Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

6 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Is it possible to have my account deleted?

I ask because I know a post of mine was taken out of context and posted as an article on UltimateGuitar and other news sites-which I was not comfortable with.

I know an option would just be to log out and not post but I really would just like to disappear completely 

I think I saw somewhere on the rules that accounts could not be deleted so I was just wondering.

We don't delete accounts.

Your always welcome to hide posts you've made.  This would likely resolve the issue of being quoted out of context.

• 2 weeks later...

We're also going to the trouble of removing some of the larger attachments and images.  Going forward, it is preferable if users link to images/files from an online hosting site.  A great site to use to post photos is https://postimage.org

ok i am trying to transfer some of the pics i have posted :) i am also going to TRY and use the site recommended. my question is do i need to resize my photos and if so to what size? they have like a million options!

also, for some reason every time i go from like my profile or pms or go from one topic to another the site is signing me out and i have to resign in each time. i have tried rebooting and clearing my cache but it hasn't worked. any idea what is going on and how it can be fixed? thanks!

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

We're also going to the trouble of removing some of the larger attachments and images.  Going forward, it is preferable if users link to images/files from an online hosting site.  A great site to use to post photos is https://postimage.org

ok i am trying to transfer some of the pics i have posted :) i am also going to TRY and use the site recommended. my question is do i need to resize my photos and if so to what size? they have like a million options!

also, for some reason every time i go from like my profile or pms or go from one topic to another the site is signing me out and i have to resign in each time. i have tried rebooting and clearing my cache but it hasn't worked. any idea what is going on and how it can be fixed? thanks!

Dont worry about sizes as it will be hosted by them not us.

Try to refresh over and over and clear cache a few times.

Just now, gunsguy said:

Dont worry about sizes as it will be hosted by them not us.

thank you

Just now, gunsguy said:

Try to refresh over and over and clear cache a few times.

i have done this. this seems to occur from time to time and then it goes away but this has been the longest it's gone on, idk it may be my POS laptop for all i know :)

Discussion of current GNR members and their side projects should be posted in the Discussion and News section. The D&N section is still used for GNR band topics, regardless of era.

More combative and opinion-based discussions should be posted Civil War, where topics receive less moderation (though etiquette rules still apply).

We're open to making changes if certain things aren't working with these sections. So please bear with us while we try to improve the user experience at MYGNRFORUM.

^ With the above rules in mind, why is "GNR Women's Discussion" in the Jungle forum? It's titled "GNR Womens Discussion" - it belongs in the GNR discussion forum. [edit: truncated my rambling lol]

Cheers

Edited by downliner

17 hours ago, downliner said:

^ With the above rules in mind, why is "GNR Women's Discussion" in the Jungle forum? It's titled "GNR Womens Discussion" - it belongs in the GNR discussion forum. [edit: truncated my rambling lol]

Cheers

Because that thread discusses a wide range of topics, some are relevant to current news, some not and some not GNR related. It is my understanding that it is a thread for (mostly) the female members of the forum to hang out. Also it's not exactly a popular thread with many of the (mostly) male members of the forum who don't hold your view that it should be on the main page. For both those reasons I think everyone is fine with where it is.

6 hours ago, alfierose said:

Because that thread discusses a wide range of topics, some are relevant to current news, some not and some not GNR related. It is my understanding that it is a thread for (mostly) the female members of the forum to hang out. Also it's not exactly a popular thread with many of the (mostly) male members of the forum who don't hold your view that it should be on the main page. For both those reasons I think everyone is fine with where it is.

Can we move it to Anything Goes instead? I'd just like it moved out of the Jungle because it's the only thread in that section which ever gets listed on the homepage (burying all other newsworthy topics like former Gunners releasing music).

FYI I'm male, and the only reason I want it moved is because I agree with the rest of the guys on here - that the thread is fucking annoying if you're a fan of Izzy, Tommy, Bucket, Bumble etc :lol: It's been banished from the GNR section, now please banish it from the ex-GNR section too :P

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, downliner said:

Can we move it to Anything Goes instead? I'd just like it moved out of the Jungle because it's the only thread in that section which ever gets listed on the homepage (burying all other newsworthy topics like former Gunners releasing music).

FYI I'm male, and the only reason I want it moved is because I agree with the rest of the guys on here - that the thread is fucking annoying if you're a fan of Izzy, Tommy, Bucket, Bumble etc :lol: It's been banished from the GNR section, now please banish it from the ex-GNR section too :P

It doesn't belong in AG because it is predominantly GNR chat, the most appropriate section would be CW but that wouldn't alter it's frequent appearance on the homepage as TJ and CW are in the same section. I get your point about it dominating homepage listings but the same would apply to any popular thread in any section.

12 hours ago, Johnny Drama said:

Hey guys I wanna change my e-mail for my account as it's an ISP based address and I'm changing ISP. The e-mail address I wanna change it to is however attached to one of my old (banned?) accounts. Is there someone that can please help me?

Send me a PM and I should be able to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't it a rule not to post in another language than English? It seems to be happening more and more lately. I don't mind the occasional foreign word here and there, but it gets annoying when several posts or almost a whole thread seem to be in another language.

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Wasn't it a rule not to post in another language than English? It seems to be happening more and more lately. I don't mind the occasional foreign word here and there, but it gets annoying when several posts or almost a whole thread seem to be in another language.

I don't think it's ever been a rule, per se but I agree it's a pain and I have seen it more here and there lately. We'll try to keep an eye on it as English posts make the forum more accessible to the greater majority of the userbase.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@DR DOOM If a particular post bothers you, and you feel that it is breaking the rules, you're welcome to use the "report post" button. 
Otherwise, if you want to discuss a forum member in general, feel free to PM one of the moderators. 

I've hidden your post as I don't want to embarrass the people named in it. The other mods can still read it and might be able to take a course of action if they feel appropriate. 

On 13/07/2016 at 5:46 AM, DirtyDeeds said:

Likewise, when looking through a section, there may be a thread which is listed as 10 pages long, but when I click on it, it turns out to be 15 pages long. It seems the majority of threads are incorrect as I am viewing them. How do I fix this? 

We've not experienced anyone else complaining about this… so assuming that the problem has been fixed. An explanation as to why a thread may initially appear 15 pages long, but only be 10 once you've clicked through, is that it might have been counting deleted posts… which moderators can see but regular folk can't. The forum software has its moments of being a bit dicky (technically speaking) so that could have slipped through. 

If anyone else experiences this, let me know and we'll investigate it in around 6 months' time. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You must go to your profile, on the right there'll be "See my activity" button, after you click on that you'll see everything you posted. Also, on the left side you'll be able to choose whether you want to see your posts or topics.

Edited by int8
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Do you mean contact a member of staff? You can PM any one of us.

@Nice Boy asked how to find his own posts. The question was in the thread title that he started so it got lost after it was moved to this thread. I answered him in my previous post above :)

• Like 2