GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

:wow: what da...

I know, right? :wow: Giving the AFD feel to a UYI track with a cover band, in the middle of a bar in Bs As, god :headbang: Steven :wub:

47 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

kymgibbs

Ohhhh yeahhhhh. :heart:

Ohh, the leaningTM  :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ubukitty said:

Loving this pic although he could lose the cap. Why is some pics I can see a little belly but here it looks like it's gone. Good for me, I'm happy.

I'm trying to figure out what he is doing with his hair in this pic.  Is most of it in a ponytail (hidden by his neck) or is it pushed up under his cap??  

Just now, Fansince88 said:

I'm trying to figure out what he is doing with his hair in this pic.  Is most of it in a ponytail (hidden by his neck) or is it pushed up under his cap??  

I noticed it too and was wondering the same thing....maybe he was trying to not be noticed so he wouldn't have to do pics :P

• Like 1

23 hours ago, solstar said:

Well I'm quite petite so I was afraid I would not survive the pogo... but I'm gonna take courage next time! :lol:

I agree with you about Duff & Slash choosing not to confront Axl so as not to alienate him (that was what I was aiming at in my previous post). But then, I wonder how they deal with him when they do not agree with his decisions. It must be extremely difficult to work with someone you often need to tiptoe around :wacko: For example, I don't think Duff or Slash would have agreed with not letting Steven play his two songs in BA on Nov 4th IF they had had a say in this; however, this did not happen. I wonder if this type of situations happens more often than we know, and what role they play in the decision-making. 

Maybe, but would the others "gang up" and approach him? They wouldn't do it back in the day, and I'm not sure how they manage stuff now.:shrugs:

I get the impression Axl can be easy going maybe as a friend, or when socializing, but I don't think he's the same with GNR related issues, especially when "important" decisions are at stake, like the line-up, the set list, guest appearances, etc. What is your basis for thinking that Slash has as much say as Axl? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Well, Izzy did say he is not part of the reunion because they did not want to divide the loot equally, which might mean he would be interested if they did. :shrugs:

Well for one slash always says he and axl are BOTH stubborn af so I don't think slash would let go of things so easily that he wants to do. It has been documented that axl and slash disagreed often during the UYI days but slash would always put up a fight before finally giving in to axl just so that he'd go on stage or do whatever slash needed him to do at the time. Now that he's sober especially I definitely don't think he'd come back to gnr if axl was still calling all the shots. I think slash clearly cares about the legacy of the band and how the outcome of this reunion and he wants/needs to be in control along with axl obviously and make decisions to make sure it's the best it can be. But that's just my humble opinion

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I noticed it too and was wondering the same thing....maybe he was trying to not be noticed so he wouldn't have to do pics :P

He just wanna do some shopping and gambling, unnoticed :P 

No way, I would still recognize him haha, too bad, Axl

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Steven:wub:

Who is that singer? Nobody kill me please...he sounds like Axl. :headbang:

:smiley-confused2:

Some guy from my country. I don't know him but he does pretty good! :o

4 hours ago, dgnr said:

I know, right? :wow: Giving the AFD feel to a UYI track with a cover band, in the middle of a bar in Bs As, god :headbang: Steven :wub:

I wish I had known about this so I could have gone but then again, everything was too complicated to me and I had a plane to catch the following morning :unsure:

2 hours ago, Crazedlioness said:

Now that he's sober especially I definitely don't think he'd come back to gnr if axl was still calling all the shots. I think slash clearly cares about the legacy of the band and how the outcome of this reunion and he wants/needs to be in control along with axl obviously and make decisions to make sure it's the best it can be. But that's just my humble opinion

But then Axl gets upset about Steven showing up when he wasn't supposed to and "punishes" him for breaking the rules.

Did Slash and Duff stand up for Steven? Or maybe they agreed with the "punishment".

who knows....

6 hours ago, Alja said:

It seems to me that wanting again AFD era GNR is like wanting Beatles in late 70s go back to stadium-era band. People evolve. Bands evolve. Circumstances change. I really liked their Beatles` new Eight days a week documentary, nice insight into band dynamics and personalities evolution. 

I don't think people want the AFD era again. I think what many of us want is to see real good old chemistry on and off stage, which was so powelful back in the day that you could not help but notice this band. IMO it was that chemistry that allowed the AFD5 to write the wonderful music that we love, and also to get most of their following. Now that some of them got together, we want them to write new music too, but we have many doubts as to how that is gonna ever happen with the current state of things.

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But then Axl gets upset about Steven showing up when he wasn't supposed to and "punishes" him for breaking the rules.

Did Slash and Duff stand up for Steven? Or maybe they agreed with the "punishment".

who knows....

Exactly this. I personally don't think that Slash & Duff agreed with the "punishment", but as they haven't made any comments, we don't know.

About the point @Crazedlioness made about Slash being stubborn (thanks for sharing btw!), I'm not so sure about that. He strikes me as a very flexible guy, especially since he's been able to collaborate with so many musicians. And even though I would love it for him to have a bigger say in this reunion, because I really want him to feel happy with it, in the hope that will inspire him to write something new with Axl; the current line-up, the set list, the guest appearances speak Axl all over the place to me, and I'm not quite sure how satisfied Slash feels about all this.

• Like 1

Not sure if any of you read this interview regarding Axl fronting AC/DC and a new album from the two of them but here is just part of it that I found interesting.

“I feel protective; I feel I do not want to let this guy down – more than almost anybody I’ve ever known – and I don’t know why,” Rose said last June. “And he’s very responsive to me. And they said they hadn’t seen him this happy, they hadn’t seen him moving around [this much]. In between songs, he’s playing other stuff [that has inspired potential new song ideas]. So that’s kind of a neat thing between musicians.”

Read More: Unconfirmed Rumor: Axl Rose and Angus Young Prepping New AC/DC Album | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-acdc-album/?trackback=tsmclip

Read More: Unconfirmed Rumor: Axl Rose and Angus Young Prepping New AC/DC Album | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-acdc-album/?trackback=tsmclip

10 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

Loving this pic although he could lose the cap. Why is some pics I can see a little belly but here it looks like it's gone. Good for me, I'm happy.

He is wearing a bigger black tshirt, helps to hide the belly. :) But he looks good in this pic.

• Like 1

Duff has now started walking around with a walking cane? As well as the ridiculous hat!

He's been spending too much time with Axl.

Looks like GnR were having a party. Tyler Bryant's band played it. Seen loads of pics of people like Kat and Fernando etc as well as Slash and Duff.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Duff has now started walking around with a walking cane? As well as the ridiculous hat!

He's been spending too much time with Axl.

Looks like GnR were having a party. Tyler Bryant's band played it. Seen loads of pics of people like Kat and Fernando etc as well as Slash and Duff.

With that other hat and this walking cane he'll look like Charlie Chaplin :facepalm:

• Like 4