Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

11 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

can we have a word filter for Pitman please?

I'm sick and tired (and it seems i'm not the only one) reading about his name on this day

Enough is enough :lol:

I promise i don't call him Shitman in the future, just please apply a word filter just to hooray for tolerance! the cupcakes

:lol: I hear ya. It'll die down, so we'll probably just leave it. On top of that, my choice for the replacement word probably wouldn't be nice lol

Hi there, during last night's festivities I was unable to access the site on my home network (both WiFi and hardline) just after folks on the thread were talking about some kind of DOS attack activity. I still cannot access the site at home. My cell network works just fine. At home, all other websites/activites work good. I have already tried ipconfig /release and /renew, and already tried a DNS flush. 

Looking for help as to how I can access again, and whether the issue may be tied to anything that happened last night.

Any help or direction greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Braxon Raine said:

Hi there, during last night's festivities I was unable to access the site on my home network (both WiFi and hardline) just after folks on the thread were talking about some kind of DOS attack activity. I still cannot access the site at home. My cell network works just fine. At home, all other websites/activites work good. I have already tried ipconfig /release and /renew, and already tried a DNS flush. 

Looking for help as to how I can access again, and whether the issue may be tied to anything that happened last night.

Any help or direction greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

@highvoltage might be able to advise more than me but have you tried removing all cookies or cached versions of the site from your browser? Or a different browser? A few people including myself had a little trouble for a while but at least one of the things we both mentioned has worked as far as I know.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, alfierose said:

@highvoltage might be able to advise more than me but have you tried removing all cookies or cached versions of the site from your browser? Or a different browser? A few people including myself had a little trouble for a while but at least one of the things we both mentioned has worked as far as I know.

Yep, tried multiple browsers, clearing all cookies/caches, restarted both modem and router, no good.  Also same result on PC and multiple cell phones. 

Edited by Braxon Raine

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

Sorry about that. Hang on for HV to turn up with hopefully some insight.

No prob. I appreciate the help. One thing I noticed is that when I tried to renew the IP, the IP doesn't actually change (I don't know if that has something to do with my provider - viasat/wildblue satellite internet). Wonderinf if that plays in.  Thanks again @alfierose! 

8 minutes ago, Braxon Raine said:

No prob. I appreciate the help. One thing I noticed is that when I tried to renew the IP, the IP doesn't actually change (I don't know if that has something to do with my provider - viasat/wildblue satellite internet). Wonderinf if that plays in.  Thanks again @alfierose! 

I wouldn't like to say. My knowledge is limited. :lol:

2 hours ago, Braxon Raine said:

Sounds like a DNS issue, Braxon. The site moved servers yesterday - if your ISP doesn't re-cache DNS regularly, you'll keep being pointed to the old server IP address.

You can try flushing your DNS (but a restart will have already done this): https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

Otherwise... the fix is to just wait! It will eventually start working within 24-48 hours. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Sounds like a DNS issue, Braxon. The site moved servers yesterday - if your ISP doesn't re-cache DNS regularly, you'll keep being pointed to the old server IP address.

You can try flushing your DNS (but a restart will have already done this): https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

Otherwise... the fix is to just wait! It will eventually start working within 24-48 hours. 

Thank you!!

@downzy there have been a few posters who are getting confused thinking that this is the official website. They are asking for the presale code and where to get the tickets on this website. One or two of them even bought the club membership thinking it will give them the presale code.

So well just wanted to inform you.

19 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@downzy there have been a few posters who are getting confused thinking that this is the official website. They are asking for the presale code and where to get the tickets on this website. One or two of them even bought the club membership thinking it will give them the presale code.

So well just wanted to inform you.

Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into it.