Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators - Appreciation Thread

Ralphelmo

They are fantastic if it comes to playing songs in way they were written. And by that I mean 'note by note' fantastic... Not just GNR/VR/Snakepit catalogue:

MISSISSIPPI QUEEN

BURN

CRAZY TRAIN

MAGIC CARPET RIDE

SIMPLE MAN

HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY (GOIN' BACK TO BIRMINGHAM)

There's also Hey Joe, School's Out, Communication Breakdown or Immigrant Song and many more. I don't say it's hard to play note by note. But it seems very rare nowadays, I respect rockstars who are humble enough to pay the tribute to classic songs. That's why I don't like the way AFD was played during noSLASHnoDUFFjustAXLgnrERA.

• Like 3

Great thread, I love those guys. Slash put such a killer band together! Many people don't like it at all which is respectable but I totally love them and I hope I'll get to hear more music from them and also see them live many more times!

12 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I love Myles's voice so much in this, especially this version they did at Conan's show from which I can't find video 

Here ya' go! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x158m0t_slash-myles-kennedy-nothing-left-to-fear-live-conan-o-brien-26-09-2013_music

Edited by BorderlineCrazy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I love Myles's voice so much in this, especially this version they did at Conan's show from which I can't find video 

This is awesome and the live version really impressive.

I didn't manage to get a physical cd or lp of the soundtrack. Never found it.

• 1 month later...

I miss Slash/Myles & the Conspirators because I miss continually getting new music from Slash.

That was a golden age for fans of his from 2010 through 2015 with 3 new albums and all the touring.

I eagerly waited 20+ years for Slash and Axl to get back together, but seeing that happen at the expense of getting new music from Slash has put a huge damper on my GNR enthusiasm now that it is clear we are never getting new music from them, or at best Slash cutting and pasting parts on top of old music.

Myles was a Godsend for Slash as it gave him a chance to finally play out of the GNR catalog when it had otherwise been 20 years in the Wilderness for those who wanted to hear Slash play that stuff.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Naupis said:

I miss Slash/Myles & the Conspirators because I miss continually getting new music from Slash.

That was a golden age for fans of his from 2010 through 2015 with 3 new albums and all the touring.

I eagerly waited 20+ years for Slash and Axl to get back together, but seeing that happen at the expense of getting new music from Slash has put a huge damper on my GNR enthusiasm now that it is clear we are never getting new music from them, or at best Slash cutting and pasting parts on top of old music.

And yet parts of this forum never really appreciates what this Slash/Myles/Conspirators brought in their stuff.  It's always like "It's too cock rock.  OMG Myles sucks as a vocalist with his screeching cat voice.  He'll never sing like Axl or have 1/100th of the stage presence that Axl brings.  He keep butchering the GNR songs. STOP IT!  WHEN'S The GNR Reunion!!!" and etc.

Those kinds of comments really frustrates me, but not those that posts in the Slash subforum here and creates and post threads like these.  You guys are all right.

As for wanting Slash and Co to come back again.  I don't know.  They always kill it live and can bring a solid 8/10-ish studio album, and play those songs live really well, but in terms of enthusiasm with regards to anything Myles does.  Working with Slash again is not that exciting to me compared to the potential of releasing a solo album or continuing touring with Alter Bridge now (which they lacked horribly in the Fortress tour, due to Slash's solo stuff creating that conflict in scheduling).

Edited by Anguyen92

• 1 month later...

I was hoping for acoustic 'Hunger Strike' played by Myles during last AB gig but they dedicated 'Blackbird' instead. 

Sounds great

And this (2006), 5:00 - to the end sounds really great (that rasp!). I wish Myles used his grunge voice (Citizen Swing).

Edited by Ralphelmo

• 4 weeks later...
On 16.6.2017 at 4:14 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I'm watching Live In Sydney right now and this band blows away Guns N Roses right now.. They play the Guns songs so much better.. I'm watching Sweet Child O Mine and Frank and Fitz get it... The rhythm section is so good.. Imagine this sound with Axl?  

I don't even care much about Fortus in the live shows. Yes he overdoes it at times like during the first Nightrain solo, which should be much more laid back and like almost everytime he steps to the lead guitar he is annoying, but overall I don't mind if he plays rhythm. Of course I would like to have Izzy instead but as long as they're just touring I don't mind Fortus at all. He's there and while he's playing his rhythm parts he doesn't affect the sound in a bad way.

Frank on the other hand is disturbing. He's drumming like a mashine but even out of time at times. It lacks soul. He's good enough for a coverband or a garage band but it's not enough for a world class act. It's obvious Axl sticking to Frank is more of a political than a musical decision.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...