Three songs that prove that Prince was the baddest mofo of the nineties!!!

Towelie

48 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Prince can sing, rap, play guitar and piano to a virtuosic level, plays the drums and bass and is one of the most acclaimed songwriters of the last 50 years.

2 Pac can rap.

I don't care if he can spin plates and morph into a lizard, he still ain't got shit on Tupac.  And Tupac didn't just rap, he could also act and was heavily involved in the production of his albums.  He also died by the age of 25 so got a lot less done.  But all this is by the by, Tupac is by far the premier icon of the 90s, over and above just about everyone else with the possible exception of Kurt Cobain who, as much as I love and adore him, does not reach Tupacian levels for the simple reason that, despite becoming a mainstream titan, his target was a lot more acute.

Edited by Len Cnut

Now that the bastards long dead and everyones gotten over themselves and I can speak my piece without a bunch of Prince fans getting their knickers twisted lets face it, he was fuckin' pants.  'Oh but you ain't heard ALL 35 of his fuckin' albums', who gives a fuckin' shit, I ain't heard all of John Denvers fuckin' albums either, I know he's shit.  I don't need to know a thing inside fuckin' out to know if its shit or not.  I ain't had dysentery before either but I can hazard a guess that it's fucked up.  

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Now that the bastards long dead and everyones gotten over themselves and I can speak my piece without a bunch of Prince fans getting their knickers twisted lets face it, he was fuckin' pants.  'Oh but you ain't heard ALL 35 of his fuckin' albums', who gives a fuckin' shit, I ain't heard all of John Denvers fuckin' albums either, I know he's shit.  I don't need to know a thing inside fuckin' out to know if its shit or not.  I ain't had dysentery before either but I can hazard a guess that it's fucked up.  

That reminds me, I got lambasted - and censored  - for saying Scott Weiland was shite c. a day after he died haha

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

That reminds me, I got lambasted - and censored  - for saying Scott Weiland was shite c. a day after he died haha

You're right, he was.  Dead or alive a shit singer is a shit singer.  I don't even know why that bothers people.  Dead or alive you are what you are...or were.  These rememberance threads get a bit fuckin' touchy, don't they?  Funny, no one (including myself to be fair) minded when i made Sid Vicious rememberance threads and all and sundry said he was absolutely devoid of talent.

So Prince is shit huh? And yet he was lauded by everyone from Paul McCartney to GNR, Springsteen, Kate Bush, Chuck D, Bootsy Collins, George Clinton and even President fuckin Obama whe he died.

Miles Davis fucking begged to work with him.

But Len B'Stard thinks he's shit. I know whose musical opinion I hold in higher regard.

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

So Prince is shit huh? And yet he was lauded by everyone from Paul McCartney to GNR, Springsteen, Kate Bush, Chuck D, Bootsy Collins, George Clinton and even President fuckin Obama whe he died.

But Len B'Stard thinks he's shit. I know whose musical opinion I hold in higher regard.

See heres the thing, no one tells me when something or someone is musically cool, my ears do that.

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

See heres the thing, no one tells me when something or someone is musically cool, my ears do that.

Yeah but sometimes you are just wrong. Its like someone who says that The Beatles are just a boyband... they may not be your cuppa Charlie, but for a serious music fan to completely dismiss them out of hand, well, it just comes across like you're a bit of an ignoramus to be honest.

I ain't heard jack shit when it comes to 2 Pac, cept for a couple tracks, but I'm not arrogant enough to completely dismiss respected artists as "pants" just because it ain't my bag.

I don't need Miles Davis to tell me that Prince is a fucking genius, I instinctively knew he was one from about the age of 8 when I was jamming to Pussy Control and turning down the volume when I heard my mum coming up the stairs. If you don't get it, thats your loss.

9 hours ago, Towelie said:

I would t take his opinion too seriously. If it ain't some black guy from 30's,50's, or 60's ; the fucking monkeys or the kinks; the Sex Pistols or some obscure musical movement then it doesn't mean much to him. wjen he talks about the monkeys I really start to laugh. 

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Prince is multi instrumentalist. 2 PAC cant compare

So?  So was my music teacher in secondary school, I guess hes a fuckin' genius too.

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I would t take his opinion too seriously. If it ain't some black guy from 30's,50's, or 60's ; the fucking monkeys or the kinks; the Sex Pistols or some obscure musical movement then it doesn't mean much to him. wjen he talks about the monkeys I really start to laugh. 

Hey Miser, its been a while :lol: