About Axl's performances

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Does anyone have any idea what Axl is chewing on to start this show...

1:57 you see him chewing and he has whatever it is in his mouth the whole performance. I imagine it's something for his throat...but it's interesting for one that he can sing with it and two what it does 

Did in the first show in April too

12 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Does anyone have any idea what Axl is chewing on to start this show...

1:57 you see him chewing and he has whatever it is in his mouth the whole performance. I imagine it's something for his throat...but it's interesting for one that he can sing with it and two what it does 

Just chewing gum. It's good for keeping moisture in the throat.

Also, after Hells Bells on the Philly show Axl mentions that he's only allowed to have ice water after Hells Bells. He's obviously joking about being "allowed" but it's interesting to see that he's fully aware and concious about what's good and bad for his voice. Especially for demanding AC/DC material. Probably explains why he's so good at times and lacking in others.

When he's sticking to doing everything right he's unstoppable, when he cuts corners the cracks show. I think it's simply a matter of discipline.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AlexC said:

Just chewing gum. It's good for keeping moisture in the throat.

Also, after Hells Bells on the Philly show Axl mentions that he's only allowed to have ice water after Hells Bells. He's obviously joking about being "allowed" but it's interesting to see that he's fully aware and concious about what's good and bad for his voice. Especially for demanding AC/DC material. Probably explains why he's so good at times and lacking in others.

When he's sticking to doing everything right he's unstoppable, when he cuts corners the cracks show. I think it's simply a matter of discipline.

Cool insight thanks! 

Throughout his career he's made remarks regarding the prepping or care of his voice, but I wonder if the demand is too much for the care. 

Either way he's clearly been planning a long run with Guns and AC/DC had its own demands, but it's nice to see the guy excercise these techniques to hopefully keep his voice in shape for the long run. 

My ultimate thing is eventually we will get a pro shot or live concert/tv appearance....I'm fine with Mickey like performance that we've been seeing at concerts with GNR Bc everyone still loves the show, however we all know when it comes to show time in front of a national or global audience Axl has been slacking and often his concert performances are better than what he puts on during a recorded performance...I hope that changes, all this goodwill and this great tour, and all the momentum of non issues they have had will go out the window if we get a repeat of Rock in Rio 11...Axl will once again be laughed at and a punch line. He's worked too hard in my opinion to let it slip away on one bad performance...he needs to find that second gear that he carries with AC/DC and bring it to Guns. 

I must be about the only forum member who couldn't give one iota of a shit what Axl does with Ac/Dc??? ?

The acdc favourites are just good rock songs that I enjoy, but I have no real attachment to that band, the catalogue, the history or anything that is going on with that band right now. 

Axl by all accounts did the shows great service and I'm happy for him and that band, but like I said I'm not interested in it at all. 

Id much rather enjoy what's left of this tour through Europe and Rock in Rio and keep my fingers crossed that they do something in the studio or give AFD its dues and do a small 5 leg show (or something similar) to commemorate 30 years etc. 

quite frankly, if Axl was to go and work on a new album with acdc before doing a new album with slash and duff I'd be pretty pissed. Considering I think this is the last big chance to do it. 

As always, before I get torn apart on here, this just my opinion. ?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

I must be about the only forum member who couldn't give one iota of a shit what Axl does with Ac/Dc??? ?

The acdc favourites are just good rock songs that I enjoy, but I have no real attachment to that band, the catalogue, the history or anything that is going on with that band right now. 

Axl by all accounts did the shows great service and I'm happy for him and that band, but like I said I'm not interested in it at all. 

Id much rather enjoy what's left of this tour through Europe and Rock in Rio and keep my fingers crossed that they do something in the studio or give AFD its dues and do a small 5 leg show (or something similar) to commemorate 30 years etc. 

quite frankly, if Axl was to go and work on a new album with acdc before doing a new album with slash and duff I'd be pretty pissed. Considering I think this is the last big chance to do it. 

I wouldn't have cared if he wasn't so damn good with Angus and company 

55 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Cool insight thanks! 

Throughout his career he's made remarks regarding the prepping or care of his voice, but I wonder if the demand is too much for the care. 

Either way he's clearly been planning a long run with Guns and AC/DC had its own demands, but it's nice to see the guy excercise these techniques to hopefully keep his voice in shape for the long run. 

My ultimate thing is eventually we will get a pro shot or live concert/tv appearance....I'm fine with Mickey like performance that we've been seeing at concerts with GNR Bc everyone still loves the show, however we all know when it comes to show time in front of a national or global audience Axl has been slacking and often his concert performances are better than what he puts on during a recorded performance...I hope that changes, all this goodwill and this great tour, and all the momentum of non issues they have had will go out the window if we get a repeat of Rock in Rio 11...Axl will once again be laughed at and a punch line. He's worked too hard in my opinion to let it slip away on one bad performance...he needs to find that second gear that he carries with AC/DC and bring it to Guns. 

Nah if this next Rock in Rio performance is fully recorded professionally he'll sound ace. It's right at the end of a two leg tour. Plus I think that we'll be getting some sort of live Axl/DC release which will get lots of press coverage and he'll get rave reviews.

Its all good on the Axl front these days. :)

54 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

But... but Axl singing Thunderstruck though. It's like, the greatest thing ever.

• 2 months later...

Actually listened to a lot the past 2 shows. Axl's voice is weak as shit, he either didn't practice at all while off or if he did, he is clearly losing his voice. Either way, it absolutely dectracts from the enjoyment, coupled with the absolute silence regarding media and fans, no position on new music and more arena dates being announced in the US.

I dare anybody to listen to this TWAT from Slane  (video below) and sustain that it's not even good, but decent, listenable. This would seriously get booed at a karaoke, and Axl was nailing that shit back in 2014 after what was probably the weakest NuGNR tour.

I know he will probably sound better a few shows in, but Axl seriously needs to stop and put his vocal delivery under scrutiny. Sit down with a vocal coach, try new techniques, tune down the songs, whatever it takes to get him close to his former self or at the very least prevent him from sounding worse than any cover singer on some of his on material.

Everybody saw what he brought to the table with AC/DC, there is no reason we - or Axl himself for that matter - should settle for this, in such a big stage, and at such hefty prices. Now try to suffer through it:

• Like 1