GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

50 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

It happens :wow:

http://sofa-king-cool-magazine.com/acdc-to-carry-on-with-axl-rose-and-record-new-album/

Axl will record in new AC/DC album :wow:

He's trying to steal Axl from Angus

Looks like this article is still coming from info from the same source....guess we will have to wait and see what develops. :blink:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazedlioness said:

Same girl same 

hi,

Girl glad some others agrees w/me, thought I was the only one.:)  I do agree they both need to be bit more affectionate w/each other./.., or at least understand what the other's point or personality  is.  In a perfect world , this would be an all AFD guys tour, but don't think it will .  Also, there's an article people  have mentioned here Angus/Axl working together.  So another GN'R album anytime soon doesn't sound likely either, I pretty bummed , However Axl did mention in the one  interview past year , one of his goals was at least another album under the GNR name, hopefully withe these 3 guys again.  So there's hope for Slaxl:heart:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, solstar said:

Awww you can really see how much he loves and appreciates being on stage. He soo belongs there in a way, he seems to be one of the few ones who still carries the AFD vibe with him. :heart:

And since we are sharing, here's more Steven love (also a video of my own!)

Great video!!!

I was there in the middle of that mass of people somewhere, hahaa.... I wanted a chair :lol:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

Steven is not there not because of his "brain damage" but because Mr. Axl Rose does not want to go back to 1986 and reform that line up. It is something very simple and we don't need a brain doctor or whatever to try to guess things that have nothing to do with Steven's personality or health problems.

Axl moved on with his new band, only to tour and release 1 new album in 20 years. If it was up to him, he'd never get Slash and Duff back but.... "industry pressure" you know? :lol: He needed loads of money and his band was walking on the edge. He couldn't release a new album after CD and the endless touring eventually made everybody in his new band sick and tired of doing the same shit every night. Plus, promoters and other people from the industry didn't want to know a thing anymore with such lineup. They said "bring back Slash or gtfo" :lol: and that's how he had to bend over and pull down his pants.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. According to people like Sebastian Bach, Jimmy Kimmel, etc. Axl always used to say stuff like "Never say never. Maybe one day things will work out again..." about reuniting with Slash and Duff. Not to mention all that blabbering about Slash to everyone who would listen. Sounds to me like part of him definitely longed to reunite with them and he toyed around with that possibility for years in his head. But him also being a stubborn ass probably kept him from making it happen sooner. As it was, financial pressures and people leaving kind of made that decision for him and thank god for that.

I agree there is a feeling of disdain in the way all of them talk or express themselves about Steven but in my opinion, this has nothing to do with Steven being dumber but with Steven being a drugaddict and a mess with his life.

Dealing with a drugaddict and/or alcoholic is something that can make you hate their guts. Their lives are a mess, they are a mess and they want to involve you in their mess so I kinda understand why they didn't want anything to do with him.

Slash and Duff got cleaned and sober a long time before Steven did (and he's still struggling) so it is only logical they don't desire that kind of company, specially when they are very well established in their lives, with children and all that crap.

I agree, but I think that even apart from him being a drug addicted mess, they didn't take him very seriously. They talked disdainfully about him even when they themselves were still drug addicted messes. Lots of "Steven's a moron..."  "No originality or ideas of his own..."   "Fucking Stevie, man. That's just the way he is..." in old interviews.

Not to mention Axl even getting physically violent with Steven. Notice how he's never dared to pull anything like that with Slash, Duff or Izzy.

Yes, there are people who are more intelligent than others but claiming an above average number should be backed up with some evidence or else you're just talking out of your ass.

Axl is clearly talented for music but so are a lot of other musicians and artists. Is everybody out there a genius?

There's no way to know.

I really can't see what makes Axl a genius or have "uncommon kind of high intelligence". We don't know how he gets there with his compositions. Does he write epic songs like 'Estranged' in 2 hours? in a month? a year? How much effort does he invest in his songwriting?

He could be very "normal" or have "average intelligence" and still write an epic ballad on piano if he puts a lot of effort on having it done. There is no way for us to find out if these masterpieces he's written flow to him one night in a matter of minutes or he just sits around forever waiting for the muse to come.

Lol yeah, agreed on that. But then again I am the person who got into a long ass argument with everyone here because I questioned/doubted Axl's commonly cited high intelligence.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, melina i said:

hi,

Girl glad some others agrees w/me, thought I was the only one.:)  I do agree they both need to be bit more affectionate w/each other./.., or at least understand what the other's point or personality  is.  In a perfect world , this would be an all AFD guys tour, but don't think it will .  Also, there's an article people  have mentioned here Angus/Axl working together.  So another GN'R album anytime soon doesn't sound likely either, I pretty bummed , However Axl did mention in the one  interview past year , one of his goals was at least another album under the GNR name, hopefully withe these 3 guys again.  So there's hope for Slaxl:heart:

Mark my words "slaxl will live on" I think by the way everyone's acting that gnr will stay together for a long long time and I believe an album is probable. Even in one of slashs tweet to Perth he was like "well be back" which means they don't plan on disbanding anytime soon. In my opinion even though slash doesn't show it (cause he doesn't show his feelings a lot) he's really HAPPY to be back in gnr cause its HIS band and he finally got it back and his awesome lead singer and I don't think he plans on letting anyone of them go anytime soon x

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Crazedlioness said:

Mark my words "slaxl will live on" I think by the way everyone's acting that gnr will stay together for a long long time and I believe an album is probable. Even in one of slashs tweet to Perth he was like "well be back" which means they don't plan on disbanding anytime soon. In my opinion even though slash doesn't show it (cause he doesn't show his feelings a lot) he's really HAPPY to be back in gnr cause its HIS band and he finally got it back and his awesome lead singer and I don't think he plans on letting anyone of them go anytime soon x

Hi,

Yes I agree. most people think Slash is cold, but he wasn't ever showing tons of affection, even during their younger days. It's his personality. I really like Slash:wub:,  He's said lots of kind stuff about Axl at the time of their  their fights, and he stuck up for Axl at times, and I think Axl had tons of feelings  for Slash also, it's why he was so angry, hurt, raged when Slash was gone from the band.  I mean I got into this group for their beautiful music and the beautiful guys and their individual styles, especially our Slaxl.:)

I hope you're right about the music or even if they keep playing together would be so great,

who knows         

• Like 2

18 hours ago, killuridols said:

Steven is not there not because of his "brain damage" but because Mr. Axl Rose does not want to go back to 1986 and reform that line up. It is something very simple and we don't need a brain doctor or whatever to try to guess things that have nothing to do with Steven's personality or health problems.

Axl moved on with his new band, only to tour and release 1 new album in 20 years. If it was up to him, he'd never get Slash and Duff back but.... "industry pressure" you know? :lol: He needed loads of money and his band was walking on the edge. He couldn't release a new album after CD and the endless touring eventually made everybody in his new band sick and tired of doing the same shit every night. Plus, promoters and other people from the industry didn't want to know a thing anymore with such lineup. They said "bring back Slash or gtfo" :lol: and that's how he had to bend over and pull down his pants.

It's not rocket science. This trinity was the deal he accepted. He doesn't wanna lose control, hence, the presence of Fortus and Ferrer and the GN'R management still in hands of TB. Bringing Izzy and Steven back means reforming Guns N' Roses as the classic lineup everybody loves BUT Axl. He wants nothing to do with all of them, according to him, because of bad experiences in the past.

Hah. I'm sorry but this reasoning is flawed and poorly founded.

That kind of behavior I have found in people of all ages in the adult range. There are people in their 20's who are more mature than people in their 50's. Immature behavior is not exclusive of brain damage. Or try to explain how come 55-years-old Axl Rose goes everywhere with his "mom", who's not actually his mom but a hired woman who plays mom. Even more fucked up. I still havent been informed when Axl suffered brain damage :rolleyes:

As for the interview, I don't take it the way most of you do. Steven is capable of reflecting on his own immature behavior and become repentant of what he does or says and actually apologize. For example, when he said he sent Duff to hell on the phone when Duff informed him that he was not going to be part of those shows and later he picked the phone again to apologize. That shows he's not a nutso who has no feelings and doesn't realize of the things he does.

He's always said he loves the guys but being honest about certain things it doesn't make you a two-faced asshole with brain damage. He is capable of separating the person from the artist. This is what he does with Axl. He knows Axl is a great singer and performer, but at the same time he knows some inner workings in the band are not the best and that Axl wanted to take control of the band, tell me how is that a lie??

I'm sure Steven is pretty aware of Axl not liking him and having problems to get along with him but Steven doesn't care about that because all he wanted was to put some pressure for a reunion to play a couple shows and make the fans happy. His words "we are all alive and kicking, why not reunite?" are very wise and a lot of fans agree with him. Axl doesn't see it that way but that's another story.

My point is: even with all the problems Steven may have and with his personality, he's still a coherent guy when he speaks and he's clear with the things he wants and doesn't want and what he wants to do with his life. He's tasted what was like to go inside the huge machine GN'R is now and he didn't like it, so he stepped out because he realized it will not be in the terms he wanted it to be.

Maybe it took him longer than Izzy to realize who he was dealing with but all in all, Steven makes a lot of sense to me and I feel sad that only a handful of fans got to see him perform in a few shows when he should be invited to all of them, or most of them.

Yes, there are people who are more intelligent than others but claiming an above average number should be backed up with some evidence or else you're just talking out of your ass.

Axl is clearly talented for music but so are a lot of other musicians and artists. Is everybody out there a genius?

There's no way to know.

I really can't see what makes Axl a genius or have "uncommon kind of high intelligence". We don't know how he gets there with his compositions. Does he write epic songs like 'Estranged' in 2 hours? in a month? a year? How much effort does he invest in his songwriting?

He could be very "normal" or have "average intelligence" and still write an epic ballad on piano if he puts a lot of effort on having it done. There is no way for us to find out if these masterpieces he's written flow to him one night in a matter of minutes or he just sits around forever waiting for the muse to come.

Many times people try to explain things with "miracle solutions" so they can excuse themselves from making some effort to achieve great things. Its like we all listen to his songs and his lyrics and we are like "omg I could never write like that or sing like that or play piano like that. He must be a genius because otherwise this is just too difficult" and that's how we fool ourselves thinking that artists and people who accomplish great things got there just because they are more intelligent than us or more talented. When most of the time those kind of people got there with a lot of effort, compromise, vehemence, passion and practise, loooooots of practice.

Other three people did the same before you so yeah, it gets annoying.

I'm sorry.

I read a lot of stuff which could be called "divulgation material" but I won't read specific medical literature because I won't gain anything from it since I have no medicine studies.

Duff and Slash sounded pretty much like Beavis & Butthead when they did interviews in the 80's....

I agree there is a feeling of disdain in the way all of them talk or express themselves about Steven but in my opinion, this has nothing to do with Steven being dumber but with Steven being a drugaddict and a mess with his life.

Dealing with a drugaddict and/or alcoholic is something that can make you hate their guts. Their lives are a mess, they are a mess and they want to involve you in their mess so I kinda understand why they didn't want anything to do with him.

Slash and Duff got cleaned and sober a long time before Steven did (and he's still struggling) so it is only logical they don't desire that kind of company, specially when they are very well established in their lives, with children and all that crap.

Feel  free to diss Axl for whatever. 

If you want a first person comparison of Axl and Steven by someone who tasted both, try interview with "Rocket Queen" Adriana Smith. 

All they are famous, they are public personas and many things they said or did is there "forever" in the internet. People feel somehow connected to them and question it. Price for fame, that`s it. As you see people you meet from your point of view and perception abilities and experience, so do I. It differs. I have my fancy high number on Mensa results sheet. I did it for fun to proof obvious. I am no rocket scientist, neuroscience is enough.

Neuroscience shred to the bone: Cocaine overdose is typical with extensive blood pressure. Little vessels in the center of the brain may tear because of it with resulting bleeding to the deep brain structures they nurture and damaging this part, it`s called stroke. It does not completely affect separate functions but rather many a bit. Brain cells once damaged make not functioning scar tissue and brain partially rewires, but the damage is permanent. Take it as encyclopedic knowledge, feel free to search, I cannot simplify it more.

Again, it`s a myth that intelligence helps you lead better or smoother life, actually, many times it`s crippling and/or estranges you from most people. I never discussed about someone`s IQ score, because intelligence is more complex. There are certain people who almost everyone points out as extraordinary intelligent/smart, even wise. Many others can score high on IQ test, but if you meet extraordinary one, you know it. I don`t think anyone ever asked my (weirdo) boss for his IQ results (maybe he even does not have any) but people respect him for his uncommon intelligence. Even people taken as over average smart anyway. You can also diss this person as incomprehensible, odd, weirdo with his own ridiculous world you won`t visit anyway. Adriana also favors social and reckless Steven, not weirdo Axl who wants to lead long talks. Yes, if I assume someone`s intelligence, I also look for way he/she communicates ideas, kind of ideas and themes and language use. And overall vibe. Everyone favors different people and in the end no one can say why exactly. Just see how Slash or Duff describe themselves and Axl (or other people who met him or worked with him). Axl is different than others. You cannot measure genius. What is genius if not an ability to bring different point of view, something utterly new, perceive what others don`t? You can make music by "craftsmanship" - repeating what was already there to the point you push it to perfection. Genius pick pieces and makes something new and unexpected. 

Other side of genius is feeling estranged. It can be so deep that you question yourself as worthy human being, faulty, because you lack ability to be like others. People find easy to be "normal" but it`s not, if you came to this world with unique set of abilities and perception. Genius also usually means that you lack sense for what is normal or routine. Sometimes you even use "normal" people as connection with normal world or for basic functioning. There is usually mutual respect, but no shiny soulmate connection. 

You need effort do get somewhere. Pure effort with no talent does not work and at its finest pushes you to average (or being hard-working dumb ass who has no clue why the effort does not work an everyone overtakes him/her). Next level is that you have vision, sense of where you are and where you want to make it. To be one in a million, you need talent, effort and vision. Talent without effort is wasted, because you lack ability to give it form. Some luck is necessary to get to the top, too.

If the way you see things make sense for you, it`s perfectly OK, because you are not there or have any ability to change something. Neither have I. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_3151.PNG.204d3bb60946dbdddd89bd9ffdd59696.PNG

I think he looks really good here! I have become obsessed with that green guitar Slash plays, it looks great on him :wub:

I like the green guitar too. So glad the bandanas are back, the hats hid his face unless he was looking up. :heart:

Edited by BlueJean Baby
typo

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_3151.PNG.204d3bb60946dbdddd89bd9ffdd59696.PNG

I think he looks really good here! I have become obsessed with that green guitar Slash plays on CD, it looks great with on Slash :wub:

hi,

yes they both are great ;very hot , I agree I love his green , shiny guitar and also his red guitar. :heart: Doesn't he play beautifully and w/tons of feeling? And love  Axl's face, his eyes are still beautiful

Edited by melina i
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, melina i said:

hi,

yes they both are great ;very hot , I agree I love his green , shiny guitar and also his red guitar. :heart: Doesn't he play beautifully and w/tons of feeling? And love  Axl's face, his eyes are still beautiful

Yeah he does!! You know, the first time I ever saw him play was right up close when he was with Snakepit (2nd lineup) and it was the most unreal experience ever, my all time favourite gig. I saw him lean over  the barrier and this girl was holding on to him and she was like in trance, the guy next to me passed out :lol:

I already discussed with the people I'm going to London with that we are going for the barrier Slash's side of the stage :headbang:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah he does!! You know, the first time I ever saw him play was right up close when he was with Snakepit (2nd lineup) and it was the most unreal experience ever, my all time favourite gig. I saw him lean over  the barrier and this girl was holding on to him and she was like in trance, the guy next to me passed out :lol:

I already discussed with the people I'm going to London with that we are going for the barrier Slash's side of the stage :headbang:

Haha, you're so funny.  What did he do while the girl was grabbing him, great story:lol:

I saw them once on this current tour , have to tell you they are so great and sound beautiful in person.  Watching them on the computer or whatever doesn't do them justice. I love Slash so much and  I'm glad you're on Slash's side of the stage.  So you're way up front??? Aren't you?

I was a bit behind on my concert in the summer.  I hope to see them again, at least once, before they they explode or something

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, melina i said:

Haha, you're so funny.  What did he do while the girl was grabbing him, great story:lol:

I saw them once on this current tour , have to tell you they are so great and sound beautiful in person.  Watching them on the computer or whatever doesn't do them justice. I love Slash so much and  I'm glad you're on Slash's side of the stage.  So you're way up front??? Aren't you?

I was a bit behind on my concert in the summer.  I hope to see them again, at least once, before they they explode or something

He didn't do anything, he was loving that girl holding on to him whilst he was playing a slower part of Beggars And Hangers On :lol:

I've got a VIP early entry ticket for the first London show, so I should be able to get to the barrier easy the downside is I will have to stay there or lose my spot. 

I hope they don't explode too :) 

• Like 1

Nice shirt, Duff :headbang:

16838097_1481293641905010_1096845757_n.p

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Cool story! And Snakepit 2nd lineup means Rod Jackson? And nobody was holding on to him also? :wub: I looove his voice, would like to know what he's doing these days.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Nice shirt, Duff :headbang:

Ok, I had to read it 3times to see that it's really "nice shiRt" :facepalm: lol

I should go to bed :smiley-confused2:

anyway...:ph34r:...talking about sides at GNR shows, I'll be at Duff's side in Prague and hopefully at Slash's in Vienna....but I would also love to see Axl playing the piano :unsure:

• Like 4