Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

7 hours ago, alfierose said:

I thought we did but looking at your profile I can't see where it is. @highvoltage is this something that changed with the last upgrade?

HV did mention before that changing the title would be gone with the new upgrade, but downzy said it will be still there for club members, I want to change my title too.

3 hours ago, Słash said:

@alfierose any news regarding the Title? 

The "custom title" feature comes through a non-standard plugin that hasn't been updated for a while. I wouldn't expect to see that feature return anytime soon unfortunately. An admin can change it for you manually.

29 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

On our profile what does "Days won" mean?

I assume it relates to the new "Leaderboard" section. As far as I can tell it awards the person with the most-liked content for the day.

7 hours ago, alfierose said:

There was a site update a few hours ago. @highvoltage will likely fix everything back in place soon.

That's right - I'll be going through the list and making tweaks this week.
I put it off on Sunday afternoon (to go drinking instead) since everything looked more or less functional following the upgrade.

• Like 3

Just to update - we are still running on our old theme (skin) which is technically not compatible with the current forum software.

This means you may see weird errors popping up from time to time - generally the theme is the cause of these problems.

We have a new theme that is compatible with the current forum software; there is still a bit of work tweaking it before it will be loaded up on the forum. This should hopefully take care of any residual issues following the upgrade.

Thanks for your patience, I'll update once again when this is all done. :) 

• Like 2

Hey mods:

I know there are a lot of posts stickied on the front page, but I wonder if you'd consider pinning my thread about lithographs?

I got tired of how inconsistent the lithograph/tour merch threads were so I created this one with the best available art and put it in order.  I'm keeping it up to date.  Just a place for pics, not to discuss stuff.  But a proper "archive" of all this awesome art on NITL tour!

It's buried on page 3 now but I think if more people saw it they'd appreciate it.

What do you think?   Thanks!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Hey mods:

I know there are a lot of posts stickied on the front page, but I wonder if you'd consider pinning my thread about lithographs?

I got tired of how inconsistent the lithograph/tour merch threads were so I created this one with the best available art and put it in order.  I'm keeping it up to date.  Just a place for pics, not to discuss stuff.  But a proper "archive" of all this awesome art on NITL tour!

It's buried on page 3 now but I think if more people saw it they'd appreciate it.

What do you think?   Thanks!

I'll put this to the other mods and see what everyone thinks.

Edit: We had a discussion about this and whilst we would like to have it pinned in theory there are more than enough pinned threads there already. Sorry to disappoint but I think the best course of action for the moment would be to bump it once a week and perhaps add it to your signature to draw attention to it.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2017 at 1:20 PM, highvoltage said:

Just to update - we are still running on our old theme (skin) which is technically not compatible with the current forum software.

This means you may see weird errors popping up from time to time - generally the theme is the cause of these problems.

We have a new theme that is compatible with the current forum software; there is still a bit of work tweaking it before it will be loaded up on the forum. This should hopefully take care of any residual issues following the upgrade.

Thanks for your patience, I'll update once again when this is all done. :) 

New theme is up and running - if you notice any issues, please post them here. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2017 at 6:54 AM, alfierose said:

I'll put this to the other mods and see what everyone thinks.

Edit: We had a discussion about this and whilst we would like to have it pinned in theory there are more than enough pinned threads there already. Sorry to disappoint but I think the best course of action for the moment would be to bump it once a week and perhaps add it to your signature to draw attention to it.

Hey it's me again.

I've been obsessed with making my lithrograph artwork thread as good as it can be.  I've organized everything by date and used the best possible pics I can find and I'm constantly updating them.

Some guy added to the bottom of the thread and I know he meant well, but he ruined the organization of it.  Is there any way to remove his post so I can preserve it as a simple thread with ALL the pics in order?

Thanks...sorry to be so anal.  But we're all anal about GNR...you know how it is!

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

Hey it's me again.

I've been obsessed with making my lithrograph artwork thread as good as it can be.  I've organized everything by date and used the best possible pics I can find and I'm constantly updating them.

Some guy added to the bottom of the thread and I know he meant well, but he ruined the organization of it.  Is there any way to remove his post so I can preserve it as a simple thread with ALL the pics in order?

Thanks...sorry to be so anal.  But we're all anal about GNR...you know how it is!

I don't see why not. :lol: I think Russ already hid the post you referenced.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Harry Sunrise said:

Why is my profil picture displayed with such shitty quality, even though the orginal picture is good quality? Any solution there? Thanx

Resize it manually to a 120 x 120 pixel square, then upload it.

If you upload a high quality photo with larger dimensions than this, the forum will try to resize (downsize) it automatically for you - but it doesn't do a very good job, as you can see.

If it's already 120 x 120 when you upload it, the quality will be maintained.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Resize it manually to a 120 x 120 pixel square, then upload it.

If you upload a high quality photo with larger dimensions than this, the forum will try to resize (downsize) it automatically for you - but it doesn't do a very good job, as you can see.

If it's already 120 x 120 when you upload it, the quality will be maintained.

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1