GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

17 hours ago, tifalucis said:

Freddie Mercury, the greatest performer ever lived had once said he was an introvert. Correct me if I'm wrong, I watched one of his interview that he said so. He was a completely different person on and off stage.

Ok this is interesting because I am an introvert too. I can't handle being with a lot of people around for too long. I need my own space where I can just lie down in bed and no one cares. But if it's necessary, I do speak up.

But there was a time when I was so depressed and had a major social problem that I had no friends at all because it's just hard to fit in to new environment. Basically, I quitted being a social human being for a while. It's not healthy and I found my sense. I challenged my self to do things involving talking to people I'm not really close with, join forums like this, so yea...

From what I'm seeing, Axl could have get out being antisocial, if only he would try to get out more. But the people around him don't seem to encourage him to get out of comfort zone that he never actually expand since those dark years, I guess, and himself is never interest doing so. These people are also guarding him around his small comfort zone by lavishing him with things, parties, etc, and for the last 20 yrs he feels unnecessary to become socially active as in going outside and meet new people, and he feels fine doing so, and so he never try. Because why try? He has good life, big house, (albeit disorder) a family, circle of people who love to listen to his stories and jokes, a decent job, people he could delegate to do shits he needs and wants.

What if he becomes suddenly poor and these circle of people go. Maybe with no one guarding his comfort zone, he would be force to get out and quit being antisocial.

The conclusion is, don't buy the albums and don't buy the shows tickets guys :D :ph34r:

the hell did I just say

Tbh, I know nothing about Freddy Mercury beyond his extraordinary songs, voice, performance and all that he entails to music, so I really cannot correct you or argue what you say about him and who he was as a person.

In my opinion, the thing with introverts is that they have traits that are oftenly mistaken or confused with other things like shyness, depression, asocial behavior, etc.

Like I said before, personality is only one dimension of the whole. The way someone behaves it is not determined just by personality. Age, mood, mental diseases, other diseases, education level, environment, social class... It's a big pool of variables that can influence the way someone is or how they act or react to stimuli.

Of course, no one changes radically from one day to another. There's always a continuum of behavior and traits that follow you from the day you are born to your death.

This characteristic of a need or urge to be alone that is associated with introverts, I think sometimes is oversimplified and presented as the only thing that stands out from an introvert. It also makes it look like extroverts are people who cannot be ever alone or like they don't need some space. They do, we all do, the difference is that time alone for introverts is probably needed in a bigger percent than for non-introverts.

As for Axl case, IMO, he's not the best example we could use to describe the introvert type, if it really was the case that he is one. I believe that all these things that are said about him like being a recluse or private person are not related to introversion per se but to his status as a celebrity first and as someone who is dealing with a mental disease or disorder of some degree.

I don't think life stops when you get a house, wife, children, car and all those things society pressures you for. Once you get it all you retire? 

Nah, older people nowadays continue to be active and projecting their lives until their health system says enough. At least, this is what I perceive from the world around me and you have all the other GNR guys as example of not quitting life at 50.

Axl could have done a lot of stuff in his field... Become solo artist, release albums, singles, write a book, get out and jam with other musicians. There are artists much more famous than him who are still productive and out there, not much worried about who the hell sees them in the street or not. If Axl thinks he's gonna receive Justin Bieber treatment as soon as he shows his face to the world, then he's completely delusional, still living in 1992 :shrugs:

This is why I think he's not well and this unwellness has nothing to do with introversion or other theories that try to explain his behavior.

However this is just my opinion and I am no authority in anything so, what gives...

9 hours ago, stella said:

Not necessarily in Los Angeles or New York. They're big cities. There are lots of places to go where you're not going to be in the spotlight. There are tons of A-listers living in both cities, and people usually shrug. You can be in the supermarket on line behind an A-lister and nobody blinks. They walk around Disneyland and usually nobody notices. There are some very specific places the paparazzi tend to hang out, and if you don't go there, you don't run into them as much. Axl himself has said that he tends to go places where he isn't going to be noticed.

Nobody even notices Slash or Duff walking around town or being socially active either, unless they post the photos themselves.

And another possibility here is that if he's posting anything about his social activities, they're locked to his friends only - which is what most celebrities actually do with anything meaningful. They don't have that stuff open to the public. And they're not necessarily posting under their own names. Hell, that's what a lot of non-celebrities do too. If you were to look at my social media accounts right now you'd see...nothing. No photos. No friends on the list. It's all locked down, and the thousands of photos and stories in my accounts are for people who actually know me. If I met someone I wouldn't be sharing the photo publicly.

So, just to check if I got your point, what you are saying is that you think that Axl has an active social life? And that he manages to hide it from the world because people in LA would not notice him or because he locks his posts to friends only?

Axl is in the limelight right now, and he has been for almost a year, so I find it very hard to believe that he would pass unnoticed in the supermarket or in Disneyland, or wherever really, even in LA. Just to provide some recent examples, last week we discussed the story of him trying to escape from a fan in an LA mall in the 90s (which we didn't learn back then for lack of technology, not because Axl had control over it), and we also got to see some recent pictures of his house taken by a fan.  So even if some people might not blink to see him, there are others who would, and I'm not talking about fans only. LA is full of wannabes who would cling at any opportunity to receive public attention, so getting a picture of him or even coming up with an "I met Axl" story would def suit their purpose (the pictures taken by the very young models last year are examples of how people that probably don't really care about him still want his picture and the attention of the meeting story) . So, my point is that maybe he could pull the low-key life say 10 years ago when nobody cared about him (I think he was referring to the wilderness years when he said he went to places he wasn't going to be noticed. i.e if you are referring to what he said at Jimmy Kimmel's?) or when there was no twitter/Instagram etc, but I don't think he can have much control over it right now, because the leak of information does not depend entirely on him or whether he might post his life to friends only.

So I'm sticking with my no pic no activity inference for now (I'm not saying that he has no social life whatsoever, but that it's probably very limited and mainly restricted to what we see), but I guess only time will tell - I'm pretty sure we will all know the truth in time.

Edited by solstar

4 minutes ago, solstar said:

Axl is in the limelight right now, and he has been for almost a year, so I find it very hard to believe that he would pass unnoticed in the supermarket or in Disneyland, or wherever really, even in LA. Just to provide some recent examples, last week we discussed the story of him trying to escape from a fan in an LA mall in the 90s (which we didn't learn back then for lack of technology, not because Axl had control over it), and we also got to see some recent pictures of his house taken by a fan. 

hi Solstar, lol :P

Although I am one of the subscribers to your theory of no pic-no activity in the case of Axl, I have to say that I don't believe much in the current relevance of Axl Rose as the type of celebrity who cannot walk the streets of big cities because he would be mobbed by thousands of fans.

This is not 1992, even though many people and GNR fans like to believe it is. He doesn't have hundreds of teenager girls lining up to get laid with him or have their picture taken with him. That is Justin Bieber, that is the members of One Direction, not Axl Rose in 2017.

He is a 55 years old man who aged in a not so pleasant way. Most people don't recognize him the way he looks now. I have had a lot of people telling me "wow is that Axl?? Really?? I would have never guessed".

He looks a far cry from what he used to so if he was to be out wearing sunglasses and a hat, the chances are big fat that no one will know that is him. Even without glasses and a hat, his face and hair don't resemble much of the image most people saved of him in their heads.

Im not saying he has no fans and of course, nerds like us would probably recognize him if he was out and about. But also remember that the core of his fans are people well into their 30s or 40s and it is unlikely people that age will behave like mad teenagers and bother much the hell of him.

I also don't think he has Instagram or Facebook. His Twitter account must be the most he can handle. He seems to be not too fond of this technology and I don't find it that weird. A lot of people his age don't get it either or don't like it or find it useless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

hi Solstar, lol :P

Although I am one of the subscribers to your theory of no pic-no activity in the case of Axl, I have to say that I don't believe much in the current relevance of Axl Rose as the type of celebrity who cannot walk the streets of big cities because he would be mobbed by thousands of fans.

This is not 1992, even though many people and GNR fans like to believe it is. He doesn't have hundreds of teenager girls lining up to get laid with him or have their picture taken with him. That is Justin Bieber, that is the members of One Direction, not Axl Rose in 2017.

He is a 55 years old man who aged in a not so pleasant way. Most people don't recognize him the way he looks now. I have had a lot of people telling me "wow is that Axl?? Really?? I would have never guessed".

He looks a far cry from what he used to so if he was to be out wearing sunglasses and a hat, the chances are big fat that no one will know that is him. Even without glasses and a hat, his face and hair don't resemble much of the image most people saved of him in their heads.

Im not saying he has no fans and of course, nerds like us would probably recognize him if he was out and about. But also remember that the core of his fans are people well into their 30s or 40s and it is unlikely people that age will behave like mad teenagers and bother much the hell of him.

I also don't think he has Instagram or Facebook. His Twitter account must be the most he can handle. He seems to be not too fond of this technology and I don't find it that weird. A lot of people his age don't get it either or don't like it or find it useless.

Right. I agree with you in that I don't think he can't go out because he will be mobbed by thousands of fans. But I also don't think he could pass unnoticed IF he went out, and that probably at least some people would recognize him (fans, paparazzi, fellow musicians, friends, old/new acquaintances, wannabes,  plain "cholulos" with a mobile phone at hand:P, to mention a few) - because he has been in the news for over a year now and people have started to pay attention to him again -  and then more information would leak about his whereabouts and his social activities IF he was up to something.

I don't think he has Instagram or Facebook either.

Edited by solstar

15 minutes ago, solstar said:

Right. I agree with you in that I don't think he can't go out because he will be mobbed by thousands of fans. But I also don't think he could pass unnoticed IF he went out, and that probably at least some people would recognize him (fans, paparazzi, fellow musicians, friends, old/new acquaintances, wannabes,  plain "cholulos" with a mobile phone at hand:P, to mention a few) - because he has been in the news for over a year now and people have started to pay attention to him again -  and then more information would leak about his whereabouts and his social activities IF he was up to something.

I don't think he has Instagram or Facebook either.

Yeah, you're right because everytime he makes himself available, pictures pop up. Like with the girl we said she looks like Rocio Oliva :P, it seems she was not especially looking for him when she ran into him in Dubai restaurant/hotel.

So everything leads to the theory of him not really wandering the streets of L.A. and if he does I think he may go to places where people do not care about him at all or just don't bother to take his picture and post it.

I know I have ran into many Argentinian celebrities at the airport and one time in a supermarket, lol... Did I care to ask for picture or say hi to them? Nah... But well, that's just me... I may not be the best example of "cholulo" you can find :lol:

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, you're right because everytime he makes himself available, pictures pop up. Like with the girl we said she looks like Rocio Oliva :P, it seems she was not especially looking for him when she ran into him in Dubai restaurant/hotel.

So everything leads to the theory of him not really wandering the streets of L.A. and if he does I think he may go to places where people do not care about him at all or just don't bother to take his picture and post it.

I know I have ran into many Argentinian celebrities at the airport and one time in a supermarket, lol... Did I care to ask for picture or say hi to them? Nah... But well, that's just me... I may not be the best example of "cholulo" you can find :lol:

lol right! The Rocio Oliva one is a good example of a "cholulo" picture! And also this one:

La imagen puede contener: 2 personas

The "ultimate cholulo" pic :lol:

Edited by solstar

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

The Myers-Briggs indicator is taken by millions of people around the world, most of the time as a requirement in the educational and work environment. It is just another tool to help understand the behavior or personality traits of a person. Some people know how to use it carefully and some others just don't have a clue

I have been asked to sit them twice both part of a job application process, intrestingly one for a large well known pharmaceutical company. First took one in my 20's and was somewhat sceptical and didn't really recognise myself in the outcome. the second I took about 8 years ago it was slightly different but I guess a variation on the first. Still not convinced but I see now how it is an intresting method to use when employing people in largly team based work place.

Anway, not an introvert.?

3 hours ago, solstar said:

So, just to check if I got your point, what you are saying is that you think that Axl has an active social life? And that he manages to hide it from the world because people in LA would not notice him or because he locks his posts to friends only?

Axl is in the limelight right now, and he has been for almost a year, so I find it very hard to believe that he would pass unnoticed in the supermarket or in Disneyland, or wherever really, even in LA. Just to provide some recent examples, last week we discussed the story of him trying to escape from a fan in an LA mall in the 90s (which we didn't learn back then for lack of technology, not because Axl had control over it), and we also got to see some recent pictures of his house taken by a fan.  So even if some people might not blink to see him, there are others who would, and I'm not talking about fans only. LA is full of wannabes who would cling at any opportunity to receive public attention, so getting a picture of him or even coming up with an "I met Axl" story would def suit their purpose (the pictures taken by the very young models last year are examples of how people that probably don't really care about him still want his picture and the attention of the meeting story) . So, my point is that maybe he could pull the low-key life say 10 years ago when nobody cared about him (I think he was referring to the wilderness years when he said he went to places he wasn't going to be noticed. i.e if you are referring to what he said at Jimmy Kimmel's?) or when there was no twitter/Instagram etc, but I don't think he can have much control over it right now, because the leak of information does not depend entirely on him or whether he might post his life to friends only.

So I'm sticking with my no pic no activity inference for now (I'm not saying that he has no social life whatsoever, but that it's probably very limited and mainly restricted to what we see), but I guess only time will tell - I'm pretty sure we will all know the truth in time.

What I'm saying is that we cannot make inferences about his social life from such a limited data set. The stance seems to be that there are no public photos of it, it doesn't happen. And I just don't get that. Do we really think we, as complete strangers, are going to be privvy to all the details about another complete stranger's private life?

And I'm also saying that A-list or not, there are plenty of ways he can and probably does protect his privacy. If he actually is on social media and posting anything about his private life - and NO, I have no information on whether he has accounts, it's hypothetical, and he doesn't seem to be a fan of social media - it's likely to be locked and inaccessible to complete strangers. And that makes sense, and fits the pattern of what other celebs do.

I have personal experience with both cities, and I've known people who would be considered "famous" in various fields, and yes, they can have lives without it being documented 24/7. Either they don't go where the paps go or nobody really notices or cares. There are celebs who have spouses and kids that have never been seen or photographed in the media, but they exist.  There are celebs in NYC that take the subway or stop at their local coffee shop every day, and maybe once or twice someone takes a photo, but they mostly go unnoticed. These people live in regular neighborhoods sometimes, and have neighbors, and go about their business.

We have NAMM in Southern California. That's the huge music trade show which is usually attended by a truckload of very high-profile musicians, journalists, industry people, just about every company that makes gear and musical instruments, and many up and comers. You won't even find a lot of "I met so and so!" photos publicly from NAMM, and that's a situation where some up and coming, hungry musicians *would* be looking for publicity.

Yes, you might find someone who has an "I met Axl" story, the same way you might find someone who has an "I met Johnny Depp" or "I met Leonardo DiCaprio" story. Or someone might mention that they ran into someone at the store or saw them at a restaurant. But that is often just said in passing and it's not necessarily splashed over the Internet. Not everyone puts everything up on public social media accounts. When I met Duff, that photo was sure as hell locked down and not shared publicly.

And even if someone randomly does run into Axl and takes photos, it doesn't say anything specific about his social life. It just means they crossed paths with him at that particular moment.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

I have been asked to sit them twice both part of a job application process, intrestingly one for a large well known pharmaceutical company. First took one in my 20's and was somewhat sceptical and didn't really recognise myself in the outcome. the second I took about 8 years ago it was slightly different but I guess a variation on the first. Still not convinced but I see now how it is an intresting method to use when employing people in largly team based work place.

Anway, not an introvert.?

I was asked to take it twice, first time in my late teens and second time in my late 20's. Both times I fell into the same side of the spectrum, introvert, and second time I got a little variation in the type of just one letter. I attribute this to the obvious change a person makes when passing from teenager to adult. However, I feel a strong identification with both types and it has helped me understand myself better and seek help or try to get better at the weaknesses that were pointed to me.

I'm not sure this tool should be used to determine whether someone fits a job or not if the person using this analysis can't or doesn't have the will to accompany the study with other tools. This should be part of a battery of tests and personal interviews and other methods, not something to adhere to like it was the Bible.

I don't think this test can predict behavior in specific situations or diagnose a pathology. Unfortunately, there are too many bad people doing HR and they cannot be relied if this is all they are going to use to evaluate a candidate.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

@killuridols looks like we had similar experiences, I also changed by one letter. the first experience kind of left me thinking that I had failed to get a job because a HR consultant had put me in a box and decided I didn't fit what they were looking for befor it even got to interview. Interesting thing was second time around I was aware of it and I was probably more conscious of my answers. I don't know if this is why they were slightly different, or as I tend to believe 10 more years of life experience had changed my priorities. Anyway I turned down that job offer as I decided thier ethos didn't fit me. ?

17 minutes ago, Archtop said:

@killuridols looks like we had similar experiences, I also changed by one letter. the first experience kind of left me thinking that I had failed to get a job because a HR consultant had put me in a box and decided I didn't fit what they were looking for befor it even got to interview. Interesting thing was second time around I was aware of it and I was probably more conscious of my answers. I don't know if this is why they were slightly different, or as I tend to believe 10 more years of life experience had changed my priorities. Anyway I turned down that job offer as I decided thier ethos didn't fit me. ?

Did they ever give you good feedback of why they didn't hire you?

In my experience, a reduced number of HR people ever gave me a decent feedback for the rejection. The rest just treated me as disposable material and it's hard to figure out the real reasons why one didn't make it. Could be the test or something else, if they don't tell you, you won't ever know.

I also don't know if the test ever had an influence in anything because first time it was for College (along with the IQ test) and I got in, and second time was for a job and I got in as well, but I couldn't give an honest answer if these things played a huge role in the allowance or not :shrugs:

• Like 1

On 23.3.2017 at 7:14 PM, Andy14 said:

Sorry to interrupt your conversation, just ignore me :ph34r:. But I have something for @Lumikki

HknL93.jpg

I only hope you are going to take your membership card to the shows :max: @killuridols, @Frey, @MillionsOfSpiders

:rofl-lol:

Ahahaha thank you, @Andy14 :rofl-lol::lol:

Why am I the "Protector of the The Ass" though? I get where the first title comes from, but this one :lol:  

I don't remember ever making any effort to protect The Ass from anything

On 18.3.2017 at 9:31 AM, stella said:

I think this is a really great discussion to get back to...

And I think this pretty much nails it. There's a ton of internalized misogyny, sexism and homophobia in Western society. Axl doesn't fit into the neat box that people want him to be in, and he doesn't have all of the stereotypical "macho male" characteristics that other men/society tend to respect and expect, and he gets slammed for it. In some of the interviews he did in the 90s he mentioned struggling with his perceptions of what a man should be, based on his background/upbringing and stereotypes, too.

Plus, unfortunately emotional/mental health struggles don't seem to be very well respected or treated with a lot of compassion - when someone comes forward, especially if they're male, they're often told to 'man up' or 'stop whining.' It would be considered tacky and mean to laugh at someone who has cancer or a broken leg, but the same people have no issue poking at someone who shows emotional vulnerability or any sort of emotional or mental disorder (with the possible exception of substance abuse, but that is everywhere). Axl has been very open about the emotional trauma he's had, and has had visible anger issues, so again, he gets slammed.

True. I always liked that he was aware of his struggles and problems at least, and very honest and open about them too.

Your second paragraph is probably the main reason why Axl doesn't talk anymore these days. I remember Axl saying in a 2012 (!) interview that he doesn't understand why he got so much flak for the things he said in past interviews (instead of his step father for example). If he's still upset about that, than all the negative reactions he received must have struck deeply and made him shut up once and for all. Which saddens me immensly because I would love to hear him talk about his views on certain subjects these days and about what's going on in his life and mind.

On 18.3.2017 at 1:14 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

Worst thing is that piece of shit of a "singer" kept driving completely drunk for decades. He doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone.

Too bad Hanoi didn't get the recognition they deserved. I love Michael and it makes me happy how much respect and love he gets from his peers :heart:

I love him too. I ran into him once at the railway station and he was just so incredibly sweet and kind to me and my friend. Really, he is by far one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met :heart:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I love him too. I ran into him once at the railway station and he was just so incredibly sweet and kind to me and my friend. Really, he is by far one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met :heart:

I've never had the chance to meet him or see him live so far but I have his album Sensory Overdrive signed by him and the band at least :P Really hope I'll get to see him, he's amazing and his latest album is the shit!! :headbang:

Also hope we'll see him joining GNR at some show to sing a song with them like back in the day, he and Slash seem to be pretty close friends ^_^

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stella said:

What I'm saying is that we cannot make inferences about his social life from such a limited data set. The stance seems to be that there are no public photos of it, it doesn't happen. And I just don't get that. Do we really think we, as complete strangers, are going to be privvy to all the details about another complete stranger's private life?

And I'm also saying that A-list or not, there are plenty of ways he can and probably does protect his privacy. If he actually is on social media and posting anything about his private life - and NO, I have no information on whether he has accounts, it's hypothetical, and he doesn't seem to be a fan of social media - it's likely to be locked and inaccessible to complete strangers. And that makes sense, and fits the pattern of what other celebs do.

I have personal experience with both cities, and I've known people who would be considered "famous" in various fields, and yes, they can have lives without it being documented 24/7. Either they don't go where the paps go or nobody really notices or cares. There are celebs who have spouses and kids that have never been seen or photographed in the media, but they exist.  There are celebs in NYC that take the subway or stop at their local coffee shop every day, and maybe once or twice someone takes a photo, but they mostly go unnoticed. These people live in regular neighborhoods sometimes, and have neighbors, and go about their business.

We have NAMM in Southern California. That's the huge music trade show which is usually attended by a truckload of very high-profile musicians, journalists, industry people, just about every company that makes gear and musical instruments, and many up and comers. You won't even find a lot of "I met so and so!" photos publicly from NAMM, and that's a situation where some up and coming, hungry musicians *would* be looking for publicity.

Yes, you might find someone who has an "I met Axl" story, the same way you might find someone who has an "I met Johnny Depp" or "I met Leonardo DiCaprio" story. Or someone might mention that they ran into someone at the store or saw them at a restaurant. But that is often just said in passing and it's not necessarily splashed over the Internet. Not everyone puts everything up on public social media accounts. When I met Duff, that photo was sure as hell locked down and not shared publicly.

And even if someone randomly does run into Axl and takes photos, it doesn't say anything specific about his social life. It just means they crossed paths with him at that particular moment.

Well, I think that we can certainly make some inferences about Axl's social life just by examining the social media, and I don't mean his Facebook/Instagram btw, because as you said (IF he has them, we don't have access to it). However, we can still infer by looking at other people's posts that he hangs out with the freak show or with Beta for example, or that he doesn't do it much with Sluff's family. Whether that is all there is to it, well, probably not. Whether there is much more to it, well, probably not either imo.

So I'm not saying that we can know all the details behind Axl's life through the social media, but I do think we still have some data to make some conclusions. And in any case, the pictures (or lack of them) are also proof of what people report about him, so the data set is not only limited to the public photos.

Also, I don't think we can compare Axl to other "famous" people who take the subway and stuff, or with the musicians that attend NAMN, because that's not the case with him. However, if someone happened to cross paths with him, IF he was out, and take photos, that would give us information at least about where he was and that he was out (like it happened in Dubai, for example, with that girl who took a picture with him, and so we could infer he was still there and that he had left the hotel room).  And also, despite the fact that he doesn't go to NAMN, we know he meets and hangs with wannabes (Andrei, Sasha and the other people and stories mentioned in this thread are great examples of this) so I figure wannabes can be anywhere. :shrugs:

Edited by solstar
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, solstar said:

Well, I think that we can certainly make some inferences about Axl's social life just by examining the social media, and I don't mean his Facebook/Instagram btw, because as you said (IF he has them, we don't have access to it). However, we can still infer by looking at other people's posts that he hangs out with the freak show or with Beta for example, or that he doesn't do it much with Sluff's family. Whether that is all there is to it, well, probably not. Whether there is much more to it, well, probably not either imo.

So I'm not saying that we can know all the details behind Axl's life through the social media, but I do think we still have some data to make some conclusions. And in any case, the pictures (or lack of them) are also proof of what people report about him, so the data set is not only limited to the public photos.

This is spot on and also related to what I was saying before: he can control (to an extent) his own social media, pictures and messages he sends through his accounts but I don't think he can control the social media of other people, especially fans and random people.

It looks like he does allow Beta, Fernando and Vanessa to post pictures of him with the apparently condition of showing just part of his body, not his entire self. There is plenty of evidence of this. Also Kat (or Melissa) were allowed to post that pic of him wearing a tshirt with fake boobs.

However, we've never seen pictures taken by Susan, Meegan, Slash or Duff following same rules than TB and his other employees. Why is that? :shrugs:

Three chances: 1) he's never around them 2) he doesn't allow them to take pics of him (not even the arm shot) 3) They can take pics but not allowed to upload to their social media.

Last one is the less probable but having caught Susan's camera roll in fraganti makes me think about this possibility as well.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This is spot on and also related to what I was saying before: he can control (to an extent) his own social media, pictures and messages he sends through his accounts but I don't think he can control the social media of other people, especially fans and random people.

It looks like he does allow Beta, Fernando and Vanessa to post pictures of him with the apparently condition of showing just part of his body, not his entire self. There is plenty of evidence of this. Also Kat (or Melissa) were allowed to post that pic of him wearing a tshirt with fake boobs.

However, we've never seen pictures taken by Susan, Meegan, Slash or Duff following same rules than TB and his other employees. Why is that? :shrugs:

Three chances: 1) he's never around them 2) he doesn't allow them to take pics of him (not even the arm shot) 3) They can take pics but not allowed to upload to their social media.

Last one is the less unlikely but having caught Susan's camera roll in fraganti makes me think about this possibility as well.

Good question.

I like your 3 chances! Let's see...

Number 2) would be creepy and worrying. What would be the problem (in Axl's head) with being in a photo hanging out with them but not with the freak show, for example? :wacko:

Number 3) The same, i.e. why would he let the freak show post pictures with him but not Susan & Co? :wacko::wacko:

So I'm more inclined to believe it's 1), but I wouldn't say "never", maybe "not usually" would be more like it imo.

About Susan's camera roll pic, wasn't Axl in some sort of transport?

Edited by solstar

54 minutes ago, solstar said:

Good question.

I like your 3 chances! Let's see...

Number 2) would be creepy and worrying. What would be the problem (in Axl's head) with being in a photo hanging out with them but not with the freak show, for example? :wacko:

Number 3) The same, i.e. why would he let the freak show post pictures with him but not Susan & Co? :wacko::wacko:

So I'm more inclined to believe it's 1), but I wouldn't say "never", maybe "not usually" would be more like it imo.

About Susan's camera roll pic, wasn't Axl in some sort of transport?

I go by number 1 all the way but I can attempt to answer...

2) He controls when a picture of him with the original GNR members can be publicly seen. For example, the only picture of him, Duff and Slash from their visit to London with AC/DC is an official one taken "professionally" by Kat. All the other times they need approval and this would be very tiring for all of them, so no pics please.

I have two theories about this: a) he doesn't want to have his pic taken by a person who's not from his trust circle, for fear of looking like shit (the pics with fans are always taken by either Fernando or Vanessa) or b) he doesn't want people and press to read too much into these hang-outs and assume that he's back full time with the old gunners, hence he's gonna make an album with them and continue GNR were they left in 1996. Maybe, deep inside, he knows this won't happen... :unsure:

3) This doesn't need much explanation... Again related to control of some type, either because he wants to decide for how long and in what moment his photos go online or because he's terrified of having a bad picture taken so that it becomes an Internet meme. Probably feels he doesn't have much trust to ask either Susan or Meegan to photoshop his pics or "fix" them before they go live. We know Kat photoshops ALL the photos that are sent to the media or uploaded to the official website.

As for your last question, yes, it looked like one of the airport buses thing or some other kind of transportation for excursion? :shrugs: