GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

I don't think Fernando said anything about any revelation in two days on the instagram. There was a comment mentioning "two days", but it was in relation to Beauty and the Beast, could have been a joke relating to the movie premiering two days from when the post was made.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

I don't think Fernando said anything about any revelation in two days on the instagram. There was a comment mentioning "two days", but it was in relation to Beauty and the Beast, could have been a joke relating to the movie premiering two days from when the post was made.

Yup. My bad. Another member was giving an opinion and I had it in my head that Fernando said it.

So GnR continues to pay for a mysterious billboard...

10 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

maybe they've finished some new music 

NOT 

it's clearly the appetite summer anniversary hype pre-announcement carrot dangle 

I would agree if they were using the appetite cross, but they are using UYI bullet logo, so it doesn't clearly say anything ? But yeah, still one hell of a carrot dangle, it's been up there so long it's going stale. 

38 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I would agree if they were using the appetite cross, but they are using UYI bullet logo, so it doesn't clearly say anything ? But yeah, still one hell of a carrot dangle, it's been up there so long it's going stale. 

Bullet logo is from afd

23 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Bullet logo is from afd

I ment with the yellow background. As it stands at the moment I would say it probably has more to do with the RIR announcement. 

Anybody  know when the blood around the logo first appeared?

Edited by Archtop

20 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I ment with the yellow background. As it stands at the moment I would say it probably has more to do with the RIR announcement. 

Back cover of UYI I think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Archtop said:

isn't that logo just an extension of the original appettite one 

maybe its just sorum/izzy that are back haha

On 19/03/2017 at 11:15 AM, Archtop said:

I dont think they are digging this deep into this, its just one of their logos in a yellow background. lol It could be the CD logo and it would mean the same.

That "So Fine" promo wasnt even an official release, it was just a promo to a fuckin brazilian radio the band probably never even saw and aside the So Fine yellow background thing, it has nothing to do with any of their official albuns or singles. 

It is weird, yeah, but as far as we know its just the band saying hey to their hometown.

a Sunset Boulevard billboard can cost between $10,000-$25,000 per month. 

When Axl Rose ended a 23-year feud with his former Guns N’ Roses bandmates, Duff McKagan and Slash, and agreed to reunite with them onstage in 2016, the band unveiled its North American tour in an unusual way. There were no news conferences, talk-show chats or photo ops. Instead, flashy electronic billboards featuring the band’s logo and famous song titles began popping up in major cities across the country.

“It’s what we call a reveal, where you give hints that start to build excitement and questions, and with social media, these things have a tendency to catch fire,” said Scott Wells, chief executive of Clear Channel Outdoor Americas, which handled some of the band’s billboard campaign.

The billboard strategy seems almost retro at a time when much of the marketing world is focused on mobile devices and social media. But Guns N’ Roses isn’t alone. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/05/business/media/look-up-in-the-digital-age-billboards-are-far-from-dead.html?_r=0

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, GhostOfPride said:

yeah, that billboard will likely stay there until they make an announcement for an LA show later this year. 

my guess is that the last week in May (right before the tour starts up again) is likely when they will announce some more dates.

Seems like a huge waste of money if that's the case. But I wouldn't put it past them. :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GhostOfPride said:

yeah, that billboard will likely stay there until they make an announcement for an LA show later this year. 

my guess is that the last week in May (right before the tour starts up again) is likely when they will announce some more dates.

It is still a waste of money. Those kind of billboards are very expensive. If it means an anouncement about a show in L.A. put a billboard just a few days before and not several months ahead of the event they mean to advertise. They could spend that money feeding people in Africa if they don't need it for themselves

9 hours ago, Zurimor said:

There is a remastered version on youtube, just not official:

Do you know what mastering means? It doesn't mean that some random dude just puts mp3 files ripped from cd in Adobe Audition ect. and then just changes the volume up a notch.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Padme said:

It is still a waste of money. Those kind of billboards are very expensive. If it means an anouncement about a show in L.A. put a billboard just a few days before and not several months ahead of the event they mean to advertise. They could spend that money feeding people in Africa if they don't need it for themselves

Doesn't matter to them because they can just pass the cost on to us with the tickets lol