Three songs that prove that Prince was the baddest mofo of the nineties!!!

Towelie

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

Knowing your taste you probably think he was. 

Keep goin, keep goin' til it aint hard no more :lol:

8 hours ago, Towelie said:

Yeah but sometimes you are just wrong. Its like someone who says that The Beatles are just a boyband... they may not be your cuppa Charlie, but for a serious music fan to completely dismiss them out of hand, well, it just comes across like you're a bit of an ignoramus to be honest.

I ain't heard jack shit when it comes to 2 Pac, cept for a couple tracks, but I'm not arrogant enough to completely dismiss respected artists as "pants" just because it ain't my bag.

I don't need Miles Davis to tell me that Prince is a fucking genius, I instinctively knew he was one from about the age of 8 when I was jamming to Pussy Control and turning down the volume when I heard my mum coming up the stairs. If you don't get it, thats your loss.

Well I only hope i can make it out the other end of life with this enormous loss weighing me down Towelie :lol:

51 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Keep goin, keep goin' til it aint hard no more :lol:

Well I only hope i can make it out the other end of life with this enormous loss weighing me down Towelie :lol:

Meh, sarcasm aside, there's a whole wealth of fantastic music out there that you're closing your mind to, because you mistakenly think that you can sum up an artist who was prolific enough to have vaulted material to last for an album a year for the next century, based on having listened to a handful of songs once or twice.

I know you Len, you're so readthrough. "Prince? Ain't he that fucking ponce who sings like a woman and did that cheesy ballad bout the most beautiful girl in the world? Fuck that shit." 

You know I love you Len. If I was forced at gunpoint to catch gay anal herpes from a fella, you'd be my first choice. But sometimes you do come across a bit closed minded to things that don't t fit the mould of Len's pre-approved list of what's cool and what's not. 

42 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Meh, sarcasm aside, there's a whole wealth of fantastic music out there that you're closing your mind to, because you mistakenly think that you can sum up an artist who was prolific enough to have vaulted material to last for an album a year for the next century, based on having listened to a handful of songs once or twice.

I know you Len, you're so readthrough. "Prince? Ain't he that fucking ponce who sings like a woman and did that cheesy ballad bout the most beautiful girl in the world? Fuck that shit." 

You know I love you Len. If I was forced at gunpoint to catch gay anal herpes from a fella, you'd be my first choice. But sometimes you do come across a bit closed minded to things that don't t fit the mould of Len's pre-approved list of what's cool and what's not. 

You're actually not far wrong in your assessment here, I'm often like that and end up learning late in the day that something i was being pointlessly flippant about was actually of some value.  I was like that about The Stones for most of my life based on my grounding in punk and to be fair I still don't think they're the living end like some do but I have grown to appreciate them greatly.  I guess it's just hard to shake certain formative impressions.  Is there a hetero anal herpes? :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

He loves Hendrix, does Prince. (I should probably get used to discussing him in the past tense?). Hendrix obsessive by all accounts.

Yeah?  Well the mans clearly got good taste.  Hendrix was something else though, I listen to Hendrix EVERY day of my life, the man was beyond fuckin' amazing, better than any fuckin guitarists out there for the simple fact that nobody every embodied the wild mentalist spirit of rock n roll through his playing than Jimi did, the man fuckin' blows my mind to this day and i been listening to him since i was a kid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah?  Well the mans clearly got good taste.  Hendrix was something else though, I listen to Hendrix EVERY day of my life, the man was beyond fuckin' amazing, better than any fuckin guitarists out there for the simple fact that nobody every embodied the wild mentalist spirit of rock n roll through his playing than Jimi did, the man fuckin' blows my mind to this day and i been listening to him since i was a kid.

See chaps. I got Len to admit ''Prince has good taste''. It is a start!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

See chaps. I got Len to admit ''Prince has good taste''. It is a start!

Jimi Hendrix is sort of a trigger phrase with me, I'd alter my opinion on Hitler to some degree it i found he was a Hendrix fan (though chronology fucks that one up).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Another thing which may increase your fondness for Prince. Purple Rain, the scene where Apollonia gets her bazookas out. It is the single greatest scene in cinematic history.

Prince made that happen.

Indeed a memorable scene.

He also put her in a girlband with two other tarts, called Apollonia 6, so named after the number of nipples of its band members.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Towelie said:

Oh my God this for post of the year. 

Still,  I come in here and I see ripping on Tupac,  Prince and Scott Weiland. Who wants to die first out of you English bastards? :lol:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Towelie said:

Indeed a memorable scene.

He also put her in a girlband with two other tarts, called Apollonia 6, so named after the number of nipples of its band members.

Memorable does not do the scene justice. I think Prince had it off with her. Why the heck Prince was removing his ribs for some self-suckage one will never know.