The Oscars 2017 [Nominations]

Nosaj Thing

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

No I laughed at the fact you ignored the facts in my post and came back with unsupported drivel.   Back on ignore bozo.

Bozo?!? :lol:  Ooooooooooooh!

And what, your one comment about Pulp Fiction in relation to Forrest Gump and ignoring the rest of the entire history of the Oscars?  

5 minutes ago, maynard said:

It will be a major african american dick sucking fest this year because victimized will smith and [insert pathetic white celebrity here] complained about no blacks last year. It's painfully obvious that's what will happen.

Wow...Super racist

:awesomeface:

On 2/6/2017 at 11:43 PM, PappyTron said:

Denzel is always amazing at playing Denzel; really brings depth to the Denzel role.

:lol:

35 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I wonder if any of these celebrities will use this Oscar platform to denounce one of their own nominees, Casey Affleck's, treatment of women. :shrugs: Probably not.

Casey Affleck disappointed me. i always thought he was the better Affleck brother before the crap hit the fan :facepalm:

On 2/6/2017 at 5:16 AM, DieselDaisy said:

'Denzel Washington acting'. I tried to describe his acting style to a friend once and we both summarised that it can only be described as 'Denzel Washington acting'.

Explains how he won for Training Day since before that, Denzel was not as scary to white people.

On 05/02/2017 at 10:00 PM, AxlisOld said:

How is it ignorant? People made a big stink that the Oscars didn't nominate enough black people last year, and this year, they just "happen" to nominate the most black people in like 30 years. The only ignorant people are the ones who think last year's crybabies didn't affect this year's nominations at all.

Not to mention that last year there just weren't a whole lot of Oscar worthy performances by black actors(tresses). Then this year there were a few clear Oscar baity movies with mostly black casts. But yeah, I must be an ignorant racist because notice obvious crap.

The brouhaha last year was embarrassingly misdirected and there was a lack of deserving nominees. This year there are multiple highly deserving nominees of color. It's just how it's worked out.

And Viola will win because she's peerless in her category. Her only legitimate completion is Naomie Harris. 

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelica said:

The brouhaha last year was embarrassingly misdirected and there was a lack of deserving nominees. This year there are multiple highly deserving nominees of color. It's just how it's worked out.

And Viola will win because she's peerless in her category. Her only legitimate completion is Naomie Harris. 

It is how it worked out. However because of their baseless bitching last year, it now takes away from the accomplishments of the deserving actors this year. But keep crying, Jada, maybe it'll get your husband a nomination. Keep crying, Spike, maybe you'll be relevant again.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

It is how it worked out. However because of their baseless bitching last year, it now takes away from the accomplishments of the deserving actors this year. But keep crying, Jada, maybe it'll get your husband a nomination. Keep crying, Spike, maybe you'll be relevant again.

"their"?  What is it them against you?  lol

Oh and it goes without saying Spike Lee is more relevant than you'll ever be bozo.  

Edited by tsinindy

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i do too despite the fall out...

Yes, I agree, I hope the allegations aren't true.  But, regardless Casey Affleck the human being may be the most vile scumbag on the planet, that has nothing to do with his performance in a particular film.   

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

"their"?  What is it them against you?  lol

Oh and it goes without saying Spike Lee is more relevant than you'll ever be bozo.  

"Their" as in, "the bitching belonging to those that bitched." Vocabulary not your strong suit?

46 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yes, I agree, I hope the allegations aren't true.  But, regardless Casey Affleck the human being may be the most vile scumbag on the planet, that has nothing to do with his performance in a particular film.   

I just think it would be grossly hypocritical of some of those actors to potentially give him a standing ovation for an Oscar, knowing the allegations against him, and not say a word, while a couple of weeks ago they were using every opportunity to vocally protest against Trump for having the same type of allegations against him.  If you are protesting misogyny and ill treatment of women, shouldn't you protest whenever you see it? Or just when there is a bandwagon.

That is my little rant for the night.

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I just think it would be grossly hypocritical of some of those actors to potentially give him a standing ovation for an Oscar, knowing the allegations against him, and not say a word, while a couple of weeks ago they were using every opportunity to vocally protest against Trump for having the same type of allegations against him.  If you are protesting misogyny and ill treatment of women, shouldn't you protest whenever you see it? Or just when there is a bandwagon.

Very valid points, but I don't think anyone is protesting JUST Trump's treatment of women, there's a lot more to it than that.  But, I agree with your general sentiment.  

31 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

just when there is a bandwagon cos it's effing "safe" them. i back your little rant 100% :D

• Like 1