GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

3 hours ago, stella said:

The last album Axl released is almost 10 years old, and as we know, the songs are even older. Some of that stuff was written in the mid-90s. Not to mention that it's complete conjecture that anything there is about Erin. And even if every song on the album is actually about her - again, those are songs that are in some cases 15 or 20 years old. And writing about something that happened at an important point in one's life doesn't mean one wants to relive it. People write songs and books and films and all sorts of media about former friends and lovers all the time to document how they've felt about things and what has happened in their lives.

I'm with you there regarding the independance of art work, so to speak. As much as Axl's lyrics might be autobiographically influenced, they are not diary texts. And even if they were, putting them into songs detaches them from the real life they belonged to. A song is a piece of art that stands on its own and looses the autobiographical meaning. Besides, those songs are old and they shift in their meaning, even for their author. 

I'm really glad for Erin, that she didn't hook up with Axl anymore. That would have been so unhealthy for her, it is beyond words. When I listen to Erin's voice from old interviews (Axl and Baz with Howard Stern for example) and think of the domestic violence reports at court she gave, it is beyond creepy to me. She sounds so helpless and defenseless to me it hurts. My maternal side awakens (lion mama I am), I wanna adopt her, protect and feed her. :blink:

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Izzy's back in the partnership. 

:dance::dance:

Be still my fangirling heart... :wub:

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Izzy will have to make some sacrifices too for this reunion thing to work out, so why not start with throwing his "no dating co-workers/former childhood friends" rule over board :awesomeface:

Agreed. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I miss Izzaxl :unsure:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frey said:

All of which would be true if Axl hadn't been stalking her for years, not to mention him releasing an album not too long ago that is at least partly about her and him still bringing her up during concerts... And I still suspect the whole Erin/Slash/Meegan Instagram drama last year had something to do with Axl. That entire episode was just too weird, especially in light of Meegan and Slash hanging out with Erin during that time.

@Frey knoooows :ph34r: like @killuridolsknoooooows :ph34r:

That's all I can say :P

• Like 1

So they did reconnect and try again? And it didn't work out. Hmm.

Well the man only has two options left then:

1) Find a woman who has no idea who he is and has no preconceptions about him (prob impossible)

2) Find a Fan, who knows pretty much everything, the good, bad and ugly, and still willing to give it a shot.

I for one, selflessly volunteer! And best of all, FREE of charge! :lol: 'Course, I don't look anything like an Intelligent Model though :max:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Well unless you're gonna spill the beans.. :popcorn:  I'll take my chances! I'm (almost) sure I can handle him :devilshades: (and TB too as i'm good at sharing) :lol: 

Well... :ph34r: not long ago I was talking to this guy who used to work for the band and I jokingly said I could marry Axl and he replied to me "I dont think you want to do that. He's pretty crazy" :ph34r:

(previously we had been talking about Argentina and the argentinian women who are in relationships with Hollywood people, not just celebrities, also people who work in the industry)

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

@Frey knoooows :ph34r: like @killuridolsknoooooows :ph34r:

That's all I can say :P

No, not really. Only some bits and pieces I've been told.

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I can safely say fans know jack shit :lol:

Then enlighten us, oh wise one :awesomeface:

I'm particularly curious about the Slash/Meegan/Erin drama I mentioned earlier. Did Axl and/or TB have anything to do with that?

50 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

So they did reconnect and try again? And it didn't work out. Hmm.

Well the man only has two options left then:

1) Find a woman who has no idea who he is and has no preconceptions about him (prob impossible)

2) Find a Fan, who knows pretty much everything, the good, bad and ugly, and still willing to give it a shot.

I for one, selflessly volunteer! And best of all, FREE of charge! :lol: 'Course, I don't look anything like an Intelligent Model though :max:

What? No, not that I know of. More like Axl was hung up on her for a long-ass time, maybe still is, and Erin... well her forgiving and kind-hearted attitude is a matter of public record anyway. (Or was until she deleted all her social media). But it seems Erin has moved on with her life, and I can't blame her. Why should she wait around for Axl to grow some balls (wich might never happen anyway)?

And hah, Axl could have an entire harem of women willing to give him a shot from this thread alone :lol: And you know, now that I think about it, something like that would probably be the best option. Despite @killuridols saying fans know jack shit, the people here still know and understand way more than your average Intelligent Model, and are therfore better prepared to handle him.

25 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Well unless you're gonna spill the beans.. :popcorn:  I'll take my chances! I'm (almost) sure I can handle him :devilshades: (and TB too as i'm good at sharing) :lol: 

I wish one of you guys would get a chance. :lol: Probably the best thing that could happen to him.

7 hours ago, stella said:

Nothing is cut and dry with this band or anyone in it, LOL. But I wouldn't necessarily trust anyone who puts themselves forward as being a source, especially if they're willing to chat freely to fans about this kind of stuff. Just saying.

Obviously if they decided to give it another go, it's nobody's business to judge, but I just don't understand how anyone could say it's depressing or a shame that they didn't get together recently and that Erin is now with someone else, given what we know about their time together.

It wasn't anything like that. I was told a couple of things by someone I met in a completely different context, nothing GNR-related at all. The subject of Erin and Axl just came up a couple of times after I mentioned GNR was one of my favorite bands.

It's kind of depressing to think about because it represents another wasted opportunity for potential happiness. You operate under the assumption that Axl is happy with his life and choices, while I have a very different impression for various reasons, so I have mixed feeling on the issue. Whether it would actually have worked or not is anyone's guess, but I'm always in favor of just trying shit instead of wasting time being paralyzed by indecision and doubt.

7 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I miss Izzaxl :unsure:

You know tht Slash always cheating with Someone :lol:

Don't let Meegan hear that you think Slash should cheat on her with Axl :lol:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frey said:

Don't let Meegan hear that you think Slash should cheat on her with Axl :lol:

She wouldnt read this :ph34r: But Im pretty sure Slash read this:smiley-confused2:

*Reminds Me of Slash cheating with Duff... I mean Ned Flanders all the time before the divorce with perla

Edited by SerenityScorp

41 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I would too....not the least bit afraid of him or TB....???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

Then enlighten us, oh wise one :awesomeface:

I'm particularly curious about the Slash/Meegan/Erin drama I mentioned earlier. Did Axl and/or TB have anything to do with that?

I just did.

What would be the drama between Slash/Meegan/Erin?

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

And hah, Axl could have an entire harem of women willing to give him a shot from this thread alone :lol: And you know, now that I think about it, something like that would probably be the best option. Despite @killuridols saying fans know jack shit, the people here still know and understand way more than your average Intelligent Model, and are therfore better prepared to handle him.

No, no way.

Just because we know a lot of stuff about him that doesn't mean all we know it is accurate or correct. Our information mostly come from media sources and some good guesses we can make but there's still a "whole lot of unknown" (like my friend would say) that is missing from the picture.

Besides, being a fan puts you in a place of inequality with the other person. You are more vulnerable, you have a pre-notion of the person and also an ideal of how he is.

Another problem I find is the status difference between a regular fan and Axl. Someone who comes from and very different background trying to melt with the rich and famous would be nuts. Social difference is always a thing that causes friction in couples. The same with education and money. When you and your partner are in different places regarding those topics, when one of you is poorer, less educated, has a different religion, or has more money, a better job, higher or lower sociao status, all those things sooner or later take a toll on the relationship. 

I really can't see Axl with a fan. 

4 minutes ago, highres said:

You can bet Leo is distancing himself from all these people. His lifestyle must embarrass him and who ever planted this story sold him out.

http://pagesix.com/2017/01/19/why-greice-santo-is-furious-with-leonardo-dicaprio/

Holy shit! That woman is the pest! :wow:

And lol Andrei, first time he came across as somewhat decent by calling on her shit :lol:

I think she called him out. He doesn't respect she is a serious person about her career and sees her as an object. Leo can take care of himself and if someone tries to interest him in a project, he can tell them to go thru the right channels and he doesn't want to be asked in his leisure time. Leo can ask that she not be invited around him. Andrei bringing girls  around reflects more on the guys. They like shallow interactions and shallow friends like Andrei.

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

If someone were an actual insider, would they be bullshitting and alluding to stuff on a message board? And would an actual insider - associated with a person who has a strong track record of being extremely private - still be in the inner circle if they were busy gossiping and sharing personal information with random fans? Just something to think about when someone alludes to being an insider or knowing one. Most of the actual insiders are going to keep their mouths shut and not tell you who they are...and the ones who do disclose their identities, like Marc Canter, are really, really careful about what they say.

Just saying. There have been countless "insiders" over the years who have turned out to be complete bullshit artists...they want the attention and they want people to think they're more special than they actually are. And also pointing out that there are literally thousands of people who would have worked for/with Axl and the others over the past two decades...merely owning a backstage credential doesn't mean someone's trustworthy or knows what the hell they're talking about.

Edited by stella
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Frey said:

It wasn't anything like that. I was told a couple of things by someone I met in a completely different context, nothing GNR-related at all. The subject of Erin and Axl just came up a couple of times after I mentioned GNR was one of my favorite bands.

It's kind of depressing to think about because it represents another wasted opportunity for potential happiness. You operate under the assumption that Axl is happy with his life and choices, while I have a very different impression for various reasons, so I have mixed feeling on the issue. Whether it would actually have worked or not is anyone's guess, but I'm always in favor of just trying shit instead of wasting time being paralyzed by indecision and doubt.

but it's actually *not* another wasted opportunity for happiness. I think when people assume a LTR = happiness or that it's something Axl needs to make him happy, they're really projecting. It's just a continuation of that OTP/fandom romanticism or the idea that relationships complete people. And I think it's also conjecture to assume Axl was "paralyzed by indecision and doubt"...for all we know, he might have had a whole host of valid reasons to think it might have been complete poison and was best avoided.

Axl's back with his old bandmates, got to do a tour with another band he really admired, seems to have friends he enjoys, seems to mentally and physically be in a good place right now...and somehow he needs a woman to make him happy?!

Edited by stella
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, stella said:

but it's actually *not* another wasted opportunity for happiness. I think when people assume a LTR = happiness or that it's something Axl needs to make him happy, they're really projecting. It's just a continuation of that silly romanticism or the idea that relationships complete people. And I think it's also conjecture to assume Axl was "paralyzed by indecision and doubt"...for all we know, he might have had a whole host of valid reasons to think it might have been complete poison and was best avoided.

Axl's back with his old bandmates, got to do a tour with another band he really admired, seems to have friends he enjoys, seems to mentally and physically be in a good place right now...and somehow he needs a woman to make him happy?!

All Axl need is Slash

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I'm with you there regarding the independance of art work, so to speak. As much as Axl's lyrics might be autobiographically influenced, they are not diary texts. And even if they were, putting them into songs detaches them from the real life they belonged to. A song is a piece of art that stands on its own and looses the autobiographical meaning. Besides, those songs are old and they shift in their meaning, even for their author. 

I'm really glad for Erin, that she didn't hook up with Axl anymore. That would have been so unhealthy for her, it is beyond words. When I listen to Erin's voice from old interviews (Axl and Baz with Howard Stern for example) and think of the domestic violence reports at court she gave, it is beyond creepy to me. She sounds so helpless and defenseless to me it hurts. My maternal side awakens (lion mama I am), I wanna adopt her, protect and feed her. :blink:

I really like your thoughts here! Sometimes those life experiences and interactions - and even the breakups - really influence the work in ways that yield a lot of great things. I think it can be very cathartic.

5 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

All Axl need is Slash

*eyeroll*

19 minutes ago, stella said:

If someone were an actual insider, would they be bullshitting and alluding to stuff on a message board? And would an actual insider - associated with a person who has a strong track record of being extremely private - still be in the inner circle if they were busy gossiping and sharing personal information with random fans? Just something to think about when someone alludes to being an insider or knowing one. Most of the actual insiders are going to keep their mouths shut and not tell you who they are...and the ones who do disclose their identities, like Marc Canter, are really, really careful about what they say.

Just saying. There have been countless "insiders" over the years who have turned out to be complete bullshit artists...they want the attention and they want people to think they're more special than they actually are.

12 minutes ago, stella said:

and somehow he needs a woman to make him happy?!

Eh, I'm just having some fun ;)

And no, just any woman, ME..lol. and ok, maybe BlueJean Baby too since she came forward.. as i said, I'm good with sharing..somebody tweet TB and let them know :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, Whiskey Rose said:

Eh, I'm just having some fun ;)

And no, just any woman, ME..lol. and ok, maybe BlueJean Baby too since she came forward.. as i said, I'm good with sharing..somebody tweet TB and let them know :lol: 

LOL! Well, if you're successful let us know, we'll all come throw rice at the wedding.

• Like 1