Megaguns!

I was never "into" the Scorpions enough to buy anything. They have some good catchy songs. I have actually seen them twice live though. Both times I was there to see other bands that they were co-headlining with. Both times the Scorpions were fucking awesome.. They put on a great show.. Last time was over 15 years ago though so not really sure how they are these days.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, auad said:

Fuckin great!

Two non nostalgia acts...

Love both bands ✌

This will be an amazing show, both are brilliant live bands. Everyone who can, should go and see this. If they toured the UK together I'd be there in a heartbeat. :headbang:

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

are they even that big of a band? I only know Wind of Change

You have to know Rock U like a Hirricane! 

Not into them either but I'm sure they put on a great show and if I checked out their back catalog I would probably like some of it. 

Is Michael in? Amazing guitar player for both the scorpions & UFO. 

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was never "into" the Scorpions enough to buy anything. They have some good catchy songs. I have actually seen them twice live though. Both times I was there to see other bands that they were co-headlining with. Both times the Scorpions were fucking awesome.. They put on a great show.. Last time was over 15 years ago though so not really sure how they are these days.

Still put on a great show. The second concert I ever saw, back in '91. Seeing them again this summer. Not paired with Megadeth though, which is a shame.

2 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Not into them either but I'm sure they put on a great show and if I checked out their back catalog I would probably like some of it. 

No. He's out since decades and currently angry with his brother. But Matthias Jabs is great too.

Edited by PatrickS77

12 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

are they even that big of a band? I only know Wind of Change

They released their debut album in 1972, have put out 18 albums of original material and about 38 other random albums (6 live albums, greatest hits, etc), and according to wiki have sold 75-to-100 million albums. They've released 74 singles  

They weren't a hair metal band, but their song Rock You Like A Hurricane is one of fhe 4-5 songs that started the genre. 

No One Like You - sums them up pretty well.

Big City Nights. Rhythm of love. Blackout. The zoo. Lots of pretty solid stuff. 

Another Piece Of Meat, Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism, Falling In Love, Tease Me Please Me, Still Loving You, Bad Boys Running Wild, Coast To Coast, just a few more off the top of my head other than those already mentioned. Just a great band.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

No, his brother Rudolph. Michael was only ever in the Scorpions for a couple of short stints. He is notoriously a bit of a headcase who would make Axl Rose seem normal. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

No, his brother Rudolph. Michael was only ever in the Scorpions for a couple of short stints. He is notoriously a bit of a headcase who would make Axl Rose seem normal. :D

Yea I heard both brothers on radio with Trunk. Incredible the level of hatred and how much they attack each other!

6 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

yeah. Not on purpose or anything, they must never crossed my path other than winds of change or whatever it was called which I always thought was too spinal tap esque!

I was never really into them as a kid to be honest, it was all about GN'R, Motley Crue and a lot of the hair metal stuff and then later grunge/alternative etc for me back then. It's only in more recent years I've really got into them as I became a bit of a classc rock freak and went through a stage of checking out all the major bands from the 70s/80s as well as a lot of lesser known stuff. They have some great records (mainly late 70s through to mid-eighties was their peak years), I've mentioned a few songs earlier in the thread as have others if you want to give them a go? You definitely should if Wind Of Change is all you've heard, as even though it's their most well know song (although Rock You Like A Hurricane was also a big hit), being a ballad it's not really representative of them as a band at all.