GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

There is an interesting opinion from Eddie Trunk about if Guns could record a new album, it's in YouTube, I kind of understand his point and I agree with him. It's like if they record new music would be a unique case in music history. This is the video:

Edited by RebecaCess
  • Like 1

On March 16, 2017 at 2:15 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

He is saying that saying stuff like Steven cant play is utter bollocks. People ASSUME this, there is no basis for it! Steven "is ruined". What..HOW? Steven NEVER failed to play well or failed a tour apart from things unrelated to drugs such as breaking his arm, even during the heroin days of the AFD tour and the drinking binge during the loaded 2011 opening tour he played very well, what the hell is there to say he can't do it? He NEVER could not play at a show, always did his part, no matter what. That rumour is just plain dumb and has no basis to even exist.

Now he is sober, plays great as always, even rehearsed himself to play not only UYI but also CD songs, and he played a longer GNR set than Guns did in Argentina (!) with a tribute band, over 3 hours, including stuff he never got to play from UYI. And there's still people doubting, because "drugs". Yeah no. He sure as fuck can do it, there is no bigger motivation in this world for him to do a whole tour than playing with these guys, no amount of free pussy or booze would be better for him than having this gig back. He wants, is able to, and should be there.

And Izzy can't just "bail". Everyone playing in this big a tour is legally bound in a contract to play until it expires. All the issues he had with the original band in 1991 like Axls random outbursts are gone now. The only issue now is the cash being made.

This is the best post I've seen posted here in a long time. I totally agree and see no reason why Steven couldn't play except for maybe axl and his bullshit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RockerRoller said:

This is the best post I've seen posted here in a long time. I totally agree and see no reason why Steven couldn't play except for maybe axl and his bullshit. 

I just finished reading Steven's mother book, it gave me a different perspective of the Steven's inconvenience for been on the action, he was an addict, been clean for 3 or 4 years isn't a signal he is not to get into drugs again, it's been 30 years fighting against drugs, since he was 10, every time he tried to come back he screwed up, he needs kind like a nanny to keep him off a dangerous environment that can make him go back to a get down (did you see the huge bar they have in the plane?) . I love Steven, now I love more to his mom, I can't  really spoil the book but contrary to anything we believed, Steven and Axl are more than in good terms, and now I think that someone is making to Steven (and his family)  a big favor not including him in this tour. (even that I think they could do some extra efforts to having him a little bit more in the big show without risks for his health, but maybe I'm asking to much) 

2 hours ago, RebecaCess said:

There is an interesting opinion from Eddie Trunk about if Guns could record a new album, it's in YouTube, I kind of understand his point and I agree with him. It's like if they record new music would be a unique case in music history. This is the video:

Harsh reality but completely agree!!

Would make no sense to record while they are such a big draw. 2-3 years they will need a new album unless they are happy with playing arenas and occasional festivals.

• Like 1

On 18.4.2017 at 7:50 PM, ruttu69 said:

Do you know what mastering means? It doesn't mean that some random dude just puts mp3 files ripped from cd in Adobe Audition ect. and then just changes the volume up a notch.

Did you even read the comments?

Respectful Remasters by Metalmucil

"Good ears. I actually discussed this a bit with a dude in one of the other comment threads. Its my fault. I had one of my crossovers for a multi-band compressor set too low, so the guitars were triggering it while the vocals took the hit. A little mid-side EQ would have fixed it, but I missed it. goose your high end a bit and they should come out more."

That guy knows what he's doing. That it's not official doesn't mean that the person who did it doesn't know shit. :)
Actually, his remasters are pretty good.

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think a lot of people would be happy if they downsized to Arenas...

Agree....I.am going to see them in the Alamodome this fall,  but if they keep touring I really would prefer to see them in a more intimate arena like in Kobe, Japan compared to a huge ass stadium. :shades:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think a lot of people would be happy if they downsized to Arenas...

I think at this point what would make people happy is a AFD line up reunion, set list changes, interviews/news and a new album. I will not buy tickets if they play arenas or The Roxy every day if all they bring is more of the same

37 minutes ago, Padme said:

I think at this point what would make people happy is a AFD line up reunion, set list changes, interviews/news and a new album. I will not buy tickets if they play arenas or The Roxy every day if all they bring is more of the same

So basically everything has to be changed and nothing is enjoyable lol??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

So basically everything has to be changed and nothing is enjoyable lol??

Why should I enjoy another U.S., RIR and South American tours with more of the same? If they go back to the same places they need to offer something different. 

9 hours ago, Padme said:

All that would be great but I'd be all over an arena tour..

33 minutes ago, RebecaCess said:

Now the official instagram of The Roxy posted an old Guns N' Roses flyer with the Appetite line up picture in the 80s and wrote "Can we go back?"

Reminds me of what happened prior to the Troubadour show with the Adler gig getting cancelled and all the speculation :nervous:

• Like 2

On 19. huhtikuuta 2017 at 4:19 PM, Zurimor said:

Did you even read the comments?

Respectful Remasters by Metalmucil

"Good ears. I actually discussed this a bit with a dude in one of the other comment threads. Its my fault. I had one of my crossovers for a multi-band compressor set too low, so the guitars were triggering it while the vocals took the hit. A little mid-side EQ would have fixed it, but I missed it. goose your high end a bit and they should come out more."

That guy knows what he's doing. That it's not official doesn't mean that the person who did it doesn't know shit. :)
Actually, his remasters are pretty good.

Well, you'll need original master tapes to do re-mastering. Separated tracks for all instruments, vocals etc.

These youtube fellows just uses some equalizer to pump up the low end up a notch etc.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ruttu69 said:

Well, you'll need original master tapes to do re-mastering. Separated tracks for all instruments, vocals etc.

These youtube fellows just uses some equalizer to pump up the low end up a notch etc.

Which is the same as any audio engineer does, just with original master tapes. I think you can still rightfully call it a remaster, since the progress is exactly the same. When you use the right software, you can assign a seperated track to each instrument, vocals, etc.

Just not a remaster of the master tape, that's all the difference.

Edited by Zurimor

22 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

All that would be great but I'd be all over an arena tour..

No offense, but why would you be all over an arena tour?

You think Frank's drumming will improve in a smaller setting miraculously?

You think Richard will tone down his annoying antics all of a sudden?

Will they have a smaller stage and no room for the smurfette

These have been your major complaints (and understandably so), what does an arena tour do to address any of those things?

Edited by tsinindy

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

No offense, but why would you be all over an arena tour?

You think Frank's drumming will improve in a smaller setting miraculously?

You think Richard will tone down his annoying antics all of a sudden?

Will they have a smaller stage and no room for the smurfette

These have been your major complaints (and understandably so), what does an arena tour do to address any of those things?

An arena tour would SOUND much better than a stadium for a start. Its slightly more intimate also. Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RebecaCess said:

Now the official instagram of The Roxy posted an old Guns N' Roses flyer with the Appetite line up picture in the 80s and wrote "Can we go back?"

Throwback thursday is a pretty common tag on instagram and considering the roxy posts a lot of GNR stuff I doubt that means anything. It's like the studio pic with slash everyone was freaking out about. It's just a way for companies to use the GNR hype for free advertising. :shrugs:

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:08 AM, Padme said:

It is still a waste of money. Those kind of billboards are very expensive. If it means an anouncement about a show in L.A. put a billboard just a few days before and not several months ahead of the event they mean to advertise. They could spend that money feeding people in Africa if they don't need it for themselves

oh please, how many people have you fed?