Moonlight

===========================

WRITING (ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY)

Hell or High Water
La La Land
The Lobster
Manchester by the Sea
20th Century Women

Thanks for making the thread; I never got around to doing so, obviously.

I always make it a priority to see all of the Best Picture nominations, as well as the films actors and actresses have been nominated "Best" for.

I still have yet to see Hacksaw Ridge and Lion as far as the Best Picture films go, and a few of the actor/actress nominations.

6 hours ago, maynard said:

Political Correctness will certainly give the Oscars to Viola Davis, Denzel, etc... Other actors don't even stand a chance. But I'll watch the ceremony, it's fun for a Sunday night.

Viola maybe, but she's fairly deserving.   Denzel maybe, but that's really only between him and Casey Affleck and I'm going with Casey as Denzel has won before when he probably really shouldn't have.  

There's more to the Oscars than these two categories anyway.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Love Dev Patel, but I don't see Mahershala Ali not winning this category and if he doesn't, Michael Shannon should win as he was brilliant in Nocturnal Animals.

i really need to go see movies in theaters again, have not been in ages. i saw one nominated film from the Oscar noms in like 2015 i think but it was only because it happened to be on a cable channel i had. it's just they seem to be such a ripoff i hold out on principle! :P

7 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Comments like these are honestly...ignorant.  

How is it ignorant? People made a big stink that the Oscars didn't nominate enough black people last year, and this year, they just "happen" to nominate the most black people in like 30 years. The only ignorant people are the ones who think last year's crybabies didn't affect this year's nominations at all.

Not to mention that last year there just weren't a whole lot of Oscar worthy performances by black actors(tresses). Then this year there were a few clear Oscar baity movies with mostly black casts. But yeah, I must be an ignorant racist because notice obvious crap.

Edited by AxlisOld
  • Like 3

On 03/02/2017 at 10:43 AM, maynard said:

Political Correctness will certainly give the Oscars to Viola Davis, Denzel, etc... Other actors don't even stand a chance. But I'll watch the ceremony, it's fun for a Sunday night.

Denzel is always amazing at playing Denzel; really brings depth to the Denzel role.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Denzel is always amazing at playing Denzel; really brings depth to the Denzel role.

'Denzel Washington acting'. I tried to describe his acting style to a friend once and we both summarised that it can only be described as 'Denzel Washington acting'.

What i wanna know is why is political correctness only an issue when race is involved?  The Oscars have ALWAYS been politically correct, its why the feel good American movie always wins out over other films that might be incredibly superior.  I mean Forrest Gump doing Pulp Fiction across the board and shit like that.

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Truth hurts doesn't it?

Apparently it does for you.    Have you seen these films and made your own judgements or just being a sheep and regurgitating what other people say?

This goes for you too @AxlisOld Since you started spewing ignorance and you too @DieselDaisy since you apparently liked their comments.

Edited by tsinindy

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What i wanna know is why is political correctness only an issue when race is involved?  The Oscars have ALWAYS been politically correct, its why the feel good American movie always wins out over other films that might be incredibly superior.  I mean Forrest Gump doing Pulp Fiction across the board and shit like that.

The thing is, the example you are mentioning isn't an issue of political correctness, it's an issue of Hollywood politics.  Those are two different things entirely.

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Explain?

Sure, if the people that were involved with Forrest (specifically Hanks, Zemeckis and Tisch) had actually been the ones involved with Pulp and the ones involved with Pulp (primarily Tarantino) had been involved with Forrest and the movies themselves were exactly the same, then Pulp would have won.  At the time the majority of Hollywoods old guard despised Tarantino and were actually envious of his success and didn't feel he had "paid his dues" and he legitimately is kind of a dick.  At any rate, that same "old guard" is who votes on the oscars.  QT was never going to win that year.

To prove my point further how far up Hollywoods ass Hanks, Zemeckis and Tish are, this same year Shawshank Redemption was nominated in several categories as well.  Shawshank is generally considered the greatest film of all time by most (with some arguements made to The Godfather).

so FG didn't win bc it was a more palatable film, it would bc of who was involved in the project itself compared to its competition (that's Hollywood politics).  There are dozens more example of this throughout time (hell every time Scoercese got nominated to be honest).

Edited by tsinindy

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Sure, if the people that were involved with Forrest (specifically Hanks, Zemeckis and Tisch) had actually been the ones involved with Pulp and the ones involved with Pulp (primarily Tarantino) had been involved with Forrest and the movies themselves were exactly the same, then Pulp would have won.  At the time the majority of Hollywoods old guard despised Tarantino and were actually envious of his success and didn't feel he had "paid his dues" and he legitimately is kind of a dick.  At any rate, that same "old guard" is who votes on the oscars.  QT was never going to win that year.

To prove my point further how far up Hollywoods ass Hanks, Zemeckis and Tish are, this same year Shawshank Redemption was nominated in several categories as well and only Morgan Freeman won (another of Hollywoods old guard at the time).  Shawshank is generally considered the greatest film of all time by most (with some arguements made to The Godfather).

so FG didn't win bc it was a more palatable film, it would bc of who was involved in the project itself compared to its competition (that's Hollywood politics).  There are dozens more example of this throughout time (hell every time Scoercese got nominated to be honest).

Its a known fact that films with a certain type of message win out in Hollywood, that aint politics, thats political correctness.

Also, you cant be insinuating people are racists for pointing out the glaringly obvious, last year theres a big to do about black folks not getting represented this time round theres black nominees.  Its not really ignorant or racist to point out the bleeding obvious.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Its a known fact that films with a certain type of message win out in Hollywood, that aint politics, thats political correctness.

Also, you cant be insinuating people are racists for pointing out the glaringly obvious, last year theres a big to do about black folks not getting represented this time round theres black nominees.  Its not really ignorant or racist to point out the bleeding obvious.

oh my....ok have a nice day.