GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Okay, so going back to the shit I originally wanted to comment on, before the derailment...

On ‎30‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 6:21 PM, Lumikki said:

IMG_2404.jpg

This picture is creepy.

Axl trying to get away from some bare chested older guy in his family who's leaning over him kind of possessively? Certainly doesn't paint a nice picture.

(I still think it's more likely tooth paste smile guy is his step father (if anyone) because that guy looked to be the right age and creepy bare chest guy seems too old, but who the fuck knows.)

On ‎30‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 10:13 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Lumikki I think this had a lot to do with Axl's hair going dry and brittle in such a short space of time

IMG_3510.PNG.1f2de961cbe95c568ce828703f2d8758.PNG

Prescription drugs for his skin and hair :facepalm:

Those kind of things are so fucking notoriously bad for you, really toxic shit. 

I've always suspected Yoda etc. were feeding Axl all kinds of questionable shit, this might tie into that. I'm sure the "herbal wrap exorcism" and enemas (?) weren't the only things they were responsible for.

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

I don't know what the legal implications may be.... One of many problems I see is that if he's going to cover his life then he can't avoid talking about certain topics that could backfire really bad... And if he doesn't talk about them it will look like he deliberately wants to dodge them, which will lead to criticism as well. I think there are a couple issues in his life, dark zones where he cannot win. OIAM, the riots, domestic abuse, all those things he cannot find excuses anymore, not in the times we are living, so the only way to come out somewhat good from it would be to admit the mistakes, be humble about it and apologize to the offended ones. I don't know if he can or want to do that.

Again, the expectations for an Axl autobiography will be as high as it was for 'Chinese Democracy'. Every person who has a bit to do with his life or career will expect to be acknowledged. And it's also hard to criticize autobiographies because they can be nothing less than ultra subjective, for which there are big chances it will not fulfill the expectations of a lot of people.

Nonetheless, I would love to read it.... but every year that passes I feel it just won't happen. I really can't see it happening anytime soon but I hope I'm wrong.

Agreed 100%.

I think there are 4 main issues that really make it hard for him to write an autobiography:

1) Slash (and the other guys, but mostly Slash): Like Axl said in the China thing, he doesn't know how to express his views on various events without making everyone else look like liars (that's what he was worried about, not legal issues). And it's understandable he doesn't want risk their new-found relationship going to shit again.

2) Erin/Steph/etc. Incredibly hard situation to deal with an autobiography. I don't think it's impossible to deal with, but it would take a really careful hand and a lot of self-reflection.

3) His childhood. He got really hurt the first time he talked about it, he's probably not keen to repeat the experience.

4) The mystery years. Depending on what really went down during these years (though going by the bits and pieces we do know, it doesn't sound too good), he might not be too keen to talk about these years either.

Like you said, there are just so many dark spots in his life that I'm not sure he's capable of dealing with on his own without running into trouble. He'd need help by someone who really knows what they're doing (meaning someone who is not Del James, whoever wrote Adler's and Adler's mom's books, etc.). Maybe Duff could help him too.

But yeah, I really hope we're wrong too, because Axl's book would no doubt be an absolutely fascinating read and I'd love to read it too.

14 hours ago, stella said:

ITA.

Slash vs. Axl on the issue of homophobia is puzzling for me. Unlike Axl, Slash DID grow up in a progressive environment, in a major city with an LGBT community, and one would have thought that would have fostered tolerance and greater sensitivity and awareness.

And Axl seems way ahead of Slash on this issue now - with the exception of the Madison rant, I don't think anyone's ever heard him using the words 'gay,' 'lesbian' or 'fa****t' in pejorative terms since OIAM. I do think in the years since OIAM Axl has probably progressed in this view, as well as others. When he did that Jimmy Kimmel interview he said that he generally tends to lean Democratic and would vote for Obama if he were voting. He's been pretty vocal, especially lately, about his opposition to the right and to right-wing politicians, even more than Slash has.

With racism -  I remember something similar, in that Axl said he wasn't raised in a racist environment. But I do think that it's probably relatively safe to assume that small-town Indiana was almost entirely white, and that one would not have necessarily come into a lot of contact with people of color. In all those school photos that have been posted, there isn't a single face that isn't white. I think that if one grows up in that environment, it's probably easier to be naive about the context and weight of certain words, as well as things that are considered micro-aggressions - for instance, immediately assuming an Asian or Indian person doesn't speak English or isn't American. In one of the interviews where Axl was talking about OIAM he mentioned that Black people use the word 'ni***r' all the time and it's not considered racist when they say it. I think that is an example of how he didn't necessarily understand the context of that usage.

There's also a story about Axl ending up in a gay gym and signing lots of sweaty gay men's body parts or something :lol: And Axl partying at a gay bar in London. Not sure he would have been comfortable with these things back in the day, so yeah, he does seem to have made some progress in that direction.

And yeah, his confusion about why he wasn't allowed to say the N word, while black people were... that's an example of what I meant by uneducated/lacking context. Always made him come across as really sheltered and naive to me as well.

On ‎31‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 7:53 PM, SerenityScorp said:

tumblr_ok59nfo1bf1vkt6tqo1_1280.jpg

Was that shirt directed at Axl? :awesomeface:

(I mean... it really fits their situation, their relationship, Axl...)

13 hours ago, money honey said:
17 hours ago, Frey said:

(Though I have no doubt that some of you would just love to see Slash/Izzy/Duff literally putting Axl over their knees too :smiley-confused2:)

Don't you know it!

Hah!

If nothing else, this thread has certainly... expanded my horizons on what (many) women are apparently into, at least in this corner of the internet :lol:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Frey said:

Agreed 100%.

I think there are 4 main issues that really make it hard for him to write an autobiography:

1) Slash (and the other guys, but mostly Slash): Like Axl said in the China thing, he doesn't know how to express his views on various events without making everyone else look like liars (that's what he was worried about, not legal issues). And it's understandable he doesn't want risk their new-found relationship going to shit again.

2) Erin/Steph/etc. Incredibly hard situation to deal with an autobiography. I don't think it's impossible to deal with, but it would take a really careful hand and a lot of self-reflection.

3) His childhood. He got really hurt the first time he talked about it, he's probably not keen to repeat the experience.

4) The mystery years. Depending on what really went down during these years (though going by the bits and pieces we do know, it doesn't sound too good), he might not be too keen to talk about these years either.

Like you said, there are just so many dark spots in his life that I'm not sure he's capable of dealing with on his own without running into trouble. He'd need help by someone who really knows what they're doing (meaning someone who is not Del James, whoever wrote Adler's and Adler's mom's books, etc.). Maybe Duff could help him too.

But yeah, I really hope we're wrong too, because Axl's book would no doubt be an absolutely fascinating read and I'd love to read it too.

A lot of this is why I think Axl would not write a book or tell his life story until his twilight years, or until he's ready to retire or leave the spotlight. A lot of very heavy stuff has happened in his life, writing about it is something that could leave anyone feeling very vulnerable, and he might wish to wait until he's not in the spotlight as much.

I could even see him writing something, hanging on to it, and arranging for it to be released posthumously.

As to the content itself, I think it could be done. For all we know, when some of the past lawsuits were settled, they came with agreements not to discuss the subject publicly. That's not a weird concept; it happens with a lot of court settlements. You get a settlement and one of the stipulations on both sides is often that you agree not to talk to the press or write a tell-all. There's no way to know if that is the case with anything involving Axl, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

If not? He doesn't have to focus on anything he doesn't want to write about. There is no requirement that a memoir has to cover every single thing in a person's life, and there are plenty of other people who have chosen to avoid discussing especially difficult or personal subjects. There are others who have focused on a specific time in their lives - he could do a book that was all about being on tour for AfD, or essays about different subjects, or whatever. There are lots of ways to approach it.

I do think that he'd probably end up working with someone like Del James. I am not keen on some of DJ's writing, but I do think he's been an excellent interviewer for Axl - in the interviews he did for Rolling Stone and RIP with Axl, he actually did ask some very difficult questions. Axl trusted him enough to answer, too. It might be sufficient to help Axl create a narrative that works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Was that shirt directed at Axl? :awesomeface:

(I mean... it really fits their situation, their relationship, Axl...)

Hah!

If nothing else, this thread has certainly... expanded my horizons on what (many) women are apparently into, at least in this corner of the internet :lol:

First bolded: Jesus that was staring at me and I didn't see it til you pointed it out. 

Second bolded: this is a special corner of the internet! One of my favourites!

1 hour ago, stella said:

A lot of this is why I think Axl would not write a book or tell his life story until his twilight years, or until he's ready to retire or leave the spotlight. A lot of very heavy stuff has happened in his life, writing about it is something that could leave anyone feeling very vulnerable, and he might wish to wait until he's not in the spotlight as much.

I could even see him writing something, hanging on to it, and arranging for it to be released posthumously.

As to the content itself, I think it could be done. For all we know, when some of the past lawsuits were settled, they came with agreements not to discuss the subject publicly. That's not a weird concept; it happens with a lot of court settlements. You get a settlement and one of the stipulations on both sides is often that you agree not to talk to the press or write a tell-all. There's no way to know if that is the case with anything involving Axl, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

If not? He doesn't have to focus on anything he doesn't want to write about. There is no requirement that a memoir has to cover every single thing in a person's life, and there are plenty of other people who have chosen to avoid discussing especially difficult or personal subjects. There are others who have focused on a specific time in their lives - he could do a book that was all about being on tour for AfD, or essays about different subjects, or whatever. There are lots of ways to approach it.

I do think that he'd probably end up working with someone like Del James. I am not keen on some of DJ's writing, but I do think he's been an excellent interviewer for Axl - in the interviews he did for Rolling Stone and RIP with Axl, he actually did ask some very difficult questions. Axl trusted him enough to answer, too. It might be sufficient to help Axl create a narrative that works.

Yes. There are loads of ways of doing it. Hopefully maturity and perspective will enable him to do it one day and publish in his lifetime.

22 minutes ago, dgnr said:

So another Barbeque at Duff's place this time with Fernando and his family and Beta, who did the entrees, Slash's stepdaughter and even Axl's PT. I'm liking this, Axl had to be there this time, c'mon :dance:

Searching for his arm in this pic...can't find it ???

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

So another Barbeque at Duff's place this time with Fernando and his family and Beta, who did the entrees, Slash's stepdaughter and even Axl's PT. I'm liking this, Axl had to be there this time, c'mon :dance:

:wow:

lol Duff knows how to play his cards! :thumbsup::P

Yeah, I think it is highly likely Axl was there too... I hope so :confused:.... umm... right? :unsure:

Because if he wasn't....... duuuh :facepalm:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Frey said:

Okay, so going back to the shit I originally wanted to comment on, before the derailment...

On 30/3/2017 at 1:21 PM, Lumikki said:

IMG_2404.jpg

This picture is creepy.

Axl trying to get away from some bare chested older guy in his family who's leaning over him kind of possessively? Certainly doesn't paint a nice picture.

(I still think it's more likely tooth paste smile guy is his step father (if anyone) because that guy looked to be the right age and creepy bare chest guy seems too old, but who the fuck knows.)

lol omg we are picking too much on that bare chested guy :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

What if he's a saint lovely husband and father who pays his taxes religiously and never hurt anyone? :confused:

:P

We are nuts!! Tell me, Frey, do you also see as I see that Axl is kind of sucking his thumb? :awesomeface:

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Searching for his arm in this pic...can't find it ???

lol I did the same was trying to see if there was a reflection in the window :axl: I was also excited that I have the same slow cooker that the PT is looking in sad I know but fun :lol::heart:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What if he's a saint lovely husband and father who pays his taxes religiously and never hurt anyone? :confused:

Omg, the bare chested guy looks like that "uncle" every family has....the one that comes to every wedding, b-day party and funeral, the one that gets drunk even after one glass of beer, the one that is familiar with everyone, tells obscene jokes and nobody really knows whose side of family he's from because he's been there forever. :unsure:

33 minutes ago, killuridols said:

We are nuts!! Tell me, Frey, do you also see as I see that Axl is kind of sucking his thumb? :awesomeface:

You sure it's his thumb? :ph34r:

You never know with this family :smiley-confused2:

:rofl-lol:

10 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Omg, the bare chested guy looks like that "uncle" every family has....the one that comes to every wedding, b-day party and funeral, the one that gets drunk even after one glass of beer, the one that is familiar with everyone, tells obscene jokes and nobody really knows whose side of family he's from because he's been there forever. :unsure:

Poor bare chested guy :facepalm:

Are we sure he's bare chested, though? I think he's wearing a tshirt underneath.

11 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

omg what's wrong with you? :lol:

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

I believe that Axl must have been there, he's for sure in another room doing yoga with Duff as his mentor sport22.gif

Btw. is that what our european party will look like? :ph34r: What are you gonna cook, btw? :popcorn:

30 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Careful there...you are crossing the line on that comment...not funny at all ?

Oh, I'm sorry....It was meant as a joke....that's what I always do :nervous:

I didn't mean to insult Axl, I think there's been more than enough offensive posts in this thread, so I prefer to bring a bit of humour into it. :shrugs:

And btw. I think we all sometimes write "cross the line" comments without even realizing it... 

e601524ce5fbf6816d01255ffd45a887.jpg

:smiley-confused2:

Edited by Andy14
  • Like 3

All hail Lord Duff!

Who is willing to invite Axl's entire entourage over for BBQ. Just to make Axl feel comfortable. Or to not give Axl any excuse not to attend lol.

Either way, well played, Duff. :lol:

I would bet on Axl having been there too. It would be severely weird if Duff and family had BBQ with Beta, Nando (+family) and even the freaking personal trainer without Axl.

But then again, Axl apparently didn't even attend his own birthday party once, so nothing is for certain.  Nah, I'm gonna be an optimist for once and say Axl was there. Hallelujah.

7 hours ago, stella said:

Axl originally intended to write a book dealing only with the break-up of the band iirc correctly from the chats. Which I would still read and find interesting, but to be honest I'd prefer a proper biography about his entire life. So much about the guy is a mystery or subject of endless rumors and debate, it would be a good way for him to set the record straight on various issues as well.

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

:P

If he's that saintly, he likely isn't hanging out in this hell hole of a forum anyway, so no worries :awesomeface:

And well, now that you mention it, I can see it, yeah :awesomeface: Or maybe he's biting his nails, as an alternative and slightly more realistic interpretation. Plenty of adults do that when nervous or scared, after all.

We clearly have picture (over-) analysis down to an art form. #WeShouldGetPayedForThis

3 hours ago, killuridols said:
3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

omg what's wrong with you? :lol:

:scared::scared: She's from Eastern Europe. All the Eastern Europeans I've ever met had a similarly dark, dark, dark, fucked up sense of humor :lol:

(Sorry for the stereotyping @Andy14, but you just risked offending like 75% of the people in the thread (and probably succeeded too), so I know you can take it :P)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dgnr said:

Cool! One hashtag says Sunday. And I can read "posted 13 hours ago" or something like it. I guess it took place yesterday. I can't believe I'm getting more information here than in the main GN'R section. Well maybe I shouldn't be that surprised :lol:

I think that since Fernando and Beta are there, with a lot of food around. Of course absolutely positively Axl there as well. Where there is food, there is Axl :P

Still... Where's Izzy? :smiley-confused2:

13 minutes ago, Frey said:

If he's that saintly, he likely isn't hanging out in this hell hole of a forum anyway, so no worries :awesomeface:

And well, now that you mention it, I can see it, yeah :awesomeface: Or maybe he's biting his nails, as an alternative and slightly more realistic interpretation. Plenty of adults do that when nervous or scared, after all.

We clearly have picture (over-) analysis down to an art form. #WeShouldGetPayedForThis

Yes, you and @Lumikki have lost it with this picture :rofl-lol:

(I blame it all on you two :P)

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

:scared::scared: She's from Eastern Europe. All the Eastern Europeans I've ever met had a similarly dark, dark, dark, fucked up sense of humor :lol:

(Sorry for the stereotyping @Andy14, but you just risked offending like 75% of the people in the thread (and probably succeeded too), so I know you can take it :P)

hahahahahaa :rofl-lol:

You know I could pick up from that last word and make a fest of dark, dark, fucked up humor too but omg, the report button would literally break :lol:

@Andy14 has those days when she drinks too much and becomes similar to the creepy bare chested guy in Axl's fam pic.

What a lovely bride I have, right? :wub:
(we're getting married soon) :ph34r:

33 minutes ago, Frey said:

All hail Lord Duff!

Who is willing to invite Axl's entire entourage over for BBQ. Just to make Axl feel comfortable. Or to not give Axl any excuse not to attend lol.

Either way, well played, Duff. :lol:

I would bet on Axl having been there too. It would be severely weird if Duff and family had BBQ with Beta, Nando (+family) and even the freaking personal trainer without Axl.

But then again, Axl apparently didn't even attend his own birthday party once, so nothing is for certain.  Nah, I'm gonna be an optimist for once and say Axl was there. Hallelujah.

Axl originally intended to write a book dealing only with the break-up of the band iirc correctly from the chats. Which I would still read and find interesting, but to be honest I'd prefer a proper biography about his entire life. So much about the guy is a mystery or subject of endless rumors and debate, it would be a good way for him to set the record straight on various issues as well.

This theme is very funny3

19 hours ago, stella said:

I definitely think that there will eventually be a book. At one point in one of the 90s interviews there was talk of Del James working on, IIRC, a GnR book. I could imagine Del working with Axl on this.

A lot of celebs seem to put out their memoirs when they are much older  - it's like, they can tell their story because they are at a point where they are able to actually look back at it. Katherine Hepburn's memoirs spring to mind. Or sports figures who write about their competitive careers after they're done. I could picture Axl doing something when he's 85 and finally wants to tell the tale of his life so far.

I love your posts, but I always use up my likes in the 30 day music challenge and never get to tell you.  Your view on things is usually very close to what I am thinking, but you put things in a much clearer and more articulate way than I ever could.  

4 hours ago, Axl`s BFF said:

lol I did the same was trying to see if there was a reflection in the window :axl: I was also excited that I have the same slow cooker that the PT is looking in sad I know but fun :lol::heart:

I know, I have that slow cooker too ? I can just see them all going over to the McKagen house, Beta holding her crockpot of coconut shrimp.  It just looks so normal.... like the potluck dinners I have with friends (except we don't have an attention seeeking personal trainer).  And as @Frey said "Well played Duff". 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, you and @Lumikki have lost it with this picture :rofl-lol:

(I blame it all on you two :P)

hahahahahaa :rofl-lol:

You know I could pick up from that last word and make a fest of dark, dark, fucked up humor too but omg, the report button would literally break :lol:

@Andy14 has those days when she drinks too much and becomes similar to the creepy bare chested guy in Axl's fam pic.

What a lovely bride I have, right? :wub:
(we're getting married soon) :ph34r:

Shut up, you had some pretty harsh opinions on that guy in the other picture (where he's only poking his head in from the side) too :lol:

Whose last words? Andy's? Mine? I didn't mean it that way :lol:

And yeah, the two of you will be one scary lovely couple :smiley-confused2:

8 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I know, I have that slow cooker too ? I can just see them all going over to the McKagen house, Beta holding her crockpot of coconut shrimp.  It just looks so normal.... like the potluck dinners I have with friends (except we don't have an attention seeeking personal trainer).  And as @Frey said "Well played Duff". 

Yeah, I just checked Instagram and even Fermanager and wife brought something over to eat (dessert it seems). Potluck dinner indeed.

It's good to see Axl involved in something so normal and down-to-earth.

11 minutes ago, Frey said:

Shut up, you had some pretty harsh opinions on that guy in the other picture (where he's only poking his head in from the side) too :lol:

Whose last words? Andy's? Mine? I didn't mean it that way :lol:

And yeah, the two of you will be one scary lovely couple :smiley-confused2:

Slander!

OrhN0Ts1PvKk77QrZY1x.gif

• Like 1