Gene Simmons: "We never 'Axl Rose' our way out of anything"

Axl hasn't been late for a really long time, and fixed all of his broken relationships... I think this is like when he calls Ace and Peter drug addicts even though they've been clean and sober for years. Sometime people will do anything to stay relevant and catch headlines. Guess what I saw them in Boise there was maybe 10,000 people in a 25,000 seat arena. Guns on the other hand had about 50,000. So Axl's doing something right Gene. He was just praising Axl for the ACDC thing. I wonder if there was something behind the scenes that pissed him off! What if Kiss was turned down for an opening spot. Haha I guess i'm just speculating maybe he is just a dick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Gene can say what he wants, it's a free country.  Doesn't mean he's not a hypocrit bc he is.  

To some extend yes, but if Gene Simmons never showed up 2 hours late to any given Kiss show. He has a point. 

Gene Simmons is a dick for saying that. He can have his opinions and he can share his opinions, but when you go public with it then you're just looking for attention, or worse an ass whoopin. Him and all the other wanna be band wagoners are showing their jealous side a bit. No reason to bring up the past Gene. I thought you said as time passes people change and you're not that person so keep your mouth shut until you know what your talking about. Mr Perfect you are not!

53 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rose is now not far off from Simmons. The Budweiser advert would have made Gene proud. Since 2011 he has become a corporate sellout a la Simmons. Those stupid little Japanese dolls were very Simmons. Only a coffin separates them really.

Oh man, I tried sp hard to forget this ad ever happened. Stupid and ridiculous.

58 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rose is now not far off from Simmons. The Budweiser advert would have made Gene proud. Since 2011 he has become a corporate sellout a la Simmons. Those stupid little Japanese dolls were very Simmons. Only a coffin separates them really.

Please tell me you're not referring to Babymetal as "those stupid little Japanese dolls". What do you mean by that?

Just now, tsinindy said:

Maybe....I dunno.  I'll give Gene credit here in that he's rather honest about it actually.

Axl is laziness in person. Kiss at least has much more material to offer ... nor am I a fan of them ... just an opinion

Edited by auad
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Please tell me you're not referring to Babymetal as "those stupid little Japanese dolls". What do you mean by that?

I do not know what the heck Babymetal is but those plastic weird looking dolls of the band members is what I was referring.

4 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Let's all bash Gene Simmons because he criticized our dear and lovely Axl!

You can't do that! We're all entitled to our different opinions...unless you bash Axl :lol:

3 hours ago, Padme said:

True but at least they all reunited for the HOF. I think, in part, that's what Gene is pointing out

This, Even Kiss put aside their differences for their fans...Axl is still holding nto the Chinese ers for dear life though so

1 hour ago, Padme said:

And Axl is doing it now. Look at the ticket prices, merch prices or this silly Valentine's Day thing. Buy flowers, get tickets. Of course Kiss went too far many times. But it the way the run their business

Very good point. I think Gene and Axl are both Douchebags but at least Gene's bands released new music from time to time, and Kiss '96 is probably the biggest reunion of all time. Meanwhile GNR brings back two old members with the same nuGNR forumula and system, and there ya go. But hey, at least Axl proved to everyone that he's not a control freak who hires and fires people gtom his band.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GNR 1991 said:

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not know what the heck Babymetal is but those plastic weird looking dolls of the band members is what I was referring.

I think my man means the POP!  Funko dolls or whatever the hell they are actually called and in this way he is right on point with what he is saying :)

https://www.amazon.com/Funko-POP-Rocks-Action-Figure/dp/B01G5Y4W4O

4 hours ago, Padme said:

True but at least they all reunited for the HOF. I think, in part, that's what Gene is pointing out

There was never an obligation to reform for the HOF, as if they were an arbiter of the industry. Sure, it would have been good, but neither Izzy or Axl thought it appropriate to attend at the time, and they didn't have to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Relax.

You don't need to get all defensive for Axl.

They are both idiots.

No gene , for the last time THEYRE NOT GIVIN U WTTJ. so go sing your extra crapy lame low quality music all night will axls band gets 5 to 7 million every day ... Aaaa 

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Even though I'm with you on the Bud commercial and the doll thing, Axl has a loooooong way to go before catching Gene and KISS.

11 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

paulstanleygenesimmons4th_638.jpg

GM: Paul (Stanley) was quite hard on you in his book. He’s spoken about how today your relationship is better than it’s been in a long time, why?

GS: You have to figure out that the person next to you isn’t you. So sometimes you don’t’ understand why I might have a different appetite than him. I make no excuses for having a record company and now a film company. Our first film was just finished and it stars Anne Heche, Wesley Snipes; it’s a good movie and I’ll be doling lots of them. I wanted to act and produce records and have a record company because I’m unapologetically insatiable. If I have an appetite for something I want it! But it is true, as other things take more time you don’t’ do your other stuff in KISS as well. So we do have a better relationship today because you live and you learn. You understand that despite it all we both share a great work ethic, we show up on time and do the work and we never “Axl Rose” our way out of  anything. I think the same way a “Kardashian” became a 72-day long time reference, I think Axl deserves that thing that could become a verb, “Don’t Axl your way out of this thing.” I think that’s appropriate.

http://www.goldminemag.com/article/gene-simmons-keeps-kiss-klassic

a·xl
verb

1. not to do something just because you can
    "He promised me to finish this 3 weeks ago -- but its not even close. That guy has axled me pretty bad"
    "When she got in this company, she was really interested in everything and she always had time to listen and to help. Now that she found her way to the top, she is axling everyone!"

• Like 3