GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

29 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He always has to have an entourage too, sometimes just Beta and a couple of others but a lot of the time there's lots of hangers on following him around. Like in London when he tried to walk down the street, he had a stupidly large entourage then and it's been reported so many times how he's always got a lot of people with him. 

I think all those people all the time would do an introverts head in, to be honest. 

Yes. Thats another outstanding point. Introvert is self-sufficient, reserved most of the time. Do a lot of activities by themselves. Axl doesn't ever go out without one or more of the Lebeises. That circus you mention about walking the streets of London is total opposite to what an introvert would prefer. 

Axl-Rose-em-Londres-2016-2.jpg

A king with a court of jesters. Not an introvert!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Jesus fuckin Christ, I've never seen a pic from this moment from this perspective, this is some scary shit, the number of hangers-on is just too damn high :facepalm:

Hi, Andrei :wub:

:lol:

Even the personal trainer!!!!! :facepalm::facepalm:

Here have a link to check 'em all pics of the freak show :heart:

http://lucaneve.photoshelter.com/gallery/07-06-2016-Axl-Rose-in-Londons-Chinatown/G0000xDKM.nQjv_4/C0000GPpTqAGd2Gg

If we believe Craig Duswalt, Axl didn't go to parties much (even those organized by himself, i.e. by his siblings who were assigned to the "job") in the Illusions days and when he did, he didn't stay long; after a while he wanted to leave. He spent his time either alone or with his entourage.

Axl may be an introvert, an extrovert, or maybe he has both aspects to an extent (these things are not black and white). In the quote from the 1988 interview @MillionsOfSpiders posted he said that he had been seeking for attention since he was a child but that he also had had an introvert side.

Whichever he is, I don't think it's so important, as it's not related to him most likely having mental problems. The fact that he has people following him around may be equally due to insecurity deriving from mental issues as him being isolated in his hotel room.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Dear @Blackstar, no idea what Craig wrote but I was not talking about those parties from the 90's. I have fresher memories of his parties and partying from 2006 and on, as well as comments from the party-goers. There's plenty of evidence of all the partying he was doing, if we were to dig all the pictures from those years.... Also Baz has extensive comments about all this because he toured with Axl during that time.

That Nur Khan guy that used to hang out with him too was a NY club owner or night entrepreneur who provided the places for these events.

Introversion and extraversion are personality types: two complementary ways of operating in the world. People have both introversion and extraversion in their personalities but most of them lean towards one side of the spectrum. This preference can be slight or quite marked. When it is quite marked towards introversion, the person is visibly someone more cautious, quiet, methodical, reserved, sometimes appears "slower" than the rest because it takes them more time to digest information. 

In my opinion, this is not the case of Axl and never was. It may be true he has an introverted side but it clearly doesn't define the way he operates in the world. 

OH-MY-GOD :scared:

I just googled "Axl Rose party" and my jaw dropped :wow:

Lots of unseen pictures, at least for me, of wild partying and stories from random people in blogs.

If you feel like getting entertained for a long while use that Google search and let the fun begin!!! :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

Jesus fuckin Christ, I've never seen a pic from this moment from this perspective, this is some scary shit, the number of hangers-on is just too damn high :facepalm:

Hi, Andrei :wub:

The frame wasn't big enough to fit them all in because Sasha wearing her pyjamas isn't there :lol:

The entourage thing is just beyond ridiculous :facepalm: like @killuridols said even the personal trainer is there lololololol!! Omg :lol: I don't think we knew who he was when this happened haha. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

If we believe Craig Duswalt, Axl didn't go to parties much (even those organized by himself, i.e. by his siblings who were assigned to the "job") in the Illusions days and when he did, he didn't stay long; after a while he wanted to leave. He spent his time either alone or with his entourage.

Axl may be an introvert, an extrovert, or maybe he has both aspects to an extent (these things are not black and white). In the quote from the 1988 interview @MillionsOfSpiders posted he said that he had been seeking for attention since he was a child but that he also had had an introvert side.

Whichever he is, I don't think it's so important, as it's not related to him most likely having mental problems. The fact that he has people following him around may be equally due to insecurity deriving from mental issues as him being isolated in his hotel room.

I agree, it doesn't matter if he's introvert or extrovert or whatever. The reason he locks himself away in his hotel room or doesn't hang out with other members of the band, to me, is much deeper than being an introvert and much more worrying than that. I think you hit the nail on the head. 

2 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Hmmmm....I would consider myself to be introverted, but at the same time I still need to have people around me. Granted I can't stand a lot of centralized noise, but I still need a great deal of personal space. Being in the military sometimes does not afford such privacy so I tolerate it. However I can see your point about introverts being around large crowds of people.

I get what you mean, I wouldn't class myself as an introvert but I am quite shy when I don't know someone, which I personally think is something completely different to being an introvert. I used to get into trouble at work for being shy and quiet and not assertive enough. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes. Thats another outstanding point. Introvert is self-sufficient, reserved most of the time. Do a lot of activities by themselves. Axl doesn't ever go out without one or more of the Lebeises. That circus you mention about walking the streets of London is total opposite to what an introvert would prefer. 

Agreed killuridols

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Dear @Blackstar, no idea what Craig wrote but I was not talking about those parties from the 90's. I have fresher memories of his parties and partying from 2006 and on, as well as comments from the party-goers. There's plenty of evidence of all the partying he was doing, if we were to dig all the pictures from those years.... Also Baz has extensive comments about all this because he toured with Axl during that time.

Yes, but what Craig wrote means that Axl acted and felt differently in previous phases of his life (pre-2006). Baz has also said that when he and Axl reconnected in 2006, Axl didn't get out and he only used to invite people to his house for dinner (and Baz incited him to start going to clubs, partying and having fun). So we can't conclude that him partying (or not) is something that hints to a personality trait. And we can't attribute his behavior in the 90s solely to depression, because this would mean that he's been well post 2006, which is unlikely the case.

Edited by Blackstar
syntax

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I can't help it but it reminds me of this :facepalm:

Výsledek obrázku pro lord voldemort death eaters

or this :smiley-confused2:

Spoiler

Výsledek obrázku pro shrek

Please Axl, don't bring them to our European party, come alone, we'll take care of you :wub:

• Like 3

On 27.3.2017 at 5:26 PM, killuridols said:

There's one message that called my attention though...

I wonder why she says "talented"..... 

I want to know more about her. Going by Axl's words I always had a bad impression of his mom... The way he talks about her in lyrics... It's very off putting :unsure: and I can't believe someone can be such a bad mother.

Maybe is a flaw in me that I empathize with women's issues much more than men's so I've been looking for more information on her because I wanna hear her side, I want to understand her reasons and I want to understand her. Too bad she's gone from this world... Findings like this are highly valuable to me.

Thank you Blackstar!!! :hug:

I wouldn't read too much into it. People constantly call other people beautiful, talented and all kinds of other adjectives just to be nice. Sometimes I feel like these words have lost all meaning by now.

Though who knows. I guess it's possible she was sort of musically gifted for example and maybe she could sing well. Axl's got to get it from somewhere.

Either way, I agree. I'm curious about his mother as well.

Especially since it appears Axl's grandma was a pretty great and a very well-liked lady. One can't help but wonder what went "wrong" with her daughter and her family then. Maybe the mysterious Mr. Lintner (what was the guy's name anyway?) I'didn't just turn his wife bitter about men, but somehow also damaged his daughter by whatever it was that he did.

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's noteworthy that there's no mention of her husband, Axl's grandfather, in the obituary, even though all the other close relatives (the living ones and also Axl's mother) are mentioned. I think it adds to @Lumikki's hypothesis making it very plausible. Who knows, maybe grandpa Lintner left his family very early, hence grandma's hatred towards men (along with her daughter being involved with a creep).

And I agree with @killuridols from the messages and the life facts in the obituary it looks that Axl's grandmother was a really good, loving and giving person (she did voluntary work in hospitals and schools for years) and a very strong woman. It's also mentioned that she was an active member of the Lutheran Church, but, like you had said, it doesn't seem at all that she was near the kind of sick religious fundamentalist Axl's stepfather was. 

That is indeed noteworthy. And yeah, it really does give weight to Lumikki's theory. Very strange.

Also, great CSI work on all of this, Blackstar! :lol:

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The shows with The Stones were in 1989, i.e. around the time we assume the other pictures (the ones of Axl with family members) were taken. If the pic with the turquoise shirt was taken at the same time (Axl's hair is the same in all these pics, as well as in the one with Erin and Amy which is, as killuridols pointed out, from the same year), it coincides with the period when Axl was afraid that someone would kill him. Also, a similar situation to the one @Frey pointed out about when Axl went in Indiana in the 90s...

...was described by Izzy about when he and Axl went to Indiana in 1989:

But let's talk more about success, about your success.
Well, it's frightening, that's what it is. I mean, a week ago I flew with Axl from New York to Lafayette, Indiana, with one lay-over flight and by the time we hit Lafayette there were people just milling around the fuckin' airport. Mainly for him. Axl really brings out the fuckin' crazies, man. They relate to him particularly in this very weird, intense way. But that's the same with all of us, y'know. It's like a sickness. 'Cos they don't want to shake your hand or get your autograph. They want to scream in your face or mess with your head, sneak around your house, sneak into your hotel room and fuck with your head. It puts you right on edge, man, all the fuckin' time. Because a lot of these kids carry guns, right. And you never know what the fuck they're up to.

http://www.oocities.org/rattlesnake_suitcase/face90.htm

So I think that it's possible that Axl wore a bulletproof vest.

Yeah, I can understand why Axl would have been paranoid. And that Izzy quote is a great example.

But then again, Izzy also is one paranoid motherfucker himself, so who knows how reliable a source he really is :lol:

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

He doesn't look old to me at all... I could say that's a guy under 30's for sure... something like 26 or 27 years old.

Remember people from the past used to look a lot older than they do now. Because they started living life and having responsabilities at an early time, they aged faster. In 1900 the life expectancy was around 40 years old.

IMG_2396.jpg

Yes, Axl looks like 6 or 7 and he was always very small. Looked younger than he actually was...

The other option is that this guy could be Jerry, the uncle, the other child of Anna Lintner.

It also calls my attention the position he holds in the picture. He's like sitting in a throne :lol:

It is very telling how he's surrounded by the women and the children at his feet. He certainly holds some kind of authority in the family, so he's either the stepdad or Axl's uncle.

The woman in the background one of them has to be Axl's mom and Axl's grandma... I just don't know which one... too dark.

To me he looks old. The posture and frailty of the body, the hair looks dark grey to me... And old grandpas would be seated on a throne-like chair too, since they usually hold an honorable place or a place of authority in the family as well. Not to mention that they might need to be seated for health reasons lol. But with these shitty ass pictures basically all we do is guess work.

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I think she's definitely the one on the left.... wearing light colored clothes and holding who I assume is Axl...

The other woman to me looks a lot like this one here:

I also assume the grandma may have been a young woman herself. Going by the dates, she became a grandmother at age 47 and assuming Axl could be 6 or 7 years old in this picture, then she is 53 or 54 years old here.

If this is not her, then I am left with a few options... maybe some aunt on the stepdad's side, some other relative or a friend of the family.

Yeah, I was thinking along these same lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, what Craig wrote means that Axl acted and felt differently in previous phases of his life (pre-2006). Baz has also said that when he and Axl reconnected in 2006, Axl didn't get out and he only used to invite people to his house for dinner (and Baz incited him to start going to clubs, partying and having fun). So we can't conclude that him partying (or not) is something that hints to a personality trait. And we can't attribute his behavior in the 90s solely to depression, because this would mean that he's been well post 2006, which is unlikely the case.

If Axl had a phase of depression where he didn't go out, I agree that doesn't make him an introvert nor an extrovert, just depressed. Now, an introvert won't go from being reserved and low profile to being the soul of the party or a party animal, like Axl in 2006 and following years.

I don't think partying is a hint of personality trait but the way the person behaves at the party is what will make an introvert stand out in a party crowd. Rarely, an introvert will be described as the following article describes Axl's tour of NY night clubs in 2010:

It was just after 8 a.m. on Feb. 12, and for the last three hours Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose had been knocking back cocktails of vodka, cranberry juice and champagne at hip NYC lounge Greenhouse. Hot off the stage from an electric two-hour gig at the John Varvatos store on the Bowery, Rose still had enough energy to keep the party going with his entourage of 20 or more rockers and hangers-on.

But Rose’s recent high jinks are legendary even where rockers are concerned. For the last three weeks, the singer has been on an epic bender in New York, tearing through the city’s nightclubs and bars like he’s still the stick-thin 25-year-old who became a worldwide phenomenon after the release of his album “Appetite for Destruction.”

Since he arrived in the city for his Fashion Week concert on Feb. 11, he’s gone out nearly every night (and continued on till the morning), usually crashing afterward at his $1,550-a-night suite in the Essex House Hotel. His assault on New York night life has made him a one-man stimulus package during the scene’s winter doldrums — and the city’s nocturnes are thrilled.

On Sunday night, Feb. 14, Guns N’ Roses played a late-night gig at Rose Bar to a crowd of 150 that included Mickey Rourke. “Are you as hung-over as I am?” he snarled between GNR hits “Paradise City” and “Welcome to the Jungle.” Then he went upstairs to a private suite where the party continued from 3 a.m. until 8 a.m.

http://nypost.com/2010/03/02/new-yorks-hottest-party-boy/

Basically, this is an Introvert's Worst Nightmare Come True :scared:

Never meant to say the introvert doesn't like going to parties but not like this!

-----

lol @MillionsOfSpiders :lol:

I can't decide which one is my favorite yet but this one is.... I dont know... :scared:

B5A.jpg

----

Others I've never seen before....

50A2352D8.jpg

Mark-Birnbaum-Axl-Rose+(1).jpg

BMj7_l1CMAAu1EK.jpg

I think I've seen a variation of this one...

x_5d576043.jpg

Axl in socks!! Always saw just a part of this picture, not the other girl....

9BD.jpg

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

Just now, Andy14 said:

Looks like Axl came to the "take your shoes off" side :rofl-lol:

Hahaha, he finally learned!

Also, the girl who is not Kat :P, her jeans are folded using a technique some of us girls know :ph34r: when we want to wear high boots over jeans.

So it looks she's not wearing shoes either :ph34r:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Frey said:

But then again, Izzy also is one paranoid motherfucker himself, so who knows how reliable a source he really is :lol:

Yes, this is a thing he has in common with Axl (judging and from what he says after the quoted part):lol:

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't think partying is a hint of personality trait but the way the person behaves at the party is what will make an introvert stand out in a party crowd. Rarely, an introvert will be described as the following article describes Axl's tour of NY night clubs in 2010:

http://nypost.com/2010/03/02/new-yorks-hottest-party-boy/

Basically, this is an Introvert's Worst Nightmare Come True :scared:

Never meant to say the introvert doesn't like going to parties but never like this!

I don't know... I'm an introvert myself, nevertheless I went though a phase when I wanted to go to bars (not clubs and too crowded places though) and drink and stay till the morning etc very often. And sometimes I still do this, although most of the time, when I go out, I prefer it being at a quiet place with a small number of friends.

And what I noticed from some of the quotes and pictures is that Axl's fellow party-ers are a limited number of people consisting of his entourage, some intelligent models and occasionally a couple of other celebrities who are his acquaintances - kind of a private thing.

Anyway, you are convinced he's not an introvert and your position is clear, while mine is that I'm not sure what he is and I don't think it's important. Also I don't consider introversion/extroversion as defining traits - there are many other things going on in a personality.

Spoiler

However, I'll give in accepting he's not an introvert if there are no more creepy pictures with the "freak show" and the intelligent models :scared::awesomeface:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, this is a thing he has in common with Axl (judging and from what he says after the quoted part):lol:

I don't know... I'm an introvert myself, nevertheless I went though a phase when I wanted to go to bars (not clubs and too crowded places though) and drink and stay till the morning etc very often. And sometimes I still do this, although most of the time, when I go out, I prefer it being at a quiet place with a small number of friends.

And what I noticed from some of the quotes and pictures is that Axl's fellow party-ers are a limited number of people consisting of his entourage, some intelligent models and occasionally a couple of other celebrities who are his acquaintances - kind of a private thing.

Anyway, you are convinced he's not an introvert and your position is clear, while mine is that I'm not sure what he is and I don't think it's important. Also I don't consider introversion/extroversion as defining traits - there are many other things going on in a personality.

Reveal hidden contents

However, I'll give in accepting he's not an introvert if there are no more creepy pictures with the "freak show" and the intelligent models :scared::awesomeface:

lol at the hidden contents :lol:
(there's soooo much more I want to shaaaare :ph34r:)

I'm a full introvert and I've known this since apparently this was a problem in school for me. After I was "diagnosed" things started to change and I learned how it was not so bad, added that some of those problems had nothing to do with the introversion.

I dont like clubs or bars and never had the need to go to them. My experience with that comes from being pushed by peers to go and try something different. But you won't find me hitting the bar on my own, ever, lol.

Axl's entourage doesn't seem limited to me.... One of the quotes says 20 people... 20 people is a lot for an entourage! I can barely handle 3 people :scared:
Private party only means that it is for people who are invited or in a guest list, which doesn't include fans and random people that are not related to him or the business.
Kinda like, none of us would ever be invited :P

The bolded: I agree but to me it is what it is and most people don't understand, a way to operate in the world. :)

• Like 1