GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

5 hours ago, Frey said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. According to people like Sebastian Bach, Jimmy Kimmel, etc. Axl always used to say stuff like "Never say never. Maybe one day things will work out again..." about reuniting with Slash and Duff. Not to mention all that blabbering about Slash to everyone who would listen. Sounds to me like part of him definitely longed to reunite with them and he toyed around with that possibility for years in his head. But him also being a stubborn ass probably kept him from making it happen sooner. As it was, financial pressures and people leaving kind of made that decision for him and thank god for that.

Yeah but those talks with Kimmel and Sebastian were after 2010... In the beginning he didn't give a fuck, he wanted to prove the world he could do without Slash and he was determined to it.

Axl in Rock in Rio from 2001 was a guy full of rage and scared at the same time. I can't watch that show until today. He looks miserable to me.

IMO, he started playing with the idea when he learned the fans were upset and that CD didn't do that well and also the promoters and industry people not wanting to give him the treatment he is receiving now. Hence, so many tours in Europe and Southamerica for so many years.

5 hours ago, Frey said:

I agree, but I think that even apart from him being a drug addicted mess, they didn't take him very seriously. They talked disdainfully about him even when they themselves were still drug addicted messes. Lots of "Steven's a moron..."  "No originality or ideas of his own..."   "Fucking Stevie, man. That's just the way he is..." in old interviews.

Not to mention Axl even getting physically violent with Steven. Notice how he's never dared to pull anything like that with Slash, Duff or Izzy.

As I said before, Slash and Duff were like Beavis & Butthead in some interviews.... They made fun of Axl as well. And remember that Axl said in 2012 or 2013 that he felt bullied by Slash and Duff; they would call him stupid and other names.

Axl got violent with Steven because Steven didn't have problems in telling him to fuck off. Slash and Duff were more like "let the crazy guy talk and we come back later". They didn't engage with Axl's rage, while Steven was looking for trouble with Axl. Izzy was "zen" all the time, haha..

It's their personality, I think....

5 hours ago, Frey said:

Lol yeah, agreed on that. But then again I am the person who got into a long ass argument with everyone here because I questioned/doubted Axl's commonly cited high intelligence.

:lol:

but you went to the other side saying Axl is dumb as fuck, for believing in ufos and soul transferring and letting Yoda and the other charlatans fool him with the past lives bullshit.

4 hours ago, Alja said:

Feel  free to diss Axl for whatever. 

579671d910a5e_Axlehhhwhat.gif.436c60202bc1be3a27e1242217b28da3.gif

4 hours ago, Alja said:

If you want a first person comparison of Axl and Steven by someone who tasted both, try interview with "Rocket Queen" Adriana Smith. 

image.jpeg.e61f3cf670eebca87bea11a974847681.jpeg

4 hours ago, Alja said:

I have my fancy high number on Mensa results sheet. I did it for fun to proof obvious. I am no rocket scientist, neuroscience is enough.

lol.gif.015a35b076770f851e459b256bdb2075.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

Great video!!!

I was there in the middle of that mass of people somewhere, hahaa.... I wanted a chair :lol:

Thanks! I sooo wanted to be in the crowd that day...that was the place where all the fun seemed to be! :headbang: Ahhh maybe in Sep/Oct if the rumours are true!

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

As I said before, Slash and Duff were like Beavis & Butthead in some interviews.... They made fun of Axl as well. And remember that Axl said in 2012 or 2013 that he felt bullied by Slash and Duff; they would call him stupid and other names.

Axl got violent with Steven because Steven didn't have problems in telling him to fuck off. Slash and Duff were more like "let the crazy guy talk and we come back later". They didn't engage with Axl's rage, while Steven was looking for trouble with Axl. Izzy was "zen" all the time, haha..

It's their personality, I think....

This. After reading all the stories about these four, I get the impression that Axl and Steven are similar in a way, and that might be one of the reasons why they clash so much, in that both of them often act like children and seem to be straighforward/impulsive. Duff and Slash, on the contrary, appear to be more mellow and rational, and to be honest, I get the impression they are either afraid to contradict/stand up to Axl, or they find comfort in letting Axl take the unpopular decisions for them. :shrugs:

• Like 1

On 2/20/2017 at 0:46 PM, Marjos1 said:

Hello everyone! been reading this forum for as long as i can remember, but this is my first post- so please be kind!

and as i am a Norwegian, my English may not be the best. 

I hope some of you will enjoy my story from when i met Axl, Ron, Richard, Tommy and DJ Ashba after their show in Oslo, Norway june 2010.

-----------------------------

Me and my friend was walking down Oslo's main street (Karl Johan) going pub to pub after the show, when we suddenly saw Richard and Tommy coming out of a bar. we said hello and asked for autographs.

But we didn't have anything to sign on, so i said they could sign my pants. Richard refused, he didn't want to sign anybody's cock he said :lol:

Anyway, i got the autographs and they asked if we wanted to grab a couple of beers with them. 

We went to a small back ally, and there was this empty pub with Ron and DJ sitting in the corner.

Richard introduced us- saying that we where one of the ''cool fans'' 

Then we just hung around buying each other rounds from the bar and talking shit like they where whoever. fortunately for me, this was before i had a camera phone and i was drunk enough to not be a fanboy(?), my friend is not that big of a fan, so he was more in the background.

after an hour or so, suddenly Axl waked in.. The whole atmosphere suddenly got a little more tense. everybody got a little more quiet.

i went over and thanked him for a great show, asked him how he was doing and invited him to sit at my ''new friends'' table, he bursted out laughing and said that he didn't believe those guys could make new friends :lol:

To my surprise he didn't want to sit at our table, so we stood out on the floor talking shit for a while.. And i have to ask the big question; will there be new music soon? he laught and said that they had a lot of stuff going on, but that it was complicated. and that they had plans to put something out in the foreseeable future.

By now, some girls had come into the pub. so Richard and DJ Ashba where busy chasing them around..

Tommy was passed out and Axl went outside for a bit, so i had a few words just with Ron. 

And i must say, he is probably the nicest guy i've met, and i asked him about how the band works and if there was any new music on the horizon. 

He said that members of the band usually comes with a riff or an idea for a song, and if they all like it they take it further and make a demo or something out of it.

About new music he wasn't really sure, he said that they had probably 3-4 albums worth of music just sitting there, some of it 12-15 years old. 

But he didn't want to bring that back on the table, he wanted to make something new and fresh. 

Suddenly the barowner said that Tommy had to go, he had now fallen to the floor. 

Me and Richard carried him out between us, looking at Axl Shaking his head as we came out on the street. 

We waited outside for Tommy to get his taxi back to the hotel, and the other guys decided to go home aswell, Richard and DJ making a last atempt to get some girls with them- with no luck.

The taxi came, and the guys thanked me for a good night and said that they where really happy hanging with a fans that was so ''cool'' and laidback. (imagine how proud i was) :P

As we walked towards the train station, we noticed a strange taxi- almost looking like the pope car with black tinted windows. 

The car stopped right next to us, and the window rolled down- there was Axl!

He gave us hugs, thanked us for a good night and said that he hoped to be back soon...

Imagine this for a 20 year old, beeing a die hard fan half his life. I couldn't be more happy!

all the guys where really nice and i had the time of my life.

Thats the short version, hope some of it where interesting and not too hard to read. :)

This is a cool Story,  its funny to read about when Axl comes Everybody goes quiet :lol: I guess its good to have Mellisa in the Band now. DJ N' Richard chasing Girls, Tommy passed out, classic :lol: Axl shaking His head when They carried Tommy *Im pretty sure Tommy reminds Him of 'Someone' :rolleyes:* as always  Ron being nice N'I dunno why Axl said He didnt believe tht the Boys can make new friends

4 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Even with Angus in the shadows...Slaxl is still very much alive! :)

out of likes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgnr said:

Is it just me or these two are particulary touchy-feely and smiley smile at the last couple shows? I give two days for Slash get his ass in the fuckin piano. The Angus effect melted Slash's cold heart :shrugs::wub:

giphy.gif

YISS!! N' Axl intentionally touch Slash back with His arm :rolleyes:

They fly/are to/in Singapore now! ?

@tifalucis Notice Us @Dexter ! Please come to Indonesia!!!!!!  

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

So true. I love that he is growing his hair out longer and going back to the bandanas too. :dance:

Those pictures are beautiful-- the cherub cheek smile in the first one is perfect.  I adore when you can look at someone and see their happiness coming through in their smile.  

I can't believd this leg of the tour is almost over and then it's a long break -- I think over two months.  :max: Hope they use that off time for something productive  (please new music, please new music, please new music....) 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, solstar said:

Thanks! I sooo wanted to be in the crowd that day...that was the place where all the fun seemed to be! :headbang: Ahhh maybe in Sep/Oct if the rumours are true!

This. After reading all the stories about these four, I get the impression that Axl and Steven are similar in a way, and that might be one of the reasons why they clash so much, in that both of them often act like children and seem to be straighforward/impulsive. Duff and Slash, on the contrary, appear to be more mellow and rational, and to be honest, I get the impression they are either afraid to contradict/stand up to Axl, or they find comfort in letting Axl take the unpopular decisions for them. :shrugs:

oh. and why you weren't? :question:

I was in the crowd both days, lol, it was a crazy mess..... :P

Yeah, I agree with what you say about Axl and Steven and I don't think Slash and Duff are afraid of confronting Axl... not anymore, I guess.

It's more like when you have to deal with someone like Axl, it is better to not confront and try to get to him in another way because confronting him alienates him even more, since he's childish and will just fight for the sake of winning a feud.

Slash said in his book he was not into arguments and that kind of thing. Made him tired and bored, so he avoided it.

• Like 1

A question, having read my way through the Steven interview thread in the main section and how it turned from general disgruntled posts about how close we seemed to a reunion (me included), how Duff and Slash appear to have sold out (I did a little of that as well), to posts for the most part about how Axl runs the show and everybody around him including the band bow to his every whim because A) they are to scared to disagree or b) in it for the money, incidentally I don't agree with the idea that the current tour line up is all on Axl, however I do believe he is a force to be reckoned with and his personality dictates people will often go along with him to get things done.

So my question is putting the current regrouping completely to one side, let's say Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven approach Axl to reunite for a some appetite gigs in July, they ask Axl to be an equal part of it, something quite laid back, for the anniversary. They make it clear they will be pulling something together with or with out Axl, it's something they feel the need to do.

Axl is not insensitive, would he be happy and join in realising that this is the only way he would probably get to play again with the old line up. It might bring everbody some closure, it would be really appreciated by a large portion of fans and it's then done and dusted or would he have no part, instead see it as losing face, could he not get past the 'supposed control issues' or perhaps see no benefit in joining in what so ever. That ship after all sailed along time ago.

Would it really make no sense to do this with the current tour in progress, I personally see no problem as long as it was well marketed as anniversary dates, I think most people would understand. It would probably fly over the heads of most casual ticket buyers who don't follow what the band are doing anyway. Yes the people backing the current tour might have plenty to say, but for the sake of argument let's suppose they see it as a quick way to make cash on top of 'Not in this life time' and run with something like 'We said, Never say Never'.

I'm just musing really, I know there are plenty of flaws in my scenario, I guess what I'm really asking is, would Axl be the type to play ball if it was the others approaching him?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

A question, having read my way through the Steven interview thread in the main section and how it turned from general disgruntled posts about how close we seemed to a reunion (me included), how Duff and Slash appear to have sold out (I did a little of that as well), to posts for the most part about how Axl runs the show and everybody around him including the band bow to his every whim because A) they are to scared to disagree or b) in it for the money, incidentally I don't agree with the idea that the current tour line up is all on Axl, however I do believe he is a force to be reckoned with and his personality dictates people will often go along with him to get things done.

So my question is putting the current regrouping completely to one side, let's say Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven approach Axl to reunite for a some appetite gigs in July, they ask Axl to be an equal part of it, something quite laid back, for the anniversary. They make it clear they will be pulling something together with or with out Axl, it's something they feel the need to do.

Axl is not insensitive, would he be happy and join in realising that this is the only way he would probably get to play again with the old line up. It might bring everbody some closure, it would be really appreciated by a large portion of fans and it's then done and dusted or would he have no part, instead see it as losing face, could he not get past the 'supposed control issues' or perhaps see no benefit in joining in what so ever. That ship after all sailed along time ago.

Would it really make no sense to do this with the current tour in progress, I personally see no problem as long as it was well marketed as anniversary dates, I think most people would understand. It would probably fly over the heads of most casual ticket buyers who don't follow what the band are doing anyway. Yes the people backing the current tour might have plenty to say, but for the sake of argument let's suppose they see it as a quick way to make cash on top of 'Not in this life time' and run with something like 'We said, Never say Never'.

I'm just musing really, I know there are plenty of flaws in my scenario, I guess what I'm really asking is, would Axl be the type to play ball if it was the others approaching him?

I think axl is pretty easy going when it comes to some things and if he's happy with how things are going with slash and duff I think hes definitely approachable and he'd agree. But then again I dont think axl RUNS the show. Although he's quite determined in what he wants I think slash has about as much say as him and they compromise quite a bit. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Crazedlioness said:

I think axl is pretty easy going when it comes to some things and if he's happy with how things are going with slash and duff I think hes definitely approachable and he'd agree. But then again I dont think axl RUNS the show. Although he's quite determined in what he wants I think slash has about as much say as him and they compromise quite a bit. 

I would agree with this thought. At this juncture, I don't see Duff and Slash just saying "yes massa" and letting Axl run the whole show. This time around there has to be some hard level of communication between the principles at the very least. 

• Like 1

I agree that the current tour is a partnership between the big 3 and compromises and differences are made between them. My inclantion is that Axls personality and the fact he has been holding up the name for so long affords him more leverage than perhaps Slash and Duff not to say he is running the show as I would therefor have to believe the others to be pushovers, which I don't.

I am not sure why I have it in my head that Axl is the stumbling block for some anniversary gigs, perhaps because he seems the keenest to evolve, try new things in music. I have him down as not really being overly sentimental about appetite, perhaps because those songs have always been a large part or his regular shows. There is the argument that the 2017 tour is in acknowlegment of 30 years and should be seen as reunion enough. 

I guess this is where my what if came from, I would personally love to see even just one night of Appetite being played in full by the 5 and I just see Duff and Slash more open to the idea if they were approached by Izzy and Steven than Axl.

• Like 3