GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

9 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

That must be quite something! But its understandable under such circumstances..no one smells like lillies when not being able to take a shower.

The office warriors on the other hand.. -_-
and obviously some people have naturally smelly feet, does not mean that they have no personal hygiene..it's just they could use more self reflection I guess, and not torture the others 

I totally agree with that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

tumblr_ojpqwz7nDl1vkt6tqo4_r1_1280.jpg

The most unsettling thing about this picture is the hat on the table...I hope it's not Axls and that it will never have a stage debut :facepalm:

And I agree with you and this photo shows it all well indeed, and it's one the photos I had in mind when I said there is so much going on in is house :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dgnr said:

OMG I was losing my sleep on this subject and after all it was all my fault? :o Ok, I just changed my profile pic, now you should be able to fix it :P 

And agree on the shoe thing :hug:

Omg did you just put Andrei in your profile pic? :o

:facepalm:

Ok, about the drawing, I guess my brain damage has been done already :rofl-lol:. I can't "unknow" you or "unsee" you anymore. So expect just a drawing of your old pic :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

That's true.

Being argentinian on the other hand... :rofl-lol:

Eh?

Shut up...:max:

That reminded me of this joke :lol:

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Oh Meegan.... How can she be so fine?? :drool:

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Ok, first lets get rid of the whole "slippers" notion, we do not do that here lol. It's stockings, socks or bare feet all the way haha. (only grandmas get a pass, they usually wear their comfy sandals around.)

I've never hosted such a Formal dinner, so I can't really say..but if women are coming in with their high heels and such, No, I wouldn't ask them to take them off. So you are safe if you show up to my house in a gown :lol:

I went to an Easter dinner hosted by a Persian family..I showed up in a skirt and high heeled boots..I went to take them off and they were all "No no no no leave them on!" But I couldn't, I just couldn't, it felt weird to walk around in someone's house in high heeled boots. So I was the only one in stockinged feet while all the other women came and left their heels/boots on..then I did feel very odd lol. But I didn't know! Too bad this thread wasn't around then. :lol:

Ok. That sounds better.... because, really, I still think the whole idea is ridiculous. I used the formal dinner example, but it could be any other kind of meeting. I always dress kinda cool to visit people, so the whole idea of ruining my outfit to put on slippers when I'm at their houses, it turns me off and makes me not wanna pay the visit at all.

1 hour ago, Sekh-met said:

:lol: feel ya!
The worst thing for me nowadays is that a lot of my colleagues in the office take their shoes off and wear some other indoor shoes or whatever, but then there are some that just take the shoes off for a while and...the smell is creeping on me from under the other end of the desk :vomit:

Go for it! rock3
But seriously, I think most of the people would not mind that much and think you have a point and just mop the floor after you leave.

But who knows maybe they got one of these! :rofl-lol:
123-20121026082042.jpg 

I should get couple of pairs just in case..for forein visitors :heart:

I like that stuff better!! :wow: 

Now seriously, how bad your shoes can get? This is something that doesn't fit in my mind and I don't live in the cleanest place in the world.

We don't get snow in my town but we have asphalt and sidewalks. We pay high taxes so that the city administration keep the streets clean, swept and free of "crap". Also, every neighbor is supposed to clean the front of their houses or their sidewalk.

I don't go out and come back with shoes that look like they went to the war. I find all of this very strange :crazy:

Also, I don't believe in floors perfectly clean. Even if you don't wear your street shoes inside, there's always dust that enters through open windows and doors. There's dust in the air all the time. You can't get rid of that. So, no, you don't let your kids crawl the floor. At least, that's what we tell kids here.... Don't crawl the floor, don't eat things that fell on the floor...

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Also, I don't believe in floors perfectly clean. Even if you don't wear your street shoes inside, there's always dust that enters through open windows and doors. There's dust in the air all the time. You can't get rid of that. So, no, you don't let your kids crawl the floor. At least, that's what we tell kids here.... Don't crawl the floor, don't eat things that fell on the floor...

I don't really have a dog in this fight either way (to each their own as far as Im concerned), but where else would you let your kids crawl? Babies and toddlers need to crawl around and tend to spend a lot of time on the floor playing and stuff, that's just a fact.

I always take my shoes off when I go to my cousin's house for example. She has two little ones and I don't need to walk all over the floor they crawl around and play on with my dirty street shoes.

I agree with @stella and whoever else said that walking around with street shoes inside a house is rather unhygienic. You're dragging all the crap from outside in. Usually I don't give much of a fuck because I have a healthy immune system and people over-do it with their hygienic concerns these days anyaway, but if you have small kids it is a concern.

9 minutes ago, Frey said:

I don't really have a dog in this fight either way (to each their own as far as Im concerned), but where else would you let your kids crawl? Babies and toddlers need to crawl around and tend to spend a lot of time on the floor playing and stuff, that's just a fact.

I always take my shoes off when I go to my cousin's house for example. She has two little ones and I don't need to walk all over the floor they crawl around and play on with my dirty street shoes.

I agree with @stella and whoever else said that walking around with street shoes inside a house is rather unhygienic. You're dragging all the crap from outside in. Usually I don't give much of a fuck because I have a healthy immune system and people over-do it with their hygienic concerns these days anyaway, but if you have small kids it is a concern.

For babies and toddlers, you put a rug or one of these things. They are made for crawling in a safe environment - which is not the plain floor - :rolleyes:

gateadores-guarderias.jpg

Like I said before, I don't walk around my house with my shoes on if I'm back for good and gonna stay in. I put on my slippers and I do it mostly for a comfort reason rather than hygiene. I have never caught a disease originated by the use of street shoes inside the house. It is always another human being that passes their viruses to me, in an office, the bus, the shopping mall... That kind of places.

We never take our shoes off when we go to other people's houses. It is not our custom and our weather is not as bad to make our shoes incredibly dirty with mud, snow, water, etc.

I live in a major city in Argentina. We have asphalt and sidewalks for the most part. There's urban cleaning that, more or less, do their jobs fine. It is quite unlikely that you step on dead animals, dog shit, urine and that kind of stuff. But I understand it's also impossible to keep the streets 100% clean. These people are oftenly seen around where I live...

image5865b7184f7823.11440010.jpg

The hygiene of a house it is something their owners are in charge of. Not their guests or friends or relatives. So, that's not the custom here.

If your visits make your floor dirty, you clean after they are gone and that's it. The other way it is seen as something quite rude and it is very odd you'll be asked to take your shoes off when you visit someone (unless they are visible dirty or wet).

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I like that stuff better!! :wow: 

Would go well with your dinner outfit! B-)

We don't get snow in my town but we have asphalt and sidewalks. We pay high taxes so that the city administration keep the streets clean, swept and free of "crap". Also, every neighbor is supposed to clean the front of their houses or their sidewalk.

I don't go out and come back with shoes that look like they went to the war. I find all of this very strange :crazy:

I wish I could say I see that my taxes are put to good use, such as cleaning the streets..or anything other than someones pockets.

When the weather is fine and everything is dry outside it is mostly ok and the shoes are not all that dirrty..but other times something like this can happen:

People make jokes here that this happens in one particular club..and it is rather accurate :rofl-lol: and this is not even my final form ..j/k

Nothing can be perfectly clean, it is just impossible. As you said it is in the air and the dust settles immediately after you clean something, this however applies to everything around us..not just the floor. Kids here crawl around the floors..and everywhere..they are and unstoppable force lol. I know I ate stuff from the pavements on numerous occasions when I was a kid and mom was not looking..I say it was good for my immune system when someone goes eeeww :awesomeface:

2 hours ago, Frey said:

On a more serious note, it's a good thing I guess his house feels like a proper home, considering how much time he spends there (or rather has spent there in the past). He didn't leave his house much for years or even decades, so it better be nice and comfy at least :scared:

tumblr_ojpqwz7nDl1vkt6tqo4_r1_1280.jpg

Yea, I kinda feel glad first time seeing this pic, I realized he has a pretty normal home. For someone like Axl, it's surprising really. I can see some furnitures and wall paintings come from the time when the house still perfectly full furnished and then over years it just mashed up with new furnitures replacing old ones, etc...

For babies and toddlers, you put a rug or one of these things. They are made for crawling in a safe environment - which is not the plain floor - :rolleyes:

gateadores-guarderias.jpg

Ain't it a bit......small? :wow: Children usually crawl everywhere and are faster than you think, so trying to keep them at such a small mat may seem mission impossible :shock:. Well, at least all the children I know :nervous:

3 hours ago, Sekh-met said:

123-20121026082042.jpg 

Omg, seeing this always reminds me that I need to make a doctor's appointment. Lol. :smiley-confused2:

Anyway, taking off one's shoes is a matter of habit or some cultural norm. I will definitely not take my shoes off when I come visit you guys, who don't do it at your homes. :rofl-lol: (even though I'm sure nobody will invite me after this discussion) However, if I'm not sure I will ask the host whether to take my shoes off or not. 

If somebody stops by and insists on keeping their shoes on (and the shoes are clean), I have no problems with that, but they probably won't be allowed in a room with a carpet or put their shoes on my sofa or tea table. :anger::P So, sorry Axl. Lol. Omg, only the idea of his horrendous boots on my beige sofa gives me nightmares :scared::no:. It got me thinking...@dgnr Don't forget to add this to our Women's thread European party invitation - "NO FUGLY BOOTS ALLOWED INSIDE" :max:

Really funny discussion, btw., I always like learning about various cultural differences and when abroad I respect their local laws and customs, even though I feel like an idiot sometimes or find myself in embarassing situations when I try doing things my way. :lol:

• Like 1

Wow, this thread is so active right now, hard to catch up. Few things I have to say off the top of my head.

Dijon is beautiful! :heart:

That pic of Slash and Steven warms my heart. Love me some SlaVen! :wub:

Meegan is wearing Frank's pants. If we get to convince Slash there's something between them, the reunion will be closer than ever :ph34r:

Love how upset @killuridols is with the no-shoes policy. It's like she's about to start the WWIII because of this :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Ain't it a bit......small? :wow: Children usually crawl everywhere and are faster than you think, so trying to keep them at such a small mat may seem mission impossible :shock:. Well, at least all the children I know :nervous:

Image result for bigger in the inside meme

14 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Wow, this thread is so active right now, hard to catch up. Few things I have to say off the top of my head.

Dijon is beautiful! :heart:

That pic of Slash and Steven warms my heart. Love me some SlaVen! :wub:

Meegan is wearing Frank's pants. If we get to convince Slash there's something between them, the reunion will be closer than ever :ph34r:

Love how upset @killuridols is with the no-shoes policy. It's like she's about to start the WWIII because of this :rofl-lol:

Or Stash :awesomeface:

Edited by SerenityScorp

11 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Of course I'm following all your rules. I wouldn't want to uspet you ever! :heart:

Oh shut up and let's get married already! :heart:

11 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Oh man, what am I getting into? :nervous:

It's ok, it's just...It was Friday night! A girl has to do what a girl has to do :shrugs::P 

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Omg did you just put Andrei in your profile pic? :o

:facepalm:

Yeah, I did :ph34r:  Isn't he the cutest? :wub:

37 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

It got me thinking...@dgnr Don't forget to add this to our Women's thread European party invitation - "NO FUGLY BOOTS ALLOWED INSIDE" :max:

Definitely! Not your ugly boots in our party, Axl, no way :max:

9 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Please, let it be Stash :P

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

It's ok, it's just...It was Friday night! A girl has to do what a girl has to do :shrugs::P 

Yeah, I did :ph34r:  Isn't he the cutest? :wub:

Definitely! Not your ugly boots in our party, Axl, no way :max:

Please, let it be Stash :P

Its official!

5 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

^This would actually be an interesting idea for a thread.  People could summarize/review some of the books they have read about muscians and bands and the people around them. 

About the shoes:   We usually don't wear shoes at home, however when my daughter was young she loved Legos and we had to wear shoes because those suckers hurt like hell if you step on one. 

Can anyone tell me what is in the left background of this picture. Is it a fish tank with lights?  Is there a Christmas tree?  A Christmas tree inside a fish tank? I had GNR on my TiVo wishlist and it always recorded a show about DJ Ashba having a customized fish tank, maybe Axl has one too? 

IMG_0767.jpg

That would be a good thread!..uh, you start it lol.

I think the Christmas tree is outside, but it sure does look nice with the lights reflected in the tank..

Also, no one has mentioned..shoes aside, doesn't it ALSO seem weird, that you come home, kick back and relax on the couch..and leave your fedora on??!! Seems like it would be kind of uncomfortable..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

That would be a good thread!..uh, you start it lol.

I think the Christmas tree is outside, but it sure does look nice with the lights reflected in the tank..

Also, no one has mentioned..shoes aside, doesn't it ALSO seem weird, that you come home, kick back and relax on the couch..and leave your fedora on??!! Seems like it would be kind of uncomfortable..

Nah, fine for Me

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

That reminded me of House and his vicodin :P

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

I'm not ready yet, you said July! 

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

I know, learned that from Cindy Lauper (?) Just hope it wasn't speedballs what you've been doing :scared:

25 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

:rofl-lol:

Is tht Slash?

No, that's Slass :awesomeface:

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Well, I don't understand using those awful things at all so it makes no difference to me whether it's in or outside, it's always a disgrace :lol:

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

We never take our shoes off when we go to other people's houses. It is not our custom and our weather is not as bad to make our shoes incredibly dirty with mud, snow, water, etc.

I live in a major city in Argentina. We have asphalt and sidewalks for the most part. There's urban cleaning that, more or less, do their jobs fine. It is quite unlikely that you step on dead animals, dog shit, urine and that kind of stuff. But I understand it's also impossible to keep the streets 100% clean. These people are oftenly seen around where I live...

The hygiene of a house it is something their owners are in charge of. Not their guests or friends or relatives. So, that's not the custom here.

If your visits make your floor dirty, you clean after they are gone and that's it. The other way it is seen as something quite rude and it is very odd you'll be asked to take your shoes off when you visit someone (unless they are visible dirty or wet).

Same here in southeastern Mediterranean... It's not a cultural norm to take our shoes off when we go to someone else's house. It's probably because the weather conditions here are are similar to yours; it's warm for a large part of the year and we have our windows open for most of the day (we open them for a while even when it's cold to air the rooms), so dust from outside gets in anyway, and for this reason we clean our houses very often.  We have small carpets outside the front door for people to wipe their shoes. The only cases we take our shoes off  (besides when we are in our own house), are either when we are lodged (so of course we take our shoes off like the house owners do) or when it's rainy and muddy outside (but even then it's on someone's discretion and we don't ask it from our guests).

But of course we don't put our feet on the sofa with our shoes on :lol:

Edited by Blackstar