Slash's current "Rocket Queen" Solo

I actually said I hope things get better for you. Most hardcore fans are still holding out hope for an AFD reunion and time will tell. In the meantime, lots of people, myself included are enjoying something that didn't seem possible in any fashion a short time ago. Personally, I don't understand spending time criticizing and judging something that I am no longer into along with trying to persuade those that are enjoying it that they are wrong or "missed the boat" on the real thing. I got mine then and I will get after it until it doesn't satisfy and at that point I will move along. Sorry, I was a bit harsh as I am frustrated with reading posts like yours, you just got my vent. I hope somewhere down the road, they find your groove and pull you back in because it's a blast to have enough pieces of the band back for my personal satisfaction to find something I thought was lost.

4 hours ago, Drewdown said:

I actually said I hope things get better for you. Most hardcore fans are still holding out hope for an AFD reunion and time will tell. In the meantime, lots of people, myself included are enjoying something that didn't seem possible in any fashion a short time ago. Personally, I don't understand spending time criticizing and judging something that I am no longer into along with trying to persuade those that are enjoying it that they are wrong or "missed the boat" on the real thing. I got mine then and I will get after it until it doesn't satisfy and at that point I will move along. Sorry, I was a bit harsh as I am frustrated with reading posts like yours, you just got my vent. I hope somewhere down the road, they find your groove and pull you back in because it's a blast to have enough pieces of the band back for my personal satisfaction to find something I thought was lost.

your sorry is accepted, thanks. hopefully we can have nicer talk from now on

you jumped into a wrong conclusion thinking that I am no longer into GNR. they are my favorite band. I come here because I love GNR and I love talking GNR more than any other band. I am looking everyday for unreleased/uncirculated music from them. I feel like a kid when "new" stuff (Hollywood Rose, Rapidfire, solo stuff etc) gets into circulation. I am 100% sure that if Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven get together tomorrow in a room they will sound better than any other band in the planet. funny thing is that they dont seem to know that.

oh, and to make one last thing clear: i am not expecting an "AFD" reunion. i am expecting a GNR reunion. Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven. There is no reason whatsoever to call these five guys "AFD". Because they have chosen another name for themselves -- its Guns n Roses

15 hours ago, wasted said:

I saw some vid where the Slash solo on RQ was awesome. In fact RQ seems like the highlight song of the reunion shows. 

I agree, RQ live was definitely a (albeit surprising) highlight for me when I saw them live. Perfect length for my tastes for the jam and even Axl sounds pretty damn good on it.

57 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree, RQ live was definitely a (albeit surprising) highlight for me when I saw them live. Perfect length for my tastes for the jam and even Axl sounds pretty damn good on it.

For me it was the song I was looking forward to the most this reunion and ended up being the biggest let down.. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ludurigan said:

I am 100% sure that if Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven get together tomorrow in a room they will sound better than any other band in the planet. funny thing is that they dont seem to know that.

That's so true man. I just wish they would put all the issues and hunger for money behind and just rent a room, get the 5 of them together and fucking JAM. Axl could use his lower voice and they could do songs like ISE. If he can bring the rasp one more time, bring it on baby! Slash should tell Izzy there are more bands to rip off than Rolling Stones, Izzy could show Slash that speedy metal can give way to more melodic bluesy sounds. Duff can orchestrate everything like the badass he is and provide those punkish backing vocals to rocking tunes and then have Adler to add those swinging drums only he can provide. Critics would never be happy, there would be a lot of haters but I'm pretty sure they could create something magic. In a matter of days. They could write the greatest comeback rock album ever if they wanted to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

For me it was the song I was looking forward to the most this reunion and ended up being the biggest let down.. 

Well to each their own, I respect your opinion. For me I enjoy it because Axl actually pulls it off pretty well and I think the jam works, as we've already discussed. To be fair though, RQ was never a favorite of mine on AFD- I like a lot of the other Appetite songs better.

21 hours ago, maynard said:

That's so true man. I just wish they would put all the issues and hunger for money behind and just rent a room, get the 5 of them together and fucking JAM. Axl could use his lower voice and they could do songs like ISE. If he can bring the rasp one more time, bring it on baby! Slash should tell Izzy there are more bands to rip off than Rolling Stones, Izzy could show Slash that speedy metal can give way to more melodic bluesy sounds. Duff can orchestrate everything like the badass he is and provide those punkish backing vocals to rocking tunes and then have Adler to add those swinging drums only he can provide. Critics would never be happy, there would be a lot of haters but I'm pretty sure they could create something magic. In a matter of days. They could write the greatest comeback rock album ever if they wanted to.

exactly

in a matter of days!

I like it better the way they did it back in 88, when Steve & Duff would Jam for a bit, then Steve'd do a short drum-solo followed by Izzy joining in and then Slash doing his thing before the breakdown and the chorus. The Live Era version is cool too. I didn't care much for the 15 minute solo that he did when playing with Myles & The Conspirators, as the song loses too much momentum for my taste.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...