cqleonardo

Rare bootlegs

11 posts in this topic

Everytime I get "addicted" to some bands, I like to search for that rare things that only few people in the world have or at least claim that have, but I don't really know what rare GNR bootlegs are out there, anyone have an answer?

1 person likes this

Ritz 1987 is currently being shopped around (it was a Geffen promo VHS someone found on eBay - they put clips on YouTube and want to trade the full thing for something of equal value)

The first Chinese Democray-era show (1/1/2001 in Las Vegas) was supposed to be released as a DVD, but it was cancelled and rumors have floated around for years that some people have a copy of it

The 2002 MTV Video Music Award rehearsals have been shopped around for years but never surfaced - there's a few clips on YouTube

Demos from the Chinese Democracy sessions (unreleased songs) are known to be out there

There's a proshot show from 2010 that's being hoarded for whatever reason - apparently the quality isn't that good

Edited by TheSeeker

Ritz 1987 clips:

VMA rehearsal clip:

Clip of an unreleased demo:

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Ritz 1987 clips:

VMA rehearsal clip:

Clip of an unreleased demo:

very nice! :heart:

23 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

Everytime I get "addicted" to some bands, I like to search for that rare things that only few people in the world have or at least claim that have, but I don't really know what rare GNR bootlegs are out there, anyone have an answer?

depends on how much you know GNR

if you know only their studio albums, there are a lot of bootlegs that you probably should listen to 

these are not "rare" boots at all for the people who have been addicted to GNR for years

but they may be rare for you!

= pasadena 1987

= marquee 1987

= paradiso 1987

= madison 1987

= ritz 1988

= japan 1988

= australia 1989

= farm aid 1990

= rio 1991 first night

= rio 1991 second night

= indiana 1991

= st louis 1991

these are some of the best known live recordings with the best sound quality -- most of them are soundboard

=== 

then there are a lot of unreleased songs that you will probably love to listen to

you can find a pretty decent list over here = http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=47829.0

believe me, it doesnt make any sense to listen to the rarest GNR song ever if you dont listen to all of these first!

===

then you can have a lot of fun listen to dozens of solo albums by izzy (too many to name!), slash (including 2 velvet revolver albums), duff (including albums by neurotic outsiders, ten minute warning, loaded etc), steven (the name of his band is adler) and axl (chinese democracy)

now, if you know all of these, welcome to the starving club

most of us over here are starving for more GNR!

guns-n-roses.jpg  

50 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

if you know only their studio albums, there are a lot of bootlegs that you probably should listen to 

these are not "rare" boots at all for the people who have been addicted to GNR for years

= pasadena 1987

= marquee 1987

= paradiso 1987

= madison 1987

= ritz 1988

= japan 1988

= australia 1989

= farm aid 1990

= rio 1991 first night

= rio 1991 second night

= indiana 1991

= st louis 1991

these are some of the best known live recordings with the best sound quality -- most of them are soundboard

=== 

then there are a lot of unreleased songs that you will probably love to listen to

you can find a pretty decent list over here = http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=47829.0

believe me, it doesnt make any sense to listen to the rarest GNR song ever if you dont listen to all of these first!

===

then you can have a lot of fun listen to dozens of solo albums by izzy (too many to name!), slash (including 2 velvet revolver albums), duff (including albums by neurotic outsiders, ten minute warning, loaded etc), steven (the name of his band is adler) and axl (chinese democracy)

guns-n-roses.jpg  

i'm a diehard fan since 08, the thing is, all bands have those rare things that only few people have, bootlegs, memorabilia, I never got into this on the Guns N' Roses world... about these bootlegs you recomended me... I believe that I heard all of them or almost all of them

On 07/02/2017 at 1:41 AM, TheSeeker said:

Ritz 1987 is currently being shopped around (it was a Geffen promo VHS someone found on eBay - they put clips on YouTube and want to trade the full thing for something of equal value)

The first Chinese Democray-era show (1/1/2001 in Las Vegas) was supposed to be released as a DVD, but it was cancelled and rumors have floated around for years that some people have a copy of it

The 2002 MTV Video Music Award rehearsals have been shopped around for years but never surfaced - there's a few clips on YouTube

Demos from the Chinese Democracy sessions (unreleased songs) are known to be out there

There's a proshot show from 2010 that's being hoarded for whatever reason - apparently the quality isn't that good

I lost my shit the day this tease of the Ritz 87 came out, I remember reading the story that the guy who found the tape wrote and I thought it was freaking amazing, I know about the HoB too, there is a picture out there that someone posted somewhere saying that is the pro shot version, same thing about the VMA like you said, the rest I know too. 

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

= pasadena 1987

= marquee 1987

= paradiso 1987

= madison 1987

= ritz 1988

= japan 1988

= australia 1989

= farm aid 1990

= rio 1991 first night

= rio 1991 second night

= indiana 1991

= st louis 1991

=== 

===

guns-n-roses.jpg  

= pasadena 1987

= paradiso 1987

= madison 1987

= australia 1989

what date about this shows ?

On 2017/2/7 at 11:41 AM, TheSeeker said:

i want to know , where can find 2001/01/01 video ?

2 hours ago, gnrer said:

= pasadena 1987

= paradiso 1987

= madison 1987

= australia 1989

what date about this shows ?

pasadena is the last show (they did three or four nights there in 1987)

you can find everything here = http://gnrontour.com/

just ignore the gnrer guy, he's just a know-nothing-but-want-everything-and-want-to-talk-about-everything-even-if-I-don't-have-no-idea-about-it troll.

+ there was no GNR show in Australia in 1989, probably Melbourne 1988 is the one in question.

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

pasadena is the last show (they did three or four nights there in 1987)

you can find everything here = http://gnrontour.com/

OK , i find it , and Australia not 1989

23 minutes ago, zombux said:

just ignore the gnrer guy, he's just a know-nothing-but-want-everything-and-want-to-talk-about-everything-even-if-I-don't-have-no-idea-about-it troll.

+ there was no GNR show in Australia in 1989, probably Melbourne 1988 is the one in question.

why do u aways hate me ?

26 minutes ago, zombux said:

u  trade with me , last last year , right ?