GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

I puzzled out which building was Axl's, once - it's a pretty sweet location, right down the block from the Sunset Strip and a lot of the clubs and the Rainbow. At that time Tower Records would have been open and that would have been right there, too. And now there's a really cool bookstore there too.

West Hollywood would have been a new city at that time, too - it split off from LA in like 1984 to become its own city, so there probably would have been a lot of excitement about living there.

And amazing to think that for the first year or so of GnR's big success, he was living right under the nose of all those rock fans on the Sunset Strip. In the Internet age people might have figured it out really quickly.

99% sure this is is the building - not posting the address, and I figure that since he hasn't lived there in like 27 years it's not overstepping.

k223xw.jpg

2a47kx.jpg

Edited by stella
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Here's a cool pic of Slash's kids, father and brother hanging out with Krusty :P

C7ZOapKW4AEthGs.jpg

3 Generations

3 hours ago, stella said:

RE: Light sensitivity:

Dude's a redhead. Redheads typically have very little melanin and they often have blond retinas (no joke), so they actually are more sensitive to light. So the blackout curtains and such could be for that, more than anything else. In the photos where Axl is outside and offstage during the day, he's usually got a baseball cap or another type of hat, plus sunglasses - yes, there's the rockstar vibe, but it's also likely to be to protect his skin and eyes from the light.

Plus people who are up at night and sleep during the day (whether that's due to choice or due to shift work, like firefighters and nurses who work night shifts) do try to block daytime sunlight from their rooms so they can sleep. And since we know Axl has been a night owl, there's another pretty boring explanation for it.

The black apartment was mentioned in Del James' article with Axl in Rolling Stone in, like, 1989. That's been known. There's a video of the apartment, even. No black walls, but the appliances and furniture are all black.

Thx for the explanation :)

15 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Yes, Perlo... err I mean London got huge! :wow:

Yeah, and he's really cute :heart:

Slash, on the other hand, looks aw-ful in that pic

What the hell was he thinking with that weird wardrobe choice... :question:

12 minutes ago, traciij said:

He lived in the Sunset Towers, the 11th floor, if I remember correctly. The street Above Tower records. My good friend and her husband were two doors down...his front door was a mess, but other than that they had no complaints and rarely saw him...this was 1990-1991. I worked at a store for a few years on Wilshire in Beverly Hills, and saw him a few times because he was buying his Grandma a fur coat, he told the sales person he always said he would buy her a fur when he got famous.  Those were the days when the day after Thanksgiving, PETA would line the streets of BH and throw blood on fur wearers (a side note). 

Great info! Thanks for sharing!

@killuridols maybe that's what he was doing when he ran into Cerati :awesomeface:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, traciij said:

He lived in the Sunset Towers, the 11th floor, if I remember correctly. The street Above Tower records. My good friend and her husband were two doors down...his front door was a mess, but other than that they had no complaints and rarely saw him...this was 1990-1991. I worked at a store for a few years on Wilshire in Beverly Hills, and saw him a few times because he was buying his Grandma a fur coat, he told the sales person he always said he would buy her a fur when he got famous.  Those were the days when the day after Thanksgiving, PETA would line the streets of BH and threaten to throw fake blood on fur wearers (a side note). 

Cool story, thanks for sharing. What do you mean by "his frontdoor was a mess" though? Why was it a mess?

1 hour ago, solstar said:

Great info! Thanks for sharing!

@killuridols maybe that's what he was doing when he ran into Cerati :awesomeface:

Ahahaha exactly what I was thinking. Now we know what Axl kept doing in granny stores.

Seriously though, it was sweet of him to think of his grandma and buy her something she always wanted.

It really does seem like he was a real grandma's boy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, traciij said:

He lived in the Sunset Towers, the 11th floor, if I remember correctly. The street Above Tower records. My good friend and her husband were two doors down...his front door was a mess, but other than that they had no complaints and rarely saw him...this was 1990-1991. I worked at a store for a few years on Wilshire in Beverly Hills, and saw him a few times because he was buying his Grandma a fur coat, he told the sales person he always said he would buy her a fur when he got famous.  Those were the days when the day after Thanksgiving, PETA would line the streets of BH and threaten to throw fake blood on fur wearers (a side note). 

Thank you for sharing this! Did your friend have any opinion on the conflict that supposedly happened between Axl and his neighbor? IIRC the neighbor said that she hit him during an argument; Axl said that the woman had been harassing him, and the charges ended up being dropped by the cops. I always wondered what the rest of the neighbors on the floor thought of that.

And ugh. PETA. I actually know someone who *was* hit by paint by them years ago. I am a strong supporter of humane issues but I detest PETA.

9 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Here's a cool pic of Slash's kids, father and brother hanging out with Krusty :P

C7ZOapKW4AEthGs.jpg

Very nice pic. Thanks for posting. :) Probably doesn't happen that often that all of them can hang out together.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frey said:

Cool story, thanks for sharing. What do you mean by "his frontdoor was a mess" though? Why was it a mess?

Ahahaha exactly what I was thinking. Now we know what Axl kept doing in granny stores.

Seriously though, it was sweet of him to think of his grandma and buy her something she always wanted.

It really does seem like he was a real grandma's boy.

It looked like it had been kicked and punched a few times.. lol... It was fixed sooner than later. 

I never heard about the other neighbor, when my friend lived there she rarely saw him, maybe they were touring then, or recording.

26 minutes ago, traciij said:

It looked like it had been kicked and punched a few times.. lol... It was fixed sooner than later. 

I never heard about the other neighbor, when my friend lived there she rarely saw him, maybe they were touring then, or recording.

I really want to know what happened there

Sometimes I wish Axl didnt put My World into UYI 2 :facepalm: Cause Dont Cry alt already perfect to end the album FFS! 

eleven-whyyyyy.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Edit: For Me Its a moodkiller like The Seeker in this tour. Im okay with tht song but He shouldnt put it in the end of the UYI 2 album cause its killing the mood:max:

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1