Who is the biggest band in the world?

SunnyDRE

11 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

The question wasn't what's the best band around though. The question was what's the biggest band currently and Coldplay is at least the most streamed band out there right now, like it or not.

The Stones are still the biggest band in the world.... and the best.

On 04/02/2017 at 6:50 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

Do The Stones play songs off those albums live? Have you seen my baby is the only song I remember off Voodoo Lounge and I liked that song.

It's called Anybody Seen My Baby and isn't on Voodoo Lounge. but carry on. :D

On 2/4/2017 at 1:50 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

Do The Stones play songs off those albums live? Have you seen my baby is the only song I remember off Voodoo Lounge and I liked that song.

When they did the Voodoo Lounge tour, they did 5 or 6 songs from the album, I remember Keith performing The Worst. Thru and Thru came later when The Sopranos made it popular and they did the HBO special. 

On 21/04/2017 at 9:37 PM, moreblack said:

Who's playing the bigger stadium crowds right now?

khm...

"Metallica with a $9.7 million gross from a three-show stint at Mexico City’s Foro Sol stadium. With sellout crowds present on March 1, 3 and 5, the veteran metal band logged an overall attendance total of 197,745, the highest sold ticket count ever reported for a solo headliner at the venue, based on Boxscores reported to Billboard since 1990. The event tops Coldplay’s three-show attendance record set last year by 2,553 tickets."

On 22/04/2017 at 5:47 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

It's U2. There is no debate.

If U2 and The Rolling Stones were sharing the same bill, U2 would be the opening band. The Stones are the biggest headliner so consequently the biggest band right now.

Edited by Silent Jay

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I see Metallica are playing the United Kingdom. How much is it for their tickets out of interest? Bet you need a second mortgage?

well, general tickets for O2 are sold out (just as are most of Euro dates) - it's original price was pretty low (for todays standards) - their original price range of £50-£85 but viagogo and other places like that are selling them for cca £200 now...

there are few tickets for Bologna - 92€ per ticket ...

Seems better deal than for a tribute band :D

I think The Rolling Stones because they are still around and tour too and put out new music.

Even if they separate for a bit many of the members do their own thing.

I would say also Iron Maiden. They still have tons of fans who now bring their kids and grandkids to their shows today.

KISS too even if it's in their own minds! lol