If u could go into a time capsule...

gt72

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Hendrix performance was well below his usual standard.: an experiment with a big band who had never played together before plus tuning problems and rumours of him being stoned (as the water was spiked with LSD). Only the finale, Star Spangled Banner/Purple Haze and Voodoo Chile were impressive (a fairly decent work-in-progress Izabella as I recall also). Few people remained to witness Jimi as he did not appear until early in the morning, a day late! Most people had buggered off. 

The best filmed concerts of Jimi's are Monterey, Berkeley and the Royal Albert bootleg - albeit the latter two suffer from eccentric editing. Atlanta is decent. Isle of Wight has tuning problems and Jimi's heart was not in it (superb 'Watchtower' though).

I fiercely disagree, Hendrix was on fire i thought, Message to Love, Spanish Castle were beautiful, then he slowed it down really nice with Red House, Lover Man was a particular highlight i thought...and that big jam...I never understood the criticism of the Woodstock gig.  

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I fiercely disagree, Hendrix was on fire i thought, Message to Love, Spanish Castle were beautiful, then he slowed it down really nice with Red House, Lover Man was a particular highlight i thought...and that big jam...I never understood the criticism of the Woodstock gig.  

'Fiercely' Lenny boy?

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I got a blind spot about that boy Hendrix, there's nothing he did that i don't rate :lol:

Do not take my word for it. In a book I got Eddie Kramer was describing woodstock as practically the worst show he'd ever heard Jimi play. He said the stuff he was recording was virtually unusable. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Do not take my word for it. In a book I got Eddie Kramer was describing woodstock as practically the worst show he'd ever heard Jimi play. He said the stuff he was recording was virtually unusable. 

Ive heard the same opinion a million other places but it sounds great to me, I seen that thing so many times i recognise people in the crowd :lol:

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Ive heard the same opinion a million other places but it sounds great to me, I seen that thing so many times i recognise people in the crowd :lol:

Have you watched The Stones at the Park and Jimi, Royal Albert videos a lot?

Crazy black guy doing gyrations in crowd. Same guy.

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Seen The Stones one a bit, Albert Hall video annoys me though, shit picture and weird random editing bollocks ruins it.

There is a three cd bootleg, excellent sound: rehearsals on one disc, both nights. The first night was ropey. The second night will require a change of underwear. Torrent - three blank compact discs - burn.

AFD era Guns 

All them 60s bands. Probably just cruise around  '65-'70 or so. Smoke pot and drop acid and shit, catch em all.

Stooges. Probably Sex Pistols too.

Johnny Cash. Preferably Folsom Prison or that early tour with Elvis and Jerry Lee. I'd catch a Hank Williams show at the Opry too.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Parliament-Funkadelic. One of those shows with the spaceship and shit.

Pantera w/Dimebag

Nirvana

Alice in Chains w/Layne

NWA. Straight Outta Compton tour

Pac

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

AFD era Guns 

All them 60s bands. Probably just cruise around  '65-'70 or so. Smoke pot and drop acid and shit, catch em all.

Johnny Cash. Preferably Folsom Prison or that early tour with Elvis and Jerry Lee. I'd catch a Hank Williams show at the Opry too.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Pantera w/Dimebag

Nirvana

Alice in Chains w/Layne

Pac

I saw Pantera in 94 and i think i still suffer from some sort of PTSD from it, absolutely pummeling experience. Would have loved to have seen AIC on the Dirt tour.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

I saw Pantera in 94 and i think i still suffer from some sort of PTSD from it, absolutely pummeling experience. Would have loved to have seen AIC on the Dirt tour.

I can imagine. I'd catch them somewhere around that time. Phil's voice was still good, and Dime is one of my heroes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J Dog said:

AFD era Guns 

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Pantera w/Dimebag

Nirvana

Alice in Chains w/Layne

Pac

that is an excellent list and i agree with almost all of them! great choices @J Dog

• Like 1