GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

4 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Does Angus have children? If not, I think that paternal thing has a lot of merit. Remember where he knocks Axl's hat off, goes to pick it up, and axl kicks it out of the way like "don't worry about it" and Angus hugs him? I love that moment so much..there is just such affection between them. I don't even mind it's not a GnR moment, cause I want everybody to love Axl. lol. I'm sure @Andy14 made a great gif of that.

Maybe they were father/son in another life ;)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

lol

16788734_415024435508118_1283836926742233088_n.jpg

WOW! He is really dropping the weight...but looks like the nice cherub cheeks are here to stay LOL. I like it though.

Just now, Whiskey Rose said:

Is this some new steez? What up wit dat lid doe?

And they obviously never mentioned Slash or AC/DC.  :lol:

This was too funny! :lol:

• Like 1

Smile, goddamit, you don't need laugh or show the teeth, just a little smile, man, it doesn't hurt :facepalm: The white looks good on him, but his clothes seem to have gone to a grinder or something - how someone would do that on purpose to a shirt and end up having people buying it for a fortune is beyond me. On a positive note, you go Axl, get rid of the hats and rock the caps :P 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

Axl would you please wear shirt that doesn't look like it should've use for cleaning rug instead? :rofl-lol:

Makes me wonder who is doing his laundry...if you wash t shirts with jeans or things with zippers that sometimes happens. Used to work in retail and people would try to return shirts and stuff, and then I would ask if they washed with zippered things and they would go...oh no. :P

16 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Re: Angus and Axl getting along...

Sometimes people forget that Axl really is a charming person. That he isn't only the late, mic throwing, punching people persona. Of course he has his other sides too, the more difficult to get along with sides, but that isn't all that there is to him. He can charm the socks off of a lot of people. People who have met or worked with him often say he is not what you would expect from his reputation. That he is funny, kind, engaging person who is willing have long deep conversations with practical strangers. I think Kimmel was the latest person to remark on this.

Yeah. I totally agree with your comments. A lot of his bad reputation was started in the media back in the early days and has just stuck with him through the years. I think he has a great sense if humor too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Yeah. I totally agree with your comments. A lot of his bad reputation was started in the media back in the early days and has just stuck with him through the years. I think he has a great sense if humor too.

I think he has earned most of his reputation. Just that it isn't all he is. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I think he has earned most of his reputation. Just that it isn't all he is. :)

Some yes, but there were a lot of untruths spread around too. All in all, I think he is a terribly misunderstood but decent guy....his reputation has never bothered me in the least. Plus he seems to have mellowed out some with age. :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Makes me wonder who is doing his laundry...if you wash t shirts with jeans or things with zippers that sometimes happens. Used to work in retail and people would try to return shirts and stuff, and then I would ask if they washed with zippered things and they would go...oh no. :P

Shirt is Amiri, like the jeans.  On sale now for only $99!  Almost 75% off!  "Mock gunshot holes"! Also out of stock, darn it.  Bleah.  

http://www.barneys.com/product/amiri-distressed-shotgun-t-shirt-504574161.html

Edited by triad
stock status

10 minutes ago, triad said:

Shirt is Amiri, like the jeans.  On sale now for only $99!  Almost 75% off!  "Mock gunshot holes!" Bleah.  http://www.barneys.com/product/amiri-distressed-shotgun-t-shirt-504574161.html

Lol....that is cool. Pay extra for the holes, if you can afford it, why not.

Its actually pretty cool with the mandible dripping blood now that I look at your link.

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Edited

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

And to finish with this topic, I want to celebrate Steven Adler's few appearances in the NITL tour, with a video of my own....... :headbang:

That was great and he felt the love we gave him. I'm glad his last show was here because Argentina is special in his life :heart:

(but I do secretly wish he pops up for other shows because the fans deserve it :ph34r:)

One of the best moments of my life! Seeing those four, hearing the magic they produce together. It was something else!

Also, getting the chance to show Steven so much love and appreciation felt so sweet. Really hope I'll get to see him again.

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

That 'I love you' at the beginning... Damn he's so cute, always sending positive vibes, I love, love the guy :hug:

And to everyone who appreciates Steven, go check his instagram stories, man is adorbs :wub::wub:

Thanks for sharing, those vids are awesome!

"Looking forward to see you guys at my next show which will be very soon" :wow:

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

lol

16788734_415024435508118_1283836926742233088_n.jpg

The serial killer is back! He went from wearing Charles Manson shirts to impersonating him :P

I like the speedholes on his shirt :smiley-confused2:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

And to finish with this topic, I want to celebrate Steven Adler's few appearances in the NITL tour, with a video of my own....... :headbang:

That was great and he felt the love we gave him. I'm glad his last show was here because Argentina is special in his life :heart:

(but I do secretly wish he pops up for other shows because the fans deserve it :ph34r:)

Awww you can really see how much he loves and appreciates being on stage. He soo belongs there in a way, he seems to be one of the few ones who still carries the AFD vibe with him. :heart:

And since we are sharing, here's more Steven love (also a video of my own!)

On 2/19/2017 at 6:34 PM, killuridols said:

Why is it that a person who made a mistake in their lives, like getting into drugs or alcohol, immediately become liars and not credible but someone who's got cancer would never be doubted in their opinions, sayings and comments?

Having a stroke affects your moral? Your beliefs? Your personality?

Wow. Just wow.

This is how this world of prejudice makes people like Steven Adler become enraged and alienated. Because no matter how many days or years the guy gets cleaned. No matter how much he tries to regain a normal life and tries to get out of the deep black hole, there are comments like this from people like this who will never give a second chance to anyone.

Or until it happens to someone in their family or themselves.

Steven's personality and behavior is not any more questionable than Axl's or Slash or Izzy's. Even Duff was a major asshole back in the day. They all have their flaws and some of them have done worse things than taking drugs. However, Steven is the only one who "gets the corn". Why is that? Is it because it took him more time to get out of his addiction? Is it because he's just a drummer? Is it because he hasn't accomplished much with his career?

What about Axl? After Steven, Axl comes close to having a poor career, with only one album released with his version of GN'R. An album that didn't live up to the previous ones. He was stale for a long time, touring somewhat successfully for a decade, using the name of a band he started but he didn't make great by his own and solely talent.

How do we know Steven wouldn't be able to keep his shit together for an entire tour if we never gave him the chance? :shrugs:

His health problems are just the perfect excuse, for the band and for some fans, to say that Steven can't do it. In my opinion, after putting pieces of information together, Izzy and Steven will not return permanently to GNR because Axl Rose, who is the owner of GNR, doesn't want to them in the line up. They both left/got kicked out a long time ago and he moved on with his own version of GN'R until he couldn't do it anymore, due to financial reasons and the fact that his version of GN'R  eventually imploded.

I can't say if Steven is lying or not about what was the first arrangement he did with the band to play a lot more songs per show than what he ended up doing. To me it's hard to believe something like this was proposed or accepted by Axl, but it seems like he's unaware of a lot of things, so maybe someone made arrangements to have Steven convinced of playing more songs and then Axl found out and unmade the arrangements.

All in all, Steven sounded pretty calmed in this interview and coherent and I can't see none of the UTTER BULLSHIT I've had to read in this thread about him. Brain damaged my ass <_<

This guy is healthier than a lot of people here... Just because he has a problem in his speech that doesn't make him mentally handicapped or comparable to a 5 years old child. He's fitter than some fatasses in the band and he's got a lot of energy and positive vibes.

I am grateful for being lucky (something that avoids me like the pest) of having seen him playing with the other three originals at the River Plate shows in Buenos Aires. He was cheered up and welcomed by an audience who appreciated his guest appearance much more than anyone else.

Rock on Steven and have a great life! :headbang:

I'm not saying that Steven is a liar, first off I would never call anyone a liar regardless. My opinion comes from all of the spoken words in interviews and from his personal book. He makes sure to include in all interviews that the stroke he had only affected his speech so why in his book does he say it was a debilitating stroke. He claims to have never had a heart attack but his book says he's had two so it's unclear to me what the truth is. I love Steven and of course only wish the best for him and his family and would never in any way try to make someone feel alienated or enraged due to their past or current drug abuse. I have family members who've had strokes and family members who've been addicted to drugs so I'm not playing sides. I've read all of their books with the exception of Axl and all of them have many parts that are questionable. Steven hasn't had a great work ethic according to former band mates and none of that was blamed on drugs, although he was using before GnR too. It goes without saying that Axl and Steven have had a strained relationship but if Axl is still calling the shots in Guns, which he most likely is, then he is the one who offered Steven the chance to play some gigs. There was obviously miscommunication somewhere if he showed up to play the first gig but was only asked to sit in on the second one and a few here and there. Who knows what happened to bring that to an end, we can only speculate but you cannot offer a lineup to the public, sell the tickets and then not deliver. I believe they see him as either a  liability or unable to coexist with Axl and they don't want to screw up this tour, although in interviews Axl stated he made offers to Izzy and Steven and first Izzy said yes and then he changed his mind. I think Axl was willing to give it a shot lining up AFD5 but now I believe he's lost all interest in that and is happy where things are at. We would need Axl to give an interview to try and get more perspective, but would anyone take him for his words? Probably not. Truth is we will never know the truth and we will never all see eye to eye, but that's what life is about, having your own opinions and being able to voice them.;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Re: Angus and Axl getting along...

Sometimes people forget that Axl really is a charming person. That he isn't only the late, mic throwing, punching people persona. Of course he has his other sides too, the more difficult to get along with sides, but that isn't all that there is to him. He can charm the socks off of a lot of people. People who have met or worked with him often say he is not what you would expect from his reputation. That he is funny, kind, engaging person who is willing have long deep conversations with practical strangers. I think Kimmel was the latest person to remark on this.

7 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Some yes, but there were a lot of untruths spread around too. All in all, I think he is a terribly misunderstood but decent guy....his reputation has never bothered me in the least. Plus he seems to have mellowed out some with age. :lol:

I agree. In his old interviews Axl gave in the 80ies up to 1992, he was calm and really mellow. He answered the questions seriously and rather politely. He also was a fun guy too. Really charming. Slash and Duff were goofy, Izzy was a troll or mute but Axl was somewhat sociable to most of the interviewers. He smiles, elaborates on answers, jokes, all that. And dat speaking voice....!

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Alja said:

I really enjoy chemistry between Axl and Angus

15 hours ago, Frey said:

Honestly, I've been wondering the same.

Granted, I don't know shit about AC/DC, but from what I've gathered it's extremely out of character for Angus to be acting the way he is with Axl (being so affectionate, flowers, surprises, gifts, guest appearances, etc.). Maybe he really does have some paternal feeling for Axl or something, weird as it would be. Or he really wants him to stick around for future AC/DC stuff or other projects (please no).

It happens :wow:

http://sofa-king-cool-magazine.com/acdc-to-carry-on-with-axl-rose-and-record-new-album/

Axl will record in new AC/DC album :wow:

14 hours ago, Frey said:

And yeah, I really hope Slash messes around with his guitar while in Axl's presence sometimes :lol:

He's trying to steal Axl from Angus