GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Never heard of that story before, so thanks for sharing. Also:

1) Axl was ALONE? Surprised TB left him out of their sight for once.

2) He talked about Slash to some random stranger. Again. Did/does he EVER talk about anything else than Slash? :facepalm::lol: How many people have said now Axl was prattling on about Slash when they met them? I think I've lost count lol.

Also, yeah, use that accent of yours to your advantage. Some guys are really into that, so who knows, it might get you far. If not into Axl's pants, than at least backstage or something where you can snoop around and engage in some espionage. And then you can come back here and report your findings :awesomeface:

Yes, the guy from Blackburn rang in to a radio show here to talk about his encounter with Axl and said he was on his own at first but he did eventually go off with friends, so I assume TB came to find out where he was :lol: 

This is the only thing I can find about it..

http://gnr.proboards.com/thread/7148/latest-axls-fan-anecdote-2014

When he phoned into the radio show its a shame they didn't really press him to talk about what exactly Axl said about Slash, I'd love to know what he told him about the arguments between them, but they were more concerned with knowing about Axl watching football and who's side he was on lol. 

Im surprised he likes the accent to be honest, it's not something I would've thought he would like for some reason :question:

Mines not quite Lancs cos it's Yorkshire and we are sworn enemies since War Of The Roses :awesomeface: He mentioned when last here in yorks that he loved the accent, so if I ever get the opportunity to use it to my advantage I totally will, I'm good at snooping around :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

He DOES need shorter hair. He's a 55 years old man. Old people can't pull the "messy teenage hair" anymore. That's something some old people do not get and end up looking so bad like that.
It comes a point in life when you cannot do or wear the same things you did when you were a teen or in your 20's so better accept it and get a proper haircut, for age, type of hair and type of face.

I'm not sure the anti frizz product work very much. They can tame a little but that guy really needs a haircut he can handle without having to put on a lot of hair product. He's lazy, he will forget using them.

Another option is for him to tie it, at least. Pony tail or something.

Right now my hair is a big mess like his but I don't allow myself to go out like that. I've been braiding my hair or tie it in a high/low bun (depends on the day) and at least I don't look so bad.

Now I have this image of Axl with his hair in a high/low bun in my head..thaaaaanks! :rofl-lol:

* and now you all have it too! enjoy!!! :takethat:

1 hour ago, solstar said:

Sorry about the pic. I can't manage to paste it but it's the one he's on the rollercoaster.

And yes, his hair does look better in this last picture. He should def have it cut, but he should get a cool haircut though, nothing too tidy please.:nervous:

I love Steven Tyler's hair - he has a lot of it and imo he looks really cool, but I might be biased by his charisma. Dave Grohl's hair looks good too! But the king of good hair will always be Anthony Kiedis imo - I could spend all day just running my fingers through it. :drool:

Is this the pic?

o6wxhc.jpg

I think Steven Tyler's hair is really cool. Everything about Steven is cool! I like the Californication era Anthony way more than the long hair one, though :P

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No, no, no and nooooo :scared:

because....

Steven Tyler = Pata Villanueva
A6Jj5qqCIAA5NT1.jpg

I think Axl's classic serial killer face was justified that time (he looks seriously upset in this one :lol:). Those women look closer to Axl's 2017 age than 1992. And how dare you compare one of them to the almighty Steven Tyler? <_<

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Aww :wub:. Thank you :hug:. But I might join the Izzy thread now because:

Well, you're more than welcome to join the NO! Gang, I'm sure @SerenityScorp will approve. We'll treat you a lot better than evil @killuridols :)

Edited by BorderlineCrazy
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Is this the pic?

o6wxhc.jpg

I think Steven Tyler's hair is really cool. Everything about Steven is cool! I like the Californication era Anthony way more than the long hair one, though :P

I think Axl's classic serial killer face was justified that time (he looks seriously upset in this one :lol:). Those women look closer to Axl's 2017 age than 1992. And how dare you compare one of them to the almighty Steven Tyler? <_<

Well, you're more than welcome to join the NO! Gang, I'm sure @SerenityScorp will approve. We'll treat you a lot better than evil @killuridols :)

Yesssss that's the one!! Thank you! I just love that picture of Axl :heart: And the short hair looks good to me.

Agreed, Steven Tyler must be one of the coolest guys on Earth. Shame on you @killuridols ! :lol: 

And Anthony's hair has always been great - long, short, blonde, whatever (I wonder what shampoo the dude wears!) - but imo his best look was around 2003, you know before the infamous 'stache. :facepalm:

981fe69a9401fd1fc0f55ed435abe05d.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

If only I was 18 ...:lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Agreed, Steven Tyler must be one of the coolest guys on Earth. Shame on you @killuridols ! :lol: 

And who said he isn't cool, you pair of boludos!!! ?? :lol:

I was only talking about his HAIR, PELO, CABELLO, CHEVEUX, CAPELLI :facepalm:

Of course, he's awesome. I met him and saw him in concert last year so no shame on me nothing :bitchfight:

Yeah, those women were already kinda old in 1992. They are indeed way older than Axl.

And Anthony's hair has always been great - long, short, blonde, whatever (I wonder what shampoo the dude wears!) - but imo his best look was around 2003, you know before the infamous 'stache. :facepalm:

981fe69a9401fd1fc0f55ed435abe05d.jpg

Oh, I like this haircut more than his long hair from 1991. :o

Maybe Axl could try something like this, although his face shape is different.... This is kinda similar to Duff's current haircut and Duff's face shape is similar to Anthony's, long neck and long face.

4 hours ago, solstar said:

Sorry about the pic. I can't manage to paste it but it's the one he's on the rollercoaster.

And yes, his hair does look better in this last picture. He should def have it cut, but he should get a cool haircut though, nothing too tidy please.:nervous:

I love Steven Tyler's hair - he has a lot of it and imo he looks really cool, but I might be biased by his charisma. Dave Grohl's hair looks good too! But the king of good hair will always be Anthony Kiedis imo - I could spend all day just running my fingers through it. :drool:

If Anthony is the King, Dave is the Prince of good hair, IMO.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Of course, he's awesome. I met him and saw him in concert last year so no shame on me nothing :bitchfight:

Yeah, those women were already kinda old in 1992. They are indeed way older than Axl.

Oh, I like this haircut more than his long hair from 1991. :o

Maybe Axl could try something like this, although his face shape is different.... This is kinda similar to Duff's current haircut and Duff's face shape is similar to Anthony's, long neck and long face.

hahahah :rofl-lol:

We are a pair of boludos indeed! :D

What do you mean you "met him" though??? Where??

I was so surprised when I first saw that picture of Axl with those Argentine wannabes :facepalm:...I guess it's true when they say that "the fox may lose his hair..." :lol:

I think Anthony/Duff's haircut (or similar) could work on Axl, as in layers usually make faces look thinner. The problem imo is that Axl's hair is way too thin, so maybe it could work out better for him if it was cut shorter like this:

UAZLXaMJ.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, solstar said:

hahahah :rofl-lol:

We are a pair of boludos indeed! :D

What do you mean you "met him" though??? Where??

13065781_1578941119102349_1217286974_n.p

14 minutes ago, solstar said:

I was so surprised when I first saw that picture of Axl with those Argentine wannabes :facepalm:...I guess it's true when they say that "the fox may lose his hair..." :lol:

I think they were thrown to him, like they were invited because they liked hitting the BA scene at the time, but his ass face says it all.
He had Steph back then, lol, compare that to those ugly viejas :lol:
He must have felt like ew all the time.

17 minutes ago, solstar said:

I think Anthony/Duff's haircut (or similar) could work on Axl, as in layers usually make faces look thinner. The problem imo is that Axl's hair is way too thin, so maybe it could work out better for him if it was cut shorter like this:

Yeah, but he will have to style it, at least for the shows..... The problem is the frizz, not sure hair is too thin. It looks its got a lot of volume, or is it the frizz? but at the same time it looks like its little hair, so I don't know.

Something has to be done, omg :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

13065781_1578941119102349_1217286974_n.p

OMG what does this even mean?? :lol:

Tell us about it please pretty pleaseeee :hug:

I think they were thrown to him, like they were invited because they liked hitting the BA scene at the time, but his ass face says it all.
He had Steph back then, lol, compare that to those ugly viejas :lol:
He must have felt like ew all the time.

haaa I bet it was after this encounter that he came up with the "only intelligent models" rule :lol:

Yeah, but he will have to style it, at least for the shows..... The problem is the frizz, not sure hair is too thin. It looks its got a lot of volume, or is it the frizz? but at the same time it looks like its little hair, so I don't know.

Something has to be done, omg :facepalm:

Yes, urgently. Oh God please please, answer our prayers :facepalm:

• Like 1

Ok, so obviously McDreamy has gorgeous hair, but I really think with a great cut/stylist and some gel Axl's hair could look something like this..I think he would look good! I really liked the shorter 'do in April as well. I don't know how to photoshop though, so can't put his face in there to really see for sure :P

Image result for patrick dempsey hair

12 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Ok, so obviously McDreamy has gorgeous hair, but I really think with a great cut/stylist and some gel Axl's hair could look something like this..I think he would look good! I really liked the shorter 'do in April as well. I don't know how to photoshop though, so can't put his face in there to really see for sure :P

Umm... that haircut would be too formal for a rocker like Axl and this guy gots lots of hair, unlike our redhead :P

I can photoshop it but it will look awful because this guy has dark hair and he's not so pale skin like Axl.

We would have to find someone like Brad Pitt (or another blond/redhead guy) and try on that.

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Umm... that haircut would be too formal for a rocker like Axl and this guy gots lots of hair, unlike our redhead :P

If he keeps the longer rocker look, we'll never get rid of the damn frizz. lol. Short layers are the only cure for that, but he does lose his "look."

What about these Eric Stolz styles? One more rocker, which is similar to Troubadour, (frizz will still be a problem tho!) and one more um, mature :P

Image result for eric stolz hair

Image result for eric stolz hair

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I am the biggest boludo in the world hands down but not for this. As I said, everything about Steven is cool, that INCLUDES HIS HAIR. He looks badass! :headbang:

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Don't talk about McDreamy, it's so sad that he died :cry:

The thing with his hair is that most of the time we're seeing it when he's in concert, and no matter if he's a hair model, it's going to get damp and frizzy with all those hot lights and sweating. And it's in that awkward growing-out-but-not-long-yet phase. It might look better when it's grown out more.

I think he should keep it however damn long he wants, regardless of his age, and regardless of how anyone else feels about it - most of the time he has it under a hat anyway.

In terms of good hair, 1991-era Axl, when Marc Canter's wife was doing it, was the peak, I think. And even though it was popular to make fun of the cornrows, I think the 2006 ones weren't bad.
saat-agama-dan-politik-sama-kejamnya-bag

In terms of Gen-Xers with nice longer hair, I'd vote for:

b172b498991793487e1e00a3f805aafb.jpg

hugh-jackman-with-long-hair.jpg

Baz always seems to have really glossy, well-maintained hair, too.

sebastian-back-getty-946.jpg?w=640&h=360

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_3607.JPG.e34424743d222bb39654cbe18715d2ec.JPG

I thought he looked great here and at the beginning of the tour, sadly,  it went down hill rapidly and then he brought back the boots too :no:

I have no suggestions as to what can be done, he looks beyond help. 

THIS was the look I thought he was going to keep (outfit included) and I was so :drool: about it! LOL 

Yeah, the combination of his terrible hair and the boots is something I never thought he would dare to pull :facepalm:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

THIS was the look I thought he was going to keep (outfit included) and I was so :drool: about it! LOL 

Yeah, the combination of his terrible hair and the boots is something I never thought he would dare to pull :facepalm:

His hair's sweaty in there, that's why it looks less frizzy, doesn't it?

I hate the pants though. Only to wear with a broken ankle.

I go with @MillionsOfSpiders here. He looks beyond help to me. Like a stubborn, ignorant, way to long-term bachelor. :shrugs:

Still astonishing to me what is possible. Such a beautiful man he was. How is this even possible? I'm sorry if part of it is due to him being depressive and unwell. He does seem better now, doesn't he? Now he's got this bachelor stubbornness around him that isn't helping at all.

10 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

His hair's sweaty in there, that's why it looks less frizzy, doesn't it?

I hate the pants though. Only to wear with a broken ankle.

I go with @MillionsOfSpiders here. He looks beyond help to me. Like a stubborn, ignorant, way to long-term bachelor. :shrugs:

Still astonishing to me what is possible. Such a beautiful man he was. How is this even possible? I'm sorry if part of it is due to him being depressive and unwell. He does seem better now, doesn't he? Now he's got this bachelor stubbornness around him that isn't helping at all.

Yes, but it was shorter as well, easier to handle.

I like the pants! It's about time he shows his legs again and his legs tattoos. What to have them for if he's going to cover it all? 

Just because he seems better now it doesn't mean he is indeed well or doing well. He's got shows to do and has to put on a mask to carry on with them. But who knows how he feels right after he walks out of stage.. :shrugs:

I don't know what's the deal with his hair. It looks bad all the time. I think he's tried to fix it for a long time and maybe he just gave up.

This bad hair started back in 1994. I'm lazy now but if someone wants to post pics of him from the Elton John's HOF induction, you can see how his hair is not as good and healthy as it looked in 1992. 

Maybe him having it cut very short around 1998 has something to do with that. But then in 2000 and 2001 he appeared with some awful thick hair that didn't look like his at all :confused: and the rest is history. Not a single year in the last two decades we can say Axl's hair was great like in the old times. So.... it's a mistery to me....

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, but it was shorter as well, easier to handle.

I like the pants! It's about time he shows his legs again and his legs tattoos. What to have them for if he's going to cover it all? 

Just because he seems better now it doesn't mean he is indeed well or doing well. He's got shows to do and has to put on a mask to carry on with them. But who knows how he feels right after he walks out of stage.. :shrugs:

I don't know what's the deal with his hair. It looks bad all the time. I think he's tried to fix it for a long time and maybe he just gave up.

This bad hair started back in 1994. I'm lazy now but if someone wants to post pics of him from the Elton John's HOF induction, you can see how his hair is not as good and healthy as it looked in 1992. 

Maybe him having it cut very short around 1998 has something to do with that. But then in 2000 and 2001 he appeared with some awful thick hair that didn't look like his at all :confused: and the rest is history. Not a single year in the last two decades we can say Axl's hair was great like in the old times. So.... it's a mistery to me....

It acutally started in 1993, if you look closely. It was frizzy then most of the time. And yeah to all you say. Not soooo keen on his legs nowadays but I wouldn't mind a look :)

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

It acutally started in 1993, if you look closely. It was frizzy then most of the time. And yeah to all you say. Not soooo keen on his legs nowadays but I wouldn't mind a look :)

I remember the last time he came to Argentina before the band breakup, it was July 1993 and I also remember noticing how he had trimmed his hair. GN'R came here for the first time in December 1992, so that was only 6 months difference. I don't think it looked bad back then. Actually I liked that he had trimmed it.

Then comes the Estranged and SIDH videos. He looks awesome in both but you can notice the amount of hair had diminished already.

Something must have happened that affected the health of his hair relatively quickly :unsure:

IMG_3611.JPG.97a349c20cd593911539d9d04dca8e8e.JPG

His hair and also his skin condition were really bad in 1994. Like @Blackstar said when she posted the video of Axl backstage there, he didn't look good or well at all. 

Not long after that is the full bandanas and shorter hair. 

IMG_3615.JPG.b95d492dd5c0ba0c896ea662a209ac53.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG.9102824923fb4cebc517bd46c57f272b.JPG

IMG_3613.JPG.68f2b730b7dc361f90066baf4165c0e3.JPG

His hair is more or less the length it is now but nowhere near as frizzy or damaged looking. 

----

@Tori72 I think the long shorts really suit Axl, he looked awesome in that picture I posted and a few others when he wore those shorts, also less bling looks so much better too, I would rather see his tattoo on his wrist. I would love for him to get his leg tats out too, his legs look in great shape the same as his arms - it would be a good distraction from his frizzy head and big belly :lol:

• Like 3