GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

6 hours ago, stella said:

Perhaps he was taking the photo. :)

In all truth, though, just because there's no photo documentation of it doesn't mean that Axl's not hanging out with them, or hanging out in general...there have been at least a handful of times that he's specifically requested no photos. He might just want to try to keep as much of his personal life off the Internet as possible (a daunting task, but still). Back in the day most people didn't know who most of Axl's friends were (like a few of his Indiana friends who came out to LA later). And one can understand that; every photo that gets out there seems to be parsed and over-interpreted to the last pixel.

I'm just guessing that he might just ask people not to Insta/tag him or document his every activity with photos, and that he hangs out with friends who respect his privacy - so if he's having lunch with Duff or doing some other activity with friends, it's not online. And he's pretty introverted, he might not need as much social time as those guys. 

He could also be that guest that just comes, makes an "appearance" and leaves after 15 minutes as some  introverts do. And his friends/band mates may understand it and it's not that big of deal to them or him.  Plus, didn't Baz once tell him about how much money you can make on a reality show and Axl told him he'd pay VH1 not to film him?  Social media is probably seems just as invasive as reality TV for him. Slash and Duff probably probably see social media in a different way because they have kids/step kids who use it as a means of promoting their work

On another note, it's nice to see Slash with his boys. It looks like they are spending a lot of time together which is nice to see. 

34 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

He could also be that guest that just comes, makes an "appearance" and leaves after 15 minutes as some  introverts do. And his friends/band mates may understand it and it's not that big of deal to them or him.  Plus, didn't Baz once tell him about how much money you can make on a reality show and Axl told him he'd pay VH1 not to film him?  Social media is probably seems just as invasive as reality TV for him. Slash and Duff probably probably see social media in a different way because they have kids/step kids who use it as a means of promoting their work

On another note, it's nice to see Slash with his boys. It looks like they are spending a lot of time together which is nice to see. 

I doubt that Axl was there and made an appearance, I also doubt that he gets invited. It's just a gut feeling but he seems so far removed from all that is Duff and Slash and their respective families. Axl not only spends time with people half his age but also with people who seem to me as people who seek the limelight a bit and hope to catch some of Axl's superstar-glamour. Can I get across what I mean? The people Axl hangs out with seem to me to be less honest, less nice and less real than Duff, Slash and both their families.

And also, I've been thinking. Axl has never really socialiced with the band members after AFD time, maybe even before. He always traveled alone, never attended rehearsals and the band members have said that they would not know what Axl does, who he is with or where at all he is. 

Axl did make appearances when one of them died (Slash), nearly died (Duff and Steven) or got arrested (Slash) but other than that, noone ever said, that Axl was around. (As far as I know and also @killuridols said that he never built a friendship with those guys.

So. The band's a band, not a bunch of friends. :shrugs:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I dont think its because of tht He didnt like VH1

32 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I doubt that Axl was there and made an appearance, I also doubt that he gets invited. It's just a gut feeling but he seems so far removed from all that is Duff and Slash and their respective families. Axl not only spends time with people half his age but also with people who seem to me as people who seek the limelight a bit and hope to catch some of Axl's superstar-glamour. Can I get across what I mean? The people Axl hangs out with seem to me to be less honest, less nice and less real than Duff, Slash and both their families.

And also, I've been thinking. Axl has never really socialiced with the band members after AFD time, maybe even before. He always traveled alone, never attended rehearsals and the band members have said that they would not know what Axl does, who he is with or where at all he is. 

Axl did make appearances when one of them died (Slash), nearly died (Duff and Steven) or got arrested (Slash) but other than that, noone ever said, that Axl was around. (As far as I know and also @killuridols said that he never built a friendship with those guys.

Oh man that is fucking sad.

42 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yea, I understand what you're saying. I guess I could see it as a courtesy or politeness --Susan would let Beta know that they are invited to the McKagen Sunday/Funday and then Axl and Beta show up for ten minutes  and then no toes are stepped on. Who knows. It's just fun to theorize.  And the people he spends time with --  yea, that's a hot mess. 

And btw, when I first saw Susan's photo, I thought the guy in the hooded jacket was Axl.  

27 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I dont think its because of tht He didnt like VH1

I meant that he didn't want like the idea of a reality show on VH1 or anywhere. Just the idea that Baz thought reality TV was easy money and Axl would pay someone not to film him.  

Edited by Fansince88
Typep
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Totally agree with you, Tori.

We have to stop making excuses for the way Axl is and accept the reality of his life.

Yes, it is very possible that he has requested to not be photographed when he is around them, much less post it in social media. Man, I have a collection of Axl's "arm photos" taken by Vanessa :lol:. It looks like if he's going to have his picture taken, they can't show him in full body. 

However, I don't think it is possible to control every single camera or cellphone of every person around you. It kinda feels like when he wanted to do this in the 90's too. But nowadays it is really out of control. For example, we saw that Susan has pics of him on her camera roll. A little distraction of her is how we know.

But there are moments in life that are so cool and good for a person that, unless you are really really fucked up in the head, caring about appearing or not appearing in a photo is the ultimate paranoid bullshit.

It shows a level of hysteria, paranoia and inability to relax that is alarming. If he was there and didn't want to be in the picture (which in any normal situation it would be considered utterly rude) then he is very sick in the head and proves all the things we always talk about. 

And I don't think Duff and Slash will tolerate that in "out of work" situations. So my conclusion is that he was not there and he hardly ever hangs out with them.

Also this: last year I exchanged a couple of words with Tony and my impression was of him not liking the idea of Slash back in GN'R. Not only that, my impression was of him not liking Axl either. So in all honesty, IMO, Axl will never be part of that circle. Just Iike we won't see Slash and Duff in a private gathering with Vanessa, Fernando and their families.

What Tori mentions about the people that hangs with Axl, the sicophants who are half his age, I gotta say that they are there because Axl allows them and he likes that kind of people. Axl's ego is lifted by these idiots who are willing to listen to his "stories" as if he was Santa Claus. I'm sure they've listened to 100 stories and lots of them must be repetitions. But who cares for giving the "old man" a couple minutes of attention when you are getting free plane tickets all around the world, hotels, tourism and the time of your life?

• Like 4

I wish Axl would kick the Team Brazil shit out of his life.

I actually think he KNOWS they are not good for him but he just doesn't know how to leave. And he needs a mom and that's what Beta is for him... A mom.

Axl is a very problematic person so maybe he doesn't have friends? He only has Team Brazil and their friends and whatnot.

Edited by The Cosmic Ted

2 minutes ago, The Cosmic Ted said:

I wish Axl would kick the Team Brazil shit out of his life.

I actually think he KNOWS they are not good for him but he just doesn't know how to leave. And he needs a mom and that's what Beta is for him... A mom.

Axl is a very problematic person so maybe he doesn't have friends? He only has Team Brazil and their friends and whatnot.

I'm starting to believe they have nothing to do with the way he is :unsure:

TB are not saints and they have worked hard to be and remain in the place they are, but there's something else to this. There is an Axl that is stuck somewhere.

The young Lebeises are much more into their own families than Axl nowadays. None of them live with him anymore. They have their own social life and circle of friends who are their age. Sometimes Axl joins these people but lately it looks like he's even removed himself from all that too.

I don't think Axl needs a mom... At 54 years old most people left the nest. Some are lucky to still have their parents around at that age but the relationship becomes different. You don't need them like when you were a kid. When you grow up your parents become more like a fountain of love, company, emotional support, the place you always go back for recharging energies or someone to talk to. You don't depend on them anymore and at some point they start depending on you, so tables are turned.

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm starting to believe they have nothing to do with the way he is :unsure:

TB are not saints and they have worked hard to be and remain in the place they are, but there's something else to this. There is an Axl that is stuck somewhere.

The young Lebeises are much more into their own families than Axl nowadays. None of them live with him anymore. They have their own social life and circle of friends who are their age. Sometimes Axl joins these people but lately it looks like he's even removed himself from all that too.

I don't think Axl needs a mom... At 54 years old most people left the nest. Some are lucky to still have their parents around at that age but the relationship becomes different. You don't need them like when you were a kid. When you grow up your parents become more like a fountain of love, company, emotional support, the place you always go back for recharging energies or someone to talk to. You don't depend on them anymore and at some point they start depending on you, so tables are turned.

Yeah good points.. Maybe he doesn't need a mom but i'm pretty sure he thinks Beta is his mom. Remember the "He hit my mother" incident?

9 minutes ago, The Cosmic Ted said:

Yeah good points.. Maybe he doesn't need a mom but i'm pretty sure he thinks Beta is his mom. Remember the "He hit my mother" incident?

Yes, I am aware of all that. She also goes around saying she is his mom.

It is a very sick situation that baffles me but there's nothing we can do about it, he is not well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I am aware of all that. She also goes around saying she is his mom.

It is a very sick situation that baffles me but there's nothing we can do about it, he is not well.

I think this too, he isn't well and never will be. To take TB away like ripping off a plaster, that would be disastrous for his well being. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Axl`s BFF said:

I`m pretty sure he doesn`t believe she is his mother I think the term is a way of describing her role in his life she`s the one constant in his life for over 20 yrs she`s never let him down

what`s so wrong with keeping his life private and maybe susan with her pics of him chose to respect that maybe a lot of his friends respect that !  he`s said himself he goes places where no one is interested in him at the end of the day we see pictures of slash and duff and their families because they choose to let us Axl chooses not to

I think he`s come through all his dramas and seems calmer and happier in his life right now and as a fan of almost 30 years I`m glad for him he deserves it :thumbsup::heart:

We all know he doesn't "believe" she is his real mother. He sees her that way and she's playing the game as well.

Now... Beta is only seven years older than him, which biologically, leaves her out of the possibility of being his mom. Even the non-biological chance is ruled out: the generational gap is too short.

Seeing a mother or father figure in someone who is so close to his age says a lot about his mental state. If he thinks of himself as someone younger, then what he's doing with Beta makes sense. But it's still material for psychology.

About his privacy: I don't think anyone here is saying there is something wrong with it. We are just wondering how come we never see him hanging out with Duff and Slash. And never means never. And it has nothing to do with his "privacy" because none of us is a "private" person 24/7. There's a moment when you leave your house and you stop being private. This is something you cannot control, unless you are in jail or confined to a bed.

What I'm trying to say is that it is impossible to control every minute of your life to the point of never having your picture taken anywhere. You can't control every person with a camera or smartphone out there. This is how we get pics of him with fans or at the airport, etc.

So to me, the reason why we don't have pics of him in this type of gatherings is because he's not really part of them. From Susan's caption to the pic, it is not only her family and Slash there, but also other people like Linda Ramone.... What would be so wrong if he appears in a picture like this? What's so private about it and what's to hide? In the end, this is Susan's and Duff's house... They have no problem showing the backyard with a bunch of their friends. What could be so private about it? Why would someone refuse to be part of a photo like that? Are they doing cocaine? Is someone cheating on someone else? :lol:

We really don't know if he's overcome his dramas and traumas. To me, he hasn't, but other people chose to believe he has, just because he doesn't start riots or jumps on people anymore. I think this is just due to age and because he's not at the peak of his career. Media is not after his butt as they used to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

On a lighter note....

I always thought Axl was the type to sleep naked

ba6d218707133802dfa8c1d07c2b0303.jpg

Thanks for the lighter topic to ponder.  With the appearance of the fluffy robe lately, I think there may be a cozy pair flannel PJs  around. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Not really sure I subscribe to the theory that he is "not well" because he is not photographed with the rest of the band and their families.. intoverted and antisocial maybe, uncomfortable at having missed out on having a family and having a hard time being surrounded by what the other guys have achieved and he hasn't maybe, but that is certainly not necessarily an indication of mental instability. :shrugs:

And going around saying a woman 7 years older than him is his mom?

Not only that, such woman saying on tv that she is his mom? 

What does that indicate?

:question: