GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Frey said:

No those are not the quotes I meant. I remember him specifically saying he was shy and introverted, and like I said, I'll look for the quote.

Ok. @MillionsOfSpiders just posted a video where he mentions this. He lumps shy and introverted together.... :rolleyes:

Also says something about craving attention and people not necessarily seeing the opposite side. Audio is not very clear so I don't know if I'm listening right.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

What?

You said "the child abuse allegations against his step-father are on the same boat as Axl's rape allegations, don't you think?" which I interpreted as you saying that you think his claims about being (physically and mentally) abused as a child are equally as doubtful to you as the various rape allegations by Axl and other people. So I presented evidence why I don't think this is the case. If you meant something else, then I misunderstood.

Kinda. I was talking specifically about the allegations of sexual abuse in both cases (stepdad and Axl's) and not saying they are necessarily doubtful to me but to the US legal system. As far as I know, the rape charges against Axl were dropped. Erin also claimed to be raped by him but I have no idea how that turned out other than the out of court settlement. I can't tell if Axl's step father was ever pressed charges of abuse either so, in my opinion, both situations navigate the same waters of "unknown", "not enough evidence" for us as fans.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

And I wasn't commenting about the personal life of any forum members either. What I said about rather believing someone than doubting them applies to Axl as well as any other person saying they suffered some kind of abuse, it was a general statement.

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, starlight said:

yeah I agree with you on this. I have always been skeptical about the regression teraphy he went through and I am doubtful about the claim he made of having been raped by his biological father at age of 2 because I don''t trust people who were sourrounding him at that time and the methods they used to cure him.

Certainly I believe Axl when he talks about his family and the fact that he grew up in an abusive home, it's his life and he's able to recall his childhood and teenage years memories , but we can't be sure about everything we read about this kind of situation because the truth about personal traumas can be distorted without a proper cure.

Yes. I also tend to believe him for most part of what he talks about the abusive home and his strict upbringing. 

20 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I'm not going to quote anyone here because it would be way too long, but my earlier comment regarding the current topic was in no means passive aggressive. It was not I repeat not aimed at anyone specific, I just added my opinion to the pot. With that being said, @killuridols I don't think that this is a pissing match to see who wears the crown for having the most compassion, just that this kind of topic can push certain buttons and cause people to react strongly. No offense is meant by this post.

Well, I was the only one exposing my doubt in such an honest and open way, so I think it is useless to keep masking your comment as something else. I'm glad you decided to, at least, mention me because I don't see what's the problem with being straightforward to people here, hence not using the quote button to address a particular comment will always look to me like passive-aggressiveness :shrugs:

I understand the topic is sensitive, highly sensitive I must say, and this is why in my previous exchange with Frey I remarked in more than one occasion that I was strictly talking about Axl and specifically about the claim where he alludes the regression therapy thing.

I explained over and over why the regression therapy is THE THING that rises the doubt in me. English is not my native tongue but I don't think what I write here could be interpreted so badly, unless someone is deliberately trying to look for the negative in the things I say and I feel this is oftenly the case with a handful of people who participate of this thread.

AGAIN AND FOREVER:

It was not my intention to analyze or give opinion on any case of sexual abuse other than the one, most of us, are discussing here. I refuse to be dragged into the personal territory of any forum member because I don't know any of you and I don't think I ever will. 

I hope this is clear to you Rocketqueen76 and to anyone else who's taken it personal. Please do not. You are damaging yourselves and it is not worth it, really. It is not.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well, I was the only one exposing my doubt in such an honest and open way, so I think it is useless to keep masking your comment as something else. I'm glad you decided to, at least, mention me because I don't see what's the problem with being straightforward to people here

I was being completely straightforward and honest in my post. I didn't quote you because I didn't want it to come across as a personal attack. 

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I hope this is clear to you Rocketqueen76 and to anyone else who's taken it personal. Please do not. You are damaging yourselves and it is not worth it, really. It is not.

Crystal....and no I'm not taking it personal per se, but I do have strong personal feelings about it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Sooo...Is this a never seen Slaxl? :wub:

14238316_1090025184423326_38163673423125

This is the same girl who took those awesome Slaxl pics during Slash's Patience solo where Axl sits next to him...God bless her :hug:

Also she has really cool albums of some NITL shows. I like her pics so much, you can see energy, emotion, passion - she captures really nice face expressions. Kat takes some good shots and she's a professional photographer, she knows what she's doing I guess, so I don't want to give her shit, but some of her pics are so emotionless that is refreshing to see the pics of this girl Pao :) 

Check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/pao.bluesoul/media_set?set=a.1090025001090011.1073741855.100002475656282&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/pao.bluesoul/media_set?set=a.1142883122470865.1073741862.100002475656282&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/pao.bluesoul/media_set?set=a.1142871955805315.1073741861.100002475656282&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/pao.bluesoul/media_set?set=a.1149147718511072.1073741863.100002475656282&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/pao.bluesoul/media_set?set=a.1149163781842799.1073741864.100002475656282&type=3

I have seen Pao's albums and told her how utterly amazing her photos are! Love looking at them. Excellent photographer! :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I was being completely straightforward and honest in my post. I didn't quote you because I didn't want it to come across as a personal attack. 

Crystal....and no I'm not taking it personal per se, but I do have strong personal feelings about it. 

If it's not meant to be a personal attack and you use the correct words it will not become a personal attack. I don't fall in the category of being too sensitive about most topics, so you don't have to worry about that.

I have a strong character, strong personality, strong mind and many tools acquired during my life experience to be able to handle most of these discussions in a mature and adult way. Some people here do not and they oftenly resort to passive aggression and lies. Others are plain agressive but I know the difference. So I always appreciate it when someone can join the debate with an equal touch of thick skin.

We all have strong personal feelings about different topics and I totally understand why you relate to this. However, it is wise to read things with a clear mind, leaving passions behind (I know I have not always followed my own advice) and not jump at people or their opinions without being completely sure of what they exactly meant. I like when I'm asked for clarification because I am aware that limitations in language or language barrier can cause misinterpretation and lead to bad blood.

With that being said, I think there is not much left to be argued and it seems we are both clear with what we wanted to express to each other.

@MillionsOfSpiders thanks for saving me the time :lol:

I knew exactly what quote @Frey and @killuridols were arguing about and I even had it ready in text form ("As a kid I was like, always obnoxious to get attention. But I was very shy and introverted; people didn't see that side necessarily, but that was there and it's still there."), but I couldn't remember the original source of the quote for the life of me.

20 hours ago, Frey said:
On 23.3.2017 at 10:48 PM, stella said:

Yes - and to add to what @Blackstar said, from what Axl mentioned in that big Rolling Stone interview, he found out about his sister's abuse in 1990 or so, and it's pretty reasonable to think it may have contributed to the break. In the RS interview he mentions something about how it's important that his stepfather isn't around him or his sister anymore because he's dangerous.

You weren't here for that, but towards the end of the old thread we had some pretty heavy discussion about the stuff Tom Zutaut said in the BBC documentary (about Axl's stepfather sexually abusing Axl too), and some people came down on the side of believing that Zutaut was telling the truth. So assuming that what Zutaut said is indeed true, I can totally see why he'd say his stepfather is dangerous (if I remember correctly Axl actually called his step father "the most dangerous man I've ever met") and why he would do everything to keep him away from his sister and himself.

Here's some links to the discussion from the thread index (links to individual posts because the discussion is spread out over many pages) because I just indexed that part of the thread.

Reveal hidden contents

Tom Zutauts claims in the BBC documentary  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21

Thanks for the links, I meant to catch up on this discussion but never got around to it. I guess now that we're on page 70 of the new thread, I'll finally read the end of the old thread :awesomeface:

13 hours ago, killuridols said:

The one that was recently posted here, looks like Christmas time at Axl's home and everybody wearing shoes and putting their feet in the sofa :lol:, I have no idea where it originally comes from.... I've never seen it posted by neither of them, however, it is out in the open now.... And it's an old picture because he's wearing those loose jeans and the horrible mustache, so probably from 2012 or 2013... There's obviously someone in his inner circle that once in a while leaks a picture but how do we know this is with the consent of Axl or not?

I remember when that picture appeared on the internet for the first time, which was a couple of years ago. There was a thread about it on here and I think Fernando might have been the source of that pic, but can't say for certain anymore. Anyway, I lost track of that picture after that and now it reappeared again on Tumblr.

15 hours ago, dgnr said:

Great job, but the name is wrong, she isn't only @Lumikki, she is Princess Lumikki :P

Stop making me blush :lol:

And omg, your avatar is terrifying, wth :scared::scared::lol::facepalm::lol:

On 25.3.2017 at 4:52 PM, BorderlineCrazy said:

I've never had the chance to meet him or see him live so far but I have his album Sensory Overdrive signed by him and the band at least :P Really hope I'll get to see him, he's amazing and his latest album is the shit!! :headbang:

Also hope we'll see him joining GNR at some show to sing a song with them like back in the day, he and Slash seem to be pretty close friends ^_^

I haven't listened to it, but good to know.

And yeah, it would be really cool if he joined them for one of the shows in Europe :drool:

6 hours ago, Frey said:

No, I don't think so. He was aware of and talking about his messed up childhood long before he did any regression therapy, so he consciously remembered at least all the physical abuse and the crazy shit his step father did and I really doubt he was making it all up. Also, I think it's significant that Axl's siblings have never disagreed with anything he claimed and stuck with Axl throughout their entire lives. They're both just as estranged from their biological family as he is and the few times they (or rather Amy, because the other one has never really talked in public) have commented on anything, it supported the things Axl has said.

And yeah, putting hierarchies on suffering is kind of pointless, but I know that my instinctual reaction to people harming children is by far the strongest and I know many other people feel the same. There's a reason why child abusers are treated as the lowest of the low in prison, even by other inmates.

As far as Axl's step father making any attempts to change or repent- the way I see it, he could leave his children the fuck alone at least, after all these years. That's the bare minimum he could do and it requires literally zero effort. But apparently he's not even capable of that, so I see no indication of the guy becoming a better person if he still manages to upset his children to this day. I don't know what he did, but Amy sounded seriously pissed off and upset when she called him a satanic piece of shit or something, so it probably was something bad.

And apart from all that, I agree with the point @Rocketqueen76 made: I'd rather not doubt people who claim to be survivors of various kinds of abuse too much, even if it turns out later I was wrong for believing them. Having been wrong doesn't hurt and affect me, but me doubting and questioning someone who was abused does hurt and affect that person.

Whether Axl's step father sexually abused Axl or not, the man is a disgusting human being either way. He was still sexually abusing at least one other child in his care (unless someone's going to argue that Amy also only remembered that stuff with the "help" of regression therapy, but that's never the impression I got) and treated all of his children like crap in general.

And yeah, that the guy is apparently still messing with his children to some extent is :scared::scared:  I can't really blame Amy for also clinging to the Lebeises and calling them her ersatz family if that is the kind of thing she still has to deal with.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 4

I started writing a post with my thoughts on the subject of the reliability of Axl's abuse claims etc, but on second thought I see it as pointless and not adding something, as we have discussed it many times and we know where each one of us stands - at least as of lately, because I guess someone can change their mind after hearing other people's POVs/further thinking or due to an inner emotional need or whatever...

Just a factual clarification (we all know this, but there might be people reading here who don't necessarily know all the details from Axl's interviews and may be misled by part of the discussion): Axl has never made any claims of being sexually abused by his stepfather either in the context of regression therapy or otherwise. The only claim he has made as a result of regression therapy is that of him being molested by his biological father. In regards to his stepfather, he talked about physical abuse (to himself and his siblings) and sexual abuse to his sister. The stepfather sexual abuse story is something we know only from Tom Zutaut (which we have also discussed - thanks @Frey for indexing).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

I knew exactly what quote @Frey and @killuridols were arguing about and I even had it ready in text form ("As a kid I was like, always obnoxious to get attention. But I was very shy and introverted; people didn't see that side necessarily, but that was there and it's still there."), but I couldn't remember the original source of the quote for the life of me.

Thank you for the transcript! I needed this as well :)

• Like 1

Cool, I had not seen some of those pics @Lumikki thank you for posting.

But are people thinking the guy with the beard sitting on the floor with the huge-ass grin is Axl's stepfather? I'd have to say No Way on that one. I'd say that guy is in his late 30's and looks WAY more jocular than what has been described about him. I just don't see someone who smacks his kids across the face for looking at a woman on the tv would be so smiley in front of a camera :shrugs: I'd be more inclined to think it's the guy in the top left hand corner sitting beside Axl in the first pic. I don't know who that is either, but maybe someone else does.

Where was it determined that his stepfather was only 14 yrs older than him? Can that be right? (paging indexer @Frey :lol:)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

So, I finally caught up with the old thread and I'm gonna drag this over here because we're more or less talking about the same thing anyway at the moment. But basically, after reading all of this, I'm inclined to agree with @Millions_of_Spiders, @Frey, and @Blackstar in that I could see Zutaut's claims being true, unforuntately :(

I agree, and I am glad that @Frey shared the links to the old posts so we could catch up. IMHO there's really no reason whatsoever for him to lie about being abused, and it makes sense that he would have confided in Zutaut.

Edited by stella
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, killuridols said:

Also, all of them follow the rule of "arm shot" or blurred Axl in the background or a shot from behind. Sometimes I wonder if he is aware of these pictures being taken or are they TB's shenanigans :shrugs:

I have a feeling he is aware, but this is just my intuition. Since Beta seems to check on the social media regularly, I assume she must be aware that fans want to know what's going on with him, and these "arm-shot" pictures could be her way to "throw us a bone" :lol:

To be honest, some of the pictures that were posted here come from dubious sources, meaning that when you trace them back its hard to find who posted which picture. For example, that one pic that terrifies @MillionsOfSpiders so much :lol:, I could never found the source or the person that posted it first, because I follow each member of the freak show that appears in that picture and I can confirm none of them posted it... So how did it make it online? It's a mistery to me.... Does Axl even know there's this picture of him on the Interwebs?

I didn't know we didn't know the source of those pictures. :o
So then I suppose they could have been leaked without his permission. Probably the freak show just shared them with their friends and one of them posted it. That would also prove what we have been discussing lately, i.e. that Axl cannot control the social media regardless of how much effort he may put into it.

Since there is a pattern with the pictures TB takes and uploads of him, I can conclude that some rules are applied to them. Now, the rest of pictures where he's shown in full body and appear to be taken in private context (like inside his house), look like something that doesn't have his approval.

This makes sense.  So this could lead us to believe that if he actually has a problem with posting pictures, the problem could be related to the pictures showing his full body and not his location or the people he hangs out with? If so, do you think this is a new development? I don't recall this being an issue in the past.

No, I didn't mean to say there's something extra to the picture of him from Susan's camera roll but I was trying to explain the third theory of mine in which I think he may allow people around him take pics of him but could have warned them about needing permission to publish them in social media. There's a reason why we can see the picture in her roll but she never made it public, it was a mistake that her roll appeared in a video.

Susan strikes me as someone who takes pictures all the time, but not necessarily post all of them, so on the one hand, I'm not surprised that that one picture was not "officially" posted, but on the other hand, the fact that no Axl picture gets ever posted by her is really suspicious.  

12 hours ago, stella said:

I want to say that I really appreciate that we have been able to have a polite and interesting conversation about this! Thank you. :) Not everyone can do that - there are a few people around the forum I have on ignore because they'd just get hostile.

Thank you! I really appreciate polite debating too. I love reading other people's perspectives because I think they broaden mine :)

12 hours ago, stella said:

We do seem to agree on some points, yes!

But the point I've been seeing over and over again in this discussion is that "There are no photos of Axl (with friends) (in social occasions) (with Duff and Slash). Ergo, he isn't spending time with them." The other point seems to be, "there are a lot of photos of him with these random people. Therefore, those must be his only friends." My point, that might be getting lost, is that we can't infer that. We can't pretend we know all about his social life or that the lack of public photos means anything other than "there's nothing public." The "pics or it didn't happen" maxim really doesn't apply.

Steven Tyler is extroverted to the extreme, from what I have heard - but I am really talking about them in civilian life, not on tour - and the point that celebs can and do dissolve into the crowds without getting a lot of photo documentation. I keep mentioning Johnny Depp because everyone knows where one of his apartments is, and it's in a fairly busy section of the city, and there are no public photos of him, ever. Steven Tyler lives in, IIRC, Hawaii now. When he's home, there aren't any photos of him out and about in Hawaii. When he lived in Boston, he was also out and about a lot - in one of his books he mentions going running every morning; he went to sports matches, and he's super introverted. But there were rarely, if ever, photos. Both Boston and Hawaii are huge places with a lot of tourists and people who might get starstruck...and yet, the photo documentation of people running into him or seeing him at events is very low.

Another example I heard - George Michael apparently spent a lot of time, before he died, volunteering at a shelter for either homeless people or domestic violence, I can't remember which. In London. With a lot of people around him. And nobody mentioned it, it was never in the press, nothing. Nobody said anything about it until he had passed away.

So I think it goes back to the point that "pics or it didn't happen" isn't accurate, not even a little.

I see we agree on most things actually. As I said a number of times, I never claimed that Axl was not spending time with Sluff, or that certain people were his only friends. My point was that the people we see him in pictures with are probably the ones that he spends most of his time with. Whether he socializes with other people is not clear imo, and the fact that there are no pictures is very suspicious to me, and I guess this is the point where we don't seem to agree. But that's fine. This is all speculation of course, and accuracy is a tricky business here I reckon, because just as you claim that the "no pic no happen" theory isn't accurate, I don't think there has been so far any real evidence that would prove the opposite.

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

At about three mins in he says he was introverted as a kid and still is. 

You are the master! I want you on all my teams forever and ever. :awesomeface:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Thank you for the transcript! I needed this as well :)

You're welcome. I had that quote in my file of random Axl quotes, but forgot to add the source lol.

35 minutes ago, stella said:

I agree, and I am glad that @Frey shared the links to the old posts so we could catch up. IMHO there's no reason to disbelieve him.

Yeah, as someone said in the old thread, Tom Zutaut doesn't really come across like a malicious guy who'd make something like that up for some nefarious reason. I do think Zutaut himself probably believes what he was saying.

42 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

But are people thinking the guy with the beard sitting on the floor with the huge-ass grin is Axl's stepfather? I'd have to say No Way on that one. I'd say that guy is in his late 30's and looks WAY more jocular than what has been described about him. I just don't see someone who smacks his kids across the face for looking at a woman on the tv would be so smiley in front of a camera :shrugs: I'd be more inclined to think it's the guy in the top left hand corner sitting beside Axl in the first pic. I don't know who that is either, but maybe someone else does.

Where was it determined that his stepfather was only 14 yrs older than him? Can that be right? (paging indexer @Frey :lol:)

You're welcome too lol.

Yeah I've seen people claim that as well. As far as I know there's no proof of that, but unlike most stuff that is claimed to be Axl's this or Axl's that, it's at least possible in this case. And I can see why people would think that, considering all the other family members in the pictures.

But yeah, polo shirt guy does seem like a pretty friendly and jocular looking guy, doesn't he? So I see what you're saying, but on the other hand it's hard to judge from a bunch of blurry pictures and impressions like that can be deceptive. And he was a preacher with his own little church, so he should be somewhat charismatic at least.

And yes, the 14 years older thing is right. I don't know if that part of the thread has been indexed yet, but I remember the discussion where that was determined very well (it was determined through data from genealogical sites and gravestone data...). It basically went like this: Axl's mom had Axl when she was 16 (his biological father was 20 at the time). Four years later, Axl's mom married Axl's step father, who was 18 at the time (and his mom was 20). So that makes Axl's step father 14 years older than Axl. I don't remember his exact age anymore, but we also had the actual birth date of the guy if that is not accurate enough for you :P He should be around 68 0r 69 now and is still very much alive.

And if we assume these pictures were taken in 1989, then Axl's step father would have been 41 or 42 at the time (depending on when exactly the pictures were taken), which isn't too far off from your late 30s impression.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

@dgnr This girl Pao Glitter is from Argentina and I'm fairly sure she's a big GNR fan (besides a great photographer). She's taken some great pics of Slash (and Duff too) last time SMKC came to Argentina as well.

Actually, I just came across her fotolog (remember that thing?) and this is some of the people she has pics with:

k7qte.jpg        2nitruo.jpg

16jons9.jpg sgpzyg.jpg

I guess she must enjoy taking pics at GNR's shows more than anything :) Btw, Axl doesn't look serial killerish in that pic with her, that's a big achievement :P

Great pics!

Steven and Slash look so very warm here :heart:

• Like 1

@MillionsOfSpiders Thank you, that's the quote I meant :lol:

I don't have time to comment on all the posts I want to comment right now (will do so later), so for now I'll leave you with this picture Duff just posted on his Twitter. Thought some of you might appreciate the baby Duff:

C73e4jTVQAAZlbE.jpg

Love how it says "McKagan, Mike" on his ID :P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Look at Axl though!! He is shrinking so far into himself! He looks scared. 

He was a pretty big deal rock star at that time too. 

---- 

Thank you princess @Lumikki. I wish I had more time/energy to post longer answers at the moment. Maybe next couple of days :) @killuridols just saw your post, agree with you, you said it much better than me :thumbsup:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

And last but not least, I can't help but notice the tension in Axl's body in all of those pictures... :unsure:

He's crossed arms which is oftenly a defensive position and sometimes he's hunching or sinking into the sofa. He looks very uncomfortable.

Also that one where he's wearing a turquoise t-shirt, his body looks deformed.

The guy in the picture where the kids hold Christmas presents (?) might as well be Axl's stepfather. Maybe he is the same person as the guy in the first pic, who  @Whiskey Rose said is most likely to be the stepfather :question:

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

And last but not least, I can't help but notice the tension in Axl's body in all of those pictures... :unsure:

He's crossed arms which is oftenly a defensive position and sometimes he's hunching or sinking into the sofa. He looks very uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, I agree, he looks nervous

This picture of him in the turquoise shirt must be from a later time than the others. It reminds me of another one in his house (?) with some women (I don't remember if Beta was in too), where he's wearing a woman-ish dark red cardigan sweater. When I saw it I thought it might be photoshoped, because his body looked strangely bloated. If it's real, it must be from around 1994 (?) I can't find it now, but I'm sure some people here know which pic I'm talking about.

-----

I remembered this quote from a 2011 interview, where Axl said he hadn't been in Indiana in 18 years:

I’ve got mixed emotions about what the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame actually really is, but at the same time, there’s a lot of people — the fans — that it just means something to them, and they’re happy. It’s like you won the Heisman or something. I have people of all ages — in Indiana, I hadn’t been there in 18 years, and you’ve got elderly TSA guys, a hundred pounds overweight, come up and they’re happy. So I don’t want to take that away from them.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/12/axl-rose-talks-playing-los-angeles-rock-hall-reunion.html

I'm not sure if he was talking only about playing there (the last GnR show in Indiana before 2011 was in 1992, that is 19 years) or he meant that he hadn't been there at all. I read here that he went there when his mother was sick, didn't he?

Edited by Blackstar
added link
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

And yes, the 14 years older thing is right. I don't know if that part of the thread has been indexed yet, but I remember the discussion where that was determined very well (it was determined through data from genealogical sites and gravestone data...). It basically went like this: Axl's mom had Axl when she was 16 (his biological father was 20 at the time). Four years later, Axl's mom married Axl's step father, who was 18 at the time (and his mom was 20). So that makes Axl's step father 14 years older than Axl. I don't remember his exact age anymore, but we also had the actual birth date of the guy if that is not accurate enough for you :P He should be around 68 0r 69 now and is still very much alive.

Oh ok, well I guess that's definitive enough for me. No DNA samples though? :lol: That seems so bizarre, that such a young man could exert such control.  

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, he definitely looks uncomfortable as hell in those photos..whether it be from beard guy or the guy sitting beiside him on the couch I don't know... I'm having a mental block accepting beard dude is his step-father, the age thing is throwing me for a loop :blink:..esp since they almost look like PEERS in that photo!

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Honestly, it looks like he's wearing a football shoulder and chest guard under his shirt :question:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The guy in the picture where the kids hold Christmas presents (?) might as well be Axl's stepfather. Maybe he is the same person as the guy in the first pic, who  @Whiskey Rose said is most likely to be the stepfather :question:

Yes. I'm going for that one most likely, if we have to guess here, because that's all we can do :shrugs:

Even though his face is blurred I still can perceive a mean look and attitude. The guy from the other pic sitting next to Axl also makes me :suspicious:... He's looking at Axl in a strange way from above and he's like shrinking or sinking into the sofa.

I don't remember the picture you are talking about, Blackstar, a womanish-dark red cardigan sweater? Hmm not sure what kind of clothes are those but if it's from the "wilderness years" it shouldn't be so hard to find it since there are very few from that era...

4 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Honestly, it looks like he's wearing a football shoulder and chest guard under his shirt :question:

Aahhh.... I guess I've never seen a person wearing that here, lol, we have no idea about that sport :P

But why would he wear those things while sitting at the table? :shrugs: same bad manners than putting feet with shoes on the sofa.....

5 hours ago, killuridols said:
10 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Aahhh.... I guess I've never seen a person wearing that here, lol, we have no idea about that sport :P

But why would he wear those things while sitting at the table? :shrugs: same bad manners than putting feet with shoes on the sofa.....

Just a thought... Maybe this is what he's wearing under the shirt?

axl%20kilt_zpsl6oaisz7.jpg

I remember Izzy (and maybe Axl himself) mentioning that Axl was receiving death threats around 1989-90 (probably because of OIAM). Maybe he had the bulletproof vest because of that and then made it part of his stage attire?

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

I don't remember the picture you are talking about, Blackstar, a womanish-dark red cardigan sweater? Hmm not sure what kind of clothes are those but if it's from the "wilderness years" it shouldn't be so hard to find it since there are very few from that era...

I found it. Is it fake?

XfP61tHd5Fk_zpsmfbnbkog.jpg

19 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Actually, I just came across her fotolog (remember that thing?) and this is some of the people she has pics with:

k7qte.jpg        2nitruo.jpg

16jons9.jpg sgpzyg.jpg

I guess she must enjoy taking pics at GNR's shows more than anything :) Btw, Axl doesn't look serial killerish in that pic with her, that's a big achievement :P

Am I the only one who realise tht Slash stache looks same like Axl's? :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Not all bad guy have to look bad in front of camera

14 hours ago, Frey said:

@MillionsOfSpiders Thank you, that's the quote I meant :lol:

I don't have time to comment on all the posts I want to comment right now (will do so later), so for now I'll leave you with this picture Duff just posted on his Twitter. Thought some of you might appreciate the baby Duff:

C73e4jTVQAAZlbE.jpg

Love how it says "McKagan, Mike" on his ID :P

Cute hair

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I remember Izzy (and maybe Axl himself) mentioning that Axl was receiving death threats around 1989-90 (probably because of OIAM). Maybe he had the bulletproof vest because of that and then made it part of his stage attire?

I found it. Is it fake?

No,  its not fake

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes. I'm going for that one most likely, if we have to guess here, because that's all we can do :shrugs:

Even though his face is blurred I still can perceive a mean look and attitude. The guy from the other pic sitting next to Axl also makes me :suspicious:... He's looking at Axl in a strange way from above and he's like shrinking or sinking into the sofa.

Curious about tht guy too

Seems Axl never sitting like tht in Every pic or video

Btw Anyone still have Susan's pic with Axl on it?  *Too lazy to search it

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah i know what she meant but :lol: ..... I'm sorry, it's hilarious if he was wearing that... Inside the house... At the table?

Is that his house, though? Impossible to detect who are the others at tthe table. One of them look like his brother Stuart but I dunno.... Very weird picture. And it doesn't look to me like it is from the  90s because I was thinking of when Axl started getting weight... It can't be that he's so bloated in the 80s... We never saw him looking like that. It's so weird....

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I found it. Is it fake?

Ooooh yes I've seen this pic before but I was confused because you said Beta :D

No, it's not fake. That is Erin :heart: the girl dressed in black and that one with short haircut kinda looks like his sister?

This must be 1989... He wore that kind of blazer in the shows with the Stones.

17 hours ago, solstar said:

I didn't know we didn't know the source of those pictures. :o
So then I suppose they could have been leaked without his permission. Probably the freak show just shared them with their friends and one of them posted it. That would also prove what we have been discussing lately, i.e. that Axl cannot control the social media regardless of how much effort he may put into it.

This makes sense.  So this could lead us to believe that if he actually has a problem with posting pictures, the problem could be related to the pictures showing his full body and not his location or the people he hangs out with? If so, do you think this is a new development? I don't recall this being an issue in the past.

Susan strikes me as someone who takes pictures all the time, but not necessarily post all of them, so on the one hand, I'm not surprised that that one picture was not "officially" posted, but on the other hand, the fact that no Axl picture gets ever posted by her is really suspicious. 

If we don't catch them in the moment, after so many years, the source gets lost and most of these pics circulate on TumblR and Instagram and you know what a mess those places are.

The picture from Londont surfaced just like that... And then I found other pics of the freak show taken same day, same place but no Axl. So yeah, I assume one of those people leaked it.

No, I don't think he has a problem with the pictures showing his full body. In my opinion it has more to do with location. When you show just a small part like the arm or the hands, there's not much background in the picture. But a full body shot or a picture with a group of people will provide much more information because there's more room for elements in the background.

This proves that saying social media pictures or any other picture is just a snapshot of the moment is totally wrong. Photos are evidence and you can get a lot of of information from this type of evidence. It takes a trained eye to read the elements in the picture but you can figure out a good portion. If combined with other information and other pictures, you can definitely create a profile or possible scenario.

Yeah, Susan and Meegan are always around with their camera. Meegan got a new professional camera recently and she was learning how to use it. She makes videos too. I'm sure they both must have pictures of Axl or Axl in the picture, lol, but still... This is all in the context of a tour where they are forced to be around each other because they all travel together and at least share the plane. Now in hotels, I have no idea if they cross paths.... At least in Argentina, this didn't happen so I think during those days, he must have seen Duff and Slash only onstage.