in between because you are special, you are a fan of the " real GN'R".

You don't have to be a "purist" to dislike what Frank and Fortus bring to the table... I love seeing Axl, Slash and Duff up there. I enjoy watching live clips almost daily.. It just sucks when Fortus and Frank have moments of suck that detract the amazing experience of seeing Axl/Slash and Duff back up there doing it. They just sound straight up awkward at times.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Archtop said:

Integrity by definition is the quality of being honest and have strong moral principles, in my opinion Izzy's tweet stating he would not be at the shows as they wont "split the loot equally" is the most honest response from any of GnR so far.

With out falling into the on-going forum debates about Izzy coming back full time, selling his shares, or wanting his shares back as I see no evidence of him asking for this, and Just by taking the one tweet as the state of affairs as Izzy sees it, why shouldn't he ask for an equal split of money if he believes he deserves it? He obviously offended by what was offered and yes thank you for pointing it out but I completely understand money is why he isn't there.

Do I feel Izzy should put aside what he feels is right and get out and play for the fans, supporters and defenders. I admit I was disappointed to begin with, but does Izzy owe me that, no of course not. Why should he explain his actions in an interview? look at Stevens recent press, do we gain anything from it other than more to speculate over. Unless the original five come together, an interview will always remain one persons version of events, which is open to debate by who chooses to believe them or not.

You say he doesn't care or respect the fans, I disagree.  His been busy, two cover song released on youtube and new songs released for download, I personally get more value from this than a guest spot on stage for rehashed GnR, but that's just me. 

So yes I respect his decision not to play with the current set up.

Izzy shouldn't explain anything in an interview unless he wants too. I never requested that he should, I was quite clearly drawing attention to the double standards people apply to these guys.

i didn't say he doesn't care or respect the fans. I'm applying the logic many here like to hold Axl, slash and duff to, to izzy, who currently walks on water and can do no wrong. Axl doesn't do an interview and people call it disrespect, izzy does the same and he's a humble guy. 

Edited by MADDOGJONES

On 25/2/2017 at 11:22 AM, Subtle Signs said:

It did? What's your source?  How do we know they don't owe the record company any more albums?

According to Marc Canter in his book, he shows the voucher that shows the 37,500 dollars the 5 members received from Geffen in advance on a 1.6 million dollar six record contract. 

My theory:

Remember the Richard fortus interview before he got married? He said they wanted to do St Louis, either last show on the 16' tour or first show of this tour. 

"It doesn't make sense to kick off a tour in the middle of the country..but we're gonna do it"

My guess is the LA show will be a few days before St Louis. Logistically & financially it makes sense.

Also, Euro tour ends July 15th and US tour kicks off July 27th.

Appetite for Destruction 30th anniversary is on July 21st. Steven adler mentioned they had some cool plans for the 30th anniversary.

There will either be a show July 21st, or 24/25 July, in conjunction with the 2/3 days break in between shows which will be before St Louis

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

My theory:

Remember the Richard fortus interview before he got married? He said they wanted to do St Louis, either last show on the 16' tour or first show of this tour. 

"It doesn't make sense to kick off a tour in the middle of the country..but we're gonna do it"

My guess is the LA show will be a few days before St Louis. Logistically & financially it makes sense.

Also, Euro tour ends July 15th and US tour kicks off July 27th.

Appetite for Destruction 30th anniversary is on July 21st. Steven adler mentioned they had some cool plans for the 30th anniversary.

There will either be a show July 21st, or 24/25 July, in conjunction with the 2/3 days break in between shows which will be before St Louis

Hmmm. Seems logical- makes a lot of sense... 

7 hours ago, RebecaCess said:

He tagged Ken Fermaglich and Steve Hermann from United Talent Agency and Live Nation on the comments... 

Bingo

Live Nation operates the Hollywood Palladium on Sunset aswell as The Wiltern Theatre.

Gn'R has history at both venues, but the Palladium has a higher capacity and is in the heart of Hollywood. 

I don't see them doing Troubadour twice...

Hollywood Palladium, sometime July 21st - 23rd

53 minutes ago, doakes said:

Bingo

Live Nation operates the Hollywood Palladium on Sunset aswell as The Wiltern Theatre.

Gn'R has history at both venues, but the Palladium has a higher capacity and is in the heart of Hollywood. 

I don't see them doing Troubadour twice...

Hollywood Palladium, sometime July 21st - 23rd

Interested in how people knew who these seemingly innocuous people are, one guy has like 300 followers but has posted gn'r stuff in the past.