GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

2 hours ago, doakes said:

Bingo

Live Nation operates the Hollywood Palladium on Sunset aswell as The Wiltern Theatre.

Gn'R has history at both venues, but the Palladium has a higher capacity and is in the heart of Hollywood. 

I don't see them doing Troubadour twice...

Hollywood Palladium, sometime July 21st - 23rd

Not so fast.....LiveNation is the promoter for all GnR shows in the States.  So what venues they operate are irrelevant.

Can someone just fucking ask Fernando on Instagram why that god damn billboard is there and what is it promoting or advertising?  I don't use IG, I'm 47 years old lol

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Not so fast.....LiveNation is the promoter for all GnR shows in the States.  So what venues they operate are irrelevant.

Can someone just fucking ask Fernando on Instagram why that god damn billboard is there and what is it promoting or advertising?  I don't use IG, I'm 47 years old lol

I did. And you should give it a try, it has no age limit :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RebecaCess said:

According to Marc Canter in his book, he shows the voucher that shows the 37,500 dollars the 5 members received from Geffen in advance on a 1.6 million dollar six record contract. 

And? You don't think that was renegotiated in the last 30 plus years? My point was not even our GNR-insiders(TM)seem to know how many albums they owe the record company. 

Edited by Subtle Signs

52 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Fernando ain't spilling the  beans about major plans to random fans on IG. You can ask him until the cows come home and twice on Sunday (I'm old too)

Edited by Subtle Signs

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

And? You don't think that was renegotiated in the last 30 plus years? My point was not even our GNR-insiders(TM)seem to know how many albums they owe the record company. 

Pretty sure Axl said right here on this forum after CD was released that GnR were still under contract with Universal (who owns Geffen).

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

Fernando ain't spilling the  beans about major plans to random fans on IG. You can ask him until the cows come home and twice on Sunday (I'm old too)

Probably not, but if you don't ask he definitely won't (you know like you can't score if you don't shoot).

9 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Pretty sure Axl said right here on this forum after CD was released that GnR were still under contract with Universal (who owns Geffen).

Probably not, but if you don't ask he definitely won't (you know like you can't score if you don't shoot).

I am aware of what he said. We still don't know how many albums they owe whatever label they are on now. I guess I see no point in asking Fernando/Beta/Del/Jarmo things you know they can't or won't answer. But hey have at it. If it's an AFD anniversary show in LA,great ,good for those fans. I wouldn't go unless it was the AFD 5. They won't need me ,even if it's not it'll probably do great business.

13 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Nobody is asking Fernando to break news on his IG. People meant he should cut the crap and issue a proper statement regarding that billboard. The place to post the statement is the official GN'R website.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Whats the point of an anniversary show if it isnt the actual full band? 

In LA,they'll still do great business. They could have Axl,Slash and the blue man group up there as GNR and it'd do great. Maybe it is the full AFD band and they have huge plans for LA? Who knows. Fernando did tag GNR's booking agent in one of the comments so odds are it's a show (which is what most of us think anyway)

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

Nobody is asking Fernando to break news on his IG. People meant he should cut the crap and issue a proper statement regarding that billboard. The place to post the statement is the official GN'R website.

Are you aware of the logistics that go into a major show/tour? People gave Fernando shit on here for years. They went off about his "three hour meetings" or whatever the joke was a few years back. They will announce it when they are ready not sooner to please the few nerds (Us) that watch periscopes and analyze setlists.

In LA,they'll still do great business. They could have Axl,Slash and the blue man group up there as GNR and it'd do great. Maybe it is the full AFD band and they have huge plans for LA? Who knows. Fernando did tag GNR's booking agent in one of the comments so odds are it's a show (which is what most of us think anyway)

I think Otis' point was doing an anniversary show for album without the living members who created said album perform is disingenuous at best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I think Otis' point was doing an anniversary show for album without the living members who created said album perform is disingenuous at best.

Then don't go? The shows are for people who want to be there.  Of course the majority of the die hard fans want the AFD5 but no amount of posts/petitions etc is going to change anything . Vote with your wallet and stay home.

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

Then don't go? The shows are for people who want to be there.  Of course the majority of the die hard fans want the AFD5 but no amount of posts/petitions etc is going to change anything . Vote with your wallet and stay home.

Good god, it is truly incredible the lack of gray matter that gets used sometimes.   Jesus.

Yeah, itll do good business I just dont think ill try to go. If its a theater show I might but thats because of the venue size

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yup. Exactly. 

I already flew across the country to see them, so personally, I dont think this would interest me. If it was a small venue and I got a ticket, Id consider it because the novelty of seeing them in a small venue would be rare and cool. As for the AfD angle? Its my favorite album so Id like to hear the whole thing, of course, but its disingenuous without Steven and Izzy

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, itll do good business I just dont think ill try to go. If its a theater show I might but thats because of the venue size

A theater AFD 5 show? I'm there! Well,there'd be a fight to get on the Nightrain if that were announced. 

7 minutes ago, Muddy said:

On the billboard post by Fernando someone that seems connected to the band commented something to the effect of "Beauty and the beast , mystery solved in 2 days ,  GNRdisney . So maybe some info is gonna be released in 2 days ?

He's not connected, that appears to be a fan.

5 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Are you aware of the logistics that go into a major show/tour? People gave Fernando shit on here for years. They went off about his "three hour meetings" or whatever the joke was a few years back. They will announce it when they are ready not sooner to please the few nerds (Us) that watch periscopes and analyze setlists.

Are you aware that the billboard has been there for 2 months already?  We are tired of the lack of interviews and news about anything. If they don't have things ready then they shouldn't bother with teasing and mystery

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

Are you aware that the billboard has been there for 2 months already?  We are tired of the lack of interviews and news about anything. If they don't have things ready then they shouldn't bother with teasing and mystery

Who is forcing you to sit around and wait for the news? It's just a band man. Granted it's my favorite band and one I've flown around the world to see but they aren't paying your wages or anything. Do things that make you happy in the meantime and when they have something to announce they will.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Good god, it is truly incredible the lack of gray matter that gets used sometimes.   Jesus.

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

Who is forcing you to sit around and wait for the news? It's just a band man. Granted it's my favorite band and one I've flown around the world to see but they aren't paying your wages or anything. Do things that make you happy in the meantime and when they have something to announce they will.

10 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Are you serious? All the do is to post stupid things in their social media. Is it too hard to tell fans if there is a new album in the future? is it too hard to tell fans if Axl is going to make an album with AC/DC? Is it that hard to confirm or deny rumors? It is not about what makes me happy. It is about proper communication with fans. All the teasing and mystery makes no sense. As you said it's a rock band not the C.I.A.

• Like 3