2006 complete shows

With a current tour going on I'm not sure how many are interested but this YouTube account seems to be posting some great footage from 2006 that he said he's compiled over time. Really some great performances in there. 

im sure most of this isn't rare but still pretty cool to see, it's like watching a periscope from 2006 of complete shows haha 

3 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

OH SHIT - the account mentioned in the OP uploaded the full crowd-shot version of Rock am Ring!

Three out of four times I was lucky to have Axl in his best vocal shape of the decade (Belgium Graspop '06, Sportpaleis' 10 & Axl/DC Werchter '16). GMM' 12 wasn't my thing,  but the 2006 gig has a special place in my heart.  After worshiping Guns since I was 11 (I got UYI I & II from my grandparents who weren't proficient in English :)),  I finally got to see them and 90% of the show was spot on.  Last year Axl ran around excessively.  He's still might charismatic,  but that year he brought his most badass self to annihilate the stage.  Shame almost everybody ,  including the press,  decided not to like the show before it happened.  I hope he brings his A-game 'one more f*ckin'  time tonight ' at Werchter' 17. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

OH SHIT - the account mentioned in the OP uploaded the full crowd-shot version of Rock am Ring!

This is great because you can see Madagascar which was cut from the broadcast because someone fucked up the intro lol

Here are some more full shows from 2006 (KROQ and RIR are proshot of course). The holy grail of 2006 where rare performances are considered has to be the Greensboro show where the band apparently played the AFD version of You're Crazy. Also, the Baltimore and final LA show are also extremely strong.

31 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Here are some more full shows from 2006 (KROQ and RIR are proshot of course). The holy grail of 2006 where rare performances are considered has to be the Greensboro show where the band apparently played the AFD version of You're Crazy. Also, the Baltimore and final LA show are also extremely strong.

I have never been able to find the Greensboro show and I have looked like a motherfucker. I was there and yes, they played the AFD version of You're Crazy.

I always liked the 2006 Axl/version of the band.. Just something about him seemed so bad ass. He still had that not giving a fuck attitiude, but yet he seemed more refined and mature. Fincks guitar playing is amazing and i wish he was still around instead of Fortus.  

My favorite 2006 show we got full video of is Dublin. Half of the show is in day light, and the fans are crazy as a mother fucker. Axls vocals were pretty good throughout most of the show as well: 

24 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

This proshot is often forgotten about since it's only one song - Tommy's background vocals were underappreciated:

That was cool, never seen that.

great filming, Tommy's vocals are too loud, and Finck can sound terrible or brilliant...here it was terrible but overall very cool to see 

Man I miss 06. Axl looked like a badass and sounded awesome. Good times and the first time I got to see the band live. Chinese still had a mystique around it and hearing the songs live was cool. Was able to pick out real fans at shows by who knew what the hell was being played. 

7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

He sang it at the 2010 show I was at too

What's the deal with that song? I just thought it was something he came up with on the spot during the nuGN'R days but if he played it more than once over a span of a couple of years it can't be very improvised, right?

Is it a cover or some inside joke?

15 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

What's the deal with that song? I just thought it was something he came up with on the spot during the nuGN'R days but if he played it more than once over a span of a couple of years it can't be very improvised, right?

Is it a cover or some inside joke?

I think its just a shitty little improv thing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Holy shit, what was that like?!

Pretty fucking cool. Got caught off guard for a second until I figured out what it was. Sounded great too. Fast and lots of energy, Axl sounded just like he did on AFD. The crowd dug it. Really pumped up, get the juices flowing type of moment.

• Like 1