Gene Simmons: "We never 'Axl Rose' our way out of anything"

paulstanleygenesimmons4th_638.jpg

GM: Paul (Stanley) was quite hard on you in his book. He’s spoken about how today your relationship is better than it’s been in a long time, why?

GS: You have to figure out that the person next to you isn’t you. So sometimes you don’t’ understand why I might have a different appetite than him. I make no excuses for having a record company and now a film company. Our first film was just finished and it stars Anne Heche, Wesley Snipes; it’s a good movie and I’ll be doling lots of them. I wanted to act and produce records and have a record company because I’m unapologetically insatiable. If I have an appetite for something I want it! But it is true, as other things take more time you don’t’ do your other stuff in KISS as well. So we do have a better relationship today because you live and you learn. You understand that despite it all we both share a great work ethic, we show up on time and do the work and we never “Axl Rose” our way out of  anything. I think the same way a “Kardashian” became a 72-day long time reference, I think Axl deserves that thing that could become a verb, “Don’t Axl your way out of this thing.” I think that’s appropriate.

http://www.goldminemag.com/article/gene-simmons-keeps-kiss-klassic

14 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

There's plenty of reasons to bash Gene, him being a hypocrit is just one of them....I'm pretty sure Peter Criss may feel Gene has "Axl'd" him out of some things.

True but at least they all reunited for the HOF. I think, in part, that's what Gene is pointing out

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Padme said:

True but at least they all reunited for the HOF. I think, in part, that's what Gene is pointing out

What?  That they showed up, but didn't play....what's the difference? And I actually agree with Axls reasoning for not showing up.  He was on the right side of that argument.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

What?  That they showed up, but didn't play....what's the difference? And I actually agree with Axls reasoning for not showing up.  He was on the right side of that argument.  

At least they showed up. And Axl argument was that he wanted to play with his new band. You can make a case it was not the right time for a HOF induction. They could've agreed not to play. But I think Axl deserves to be in the HOF and he is not. HOF aside there were and there many things that could be done in a better way

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

paulstanleygenesimmons4th_638.jpg

GM: Paul (Stanley) was quite hard on you in his book. He’s spoken about how today your relationship is better than it’s been in a long time, why?

GS: You have to figure out that the person next to you isn’t you. So sometimes you don’t’ understand why I might have a different appetite than him.

His quote makes sense, if he was Axl he would have an appetite.... for destruction :headbang:

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

At least they showed up. And Axl argument was that he wanted to play with his new band. You can make a case it was not the right time for a HOF induction. They could've agreed not to play. But I think Axl deserves to be in the HOF and he is not. HOF aside there were and there many things that could be done in a better way

It's the HOF...no one really gives a shit that knows what it's really all about.   Axl doesn't.

Just now, tsinindy said:

It's the HOF...no one really gives a shit that knows what it's really all about.   Axl doesn't.

Well I'm not so sure he doesn't. He was there for Elton John. And it seems he had a good time singing with Bruce Springsteen. Still the HOF is not the only thing. It's everything that went on in the last 20 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

It's everything that went on in the last 20 years.

Nothing to do with what I said originally....

5 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Gene Simmons has a great work ethic, at least he has one decent personality trait.

2 minutes ago, auad said:

this

Very true!

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Nothing to do with what I said originally....

If you mean to say that Gene Simmons doesn't have the right to call Axl out because of his own skeletons in the closet. Well in that case every single rock star should shut up about everything.

• Like 4

Just now, Padme said:

If you mean to say that Gene Simmons doesn't have the right to call Axl out because of his own skeletons in the closet. Well in that case every single rock star should shut up about everything.

Gene can say what he wants, it's a free country.  Doesn't mean he's not a hypocrit bc he is.