GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

7 hours ago, hair of the dog said:

Just found this on youtube.  Young Axl with 2016 voice...

That is really interesting to see. Shows how much force and quality Axl really had back in the day. Also the band was more to the point. We all knew that of course.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2017 at 8:26 PM, Powerage5 said:

BS would be able to give you a better answer. I, for lack of a better term, haven't been taking buying GN'R tickets seriously since the reunion. With how expensive their tickets are now, my plan nowadays is to wait until the week of the show and get whatever is cheap. My days of being on the barrier are over at $300-$400 for a pit ticket. 

Thank you very much for doing that @Powerage5. I take it you've seen the band live before, then? I can understand how you'd feel that way about current ticket prices. After 30 years of fandom the Slane gig in May will be my first time (my mom wouldn't let me go when they last played there in '92, she said I was too young :facepalm:). I simply have to go now and swallow the prices.

On 2/25/2017 at 10:30 PM, Fansince88 said:

IMG_0739.pngTheir expressions are kind of odd, but their shoulders are touching. Slaxl:headbang:

Shoulders AND whole upper arms!! Slaaaaxlllll :wub::headbang:

On 2/25/2017 at 11:11 PM, marlingrl03 said:

So the jump came right before the first Jungle scream. :D

Re jump: he's imitating someone in the audience, you can see them at the front with their hand going up and down. Funny Axl :wub:!

And how about that serpentine right when he starts singing?? He still has it for sure. Serpentine makes me weak at the knees. :drool:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

:wow:

It fucking well IS Chinese Democracy!! Wow!! I hate the album of the same name but I always liked CD, no wonder, it's cos Slash wrote the riff :o

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

no wonder Axl had three guitarists and replaced them many many times. He was so desperate in looking for Slash's replacement, the one who able to recreate those riffs he made. Eventually he comes back to Slash :P 

#goslaxl #slaxl4ever

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It fucking well IS Chinese Democracy!! Wow!! I hate the album of the same name but I always liked CD, no wonder, it's cos Slash wrote the riff :o

The discussion on this is very interesting. Others say that it's identical, others that it's a very common chord progression. I can't really tell as I'm not a musician, but it sounds the same to me...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The discussion on this is very interesting. Others say that it's identical, others that it's a very common chord progression. I can't really tell as I'm not a musician, but it sounds the same to me...

I know right? Ok, so anyone can think of this basic chord progression, even I could think the same, but the beat per chord, the delay in between, it's just too coincidental. I was shocked when I hear it.

so here's my theory, Slash loved to repeat this riff even while jamming, somehow thought this into new song so they recorded it and stored in GN'R archive. 10 years later, NuGN'R used this riff...who knows