Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

moderators are really jarmoing the forum by closing several threads lately (i  just seen the post someone did a few minutes back about it)

specially the very nonsensical closing of threads that "are being discussed in the social media thread"

the other day slash acknowledged the "guns n roses reunion" on a tweet or something

to the best of my knowledge that was the first time he called the current guns n aliens tour a "guns n roses reunion"

that tweet was huge not just because of that, but specially because it was a big slap in the face of all the people who believed slash when he said that the reunion should happen with all 5 guys

but the discussion got cut short and was buried on the social media thread

not nice

24 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

moderators are really jarmoing the forum by closing several threads lately (i  just seen the post someone did a few minutes back about it)

specially the very nonsensical closing of threads that "are being discussed in the social media thread"

the other day slash acknowledged the "guns n roses reunion" on a tweet or something

to the best of my knowledge that was the first time he called the current guns n aliens tour a "guns n roses reunion"

that tweet was huge not just because of that, but specially because it was a big slap in the face of all the people who believed slash when he said that the reunion should happen with all 5 guys

but the discussion got cut short and was buried on the social media thread

not nice

We do our best to keep the leave threads open that we feel warrant their own thread. Subjects that have been discussed to death or are being discussed elsewhere will usually be locked.

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We do our best to keep the leave threads open that we feel warrant their own thread. Subjects that have been discussed to death or are being discussed elsewhere will usually be locked.

thanks for the reply. i know you guys do a great job but if that tweet by slash does not deserve its own thread, seriously...

On 6/3/2017 at 6:57 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

when i put someone on ignore for messages why do i still get notifications i have a message from them? and isn't it supposed to tell them they are on ignore? thank you.

That's very odd. Please PM me a screen shot of the notification and we'll look into it.

On 05/06/2017 at 1:52 PM, jacdaniel said:

The forum never loads properly for me.  It seems to load an old version.

I have to press refresh to get the latest threads / posts.  

i am using chrome.

Its not the biggest deal in the world, easy to workaround.

Sorry not sure what is causing that. Perhaps try a different browser and see what happens.

On 2017-6-5 at 10:52 PM, jacdaniel said:

The forum never loads properly for me.  It seems to load an old version.

I have to press refresh to get the latest threads / posts.  

i am using chrome.

Its not the biggest deal in the world, easy to workaround.

You'll need to spam the refresh button a whole bunch of times to fix it. It's an issue with Chrome's cache and comes up a lot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know you guys probably arent in charge of what ads are on the forum, but every once in a while on my phone, i get those ads that redirect you to another page and vibrates your phone, claiming you have a virus or won something on a pop up dialog that continues to pop up unless you prevent the page from creating addiotional dialogues. Kind of annoying, but not really a big deal

2 hours ago, Mendez said:

I know you guys probably arent in charge of what ads are on the forum, but every once in a while on my phone, i get those ads that redirect you to another page and vibrates your phone, claiming you have a virus or won something on a pop up dialog that continues to pop up unless you prevent the page from creating addiotional dialogues. Kind of annoying, but not really a big deal

Sorry Google adsense is responsible for those. If a particular ad is really annoying there may be a way of reporting it to them, whether they take any notice is another matter of course!

7 hours ago, Mendez said:

Ads are gone forever for the one-off price of $10! :shades: 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

root@localhost  is this anything you guys know about? When i click on 'next unread topic' it says its a server problem and i have to keep refreshing the page to move on. Is it my Mac or a forum issue.

it says report it here root@localhost  should i? 

just done it again and it says ' internal server error'

Edited by janrichmond

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

now it keeps showing598b8c0ab91ed_ScreenShot2017-08-09at23_25_10.png.731395e97b88be59fb6ef39c4918fb4b.png

I've been getting that this afternoon and evening. I honestly attributed it to my shitty hotel wifi and assumed I was getting some odd error over it. Apparently not. We'll try to get it figured out.

• Like 1