Prayers for Bowling Green

Dan H.

40 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Must be a really slow news day. I'm not sure whether she made a slip of the tongue, a conflation, a confabulation or simply didn't check her facts, but the way that people flock to Twitter, whooping it up is sad. Honestly, people have become these bug eyed loons, tethered to their Twitter, Facebook and Reddit feeds, and everything that they read about, experience, or feel has to be regurgitated like some avian pap to feed the masses who regurgitate it again in kind.

This one I'm sure was just a mistake. A gaff in the vein of binders full of women.

I haven't seen a lot of people taking it overly seriously, but I'm sure there are people out there who are. I think Kellyanne's reputation is giving it more traction as an "Oh God here we go again" narrative.

Edited by Dan H.

44 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Must be a really slow news day. I'm not sure whether she made a slip of the tongue, a conflation, a confabulation or simply didn't check her facts, but the way that people flock to Twitter, whooping it up is sad. Honestly, people have become these bug eyed loons, tethered to their Twitter, Facebook and Reddit feeds, and everything that they read about, experience, or feel has to be regurgitated like some avian pap to feed the masses who regurgitate it again in kind.

It's not like you to pass up an oppertunity to rip the fuckin' shit out of someone :lol:

40 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

This one I'm sure was just a mistake. A gaff in the vein of binders full of women.

I haven't seen a lot of people taking it overly seriously, but I'm sure there are people out there who are. I think Kellyanne's reputation is giving it more traction as an "Oh God here we go again" narrative.

It not really the serious vs not serious dialectic, so much as the fact that in today's world every little everything has people feeling the need to share their opinions on it. Nothing is personal or private, served up at the dinner table between friends, but must be shared with the world, whether the world wants it to be shared or not. Sorry, sounding like DieselDaisy here. :lol:

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

She'll not let your Taliban sort anywhere near her one suspects. I think she'd go for chisel jawed all American Jock types with names like Trent.

Yeah true, she'll clock the smell of coriander from 50 yards out, give security the eye and a bunch of burly buzzcutted yanks in ill-fitting garb will have dragged me away to an undisclosed location for waterboarding quicker than you can say Islamic State :lol:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

It not really the serious vs not serious dialectic, so much as the fact that in today's world every little everything has people feeling the need to share their opinions on it. Nothing is personal or private, served up at the dinner table between friends, but must be shared with the world, whether the world wants it to be shared or not. Sorry, sounding like DieselDaisy here. :lol:

Yeah, I feel that. Would you say that you feel like that is a bad thing, or something we all just need to adjust with

1 minute ago, Dan H. said:

Yeah, I feel that. Would you say that you feel like that is a bad thing, or something we all just need to adjust with

Generally, I don't see it as a good thing. It's good that people have a voice and a platform to share things, but invariably the urge to share virtually everything takes over. Mass media also promotes the idea that everybody's opinion is equally valid, especially if you voice that opinion in the loudest or brashest form possible, and the whole thing becomes vacuous where many words are shared, but no real information exchange takes place.

• Like 1

The View was talking about this today.

Jason (from the American Pie) movies even made a ribbon for it.

But a real terrorist attack happened today in Paris outside the Louve museum. Luckily, the police took the crazy bastard down before anyone was hurt.

We can never stop all the crazies in the world. This time no one was hurt except the attacker. We can be thankful for that.

4 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

El perro, el perro, es mi corazón

El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno

Cilantro es cantante, Cilantro es muy famoso

Cilantro es el hombre con el queso del diablo

The dog the dog is my heart

the something the something is good

coriander is....content? :lol:. Coriander is very famous

coriander is the...white mans quest for the devil?

:lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The dog, the dog is my heart

The cat, the cat, the cat is not good

Coriander is a singer, Coriander is very famous

Coriander is the man with the Devil's cheese...

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I couldn't ask for another. No no, I couldn't ask for another The dog is in my heaaart :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

i like your version  Len! :lol:

57 minutes ago, Graeme said:

The dog, the dog is my heart

The cat, the cat, the cat is not good

Coriander is a singer, Coriander is very famous

Coriander is the man with the Devil's cheese...

what's with the cat hate?? :P