GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Wow this thread has moved really fast since my last visit! Well done folks!

@chers welcome to the jungle btw :headbang:

I guess the TB discussion usually arises quite a lot of controversy here so please don't take it personal :hug:(if you check out the old thread you'll see it's always been pretty much the same).  Posters have very strong opinions about TB and the good thing is that it generates very interesting debate (damn, you people can come up with very good arguments!:thumbsup:)

That being said,  I'll get in the drama myself and give my two cents (and once it's over I'll continue with Erin :lol: :smiley-confused2:)

I agree mostly with @Asia and @KiraMPD 's thoughts on this one (not quoting so as not to make the post that long). And in the end, I insist, whether TB are in the picture or not is always up to Axl, and he's been deciding for many many years now to have them there, so I guess they must have been giving him what he feels he needs. Even Axl himself made fun of the fans who mistrust TB in the Brazilian interview he gave last year. :shrugs:

23 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think Axl is afraid of losing TB, his security, his family, his people who help him handle his complicated life and that might lead him to accept some blackmailing or pressure or whatever lobby TB does to get they want from him.

Beta telling him that she would leave if he didn't make her a manager is just one example of the kind of manipulation you can play with a powerless person or weak spirit.

I think it's only natural that Axl is afraid of losing TB. Apparently they mean a lot to him, and most importantly, he trusts them -something def not easy for this guy.  However, I don't think TB blackmails Axl - when you have a relationship with someone, personal or work, and you want to keep it, you need to compromise,  and I reckon that's what Axl's been doing to keep Beta around. And I also reckon TB have probably had to compromise a whole lot to be around Axl as well. Neither of them are saints or sinners imo.

About the bolded, I imagine, at some point, especially with Axl, you need to put your foot down.

14 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Trying to catch up but since my family is filled with red headed men and women and I'm a redhead, figured I'd clear up at least his coloring.

Red hair generally goes darker, like an Auburn or lighter like a blond as you get older. It depends on the tint of your hair really.

Most redheads don't tend to grey or grey as fast. Many actually get lighter until one day it's white. My grandmother's hair went auburn darker as she got older until it turned white in her 70s.

Thank you for clarifying this for me! This supports what @Blackstar and @killuridols have been saying, so I guess Axl does not dye his hair then.  So, he doesn't dye, he doesn't use products for the frizz...does he even have a hairdresser??? Maybe we can start a campaign to help him on this very important matter to us #ahairdresserforaxl :hahafyou:

23 hours ago, killuridols said:

Im not very excited about the RIR thing because I'm not going to that shit and it is so bleh <_<.... Are you going?

I don't know what you mean by bleh, but a week in Rio with Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, RHCP and our guys sounds like heaven to me! :headbang:

If I can get it sorted, I'm there!

And you also know what this confirmation probably means, right? :wow:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Slash is funny, He avoided Axl after He quit but He keeps talking/ thinking about Axl,  He's very obsessed with Axl:rolleyes:

He kept talking about Axl because they constantly asked in Interviews about him and GNR. I wouldnt call that being obsessed, its just answering questions.

Edited by RooSaa

7 hours ago, solstar said:

I don't know what you mean by bleh, but a week in Rio with Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, RHCP and our guys sounds like heaven to me! :headbang:

If I can get it sorted, I'm there!

And you also know what this confirmation probably means, right? :wow:

I'm really not a fan of Bon Jovi or RHCP :shrugs:

I love Aerosmith but I already saw them last year here and same for GN'R. I don't think I wanna see them in a festival where I have to spend hours and hours waiting for the bands I care for and of course, it would be a lot of money to go there so nah, I'll save it for in case they come to Argentina again.

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As @Frey said already, situations like this have nothing to do with whether someone is a regular person or a millionaire (and like @killuridols said it might be even more difficult in the case of Axl, as the the people in question are deeply involved in business affairs as well). Money don't make a difference here. Axl had the money to seek for proper therapy even before he met TB, but he didn't. You see, it's not that simple. And it's even more complicated because he seemingly feels that he owes these people no less than he's alive and functioning as much as he is; which is not totally unfounded, if the stories coming from various sources about Axl's suicide attempts in the 90s and 00s are true (and most likely they are).

This thread got really interesting and I'm really curious about these various sources/lists/other stories. The suicide attempt thing breaks my heart -- although the only one I can think of is about Coma. From Wiki:

In an interview, on August 31, 1990, with MTV's Kurt Loder on Famous Last Words, Axl talks about the song "Coma":

There's a song called Coma that's like 11 minutes 45 seconds long with no chorus. And I think there was only one verse that somewhere it repeats itself. It's Slash's baby. It's his monster. The song used to be called Girth.

But I started writing about when I OD'ed 4 years ago. The reason I OD'd was because of stress. I couldn't take it. And I just grabbed the bottle of pills in an argument and just gulped them down and I ended up in the hospital. But I liked that I wasn't in the fight anymore and I was fully conscious that I was leaving. I liked that. But then I go, all of a sudden, my first real thoughts were that "okay, you haven't toured enough. The record's not going to last; it's going to be forgotten. This and that, you have work to do. Get out of this." And I went "No!" and I woke up, you know, and pulled myself out of it.

But in the describing of that, some people could take it wrong and think this means "go put yourself into a coma," you know. And so it's really tricky, and I'm still playing with the words to figure out how to, like, show some hope in there.

6 minutes ago, blonde_illusion said:

This thread got really interesting and I'm really curious about these various sources/lists/other stories. The suicide attempt thing breaks my heart -- although the only one I can think of is about Coma.

It seems there were a couple more attempts in the 90's...

From Mick Wall's book "Last Of The Giants: The True Story of Guns N’ Roses"

Spoiler

When, though, in October 1996, Slash did an online interview where he admitted that ‘right now, Axl and I are deliberating over the future of our relationship’, Axl felt angry, hurt and utterly betrayed. He rushed to get his side of the story out, sending a fax to MTV on 30 October in which he suggested it was his decision that Slash should leave, one he had actually made as far back as 1995. He could no longer work with him, he said, because the guitarist had lost his ‘dive in and find the monkey’ attitude. Privately, however, Axl felt more alone than he ever had before. First Steven, then Izzy . . . now Slash? What was happening to him? In the most fragile moment of the night, he blamed himself. That’s when Doug would get the calls from Beta, begging him to come over and talk Axl down. Up to face the day, though, Axl would know again that it wasn’t him it was them. Fuck ’em all!

You should also see the video of Axl thanking Beta during RIR 2001.

There were a couple more sources that suggested that Axl attempted suicide more than once but this is all I can think of off the top of my head. I would suggest looking trough the old Women's thread as more sources and quotes were posted there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RooSaa said:

He kept talking about Axl because they constantly asked in Interviews about him and GNR. I wouldnt call that being obsessed, its just answering questions.

I guess You didnt read old Women thread then. Slash kept thinking about Axl, He defend Axl in His mind when Someone mock Axl in front of Him, You can read it on His book. its when He met St.  Louis Biker N' Scott said bad things about Axl, (I believe the one who makes Ash apologize about Axl is Slash)  also Slash even thought tht Someone tht He work with made an album about Axl while actually its not cause He never met Axl.

Also tht moment when He went to Axl house, want to reconciliation 

N'He even still kept dat Estranged Rocking Dino a gift from Axl when They had a feud

27 minutes ago, blonde_illusion said:

This thread got really interesting and I'm really curious about these various sources/lists/other stories. The suicide attempt thing breaks my heart -- although the only one I can think of is about Coma. From Wiki:

In an interview, on August 31, 1990, with MTV's Kurt Loder on Famous Last Words, Axl talks about the song "Coma":

There's a song called Coma that's like 11 minutes 45 seconds long with no chorus. And I think there was only one verse that somewhere it repeats itself. It's Slash's baby. It's his monster. The song used to be called Girth.

But I started writing about when I OD'ed 4 years ago. The reason I OD'd was because of stress. I couldn't take it. And I just grabbed the bottle of pills in an argument and just gulped them down and I ended up in the hospital. But I liked that I wasn't in the fight anymore and I was fully conscious that I was leaving. I liked that. But then I go, all of a sudden, my first real thoughts were that "okay, you haven't toured enough. The record's not going to last; it's going to be forgotten. This and that, you have work to do. Get out of this." And I went "No!" and I woke up, you know, and pulled myself out of it.

But in the describing of that, some people could take it wrong and think this means "go put yourself into a coma," you know. And so it's really tricky, and I'm still playing with the words to figure out how to, like, show some hope in there.

Dats accident not suicide,  Its not tht.  He tried to suicide after Slash left also I think He ever said before tht He hurted Himself but stop

Edited by SerenityScorp

17 hours ago, chers said:

The point is he's a grown ass adult, yet people keep blaming everyone around him at his problems, he can do whatever fucking decision he wants, he can keep the people around, but he's responsible at some point for his own problems, everyone is

I think he's owned up about that. Like, there was an interview in 2012, he's gotten help or whatever and sorted through his shit. People change over the years, I don't know. I don't see the issue with his team, if it makes him happy/less lonely, then so be it.

Just now, blonde_illusion said:

I think he's owned up about that. Like, there was an interview in 2012, he's gotten help or whatever and sorted through his shit. People change over the years, I don't know. I don't see the issue with his team, if it makes him happy/less lonely, then so be it.

I dont see Him happy with TB :lol:

I dont even see Him happy like this when Izzy N' Duff back

Only Slash can makes Axl happy :rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I guess You didnt read old Women thread then. Slash kept thinking about Axl, He defend Axl in His mind when Someone mock Axl in front of Him, You can read it on His book. its when He met St.  Louis Biker N' Scott said bad things about Axl, (I believe the one who makes Ash apologize about Axl is Slash)  also Slash even thought tht Someone tht He work with made an album about Axl while actually its not cause He never met Axl.

I read a huge part of the old thread, but not everything and also not every word. :) Thanks for all the examples, but i still wouldn't call that an Obession. If Slash would think about Axl 100% of his time, talking all the time about him, with everyone he mets and spends his time with, using his time to see what Axl is doing day and night,  that would be an Obession. :) But thats not what he did.

EDIT: We have different opinion about that, its okay :)

Edited by RooSaa
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

I read a huge part of the old thread, but not everything and also not every word. :) Thanks for all the examples, but i still wouldn't call that an Obession. If Slash would think about Axl 100% of his time, talking all the time about him, with everyone he mets and spends his time with, using his time to see what Axl is doing day and night,  that would be an Obession. :) But thats not what he did.

He's not honest with Himself,  He just tried to act cool like usual,  unlike Axl He tried to hide or deny His obsession :rolleyes:

N'I forgot about some Slash Snakepit songs about Axl

Edited by SerenityScorp

8 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

That nickname suits Him well :rofl-lol:

We are dancing with,  Mr Wardrobe~

He used to wear a little but a little wouldn't do it
So the little got more and more~
He just keep trying to look a little better
Said the little better than before~

tumblr_omjgnjCiM41vkt6tqo1_500.jpg

Mr. Wardrobe :rofl-lol:

On 3/7/2017 at 6:50 PM, solstar said:

Yeah! I love the fact that Slash has a gf his age. I mean, he is Slash, he could have anyone,  but still he chooses to hang out with somene he has things in common and can connect with. I think that's pretty mature of him, and sweet! Axl seems to have more limitations emotionally speaking, but still he is showing some growth. Good for him too!:heart:

About the Steven issue, Axl flew to BA with the band (he had been spending time with them since Peru actually, i.e. about a week or two). True - he was in a different hotel in BA and probably that is the reason why he was not in the loop about Steven, but this is precisely what makes me think that he is not that aware of what's going on around him. As long as he keeps himself isolated from the rest of the world and nobody bothers to tell him stuff (God forbid the prince is disturbed and throws out a tantrum), he will be missing on lots of stuff.

YESSSSS. Exactly this! Finally I've found someone who can see this resemblance! It's like twins separated at birth! :lol: Seriously, they are so similar in so many levels - everybody either workships or hates them, and the people around them just humour them so as to avoid their tantrums, and what's worse, they seem to enjoy having this group of kissass suckers around . :facepalm: I think they are even a similar age. Have they ever met? THAT would be an interesting encounter :P

Maradona has children though, and they might be somewhat of an anchor for him. Axl, on the other hand...

TB could be an obstacle for Axl dating opportunities as long as he wants it that way. In the end, it is only up to him to decide to date someone more seriously, and I don't think TB or anyone could stop him if he sets up his mind.

Now, seriously, you would not date Axl even if he told you "You are beautiful"? :lol:

I'd date him. I'm old enough, but probably too young for him -- in my twenties. I'm sensitive and moody like he is, though, so we might get along. Or not, really. I'd get cabin fever staying at home all the time.

2 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

It seems there were a couple more attempts in the 90's...

From Mick Wall's book "Last Of The Giants: The True Story of Guns N’ Roses"

Hide contents

When, though, in October 1996, Slash did an online interview where he admitted that ‘right now, Axl and I are deliberating over the future of our relationship’, Axl felt angry, hurt and utterly betrayed. He rushed to get his side of the story out, sending a fax to MTV on 30 October in which he suggested it was his decision that Slash should leave, one he had actually made as far back as 1995. He could no longer work with him, he said, because the guitarist had lost his ‘dive in and find the monkey’ attitude. Privately, however, Axl felt more alone than he ever had before. First Steven, then Izzy . . . now Slash? What was happening to him? In the most fragile moment of the night, he blamed himself. That’s when Doug would get the calls from Beta, begging him to come over and talk Axl down. Up to face the day, though, Axl would know again that it wasn’t him it was them. Fuck ’em all!

You should also see the video of Axl thanking Beta during RIR 2001.

There were a couple more sources that suggested that Axl attempted suicide more than once but this is all I can think of off the top of my head. I would suggest looking trough the old Women's thread as more sources and quotes were posted there.

Wow. Yeah, I saw the RIR bit of him thanking Beta, it was really emotional. I watched a few performances from it and it was good, minus technical difficulties.

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Also tht moment when He went to Axl house, want to reconciliation 

N'He even still kept dat Estranged Rocking Dino a gift from Axl when They had a feud

Dats accident not suicide,  Its not tht.  He tried to suicide after Slash left also I think He ever said before tht He hurted Himself but stop

My bad, I assumed that was one of his attempts. I think he talked about it in Don't Cry, the making of -- 1990 being a bad year for him? His divorce and all of that. I assumed it was kind of linked to that.

Somehow I have a slightly different gut feeling regarding TB from reading this and the old threat. Gut feeling because I never know as much as some of you guys know here. Somehow I cannot really see that Axl is so weak and afraid of loosing TB that he gives in to blackmailing. I think both sides, Axl and TB or "his brazilian family" have grown together and are something as a family of choice or a substitute family. They sure have been through a lot together and somehow Axl must have had his reasons to stay close to them. We can only speculate wether TB was his only choice or whether they "fit". Some families are very much also about business and the things are run in the family. So somehow it also could be a substitute family that is kind of business oriented? 

I do see that some TB-moves appear as rather manipulative, for example the management-question. But we never really know what went down behind the walls, what kind of drama Axl ensued etc. Axl has made some poor decisions on who should be leading his management, who should be his assistant etc. Maybe there was so much drama with all those management decisions that TB wanted to clear the scene once and for all. :shrugs:

By the way, @KiraMPD, what interview is Izzy's remark about singing with a woman from? Do you happen to have a link maybe? :P

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, blonde_illusion said:

I'd date him. I'm old enough, but probably too young for him -- in my twenties. I'm sensitive and moody like he is, though, so we might get along. Or not, really. I'd get cabin fever staying at home all the time.

Hi,

I like both Slash:heart: and Axl also,  ; you're funny, I get you about Ax'ls moody and sensitive personality.

BTW, is this Jennifer LaWrence in your profile cool

• Like 1