GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

13 minutes ago, The Cosmic Ted said:

I think he lives in Seattle.

Thank you :) Just wondered about that, because Slash and Duff and their families/kids hang out quite often, so i thought maybe they are all in the same neigborhood. (especially Susans 'thanks for coming over'.)

6 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Thank you :) Just wondered about that, because Slash and Duff and their families/kids hang out quite often, so i thought maybe they are all in the same neigborhood. (especially Susans 'thanks for coming over'.)

Duff and Susan have a house in L.A. and one in Seattle as far as I know. They alternate between living in Seattle and L.A.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RooSaa said:

Thanks a lot :)

Their new house is in LA according to what Susan has posted on Instagram. They moved all their stuff from their old house not so long ago, so I presume this new house in LA is their main home now. 

It would make sense really, with their daughters wanting careers in modelling and the music industry and Duff is now closer to his two main bandmates. 

Thats my theory on that anyway :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

Not sure how serious you are with that statement but I have heard things like, Beta keeps Axl in a box. Jokingly of course.

I meant every word. :lol:

Nah, I'm sure she lets him off his lead every now then. 

14 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

Ok so just checked Insta and she removed all but one of the pics she posted last night. Feeling a little remorse.

Oh. Well she can't mind the infamous London pics - so I'm going to assume the latest ones were worse :vomit:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

3 hours ago, Frey said:

Really? That's sweet. I'd be down for an Axl/Grace duet :lol:

Or even for Grace having a guest appearance on stage with GNR.

I think Duff said something in one of his books about being sad that Axl didn't see his kids grow up.

----

Why do you put so much stock into what Steven's mother says? She just briefly met Axl's mom at a concert. Anyone can appear like a nice, sweet person if you only spend a couple minutes talking to them.

Not to mention the fact that I wouldn't trust the judgement of Mrs. Adler in the first place. She comes across as pretty crazy, contradicts herself in her stories in an effort to paint herself as the victim, and mostly comes out of the woodwork if there's a chance to profit off Steven's fame.

Also, I'm not sure Axl even still feels any particularly dark thoughts about his mother. Didn't Beta say something like "He doesn't hate her, he just doesn't understand why she never protected him."? And he supposedly was there when his mom died as well, iirc. Or Axl never singing Bad Obsession even. So I get the impression there's not that much lingering resentment and bitterness left in him.

Yeah, last year before Coachella.

-----

I said nothing about the mom being sweet or anything. It's just a fact that she was at a GNR show and that's what I'm interested about, regardless of who told the story. At least for me, this is a new element I didn't know. I had assumed his relationship with her was so bad that she was not much part of his life by the time.

There's no judgement of Mrs. Adler to be trusted or not trusted. If she said the mom was there, that's all I needed to know and I don't see why it should be doubted. This plays no significance in her story, Steven or any of the other things you say.

As for the last part, I don't know how he feels about his mother nowadays but the fact that he has "replaced" her by calling someone else "mom" tells me he is still conflicted about that.

Many adult people lose their parents and after that they don't find a replacement, much less start calling them "mom" or "dad". 

13 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I think @Ubukitty had a great interpretation for this, and I pretty much agree. Bottom line, most people who grow up without a nurturing mother type figure rarely get a second chance..he did finally find someone late in life who is 100% in his corner, and interestingly enough, not a love interest either which is also out of the norm; so there really is no way for us to fully understand the strength of this bond..I understand how it may seem strange to some of us though.

But he always did have this jokey side to his personality..so the onstage thing doesn't seem that strange to me..plus, I think he is really truly happy up there with them.

I'm not sure about the not coming out of his hotel room..in addition to all that has been discussed by @frey (dammit, can't tag again!) I do see how it could be that the performances take all of his energy, and there is nothing left of himself afterwards..some actors, etc are like this. Whether this is a form of depression is certainly a possibility, but it could also be that he has just become a hermit, and only shines when he is onstage and in "rockstar mode." He interacts well enough with others to have formed a (seemingly) special bond with Melissa, so I don't think we have to worry about him too much. He is doing things on his own terms, as usual, but this time with a much more mellow edge.

Also, sorry that I came back to this topic hours later, but I didn't want to not respond. :)

I think he's pretty introverted, that could be why. In regards to the "some actors, etc" bit. And there's nothing wrong with that.

4 hours ago, Frey said:

I think Duff said something in one of his books about being sad that Axl didn't see Their kids grow up.

I tend to agree. But then again he also did show a bit of that good old Axl temper when @Lumikki met him.

Dat's a Daxl there:rolleyes: Gonna change the words:rolleyes:

Lumikki met Him? 

58 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Their new house is in LA according to what Susan has posted on Instagram. They moved all their stuff from their old house not so long ago, so I presume this new house in LA is their main home now. 

It would make sense really, with their daughters wanting careers in modelling and the music industry and Duff is now closer to his two main bandmates. 

Thats my theory on that anyway :lol:

Hey!  Dont forget about Our ex avocado farmer! 

Wht is DV incident? 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Introversion is a personality type not a mental disease :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.. he could just be introverted and prefers things this way? :facepalm: Does everyone want Axl to come on the forum and tell us exactly what's going on? 'Cause he probably wouldn't do that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, solstar said:

Isn't it extremelly strange? I mean, the fact that there are apparently no videos of this woman talking about anything at all? I figure if she's actually been a model for many years now, shouldn't there be some public record of her making some comment about fashion at least?

Not really. Unless someone's a top model or they have the initiative to do their own social media or YouTube channel, it's a job and there isn't a lot of interest in what they have to say. Same with acting. There are thousands and thousands of actors making a decent living but you never hear a peep from them in the media because they are day players or have minor roles. I actually have friends who are like that; they make a very decent living as actors or session musicians but you would never recognize their name in the press, much less see videos of them talking about stuff.

Plus, "model" is a very wide category. You can be a foot model or someone who does live drawing classes or whatnot, and you can make steady money from that - you're still a model, but you're not on the cover of Vogue and nobody knows you from Adam.

Edited by stella

6 hours ago, Frey said:

@stella It's so good to have you back. Your thoughts are always about 80% less dramatic and gloomy than most poeple's. And refreshingly optimistic :lol: I actually agree with some of the things you said, but some points I just feel too cynical and suspicious about to be able to really believe in them.

Thanks very much for the kind words! It's nice to be back and having very interesting conversations. :)

I think the thing that frustrates me, a little, is that Axl never seems to win here. During the NuGNR years, it was all, "oh, he's in trouble, he doesn't sound great, he shows up late, he needs to get back with the old band." Now he's back with Slash and Duff, he's showed up on time tours for two different bands, and he sounds a lot better - and by all accounts he's had a very good time with both the AC/DC and GnR tours - and people still think all sorts of things are up with inferences from very limited information. It's like, he's now back with Slash and Duff and seems to be working and interacting incredibly well with them, but because he's not in all their social media photos, he's not hanging out with them enough...?

And stuff that might be perfectly normal and constructive for him, like being an introvert, might not work for someone else, but it doesn't make it scandalous. The fact that he wants to stay in his hotel room? He sings and runs around onstage for hours every night. Maybe he needs to rest, or doesn't want to deal with the crowds or media, or just would rather watch whatever's on TV that night.

BTW I totally agree w/ your comments on Steven's mom...I wouldn't trust her on anything to do with GnR. 

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, blonde_illusion said:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.. he could just be introverted and prefers things this way? :facepalm: Does everyone want Axl to come on the forum and tell us exactly what's going on? 'Cause he probably wouldn't do that.

No, why you ask that question? :shrugs:

We are in this forum to discuss things we find interesting for us as fans. I don't think we need permission from the band members to talk about certain stuff and it'd be nice to have more clarity or information on specific things but if we had to wait for that then this place would be dead.

I don't think he's introverted at all. There's a lot of misconceptions with introverts and they are oftenly associated with being shy, antisocial (another term that is wrongly used), rude and even with a lower IQ than the rest, because it is a world dominated by extroverts.

From what I can grasp from him, he doesn't have the main traits of an introverted person but I can't say for sure. This has to be stated by a personality test. 

I have had a personality and IQ test performed by professionals and I know I am an introvert. I also know which type because not all introverts are the same (neither the extroverts).

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I have had a personality and IQ test performed by professionals and I know I am an introvert.

Please don't take this as a personal attack because it's not meant to be,  but I can't picture you being an introvert. You seem to hone energy from whatever is going on around you.

8 hours ago, Frey said:

I'm curious about what makes you say that? Most of the women (and guys?) Axl had relationships with when he was younger were his age or a few years younger. Gina, Erin, Steph, Slash... all were perfectly normal relationships, age-wise.

All the groupies and strippers equally seemed to have been roughly Axl's age.

The only instance I can think of that stands out in my memory is Axl saying something about a 12 year old. But I choose to believe that was a dumb joke because :vomit:

(But then again, Slash did mention getting a blow job from an 11 year old, so who the fuck knows :vomit::vomit:)

I guess it's possible having parents who could have been his siblings might have left a lasting impression on Axl.

But I still don't know what you mean by the whole dating younger women thing lol. Stories about 15 year olds?? I don't remember ever reading any of these. Or if I did, I've forgotten about it.

That girl in the faux rape charge, who Axl had sex with, was 15. I've read another -quite disturbing- story with a 15 year old in a groupies board or something, although I have strong doubts that it's true. It seems there were under-aged girls in their circle, in the Hell House parties etc during the early days. Also some of the known members of the inner circle were quite young, Barbi for example was 17 according to Slash's book. I don't know, maybe it was a common thing back then in LA :question:

Yeah, Erin was close to his age (3 years younger, iirc). Gina was about 4 years younger I think; this gap is "normal" for people above a certain age, but notable when for example one partner is 20 and the other 15, or, as in Axl's case, he was 22 and Gina was still at school - but anyway, such relationships are not unusual, so I guess it can be considered as a normal relationship. Michelle Young, who he had a brief relationship with, was 5 years younger. I had the impression that Stephanie was around 10 years younger, but I checked and she was 6 years younger.

Anyway, maybe I was off about this, but it seemed to me that Axl viewed the relationships with women around his age as a combination of romantic relationship and friendship, and for strictly romantic or -more usually- plain sexual relationships he had a preference for younger women/girls.

8 hours ago, Frey said:

I tend to agree. But then again he also did show a bit of that good old Axl temper when @Lumikki met him. Or when Steven appeared in Buenos Aires earlier than he was supposed to. So it doesn't seem to have disappeared completely.

Yeah, I guess he's not totally "numb" and he can still get angry/annoyed etc, but I was referring mainly to how he is during the shows. And if things happened as Steven said, i.e. that Axl said "only one song" but Steven attempted to play another and they turned off the lights on him etc, it'd be expected that Axl wouldn't manage to stay cool and keep his temper.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I said nothing about the mom being sweet or anything. It's just a fact that she was at a GNR show and that's what I'm interested about, regardless of who told the story. At least for me, this is a new element I didn't know. I had assumed his relationship with her was so bad that she was not much part of his life by the time.

The show Axl's mother was at according to Steven's mom was in 1989. That was when Axl still thought he could have a good relationship even with his stepdad and it can be safely assumed that it was at least the same with his mother, so it's not unexpected or surprising that she was there. The relationship with his mother went bad after 1990, when he had started the regression therapy or some time before (maybe when he had that "flashback" about his biological father) and he looked for answers from her without getting any.

Edited by Blackstar

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That girl in the faux rape charge, who Axl had sex with, was 15. I've read another -quite disturbing- story with a 15 year old in a groupies board or something, although I have strong doubts that it's true. It seems there were under-aged girls in their circle, in the Hell House parties etc during the early days. Also some of the known members of the inner circle were quite young, Barbi for example was 17 according to Slash's book. I don't know, maybe it was a common thing back then in LA :question:

Yeah, Erin was close to his age (3 years younger, iirc). Gina was about 4 years younger I think; this gap is "normal" for people above a certain age, but notable when for example one partner is 20 and the other 15, or, as in Axl's case, he was 22 and Gina was still at school - but anyway, such relationships are not unusual, so I guess it can be considered as a normal relationship. Michelle Young, who he had a brief relationship with, was 5 years younger. I had the impression that Stephanie was around 10 years younger, but I checked and she was 6 years younger.

Anyway, maybe I was wrong in this, but it seemed to me that Axl viewed the relationships with women around his age as a combination of romantic relationship and friendship, for strictly romantic or -more usually- plain sexual relationships he had a preference for younger women/girls.

Yeah, I guess he's not totally "numb" and he can still get angry/annoyed etc, but I was referring mainly to how he is during the shows. And if things happened as Steven said, i.e. that Axl said "only one song" but Steven attempted to play another and they turned off the lights on him etc, it'd be expected that Axl wouldn't manage to stay cool and keep his temper.

The show Axl's mother was at according to Steven's mom was in 1989. That was when Axl still thought he could have a good relationship even with his stepdad and it can be safely assumed that it was at least the same with his mother, so it's not unexpected or surprising that she was there. The relationship with his mother went bad after 1990, when he had started the regression therapy or some time before (maybe when he had that "flashback" about his biological father) and he looked for answers from her without getting any.

All his bandmates are also younger than him: Slash,Izzy Duff and Steven, people from NuGuns as well I think.

Plus friends like Baz or Shanoon were like 5-6 years younger than him. I don't know Del's age tough... So it seems it's a thing in his life to have relationship of any sort with younger people

51 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Please don't take this as a personal attack because it's not meant to be,  but I can't picture you being an introvert. You seem to hone energy from whatever is going on around you.

I am and so does my test says so. When I finally found out "what was wrong with me", I could relax and move on in life. I also started making research about this personality type and how I could turn it into something positive, instead of the negative side I had always been associated with, mostly in primary school. I still struggle with some parts of it, I also have other problems that have nothing to do with this.

There's no energy to be honed from this virtual environment so, no offense, but your inference is wrong.

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Ok, thanks :)

I didn't know that was the year... still, it looked to me that he had left his home in bad terms. He talked about being kicked out for having long hair....

What a coincidence the relationship with his mom went wrong when he started seeing the charlatans. In fact, all of his relationships went wrong at the time....

How come he never saw the damage this people were doing to him? :facepalm:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, he had said that, but he also said that he went to see his parents after 5 years or so (that was in 1987) trying to fix his relationship with them and understand why he was treated so hard etc and that he thought it was because his stepdad didn't understand that he wasn't messing up but just following his dream, but now he liked WTTJ etc.

I agree about the charlatans, but in regards to his family, I don't think they were the cause for his relationship with his parents falling out; there was some real and serious shit from his childhood.

I know there was but he could have gone to real therapy and try to fix it with his mom, at least.

The stepdad is unforgivable but still... he could have done a different job regarding that, if he had contacted the right people.

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Sorry to interrupt your conversation, just ignore me :ph34r:. But I have something for @Lumikki

HknL93.jpg

I only hope you are going to take your membership card to the shows :max: @killuridols, @Frey, @MillionsOfSpiders

:rofl-lol:

loooooooool.... omg and I still owe you the portrait of @dgnr so you can make her a card too :smiley-confused2:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

No, why you ask that question? :shrugs:

We are in this forum to discuss things we find interesting for us as fans. I don't think we need permission from the band members to talk about certain stuff and it'd be nice to have more clarity or information on specific things but if we had to wait for that then this place would be dead.

I don't think he's introverted at all. There's a lot of misconceptions with introverts and they are oftenly associated with being shy, antisocial (another term that is wrongly used), rude and even with a lower IQ than the rest, because it is a world dominated by extroverts.

From what I can grasp from him, he doesn't have the main traits of an introverted person but I can't say for sure. This has to be stated by a personality test. 

I have had a personality and IQ test performed by professionals and I know I am an introvert. I also know which type because not all introverts are the same (neither the extroverts).

Yeah, not all introverts are the same, so maybe he likes to keep to himself. The question was rhetorical.