GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

59 minutes ago, Frey said:

Honestly, I've been wondering the same.

Granted, I don't know shit about AC/DC, but from what I've gathered it's extremely out of character for Angus to be acting the way he is with Axl (being so affectionate, flowers, surprises, gifts, guest appearances, etc.). Maybe he really does have some paternal feeling for Axl or something, weird as it would be. Or he really wants him to stick around for future AC/DC stuff or other projects (please no).

I can't say I know so much about AC/DC either, but the guess is that Axl brought something rejuvenating that motivates Angus to keep on going, considering that he is 61 years old and the difficult times he's been going through lately with his band falling apart and especially his brother's dementia. Some people think that maybe Axl has some traits that remind Angus of the late Bon Scott. Others say that Angus and Axl have things in common, like that they are both introverts. Maybe also the "father-son" thing that @Whiskey Rose pointed out has something to do.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

ohhh, that's a good question! I bet he doesn't know, or care to know, jack shit. And is just taking Axl at face value, as he is right now. Maybe why they get along so well!

And from interviews Axl seems to have a lot of respect for Angus, so maybe it is a mutual respect for each other. ;)

Anyway, I love it! 

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

AND that lucky person in the audience has their hand JUST where I want mine to be!:takethat: 

Wow had to really look at that on my phone ..but I see what you mean and totally agree...:P

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Do you think Angus has googled Axl? I've been wondering this, he surely must have done or someone who works for him, seeing as Axl's reputation precedes him. 

You would think he'd wonder why Axl is so hated and ridiculed, by many.

What Im getting at is, when you dig into Axl's past you don't have to dig far for a hell of a lot of horrible things he's done to turn up. I wonder if Angus knows these things, and it just doesn't bother him because he genuinely seems to like Axl or maybe Axl has talked to him about them, or Angus does not know at all. 

Im sure part of Angus' motive is because he wants Axl for his own band. 

I saw a picture of GNR getting off the plane in Perth. Axl, Slash and Duff were getting off almost together (there was Beta and body guards too) but they obviously must've all been sat int he same part of the plane. Slash carrying his guitar, I so hope Axl's been listening to him coming up with riffs, please please :unsure:

Ill wait a while for response if the Steven discussion is still going on by the time I can post this. :) 

No idea, but Angus strikes me as the kind of guy who probably likes to form his own opinions about people. He comes across as so stoical and calm to me most of the time, like a guy who's seen everything and just wants to sit and drink his tea or something lol. I can't really picture him spending too much time googling the people around him.

And yeah, I really hope Slash messes around with his guitar while in Axl's presence sometimes :lol:

20 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Oh no, do you think so? I have a feeling it would be a little bit healthier..Angus doesn't "need" Axl..oh wait, maybe he does?! Oh God :P

Ah, I just meant in terms of Axl having parental figures/relationships with people that are not much older than him. Beta is a couple of years older than Axl and yet she's his mom, and Angus is only a couple of years older than Axl as well. I wasn't really making a comment on how healthy (or not) that relationship would be :lol:

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I can't say I know so much about AC/DC either, but the guess is that Axl brought something rejuvenating that motivates Angus to keep on going, considering that he is 61 years old and the difficult times he's been through lately with his band falling apart and especially his brother's dementia. Some people think that maybe Axl has some traits that remind Angus of the late Bon Scott. Others say that Angus and Axl have things in common, like they are both introverts. Maybe also the "father-son" thing that @Whiskey Rose pointed out has something to do.

All of that sounds plausible to me. Except maybe for the both are introverts thing. They might both be introverts, but in quite different ways from what I can tell. Also, Slash has described himself as being introverted as well. What's he doing wrong to mess the introvert-bonding up so badly with Axl? :lol: (Just joking of course, Slaxl folks, I think their relationship is going fine. Just referring to the running "Slash is losing out in the battle for Axl's affections" gag.)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

Maybe Axl actually talked about his past to Angus and now Angus feels protective and Axl is someone that he likes and he doesn't have with him all the ACDC legacy, Axl's just a fun guy Angus enjoys being with.

YAY the Slaxl "stay here/scare" hand on chest and Slash's smile, they are having fun

Hi, guys!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Angus is Axl's mentor. I wish they would've found each other 15 years ago. Just on a personal level as much as anything. 

I think so too. That would have been great if they had, but at least they finally did...;)

Funny thing, I was watching the 1991 St Louis concert the other night where Slash had to put on his shoes....after WTTJ Slash makes a point of explaining his pants broke and his balls were hanging out so he had to change into shorts and that he wasn't pulling an Angus Young and he wanted to set that shit straight....and this year they are on the same stage. :P

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Alja said:

My point: Trying to assume with what I know about what can be behind constant refuse of Steven as full time player in rejoined GNR.

I see parallels with what I know and experienced and try to describe how I am thinking.

Mild (I did not assume this myself ever, you see?) is pretty describing. BTW you can see glimpses of what I simplify as 5yo bro when he talks about what he sees as injustice, to make an example (try older interviews, more evident). I never said brain damage (unspecific term, and also great Pink Floyd song) cause drastic change of character (I said he is lucky with his personality, which does not change, just "sharpens") or morals. It "changes" feelings that it...fuuu...becomes huger part of processing and expressing what happens inside and around. I won`t describe it more to you, I don`t wish you actual experience with such in your near ones, you will find out what I am talking about. Even with all the love, often pretty annoying. For me fair treat means that I do everything with respect of who that person is and what he is capable not "do everything to make him happy".

Steven is not there not because of his "brain damage" but because Mr. Axl Rose does not want to go back to 1986 and reform that line up. It is something very simple and we don't need a brain doctor or whatever to try to guess things that have nothing to do with Steven's personality or health problems.

Axl moved on with his new band, only to tour and release 1 new album in 20 years. If it was up to him, he'd never get Slash and Duff back but.... "industry pressure" you know? :lol: He needed loads of money and his band was walking on the edge. He couldn't release a new album after CD and the endless touring eventually made everybody in his new band sick and tired of doing the same shit every night. Plus, promoters and other people from the industry didn't want to know a thing anymore with such lineup. They said "bring back Slash or gtfo" :lol: and that's how he had to bend over and pull down his pants.

It's not rocket science. This trinity was the deal he accepted. He doesn't wanna lose control, hence, the presence of Fortus and Ferrer and the GN'R management still in hands of TB. Bringing Izzy and Steven back means reforming Guns N' Roses as the classic lineup everybody loves BUT Axl. He wants nothing to do with all of them, according to him, because of bad experiences in the past.

2 hours ago, Alja said:

Brain rewires and learns new paths. Brain cells have almost no capability to heal, so, covered by rewired ones, the damage maintain. Compensated, the person is like you describe from latest TV interview. Shattered he will cry that you are the worst person ever or so and next day feel bad about it, because he actually loves you (one of latest interviews). Grown up 50-something usually don`t do this.

Hah. I'm sorry but this reasoning is flawed and poorly founded.

That kind of behavior I have found in people of all ages in the adult range. There are people in their 20's who are more mature than people in their 50's. Immature behavior is not exclusive of brain damage. Or try to explain how come 55-years-old Axl Rose goes everywhere with his "mom", who's not actually his mom but a hired woman who plays mom. Even more fucked up. I still havent been informed when Axl suffered brain damage :rolleyes:

As for the interview, I don't take it the way most of you do. Steven is capable of reflecting on his own immature behavior and become repentant of what he does or says and actually apologize. For example, when he said he sent Duff to hell on the phone when Duff informed him that he was not going to be part of those shows and later he picked the phone again to apologize. That shows he's not a nutso who has no feelings and doesn't realize of the things he does.

He's always said he loves the guys but being honest about certain things it doesn't make you a two-faced asshole with brain damage. He is capable of separating the person from the artist. This is what he does with Axl. He knows Axl is a great singer and performer, but at the same time he knows some inner workings in the band are not the best and that Axl wanted to take control of the band, tell me how is that a lie??

I'm sure Steven is pretty aware of Axl not liking him and having problems to get along with him but Steven doesn't care about that because all he wanted was to put some pressure for a reunion to play a couple shows and make the fans happy. His words "we are all alive and kicking, why not reunite?" are very wise and a lot of fans agree with him. Axl doesn't see it that way but that's another story.

My point is: even with all the problems Steven may have and with his personality, he's still a coherent guy when he speaks and he's clear with the things he wants and doesn't want and what he wants to do with his life. He's tasted what was like to go inside the huge machine GN'R is now and he didn't like it, so he stepped out because he realized it will not be in the terms he wanted it to be.

Maybe it took him longer than Izzy to realize who he was dealing with but all in all, Steven makes a lot of sense to me and I feel sad that only a handful of fans got to see him perform in a few shows when he should be invited to all of them, or most of them.

2 hours ago, Alja said:

If you see someone as intelligent, you ask for like Mensa confirmation? If most people you meet describe you as intelligent/smart/gifted, you can go get tested and you will probably pass. By my opinion people feel if someone is more intelligent than others. Also street smart people pass Mensa test, but are not as bold as uncommonly gifted ones. Let`s assume that if almost everyone sees Axl as highly intelligent (no doubts about his talent in arts), there is something on it. Intelligence does not mean that you do right decisions and your life is easier. Mensa test as best valued is still mere collection of matrices to solve and how you are good in it. 

Sorry, English is not my native language. 

Yes, there are people who are more intelligent than others but claiming an above average number should be backed up with some evidence or else you're just talking out of your ass.

Axl is clearly talented for music but so are a lot of other musicians and artists. Is everybody out there a genius?

There's no way to know.

I really can't see what makes Axl a genius or have "uncommon kind of high intelligence". We don't know how he gets there with his compositions. Does he write epic songs like 'Estranged' in 2 hours? in a month? a year? How much effort does he invest in his songwriting?

He could be very "normal" or have "average intelligence" and still write an epic ballad on piano if he puts a lot of effort on having it done. There is no way for us to find out if these masterpieces he's written flow to him one night in a matter of minutes or he just sits around forever waiting for the muse to come.

Many times people try to explain things with "miracle solutions" so they can excuse themselves from making some effort to achieve great things. Its like we all listen to his songs and his lyrics and we are like "omg I could never write like that or sing like that or play piano like that. He must be a genius because otherwise this is just too difficult" and that's how we fool ourselves thinking that artists and people who accomplish great things got there just because they are more intelligent than us or more talented. When most of the time those kind of people got there with a lot of effort, compromise, vehemence, passion and practise, loooooots of practice.

2 hours ago, Frey said:

I did not jump at you (nor did I see anyone else jump at you), I/they simply disagreed with your opinion(s). Also, I did not say reading medical literature will turn you into a doctor :question: I suggested some reading material that might be of interest to you since you seem passionate about this topic.

Other three people did the same before you so yeah, it gets annoying.

I'm sorry.

I read a lot of stuff which could be called "divulgation material" but I won't read specific medical literature because I won't gain anything from it since I have no medicine studies.

3 hours ago, Frey said:

Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy are all reasonably intelligent individuals (at least by the standards of 80s metal dudes, which is not saying much, but still :lol:) and Steven is... not. They can all run circles around him mentally and I get the impression he was frustrating to some of the other guys or that they even felt he was kind of pathetic.

This doesn't really apply to Izzy, because Izzy is a nice guy and always seemed genuinely fond of Steven (though he came across as kind of patronizing as well sometimes). But Axl, Duff and especially Slash? Their frustration with and their disdain for Steven shines through very clearly in old and new interviews and in the way they treat him. At the same time, I can't really blame Slash for kind of "outgrowing" Steven. If I were Slash, I'd prefer to have Duff as my best buddy as well. They're much more on the same wave-length (both intellectually speaking and in other ways), than Slash and Steven are.

Duff and Slash sounded pretty much like Beavis & Butthead when they did interviews in the 80's....

I agree there is a feeling of disdain in the way all of them talk or express themselves about Steven but in my opinion, this has nothing to do with Steven being dumber but with Steven being a drugaddict and a mess with his life.

Dealing with a drugaddict and/or alcoholic is something that can make you hate their guts. Their lives are a mess, they are a mess and they want to involve you in their mess so I kinda understand why they didn't want anything to do with him.

Slash and Duff got cleaned and sober a long time before Steven did (and he's still struggling) so it is only logical they don't desire that kind of company, specially when they are very well established in their lives, with children and all that crap.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

And to finish with this topic, I want to celebrate Steven Adler's few appearances in the NITL tour, with a video of my own....... :headbang:

That was great and he felt the love we gave him. I'm glad his last show was here because Argentina is special in his life :heart:

(but I do secretly wish he pops up for other shows because the fans deserve it :ph34r:)

That 'I love you' at the beginning... Damn he's so cute, always sending positive vibes, I love, love the guy :hug:

And to everyone who appreciates Steven, go check his instagram stories, man is adorbs :wub::wub:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dgnr said:

That 'I love you' at the beginning... Damn he's so cute, always sending positive vibes, I love, love the guy :hug:

And to everyone who appreciates Steven, go check his instagram stories, man is adorbs :wub::wub:

haaah I should copycat him and go to the gym :smiley-confused2:

Yes, all of it was amazing, his entrance and when he left. Fuck Axl, we chanted our asses off screaming his name and I even put my hand in front of the phone camera because I wanted to register that it was me there watching "Steven Adler OH MY GOD I didn't know I paid ticket ALSO for this!!!! :wow:".

lol I'm pathetic :rofl-lol: