Great Success of GNR inspired Metallica

41 minutes ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Great success Not in this liftime tour in North America inspired Metallica for first stadium tour in NA...I think It will be half soldout venues-stadiums,as we know Mmetallica had trouble to soldout arenas in States in past...

According to who?

3 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Great success Not in this liftime tour in North America inspired Metallica for first stadium tour in NA...I think It will be half soldout venues-stadiums,as we know Mmetallica had trouble to soldout arenas in States in past...

I agree with most of what you stated here, but Metallica was wise enough to package this tour with A7F, a band I can't stand but appears the have some metal/rock credibility and Volbeat, who I  know nothing of, which on the surface gives the tour more bang fro the buck. If not for the packaging the I agree that metallica would be hard pressed to sell stadiums. Im sure the promoters of this tour saw what GNR did and packaged t for stadiums. also, james wants to play less shows due to health concerns so the stadium leg makes more sense.

4 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

wut

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Lol, I dont think GNR inspired anything. 

It all comes down to that Metallica hasnt done a US tour in a long time. It was time for them to do it is all. they picked a relatively famous metal band as support and Volbeat who are pretty decent. They'll do very well. 

I wish the Metallica tour was coming to my town!  But I doubt I'll travel to see them. With regards to OP, I can definitely imagine that NITL success certainly assures the industry that now is a good time for Metallica to return to NA.  Plus a refreshing new album, of course.

I think OP is getting at the idea of maybe Metallica thought "Hey, if GN'R is selling out stadiums, we may as well give it a shot too since we haven't toured the states in almost a decade, and we've got the new album out."

I thought the same thing. It definitely could have crossed their minds and peaked the idea. Whether or not they can sell them out remains to be seen in a week or so, but them having Avenged Sevenfold will certainly help regardless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Avenged Sevenfold is the shit. Been a fan for a long time, and saw them first time in Nottingham last month. Wish they toured with GNR, they suit more.

saw Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine as opening act when GN'R played in Sweden 2006. They have some good songs yes!

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I'm dreading trying to get a ticket for Metallica, I'm worried I'll miss out. 

Do the CitiCard pre-sale. Use the code 412800 and use Amex Express or Visa Checkout to pay if you don't have a CitiCard. That's what I did for two shows I got GA tickets for yesterday and two of the shows I got tickets for still have GA available even.

• Like 1

I think that if your on the fence about going you should go .You will not regret it .Ive seen Metallica numerous times live over the years .The first time as a 14 year kid kid when they opened for Ozzy and was completely blown away in 1986.Seen them just this past Sunday at the Palladium and they were fantastic .There music was meant to be heard live 

Man, I would love to go see Metallica with A7X.  Where I am at, they are playing at the Rose Bowl and they got Gojira supporting (a band that gets praise from bands like Metallica and A7X and I hear they are pretty good.  Their latest album Magma was good, albeit it sounded a bit depressing and moody, but the playing was strong.)  I'll see if I can get the funds to get the tickets depending on where I am at in the job front.

This tour will sell well.  Latest album was a success in the charts, haven't done an NA tour in 8 years, strong support from good-to-great modern bands.  The NITL tour didn't really have too much, if any, influence on Metallica's future touring plans.

i dont think metallica as a band said hey lets do like gnr but i dont doubt for a second that the promoters are riding the gnr wave and figured that a lot of ppl would do both shows. they booked the exact same venue as gnr in montreal exactly one month before gnr. to the day... theyre riding the coat tails... ill probably end up going though cuz they are a kick ass band

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You really don't like Metallica at all? Why is that? Who are your top bands? I'm just curious more than anything.

Top of head no rhyme or reason/order- Guns - Jovi- Maiden- Sammy Hagar - Poison- Crue- Def- Zep- Baz- Dio- Journey- Warrant- Aerosmith - Van Halen- I could go on.   Ratt.  Scorps.  Alice.   Queen. AC/DC.   

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of Metallica either. Just not my music, like most of Heavy Metal in general. I would say Black Sabbath and some Motörhead stuff is the hardest kind of music I like.

I even rejected to go to their show when the big 4 toured a stadium 5 miles away from my home and a buddy offered me tickets.

Edited by Free Bird

22 hours ago, Original said:

Top of head no rhyme or reason/order- Guns - Jovi- Maiden- Sammy Hagar - Poison- Crue- Def- Zep- Baz- Dio- Journey- Warrant- Aerosmith - Van Halen- I could go on.   Ratt.  Scorps.  Alice.   Queen. AC/DC.   

great list! i would add Black Sabbath and Ozzy  :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose