GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

56 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why is it that a person who made a mistake in their lives, like getting into drugs or alcohol, immediately become liars and not credible but someone who's got cancer would never be doubted in their opinions, sayings and comments?

Having a stroke affects your moral? Your beliefs? Your personality?

Wow. Just wow.

This is how this world of prejudice makes people like Steven Adler become enraged and alienated. Because no matter how many days or years the guy gets cleaned. No matter how much he tries to regain a normal life and tries to get out of the deep black hole, there are comments like this from people like this who will never give a second chance to anyone.

Or until it happens to someone in their family or themselves.

Steven's personality and behavior is not any more questionable than Axl's or Slash or Izzy's. Even Duff was a major asshole back in the day. They all have their flaws and some of them have done worse things than taking drugs. However, Steven is the only one who "gets the corn". Why is that? Is it because it took him more time to get out of his addiction? Is it because he's just a drummer? Is it because he hasn't accomplished much with his career?

What about Axl? After Steven, Axl comes close to having a poor career, with only one album released with his version of GN'R. An album that didn't live up to the previous ones. He was stale for a long time, touring somewhat successfully for a decade, using the name of a band he started but he didn't make great by his own and solely talent.

How do we know Steven wouldn't be able to keep his shit together for an entire tour if we never gave him the chance? :shrugs:

His health problems are just the perfect excuse, for the band and for some fans, to say that Steven can't do it. In my opinion, after putting pieces of information together, Izzy and Steven will not return permanently to GNR because Axl Rose, who is the owner of GNR, doesn't want to them in the line up. They both left/got kicked out a long time ago and he moved on with his own version of GN'R until he couldn't do it anymore, due to financial reasons and the fact that his version of GN'R  eventually imploded.

I can't say if Steven is lying or not about what was the first arrangement he did with the band to play a lot more songs per show than what he ended up doing. To me it's hard to believe something like this was proposed or accepted by Axl, but it seems like he's unaware of a lot of things, so maybe someone made arrangements to have Steven convinced of playing more songs and then Axl found out and unmade the arrangements.

All in all, Steven sounded pretty calmed in this interview and coherent and I can't see none of the UTTER BULLSHIT I've had to read in this thread about him. Brain damaged my ass <_<

This guy is healthier than a lot of people here... Just because he has a problem in his speech that doesn't make him mentally handicapped or comparable to a 5 years old child. He's fitter than some fatasses in the band and he's got a lot of energy and positive vibes.

I am grateful for being lucky (something that avoids me like the pest) of having seen him playing with the other three originals at the River Plate shows in Buenos Aires. He was cheered up and welcomed by an audience who appreciated his guest appearance much more than anyone else.

Rock on Steven and have a great life! :headbang:

Agreed, but Izzy left 'cause Izzy left. In the interview with Duff and Axl that I saw, Axl said that's how Izzy was and he didn't mean anything by it in saying that; they've been friends for like fifteen, twenty years now?

7 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

C5Ew4rjWEAAufK4.jpg

Awww Duff. They seemed to have had a great time in Adelaide. Great smiles, a scared Slash...love it! :heart:

Duff's smile is awesome. And Slash looking directly back at him. It puts all those recent Steven-interview related doubts and rants about how much a money grabbing thing the reunion to shame. So glad to see it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, blonde_illusion said:

Agreed, but Izzy left 'cause Izzy left. In the interview with Duff and Axl that I saw, Axl said that's how Izzy was and he didn't mean anything by it in saying that; they've been friends for like fifteen, twenty years now?

That's why I said "left/got kicked out".

Of course I know Izzy left.

Yes, Axl said that and Izzy said another thing.

I don't know if they are still friends or not. Looks to me they've become more like acquaintances for the last 20 years.

That's just my impression. Not that I know anything.

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Duff's smile is awesome. And Slash looking directly back at him. It puts all those recent Steven-interview related doubts and rants about how much a money grabbing thing the reunion to shame. So glad to see it.

Slash and Duff have been friends and partners for a long time. This relationship matured and got stronger when they were away from GN'R.

I don't see how anyone can doubt the relationship between Slash and Duff.

Now Duff, Slash and Axl. That's a different story.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't know if they are still friends or not. Looks to me they've become more like acquaintances for the last 20 years.

That's true, considering how Axl is and who he surrounds himself with.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

True :unsure:

But at least its more than tht since Izzy's Mom gave a christmas gift for Axl

11 minutes ago, Alja said:

Me I also had period when I was watching GNR interviews and things. By the way, it was surprise for me is that Slash was able to survive his heart arrest without ending up similar or gazing to the ceiling in a nursing home fed by tube.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from but many people can have strokes, heart attacks or go into cardiac arrest without having brain damage. Hell, I've seen people who have had strokes and didn't even realize until they had a echocardiogram done. I think the percentage is around 65% of people who had strokes are unaware that it even happened. It all depends on the severity of the stroke. I'm not trying to question your experience with your nursing home patients but a lot of the info you're posting is incorrect.

@Alja

Welcome to the thread. Your texts are insightful and interesting.

But I'd like to disagree - or express some doubt. My concern is due to respect, I have no expertise or knowledge in neurology at all. I just don't feel comfortable about assuming someone has a brain damage or not. To me it is a matter of respect. For some people assuming this might be equivalent to other discussions about eg Axls psychological health, his relationships etc. But brain damage to me is something else. Of course having a damaged brain by stroke or whatever reason does not affects the life's worth of that person. But assuming brain damage to someone without being in the position doesn't feel right to me.

As you say, you don't know Steven. In all workfields of medical expertise or in care, you can or should not diagnose someone with something without personal, individual examination. I wouldn't find it respectful to either the said person nor expertise. Sorry, just my 2 cents.

All in all I would go with "Steven might not be as resilient and strong as he himself thinks to be. Maybe the other acknowloedged this at rehearsal und thus agreed to not have him as a drummer. Maybe because of something completely different." 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, dgnr said:

Let's leave this here, ok? The Slaxl lives :wub: And Slash's reaction is so funny :rofl-lol:

THAT'S THE STUFF!!!  :wub::wub::wub:

As I said, The Slaxl is real, it's the things that tie them together now that are different.

@killuridols To be fair, pretty much all we do in this thread is make assumptions, and in Steven's case it's not that far-fetched. But I don't want to get into this topic, too troublesome. :lol:

@Rocketqueen76 Why are you posting these songs? Just curious.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

But we don't know him..we don't interact with him daily. The fact is strokes CAN cause permanent brain damage..this was just a postulation by someone based on their experience with working in this area..it is no more "utter bullshit" than us theorizing about Axl's behavioural patterns throughout the years which we have done here many times. And the comment about Steven had no connection whatsoever to his speech problem.

Also, you can get your point across without alienating new posters.

Yes. Actually we don't know personally any of them nor interact daily with any of them, so.... your point?

Strokes can cause a lot of things but at the same time not everybody who gets a stroke will have their whole persona changed. Steven also said he had a mild stroke that is what has affected his speech. We don't know what other physical or psychological consequences this had on him and it's very hard to "guess" a personality change through a radio interview.

IMO, he sounds pretty coherent, pretty clear in his mind. He has responded every question made by the interviewer and the whole conversation flows smooth. He makes jokes and at the same time tries to be objective with his ex-bandmates. Please enlighten me how this can be labeled as brain damage or childish behavior.

Also, it's sad to see a person in medicine using some expressions and descriptions to describe children, like every child is a brat or irascible.

Each person here is responsible for what they say or type. I don't take responsability for what other people post. I am responsible for my own words and yes, we can give OPINIONS on a lot of things, including our perceptions on the behavior of the band members. But it's very different to come here to diagnose someone and make determining statements like what was posted before. No serious doctor or person working in medicine would EVER risk themselves and their reputation by diagnosing someone else online. This is very irresponsible and unethical. So whether someone here is a doctor or not, and they do such thing, they won't have my respect and I will call on their BS if I have to.

As for alienating posters... lol..... everyone reacts the way they want and if they want to alienate themselves that's their problem and they are wasting their time with me because this is how I am, have always been and will not change.

42 minutes ago, Alja said:

Me I also had period when I was watching GNR interviews and things. By the way, it was surprise for me is that Slash was able to survive his heart arrest without ending up similar or gazing to the ceiling in a nursing home fed by tube. That guy has insanely good karma or whatever (because usually it does not work and you are lucky if you die in short time). I (later) made fiends with people brain damaged so severely that at first colleagues told me that I go nuts about cadavers. They made it back to life. I am still really protective towards them, but I also know what difficulties it brings. One is my childhood friend so I can see also interpersonal dynamics in our mutual friends. Like he wants to rejoin us in some activities which he did before but now does not get it. Sometimes he is all into it and does not take in count that he has like paralyzed hand (he is by the way calm, coherent and you can have normal conversation with him. Just sometimes he goes enthusiastic and comes with really, really unrealistic blown up visions about his abilities and future). There is thin balance between letting him be happy with activities and old friends like nothing ever happened (we also grew up and changed) and be functional as a collective in long-term goals. Major source of frustration in these people is that something which was easy to do before now demands effort they needed for peak performance.

As a first advice, it'd be very helpful if you drastically reduce the length of your comments because they are hard to read due to some limitations in your grammar and also these personal stories don't seem to add up much to the conversation.

I'm sorry about that friend of yours and it's only logical that people who once were fully functional get frustrated when they can't do certain things anymore. However, there are plenty of examples everywhere of people with different levels of disability who have defied the laws of logic and their own bodies. People who are missing a leg, the two legs or their arms and they have become athletes and won prizes in competitions.

Have you heard of Stephen Hawking? He's got motor neurone disease YET he's one of the most brilliant minds in this world.

Sometimes you have to help people overcome their fears and they can do it all. I think it would help your friend very much if you and the other friends would try to adapt to him for a change. Inclusion with love is the best you can do for him.

53 minutes ago, Alja said:

Axl maintains enigmatic for me. Uncommon kind of high intelligence is both gift and cruse. Even if it does not come with volatile, emotional nature. Axl lives in his kind of hard-mode life. 

As far as I know, we don't have an IQ test of Axl to be so determining when saying he has an "uncommon kind of high intelligence". A lot of people assume he's above average intelligence but I really don't know based on what exactly.

8 minutes ago, nonok said:

@killuridols To be fair, pretty much all we do in this thread is make assumptions, and in Steven's case it's not that far-fetched. But I don't want to get into this topic, too troublesome.

I know and I REPEAT. I am only responsible for what I say and the rest of people should do the same. But please, we all should also learn to distinguish between OPINION and FACT.

Steven's interview with Mitch Lafon sounds normal to me. I fail to see the so-called brain damage and even if he had some because of drugs or the stroke he had, I also don't see how this can affect someone's moral or feelings.

21 hours ago, dgnr said:

And Slash's reaction is so funny :rofl-lol:

Slaxl , yiss. I love how Axl grabs Slash and hold on for a little bit, while Slash is laughing and trying to escape in a playful way.  This is probably one of of the best Slash and Axl moments on this tour.:heart:

Thanks for posting this @dgnr  , they're so cute :hug:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

IMG_0736.jpgIMG_0735.jpg

I've seen so many pictures of Axl with fans from this one particular day.  The question is though, what did the guy in the HBO shirt say to make him smile.;)

I don't know where I read it, but I did read somewhere that the guy told Axl that he saved AC/DC.. so I guess as long as you talk about either Slash or AC/DC to him, he'll smile. Not sure what I think about that, but anyway, Good tip for if any of us ever meet him! lol.

• Like 3

Alright ladies at the risk of sounding like I'm diagnosing Steven (heaven forbid the mere thought of it) Fact: that he suffered a slight speech impediment due to his stroke, indicates at least some mild brain damage. The altering of one of his cognitive skills was not due to some kind of muscle failure....it's our brains that control how we walk, talk, read, write, think and so forth. Just because one can't see the damage doesn't mean it's not there. He might not have had the stamina to last a tour that's essentially turning out to be as long as the illusions tour and everyone involved was just being sensible about it.

• Like 4