Slash Live Stream - Estranged (Auckland Rehearsal 2017)

How much better would the past 30 years been as a fan of this band if Axl actually bothered to show up at soundchecks on a regular basis?

1) Overall cohesion of the band would have been better as it would have been a 5 man operation, as opposed to the 4+1 group that it became

2) Technical problems like Axl's monitors not working could have been solved then, instead of him storming off during a concert

3) Getting him to the venue earlier during the day of a show would have greatly reduced the 3 hour wait for showtime nonsense

4) We might have received more than just one album over the past 25 years.  Many bands work out new material during soundcheck...collaboration would have been better with the lead singer there

• Like 3

On 4.2.2017 at 10:16 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's impressive but can he play Smoke On The Water?

I don't know why but i actually laughed. What's the point with Smoke On The Water?

I'm a guitar play by myself. I started guitar in 2010 and learned songs from Guns N' Roses and many other classic rock songs (but not Smoke On The Water). I never learned Smoke On The Water, my first song on guitar was Knockin' On Heaven's Door because it was good for beginners. I laughed because, many people or friends want to hear me playing Smoke On The Water after i played stuff like WTTJ or SCOM. WTF? . I learned new friends last year in summer, i played good stuff on my guitar but after that, they want Smoke On The Water. Really why is Smoke On The Water so special? For me the song is boring... Same with Nothin Else Matters.. many girls want to hear that. but SOTW is extreme

Sorry for Off-Topic

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I don't know why but i actually laughed. What's the point with Smoke On The Water?

I'm a guitar play by myself. I started guitar in 2010 and learned songs from Guns N' Roses and many other classic rock songs (but not Smoke On The Water). I never learned Smoke On The Water, my first song on guitar was Knockin' On Heaven's Door because it was good for beginners. I laughed because, many people or friends want to hear me playing Smoke On The Water after i played stuff like WTTJ or SCOM. WTF? . I learned new friends last year in summer, i played good stuff on my guitar but after that, they want Smoke On The Water. Really why is Smoke On The Water so special? For me the song is boring... Same with Nothin Else Matters.. many girls want to hear that. but SOTW is extreme

Sorry for Off-Topic

Lol, it's an old joke because one of the first songs many people learn is Smoke, the riff is very beginner friendly. And I think people who aren't into rock music just know old hit songs and Smoke might be the first thing that comes to mind when they think of guitar

• Like 1