GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

Gonna be honest, I'm not sure that I'd pay the big bucks for another stadium show just yet without a full AFD reunion or big setlist switch. Make it an arena show? All in baby. Hoping both Newark and NYC get shows so tickets will be a bit cheaper :)

6 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

The only time I want the band to do AFD the whole way through is when the day comes that they all say "Fuck it" and pull out all the stops and play every song they've ever done during one show.

And even then you'd still manage to bitch about them playing Think About You :lol:

Another possibility is a 30th anniversary re-release of Appetite. I wouldn't mind seeing the album remastered and re-released with some bonus tracks or a live show from the era or something. One of those 2 disc deluxe editions that come in a digipack gatefold, would be cool.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

And even then you'd still manage to bitch about them playing Think About You :lol:

Another possibility is a 30th anniversary re-release of Appetite. I wouldn't mind seeing the album remastered and re-released with some bonus tracks or a live show from the era or something. One of those 2 disc deluxe editions that come in a digipack gatefold, would be cool.

I wouldn't mind seeing the album remastered however in the hands of an engineer who will make sure it isn't overly compressed. Although I am quite curious how much better Appetite has the potential to sound, the regular CD issue in my opinion is better than even the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab mastering 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Note I didn't say remixed, only remastered. Any current CD pressings are woefully outdated. 

Nah, the album sounds perfect as is. If they re-release it, they should throw it in a box set or deluxe digipak or something with the banned cover and alt. versions/demos/live songs, but don't fuck with the regular CD.

• Like 1

The only remaster thing I'd be interested in is if they also included better quality versions of the 2 outtake covers they did for AFD as bonus tracks. Just the album again there's no need for it, chances are it will just sound worse when I look at some of these remaster jobs of 80s albums

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 minute ago, Fansince88 said:

I wanted to exchange tickets to a concert last year and was able to do so.   I'd recommend calling Customer Service directly instead of trying to work it out online yourself.  That is what worked best for me.  

Nobody can get an exchange right now because at this point we don't if the bilboard means that we will have an L.A. show

11 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

This billboard has been up for a few weeks now. Hopefully it means we're getting some kind of show on this leg as it will save me a trip to Washington.

Can we talk about this?  Are you sure it's been up for "a few weeks"?

i also want to point out this billboard is different than the ones previously used that included a phrase like "patience" or "welcome to the jungle".

so that has to be significant in some way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Can we talk about this?  Are you sure it's been up for "a few weeks"?

i also want to point out this billboard is different than the ones previously used that included a phrase like "patience" or "welcome to the jungle".

so that has to be significant in some way.

I don't know for how long that bilboard has been up. Why L.A. only? Assuming it's been up there for a few weeks. If it is about an album. Shouldn't we have seen billboards all over the world or at least in some other places? 

• Like 1

The only reason they should release a remaster is if they still have the original unprocessed takes of everything and remastered it without all of the 80s drum echo. And maybe keep the rhythm guitar levels more consistent so that they don't lower during the guitar solos.

Also would be nice to have a version of Paradise City with out the double tracked vocals so we can really hear Axl's voice shine like in the Resident Evil Trailer

Edited by Mendez

58 minutes ago, Mendez said:

The only reason they should release a remaster is if they still have the original unprocessed takes of everything and remastered it without all of the 80s drum echo. And maybe keep the rhythm guitar levels more consistent so that they don't lower during the guitar solos.

Also would be nice to have a version of Paradise City with out the double tracked vocals so we can really hear Axl's voice shine like in the Resident Evil Trailer

So you're talking about remixing from the multi tracks. You can't remove an effect such as reverb simply by fiddling with the EQ.

I agree though. The dry mix Brownstone is nice to have.