GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

8 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Metallica also have avenged sevenfold and voltbeat opening. Both of those bands especially a7, can move quite a bit of tickets themselves. Let's remember too that this is guns 2nd leg of stadium shows in the states. 

That's a fair point, I think Iggy Pop was the opener in Mexico as well.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Eat away.....same venue, Foro Sol in Mexico City....GnR played two nights (maybe sold out both, not really sure)....metallica played and sold out three.  Upcoming summer US Stadium tour, Metallica is virtually sold out, GnR not so much.  Have a good day brah.

First Metallica US run in nearly 8 years, Avenged Sevenfold as the main support act, as well as cheaper ticket prices. That's a competitive sell when it's up against a reunited GN'R doing their second US run in just a years time, not to mention with no opener announced yet. Also, the three shows I'm attending (Baltimore, Philly, NJ) aren't completely sold out (2/3 still have GA floor available) whereas GN'R sold out the same areas last year (NJ twice, actually).

6 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

First Metallica US run in nearly 8 years, Avenged Sevenfold as the main support act, as well as cheaper ticket prices. That's a competitive sell when it's up against a reunited GN'R doing their second US run in just a years time, not to mention with no opener announced yet. Also, the three shows I'm attending (Baltimore, Philly, NJ) aren't completely sold out (2/3 still have GA floor available) whereas GN'R sold out the same areas last year (NJ twice, actually).

GNR made 4 shows in Mexico 2 april and 2 november 2016

29 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Absolutely. Just checked on Ticketmaster and there are a lot of seats left for Metallica for most of there shows, along with cheaper ticket prices, as you stated. Didn't they just recently release a new album? If so, that should help ticket sells for them.

On 4/27/2017 at 8:06 PM, tsinindy said:

Eat away.....same venue, Foro Sol in Mexico City....GnR played two nights (maybe sold out both, not really sure)....metallica played and sold out three.  Upcoming summer US Stadium tour, Metallica is virtually sold out, GnR not so much.  Have a good day brah.

Metallica's tour is much more reasonably priced, though. Both bands could learn from U2 by offering 70$ GA tickets.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fight between the corporate greatest hits acts. Who sells the most overpriced tickets? Who has the best business model? Thus and therefore rock n' roll died. 

Rock N' Roll is music. Music doesn't die.  And commererce and art have always been intertwined, so equatating make cash to the death of rock n' roll is silly.

Edited by The Holographic Universe
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Fight between the corporate greatest hits acts. Who sells the most overpriced tickets? Who has the best business model? Thus and therefore rock n' roll died. 

Same thing as a cash grab, right?

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:01 AM, AlexC said:

Doesn't mean anything. Even if Izzy and Steven join them on stage for AfD30 this will have nothing to do with it.

No but, I do find it interesting that not much has come out of this thread yet. I mean, we're all having a great time discussing what this billboard could mean but idk, if it was just a gig f the current lineup in LA, wouldn't they just have announced it by now? Or are they waiting for the tour to sell more....or...?

I'd like to think they're trying to do something in LA in July to celebrate AFD30 and they want to involve all 5 guys, even if its just a one off. It would make sense to me that nthings been announced because not everyone is on board yet..

On 4/27/2017 at 8:06 PM, tsinindy said:

Didnt Guns come back and do 2 more shows after those in a 25k seater? We all know Metallica is a huge band and has a ton going for them on this tour...new album (not good imo), first US tour in 8 years, big named opening acts, cheaper prices, ect.  This is why they are doing stadiums as opposed to the arenas they usually do. Their shows will be packed, I'm sure, but they are not all virtually sold out. There are GA tix available for the majority of them, including here in Chicago. Guns are playing smaller cities that they didn't hit last year. They may not be sold out now, but I'm sure they'll be full come show time.

30 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

No but, I do find it interesting that not much has come out of this thread yet. I mean, we're all having a great time discussing what this billboard could mean but idk, if it was just a gig f the current lineup in LA, wouldn't they just have announced it by now? Or are they waiting for the tour to sell more....or...?

I'd like to think they're trying to do something in LA in July to celebrate AFD30 and they want to involve all 5 guys, even if its just a one off. It would make sense to me that nthings been announced because not everyone is on board yet..

What about the same argument Axl used for not showing up at the hall of fame, that it would be detrimental to the current line ups work? It still applies to the current situation. I don't see the AFD reunion happening in the middle of this tour

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What about the same argument Axl used for not showing up at the hall of fame, that it would be detrimental to the current line ups work? It still applies to the current situation. I don't see the AFD reunion happening in the middle of this tour

No but he has tried to get Izzy and Steven to both guest on the current tour, as guests. I mean, if he can get on stage with Slash then anything is possible. And that already happened so... I'm not saying that makes it more likely but, idk anything to me is possible with this band. Bringing Slash back alone pretty much buried Nu-GNR as it is so..

Edited by Billsfan

12 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

No but he has tried to get Izzy and Steven to both guest on the current tour, as guests. I mean, if he can get on stage with Slash then anything is possible. And that already happened so... I'm not saying that makes it more likely but, idk anything to me is possible with this band. Bringing Slash back alone pretty much buried Nu-GNR as it is so..

There are still 3 (4 if you count Dizzy) aliens in this band, and 2 of them occupy Izzys and Stevens spots. Many times I watched a show last year Axl often mentioned that Fortus been there for 15 years and comments like that, as a way to push Frank and Fortus onto the fans and show how they should be on this tour and not Izzy or Steven or Matt. IMO he will never do a full show with either of the classic guys unless Fortus and Frank resign by themselves

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

26 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Didnt Guns come back and do 2 more shows after those in a 25k seater? We all know Metallica is a huge band and has a ton going for them on this tour...new album (not good imo), first US tour in 8 years, big named opening acts, cheaper prices, ect.  This is why they are doing stadiums as opposed to the arenas they usually do. Their shows will be packed, I'm sure, but they are not all virtually sold out. There are GA tix available for the majority of them, including here in Chicago. Guns are playing smaller cities that they didn't hit last year. They may not be sold out now, but I'm sure they'll be full come show time.

Yes,no true that GNR made 2 shows  in MEXICo,was 4 in april 2 and  2 in november

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

There are still 3 (4 if you count Dizzy) aliens in this band, and 2 of them occupy Izzys and Stevens spots. Many times I watched a show last year Axl often mentioned that Fortus been there for 15 years and comments like that, as a way to push Frank and Fortus onto the fans and show how they should be on this tour and not Izzy or Steven or Matt. IMO he will never do a full show with either of the classic guys unless Fortus and Frank resign by themselves

I perescoped plenty of shows. I will agree about Izzy/Fortus. I do think if Fortus had quit when Ashba did, there's a better chance Izzy would be there. I don't think that about Adler though, I think he's too risky still and I do think he should be involved but if Frank quit, who knows. Call Sorum? Maybe call Freese? I don't count Dizzy as an "alien" as he was a part of that 85-93 era band that we all knew and loved but, I do think the second keyboard player would have happened no matter what. Axl likes as many people on stage as possible to cover up any potential mistakes..

31 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I don't count Dizzy as an "alien" as he was a part of that 85-93 era band that we all knew and loved but, I do think the second keyboard player would have happened no matter what. Axl likes as many people on stage as possible to cover up any potential mistakes..

Well, at the time they had Zig Zag and i'm pretty sure he would've been promoted to a official bandmate had they stayed together. 

15 minutes ago, default_ said:

Well, at the time they had Zig Zag and i'm pretty sure he would've been promoted to a official bandmate had they stayed together. 

I would agree with that... hell, he was in how many music videos with the band even? NR, yesterdays, Estranged, even garden of eden just head banging in the background with Dizzy.

• 2 weeks later...

could it be that GNR will play Los Angeles sometime the week of Sept 11-16?  

With the last currently scheduled US show in San Antonio, TX on Sept 8, a couple of California shows would make sense before a few days off/travel to Brazil for the show on Sept 23rd.  just speculation, but it would be so great if it were to happen! 

On 5/1/2017 at 8:35 PM, default_ said:

Doubtful. They did a whole tour without him before they broke up.

• Like 1