GN'R Logo Billboard Spotted In LA

41 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Where's @Eddie Money he sometimes has answers for these things? 

He has already said fall arena tour in the works )was quoted earlier in this thread).  I think he passes on what he knows and feels ok passing on and got a bit neutered last summer for giving out too much info.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Can we talk about this?  Are you sure it's been up for "a few weeks"?

i also want to point out this billboard is different than the ones previously used that included a phrase like "patience" or "welcome to the jungle".

so that has to be significant in some way.

So, to answer my own question (since i am impatient), the original instagram account that posted the photo of the board said, "this billboard JUST cropped up".

While that isn't very direct it tends to indicate that someone familiar with the area who is a guns fan spotted the board, took the pic and posted to IG.  While that doesn't mean it hasn't been up for a few weeks, I just find it hard to believe a GnR billboard on Sunset BLVD has been up for a few weeks without much notice.  

1 hour ago, EvH said:

So you're talking about remixing from the multi tracks. You can't remove an effect such as reverb simply by fiddling with the EQ.

I agree though. The dry mix Brownstone is nice to have.

No I mean from the original tapes if they were recorded dry (and that they saved them). Thats assuming that they were recorded without going through a reverb processor first before into the tape recorder. I wouldnt fiddle with the EQ, everything sounds great as it is. I just would prefer a dry mix, with less vocal doubling.

Edited by Mendez

12 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

They need to be remastered. The gnr songs come off flat when listening to compared to other songs on the same settings in my car. They could add some volume here and there 

Please, no.

This is always the case with older albums. They get some botched-ass remaster job and some are ecstatic that it's louder and all that crap. But then they end up realizing that the remaster completely fucks up the dynamics of the original recording. Unless it's done with care, which remasters typically aren't. Then people buying AFD for the first time will end up buying this piece of shit remaster from 2017 because the original master is now obsolete and off the shelves forever.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

He has already said fall arena tour in the works )was quoted earlier in this thread).  I think he passes on what he knows and feels ok passing on and got a bit neutered last summer for giving out too much info.

Aw I see I must have missed that! Well the arena tour sounds awesome if true 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

So, to answer my own question (since i am impatient), the original instagram account that posted the photo of the board said, "this billboard JUST cropped up".

While that isn't very direct it tends to indicate that someone familiar with the area who is a guns fan spotted the board, took the pic and posted to IG.  While that doesn't mean it hasn't been up for a few weeks, I just find it hard to believe a GnR billboard on Sunset BLVD has been up for a few weeks without much notice.  

The date on the picture is from a day ago. That's when the picture was taken. We don't know how often the guy drives on Sunset Blvd. Assuming he drives around Sunset everyday, then then billboard is something new.

P.S. Just a little Patience ;)

49 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Wait! It seems the billboard has been up for 2 weeks at least. Check the date of the post. It's a guy saying that a friend of him saw the billboard.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=68002.0

• Like 1

On 02/02/2017 at 11:15 AM, Wagszilla said:

I hope they re-release AFD

With the same packaging

The same booklet

The same disc art

But it's actually the 1999 re-recorded version of the album.

Sharon Osbourne style!

• Like 1

Is it my or do the billboard colors remind you of this promo single from Brazil:

12SoBraPro-650x486.jpg

From what I have been told I think the actual billboard is closer to green but the pic posted make sit look yellow.  Not saying the ad has anything to do with UYI2, So Fine, Brazil, records, promo singles, or anything else.  Just thought it was a pretty cool coincidence.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, troccoli said:

Is it my or do the billboard colors remind you of this promo single from Brazil:

12SoBraPro-650x486.jpg

From what I have been told I think the actual billboard is closer to green but the pic posted make sit look yellow.  Not saying the ad has anything to do with UYI2, So Fine, Brazil, records, promo singles, or anything else.  Just thought it was a pretty cool coincidence.

Good call and I want to point out too that "bleeding" logo style was never used until the Illision records tour timeframe.  So, I find it hard to believe this has anything to do AFD directly in any way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Good call and I want to point out too that "bleeding" logo style was never used until the Illision records tour timeframe.  So, I find it hard to believe this has anything to do AFD directly in any way.

Golby Clurk and Fat Scrotum confirmed?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Then it's the remixed and remastered release of the UYI. All the songs are going to sound like My World :lol:

• Like 1