GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I think this may be the crux of the matter..what do Slash and Duff really think about this? Have we seen any type of indication on their part that they want an original AFD reunion short term OR long term? We can kind of surmise Axl's view from past statements and recent things heard (not bloody likely), we know what Izzy's terms are, and we know what Steven wants. But those two? It's just too hard to speculate..for all we know, they are equally against Steven being there and paying Izzy an equitable share.

Having said that, as you say, it would be SO special for them to come together for even just one small concert like at the Troubadour to play the full AFD album. I don't think we'll see it, but I never say never.

Judging from what Slash and Duff have said in public over the years, it seems that they'd want it. But as 1) they put filter to what they say in public (unlike Axl and Steven*) 2) they are not talking now, yes, we really don't know.

My guess is that, since there is no other obstacle for them apart from maybe money and they don't have Axl's issues, they'd probably want Izzy involved (I too don't think that they'd want Steven there full time), but they don't mind that it didn't happen of if it doesn't happen. They have been fully aware of where Axl stands and what the reality is for him, and they have accepted it. It doesn't mean though that they are Axl's "yes men" and all the other oversimplified stuff some people say.

* I agree with the point @solstar made. Axl and Steven don't have many things in common, but this they do, although Steven's way of thinking is simplistic and one-dimensional, while Axl's is much more complicated.

Edited by Blackstar
added asterisk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Ok, I'm really bored of all the speculation and people arguing and projecting their personal feelings and hatred onto the members of GNR. We all need to know what really happened in Buenos Aires. @killuridols was a bit nosey so thanks to her I got an exclusive material to show you the thruth :ph34r:

NUoQrx.gif

XIIUpe.gif

h99BA9.gif

Out of likes. Damn! Girlllllll, this is pure GOLD. Thanks for making me laugh!!! :lol::thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

I think a lot of the decisions and issues that might arise were all thrashed out pior to touring, issues such as set lists, fellow musicians, personal requirements all agreed before they moved forward. Once agreements were made and drawn up they felt comfortable enough that no confrontation should occur that could cause drama further down the line. Basically I think they are following a pre agreed plan. 

Yeah, I agree that´s probably the way they handled it, but I still get the impression that Duff & Slash had to compromise much more to make this reunion happen than Axl did, which for now seems to be working ok since they are playing old songs, and do not seem to interact a lot off stage, but I'm not sure how this will play out if they are to create new music, for example.

I think this may be the crux of the matter..what do Slash and Duff really think about this? Have we seen any type of indication on their part that they want an original AFD reunion short term OR long term? We can kind of surmise Axl's view from past statements and recent things heard (not bloody likely), we know what Izzy's terms are, and we know what Steven wants. But those two? It's just too hard to speculate..for all we know, they are equally against Steven being there and paying Izzy an equitable share.

Having said that, as you say, it would be SO special for them to come together for even just one small concert like at the Troubadour to play the full AFD album. I don't think we'll see it, but I never say never.

This. It's really difficult to read these two, but since their opinion on all of this is the one missing right now, it's really arousing my curiosity. Damn this silence pact! <_<

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

* I agree with the point @solstar made. Axl and Steven don't have many things in common, but this they do, although Steven's way of thinking is simplistic and one-dimensional, while Axl's is much more complicated.

Agreed 

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Aww... I'm short too and I was scared as well but I went with a group of people and it was fine. There were plenty of small girls and we all sort of protected each other. 

You just have to pick a good outfit Argie-crowd-proof :lol: and resist as much as you can. Past the first 5 songs if you survived you will be good for the rest of the show ;)

:nervous:

I soo wanna do it though. Maybe after the 5th song I can pretend to faint so that the staff gets me out and Axl waves at me :lol:

Something like this? :lol:

Image result for hockey goalie uniform

hahahhaha totally! do you think I will catch Axl's attention if I wear this? :hahafyou:

• Like 1

I just hope that they will eventually find a way to reunite the AFD 5, give Izzy the money he wants, let Steven play the songs he wanna play. Just do it before one of them dies. Then the  chance is gone forever ... :(

Edited by RooSaa
  • Like 1

MelissaReese.thumb.JPG.d683a7cbb1ccad272Ok...so now smurfette is starting to wear the same clothes as axl, her shirt is from the same label like axl's tacocat shirt is from:o

...or does axl share these days cloth with melissa:confused:

Edited by EricA

39 minutes ago, EricA said:

MelissaReese.thumb.JPG.d683a7cbb1ccad272Ok...so now smurfette is starting to wear the same clothes as axl, her shirt is from the same label like axl's tacocat shirt is from:o

Probably after see Axl tacocat tshirt,  She likes it N' decided to check another clothes like tht

7 hours ago, Andy14 said:

He looks.....skinny :shock:

16906359_270294120066923_5547046916728029184_n.jpg

Now that it was mentioned they're staying in Marina Bay Sands, I realize this was taken around the mall connected to hotel, so at least we know Axl was strolling around :P well he should

46 minutes ago, EricA said:

Ugh

14 hours ago, solstar said:

:nervous:

I soo wanna do it though. Maybe after the 5th song I can pretend to faint so that the staff gets me out and Axl waves at me :lol:

hahahhaha totally! do you think I will catch Axl's attention if I wear this? :hahafyou:

omg, hahaha, you remember that! :lol:

With that outfit you're gonna call Mr. Security Man's attention most likely :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The vibe I've gotten from Axl's interviews in the recent years is that he has fond memories of the early days of the band as much as the other guys and that he feels too that the AFD era was the real thing: he's told stories from those days, he said he missed the process of writing songs etc. He's also said though that it couldn't be repeated because (I'm paraphrasing) the circumstances of that era can't be reproduced and the people have changed. I think he really believes it and he wasn't saying it just as an excuse for not doing the reunion (I also think there's truth to it - I want to see the AFD 5 again even for one show, but I doubt that these five guys can now sit in a room and make music as they did). And I agree that he sees no meaning in anniversary gigs and special occasions.

Apart from the above (and more importantly), Axl's position is more complicated and odd, if we see things from his perspective. The other 4 don't have to justify or denounce anything, they don't have anything to lose, but Axl had a band called GnR all these years and he has this weight to carry. He's comfortable with the current hybrid thing which to him is partly a reunion and partly a continuation, not an attempt of a "resurrection" of the old band. He probably feels that agreeing to a full reunion would equal to him admitting that he failed; and he won't admit it, not just due to ego and stubbornness (he has both), but because imo he doesn't believe he failed; whatever our opinion as fans is on CD, Axl still believes in it (maybe he has some regrets about the production, but he thinks the material is good) and he probably hopes that these songs may have a chance with the public with Slash playing them.

To make a long story short, my guess is that Axl wouldn't do an AFD reunion at this point (ie. this year) even if it was for just one show. I don't rule it out though for some time in the future; I see him doing it when he thinks that it's time to put GnR to rest for good (I think that the semi-reunion is, for him, the beginning of the last chapter of GnR).

It seems to me that wanting again AFD era GNR is like wanting Beatles in late 70s go back to stadium-era band. People evolve. Bands evolve. Circumstances change. I really liked their Beatles` new Eight days a week documentary, nice insight into band dynamics and personalities evolution. 

• Like 1