Is this the POSSIBLE perfect setlist?

So, I know this has been an issue since forever, or since this tour started...

Anyways my intention is not to dig deep cuts (yeah I know, I would kick out all CD songs and covers and insert Locomotive, Breakdown...etc etc)..

I was wondering if this could be the POSSIBLE - perfect setlist with the intention of satisfying every fan.. Even though if it would repeat every show, it would be quality choice...

Share your thoughts.. 

*POSSIBLE = obeying Axl

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

"Chinese Democracy"

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"Double Talkin' Jive"

"Better"

"Estranged"

"Live and Let Die" (Wings cover)

"Rocket Queen"   -    Shorten the solos - insert "Dead Horse"

"You Could Be Mine"

"You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory" intro (Johnny Thunders cover) / "Attitude" (Misfits cover) - ??? Axl needs rest, but I'd rather some "Think About You" or "Perfect Crime"

"This I Love"

"Civil War"

"Coma"

"Speak Softly, Love" (Love Theme from The Godfather, Slash guitar solo)

"Sweet Child o' Mine"

"Out ta Get Me"  -  STAPLE

"My Michelle"  - STAPLE

"Wish You Were Here" (Pink Floyd cover, Slash & Fortus guitar duet)  "Dust in the Wind" - Axl and Slash

"Layla" (coda) (Derek and the Dominos cover, instrumental with Axl on piano)  "It's Alright" by Axl

"November Rain"

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan cover) - 5 minute version - insert "Breakdown" or "Locomotive"

"Nightrain"

"Sorry"  "Yesterdays" /  "Used to Love Her"  (even though I would vote for Yesterdays as STAPLE cause Richard fucks up UTLH)

"Patience"  - STAPLE with "Wild Horses"  intro...

"The Seeker" (The Who cover)  "Don't Cry"  -  STAPLE

"Paradise City"

All in all... I know this is impossible for Axl to pull off, but if they managed at least half of that, that would be awesome!!!

• Like 3

I'd go 

Jungle

ISE

Brownstone

CD

LALD

OTGM

RQ

YCBM 

BETTER

DTJ

(Acoustic set)

Youre Crazy

Patience

Dead Flowers

CITR

November Rain

(end Acoustic) 

Civil War

SCOM

My Michelle 

KOHD Illusions version

Nightrain

encore:

Estranged/Dead Horse/Coma/rare Illusions track here

Dont Cry

Paradise City

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

I think they need to have DC/Patience in the regular set instead of rotating in the encore. Other than that, I think a lot of people are fine with Catcher/Sorry being rotated every few nights and throwing in Yesterdays/UTLH/MM. Though it wouldn't be the end of the world if they got rid of WYWH. 

On top of that, a majority of the people in attendance are only seeing it once and probably aren't following the streams like we do.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Anyways my intention is not to dig deep cuts (yeah I know, I would kick out all CD songs and covers and insert Locomotive, Breakdown...etc etc)..

I was wondering if this could be the POSSIBLE - perfect setlist with the intention of satisfying every fan.. Even though if it would repeat every show, it would be quality choice...

Share your thoughts.. 

*POSSIBLE = obeying Axl

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

"Chinese Democracy"

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"Double Talkin' Jive"

"Better"

"Estranged"

"You Could Be Mine"

"You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory" intro (Johnny Thunders cover) / "Attitude" (Misfits cover) - ??? Axl needs rest, but I'd rather some "Think About You" or "Perfect Crime"

"This I Love"

"Civil War"

"Coma"

"Sweet Child o' Mine"

"My Michelle"  - STAPLE

"Wish You Were Here" (Pink Floyd cover, Slash & Fortus guitar duet)  "Dust in the Wind" - Axl and Slash

"Layla" (coda) (Derek and the Dominos cover, instrumental with Axl on piano)  "It's Alright" by Axl

"November Rain"

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan cover) - 5 minute version - insert "Breakdown" or "Locomotive"

"Nightrain"

"Sorry"  "Yesterdays" /  "Used to Love Her"  (even though I would vote for Yesterdays as STAPLE cause Richard fucks up UTLH)

"Paradise City"

All in all... I know this is impossible for Axl to pull off, but if they managed at least half of that, that would be awesome!!!

I'd love to hear the alternate version of Don't Cry.

This I Love remix that Melissa worked on, a third AC/DC cover replacing Seeker, a Metallica/Megadeath/Gaga mashup to be on trend, Be the Ball, Drum solo, and why don't they play anything by Love Spit Love?!?

Just having fun, I could go for any of the set list suggested above.  It would be nice to have it changed up.  But its all fun and games until somebody sincerely suggests Sentimental Movie!

I get what OP is saying, and pretty much agree. There are always going to be those, especially on a fan forum, being like nah open with nightrain and play one in a million!

But i think based on the current tour, and being realistic, the setlist in the OP is the best we could possibly hope for. If that was tonight's set in melbourne, for example, we'd lose our shit. 

• Like 1

There is no perfect set list people just want see change. You can radically change the set list but if you then repeat play it it would get boring. 

I think they need a wild card track each set. Where they play a deep cut. Then do a few switcheroos. Like open with Nightrain sometimes. 

But ultimately that will be just to keep the internet happy who arent even at the shows. But there is now a real youtube following that base whether they go to shows or continue to go based on the set list. If GNR want to continue touring they might have change some things. 

Locomotive is never going to be played, though. Axl just doesn't have the voice for it - that song has 3 main vocals going on at the same time and that dreaded mid-range is one of them. Trying to scream it is only going to hurt his voice and using his ISE/Brownstone voice on it just won't have the explosive effect required for that song. As for The fuckin' Seeker (which I've now grown quite fond of, sue me) - the band love the song and have a blast performing it, so it's not going anywhere. I highly doubt they're going to play Dead Horse, Perfect Crime and Slither, too (but I do pray for it before I go to bed :P).

1. The General Instrumental / Looney Tunes / McBob intro
  2. It's So Easy
  3. Mr. Brownstone
  4. Welcome to the Jungle
  5. Double Talkin' Jive
  6. Live And Let Die
  7. Estranged
  8. Chinese Democracy
  9. Better
  10. Rocket Queen
  11. Catcher In The Rye / Sorry / TWAT
  12. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
  13. [DUFF] New Rose / Attitude / So Fine
  14. Out Ta Get Me
  15. You're Crazy (Lies)
  16. Nice Boys / Whole Lotta Rosie
  17. This I Love / Madagascar
  18. Coma / Perect crime / Dead Horse
  19. [SLASH] Blues Jam
  20. Sweet Child O' Mine
  21. My Michelle 
  22. Civil War
  23. [FORTUS/SLASH] Wish You Were Here/Dust in the Wind
  24. (It's Alright intro) November Rain
  25. Nightrain
  26. *encore* Mama Kin / Down On The Farm / Riff Raff
  27. (Wild Horses intro) Patience / Don't Cry
  28. Yesterdays / 14 Years
  29. Paradise City

With great difficulty I have come up with this. I don't think it's so far fetched for Axl to rehearse these songs and play whichever he feels like/feels capable of.

22 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Share your thoughts.. 

*POSSIBLE = obeying Axl

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

"Chinese Democracy"

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"Double Talkin' Jive"

"Better"

"Estranged"

"You Could Be Mine"

"This I Love"

"Civil War"

"Coma"

"Sweet Child o' Mine"

"My Michelle"  - STAPLE

"November Rain"

"Nightrain"

"Paradise City"

Stick to your tokyo dvds if you want a use your illusion setlist.

23 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Share your thoughts.. 

*POSSIBLE = obeying Axl

"It's So Easy"

"Mr. Brownstone"

"Chinese Democracy"

"Welcome to the Jungle"

"Double Talkin' Jive"

"Better"

"Estranged"

"You Could Be Mine"

"This I Love"

"Civil War"

"Coma"

"Sweet Child o' Mine"

"My Michelle"  - STAPLE

"November Rain"

"Nightrain"

"Paradise City"

Cool post bro,,,good setlist..

Let's pray...eventualy Dexter take a look on it...

Edited by auad
  • Like 1

1. Welcome To The Jungle
  2. It's So Easy
  3. Chinese Democracy
  4. Mr. Brownstone
  5. Live And Let Die
  6. Double Talkin' Jive
  7. Rocket Queen
  8. Estranged
  9. There Was A Time
  10. You Could Be Mine
  11. Civil War
  12. Coma
  13. This I Love
  14. Think About You
  15. Sweet Child O' Mine
  16. November Rain
  17. Yesterdays
  18. 14 Years
  19. Dust N' Bones
  20. Knocking On Heaven's Door
  21. Nightrain
  23. Better
  24. Don't Cry
  25. Patience
  26. Paradise City

Perfect setlist. No bullshit.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:47 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Any setlist containing CD songs can't be perfect.. Never mind three of them That is the biggest issue with the set list for a lot of people. 

it's my issue too. count me in with a lot of people. axl's solo project songs should be cut out completely from the setlist. this is Guns N' FuckiN' Roses not JV hour

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

it's my issue too. count me in with a lot of people. axl's solo project songs should be cut out completely from the setlist. this is Guns N' FuckiN' Roses not JV hour

I'd prefer none but I don't mind one or two I guess and just switch them up.. 3 or 4 is ridiculous.. Could give a shit at the moment though. Kind of disgusted with the band right now

On 2/16/2017 at 6:19 AM, Silent Jay said:
  1. Welcome To The Jungle
  2. It's So Easy
  3. Chinese Democracy
  4. Mr. Brownstone
  5. Live And Let Die
  6. Double Talkin' Jive
  7. Rocket Queen
  8. Estranged
  9. There Was A Time
  10. You Could Be Mine
  11. Civil War
  12. Coma
  13. This I Love
  14. Think About You
  15. Sweet Child O' Mine
  16. November Rain
  17. Yesterdays
  18. 14 Years
  19. Dust N' Bones
  20. Knocking On Heaven's Door
  21. Nightrain
  23. Better
  24. Don't Cry
  25. Patience
  26. Paradise City

Perfect setlist. No bullshit.

I would add My Michelle to #22...but other than that, great setlist!